ADVERTISEMENT

What was FSU ex QB DeAndre Johnson doing in a gay bar when he hit that woman

What? No.

You are conflating different situations badly.

It's "never ok to hit a woman" because it's almost never necessary. It's almost never self defense.

Conversely, it can absolutely be necessary to hit a man. When a man is punched by another man, it's probably high-time to punch him back unless you are dying for an ass kicking.

Do you disagree?

We are not discussing self defense. Self defense requires "reasonable force" and will vary from situation to situation. People have to follow the law in that regard. What we're talking about is society's views on violence when the victim is male vs. female. If you witnessed your son-in-law slap your daughter and your daughter-in-law slap your son, your emotional response to the 2 situations would be completely different. They would. I can read your posts and tell with 100% certainty they would. Serious question though; why? Why would your response and level of empathy be far greater for your daughter than your son?

The typical response to this is usually "Well, my son-in-law could really hurt my daughter if he wanted to", but that is not what we're talking about. All we're talking about is a slap to the face. No serious physical injuries whatsoever; just a smack. Why would you have far greater empathy for your daughter than your son? I don't think there is a single legitimate reason for why you should.

In the video Alaskan linked, the man in the jacket is being verbally abused to hell and back. He is then battered by the woman that has already assaulted him. He then slaps the woman in the face and what happens next? A male bystander jumps in to kick his tail in an apparent effort to protect the woman's "honor". What kind of attitude does our society have to be promoting for this guy to not only stick up for this wretched woman (over an innocent man), but to go so far as to attempt to beat him to a pulp? You can call it faux concern if you like, but frankly I find it disturbing.

There are not many people that will weep over a double standard in this particular situation. Who is being harmed? Who is aggrieved? Not FSU and not Johnson.

That was the reason I asked you Noles; why you are so insistently shrill that the woman be charged?

.....who is harmed by the double standard?

If she were charged, Johnson would also still be charged. If she were charged, Johnson would still be off the team. If she were charged, FSU would still suffer the embarrassment of yet another example of an FSU athlete assaulting a woman. So why are Noles so shrill about "omg double standard, omg she is a whore, omg the media hates FSU!"

Because she ended an FSU football player's career, and gd damn it, SHE MUST BE PUNISHED!!!

These are the same folks who vandalized their own players cars after the Oregon game. Nothing matters to them but winning football games. Don't you - ANYONE - dare compromise their ability to win, or you must be punished.

Reactions: GatorGray
Damn, I did not know that about FSU fans vandalizing player cars after that loss. But I looked it up. You are right.

Serious question though; why? Why would your response and level of empathy be far greater for your daughter than your son?

One reason? In general, a man is capable of inflicting much more physical damage with one swing that a woman.

My mom said the same thing. No one in this thread is argueing that he should NOT have hit her, nary a one. NO one is arguing he shouldn't have been dissmissed from the team. He SHOULD have been.

For some reason, people can't grasp the fact the discussion is simply women need to quit acting like they can behave like men without consequences. The secondary debate is at what point does a man not have to show restraint....we realize they are expected to show a LOT of restraint, but is there ever a point where they can retaliate or engage in self defense?

Stop saying things I agree with, dammit. It screws up my world view.

You ever see the Grandpa on the bus video punching the women passenger for spitting on him? "She wanna be a man I'll treat you like a man" Not sure the video would last long in this thread. Its on youtube

You ever see the Grandpa on the bus video punching the women passenger for spitting on him? "She wanna be a man I'll treat you like a man" Not sure the video would last long in this thread. Its on youtube
Are you really comparing an old man with an 18 year old athlete?

Really?

Where does it say I'm comparing anything? I just asked if you saw the video. These dumbasses can beat the crap out of each other.

My mom said the same thing. No one in this thread is argueing that he should NOT have hit her, nary a one. NO one is arguing he shouldn't have been dissmissed from the team. He SHOULD have been.

For some reason, people can't grasp the fact the discussion is simply women need to quit acting like they can behave like men without consequences. The secondary debate is at what point does a man not have to show restraint....we realize they are expected to show a LOT of restraint, but is there ever a point where they can retaliate or engage in self defense?

Is this video an example?

Finally, IMO, there's a big difference in walking around openly displaying unprovoked aggression and violence towards women and making a huge, regrettable mistake by retaliating against a woman. He even admitted (and never denied to FSU staff) that he screwed up. 23 seconds changed his life, it didn't make him a "POS"...he becomes a POS if this behavior continues.
Then why bring it up...in this thread?
th

Man you guys bitch about everything, smh Just saw the video of the chic hitting a dude across the face with a shoe on the train. Happy?

SKS, you get a break. E-mail me in a couple of weeks.

I suggest a few others simmer down. Now.

What ever happened to just avoiding these situations all together? How do you even get yourself in that position? Bad judgement/bad decision making? Seems like the best thing and the smarted thing to do would be to just avoid the situation all together. You make it sound as if he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and just accidentally stumbled into this situation to begin with.

I think that you are taking it the wrong way...I agree...if you're hanging out in bars and clubs (regardless if you're old enough or not) this kind of stuff happens all the time. I was making a much different point...I pretty much agree with what you're saying.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT