ADVERTISEMENT

What was FSU ex QB DeAndre Johnson doing in a gay bar when he hit that woman

The issue is whether there SHOULD be or not. But apparently more than a few individuals are willing to excuse the actions of an adult based on what's between their legs, and they think people who disagree are the crazy ones. LOL.

Agree. The scary thing to me is that it's only going further in the wrong direction. The majority of men stick up for women. The majority of women stick up for women. What you get is a society that caters to women and has zero empathy for men. If men have issues, they should "Man up" and take it "like a man". I posted numerous negative outcomes for men relative to women in this thread and not one person said "Dang, that's pretty messed up". Men don't even care about their own issues. They're too busy propping up women in hopes of getting brownie points.

Reactions: oozie7
He still doesn't understand that the WHY doesn't matter, which is the funny part. He's already agreed that there is a double standard, which was the entire freaking point of the posts I've made, the why doesn't matter. The issue is whether there SHOULD be or not. But apparently more than a few individuals are willing to excuse the actions of an adult based on what's between their legs, and they think people who disagree are the crazy ones. LOL.

I'd venture to say if this was an incident involving a player from any school other than FSU AND it was being discussed in the Lounge, you'd have a lot more support from your constituents, oozie.

As it stands, though, lashing out at a double-standard somehow equates to:

Excusing DJ's actions
Supporting rape
Supporting abuse of a pregnant woman
Various other (unrelated) NCAA violations
...and my personal favorite, allowing 10-year-olds in bars

o_O

This thread has pretty much run its course. At least we know everybody's stance now. We even got to see people look at a video and describe in detail something that's not even there. "He grabbed her arm and backed her down" "He gabbed her by her shoulders and she retaliated". Just unreal. Oh well, at the end of the day, DJ's f'ed up when he punched an aggressive drunk bar chick and he paid dearly for it. Good riddance. Gotta use better judgement than that. Just tell the drunk to have a nice day and go to another area of the bar.

Yes, because that's the point being made.

You support a double standard. We get it.

I don't support a double standard. I think everyone has a right to defend themselves.

1. I don't think a reasonable person would think his actions were justified.
2. I believe she was acting in self defense when he restrained her.

Arguments can be made as to who the instigator was, but my stance is that he is the primary aggressor. Saying that she assaulted him is a weak argument. He made contact first and she took exception. There are no special conditions due to the fact that it happened at a bar. He was under aged, appeared to be drunk, and made some costly decisions. I agree that she acted like a jack ass. I just don't believe she broke the law.

Bay, facts are very important here. I am glad he is gone. You can't hit a woman in that situation. That said the facts fell on deaf ears here in regards to J5 so let's not act all lawyer high and mighty in this.

He still doesn't understand that the WHY doesn't matter, which is the funny part. He's already agreed that there is a double standard, which was the entire freaking point of the posts I've made, the why doesn't matter. The issue is whether there SHOULD be or not. But apparently more than a few individuals are willing to excuse the actions of an adult based on what's between their legs, and they think people who disagree are the crazy ones. LOL.

HYPO (because Alaska loves em):

If Johnson punched her a 2nd time, breaking her jaw, requiring surgery and hospitalizing her for days...

Are you going to call for an Officer to go into that hospital, arrest her for Battery and then call on the SAO to prosecute her for the Battery?

But she would have broke the law had he not punched her (or was that another poster who believes that...BayAreaGator maybe?)?

That's not my stance. I thought they were both fine up until he grabbed her. The idea that just touching someone is assault is a little far fetched to me. Then you could make the argument for his "bump" and her subsequent forearm shiver. I guess it's all about interpretation.

But she would have broke the law had he not punched her (or was that another poster who believes that...BayAreaGator maybe?)?

sigh.jpg

HYPO (because Alaska loves em):

If Johnson punched her a 2nd time, breaking her jaw, requiring surgery and hospitalizing her for days...

Are you going to call for an Officer to go into that hospital, arrest her for Battery and then call on the SAO to prosecute her for the Battery?

No because at that point it's excessive, but that's not what happened. Let's focus on what did happen. And knowing what we know, yes she should have been charged with simple battery at a minimum. You realize that just threatening someone verbally constitutes assault? She kneed, shoved, and punched someone. How on earth does that not get ANY charge? You and I both know why and I just can't agree with that. He should not have punched her but she learned a valuable lesson, pick a fight with someone you can beat next time. She didn't expect him to retaliate because we've raised generations of women to think they can put their hands on men with no consequence, too bad.

Cook will rush for 1200 yards this year. Can't wait. He will probably get 200 of that against Miami because they suck so bad.

No because at that point it's excessive

You realize what you did there, right? You have now flip flopped.

Now, you agree with me....that circumstances (i.e. the level of punishment/injury a female endures should play a role in whether she is charged with Battery) do matter....a Female who commits a Battery but after doing so, gets punched in the face by a man, should not be charged with Battery if the man injures her to an extent you feel is "excessive."

The only thing you and I disagree on is the point at which her injuries are excessive enough that she should not be charged with Battery.

I think Johnson's punch to her face causing "bruising, swelling and a cut" is enough not to charge her.

You think he needed to swing twice, breaking her jaw, requiring surgery, and hospitalization for days.

Supposedly, Johnson complained that he was being treated differently from how Cook was treated, who he claimed did the very same thing, or something similar.

danloman sycophants, right on time.

Now we need goldmom coming over here to tell us what a whore this girl was that Cook mistreated, so she probably deserved it.

And Wyatt help us if the girl might have been jockeying with Cook for a position at a bar, and swung at him after he grabbed her arms. SK and Igloo will be all over it.

Last edited:
Gotta love the TPD

Florida State running back Dalvin Cook is under investigation for the battery of a 21-year-old woman outside of a Tallahassee bar on June 23.

State Attorney Willie Meggs said Friday he has not brought any charges against Cook at this time, but the matter is still being reviewed.

In a heavily redacted police report obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat, the victim was listed as intoxicated and suffered minor abrasion/bruises from the incident, which occurred outside of Clyde's & Costellos on South Adams Street.

The victim's name and personal information were listed in the report, but the report does not have a suspect listed. The victim was able to identify the suspect to police.

Names of two other witnesses — a male and female — were listed in the report, but redacted.

The victim plans to press charges, according to the report, and could not be reached for comment by the Tallahassee Democrat.

The incident occurred the day before former FSU freshman quarterback De'Andre Johnson was charged with misdemeanor battery after police said he punched a woman at Yianni's nightclub.

You realize what you did there, right? You have now flip flopped.

Now, you agree with me....that circumstances (i.e. the level of punishment/injury a female endures should play a role in whether she is charged with Battery) do matter....a Female who commits a Battery but after doing so, gets punched in the face by a man, should not be charged with Battery if the man injures her to an extent you feel is "excessive."

The only thing you and I disagree on is the point at which her injuries are excessive enough that she should not be charged with Battery.

I think Johnson's punch to her face causing "bruising, swelling and a cut" is enough not to charge her.

You think he needed to swing twice, breaking her jaw, requiring surgery, and hospitalization for days.

Not necessarily. I think intent should matter too. I don't remember on what page I mentioned it, but in the heat of a moment if someone takes a swing at your head your immediate reaction is to protect yourself and fire back. In the scenario you outlined, I think his intent then would have been to injure rather than just being reactionary, so it's different for that reason.

Not necessarily. I think intent should matter too. I don't remember on what page I mentioned it, but in the heat of a moment if someone takes a swing at your head your immediate reaction is to protect yourself and fire back. In the scenario you outlined, I think his intent then would have been to injure rather than just being reactionary, so it's different for that reason.

It looked to me like DJ thought it over before he crushed that girls face. Just saying.

And Wyatt help us if the girl might have been jockeying with Cook for a position at a bar, and swung at him after he grabbed her arms. SK and Igloo will be all over it.

Not sure what this even means, but I don't understand most of your blather. My guess is Cook has played his last game in a FSU uniform.

How does and why should his "intent" affect whether she is charged? Those two things are about as irrelevant to each other as can be. You're going off in a direction I can barely follow.

You're trying too hard now. I think you're just digging in.

How does and why should his "intent" affect whether she is charged? Those two things are about as irrelevant to each other as can be. You're going off in a direction I can barely follow.

You're trying too hard now. I think you're just digging in.

What? So you don't think there's a difference between firing a punch right after someone fires a punch at you in a reactionary state and continuing to punch someone after the threat has been neutralized? One scenario is clearly an intent to injure while the other isn't. Why would that not make a difference in the scenario you outlined if circumstances matter?

It didn't look to me like he thought he was threatened in the slightest. Nor did it look like that girl would be capable of hurting him if she wanted to. It looked to me like he is a violent individual, and the second he felt justified, he bashed that girl in the face with as much bad intent as he was capable of.

Whether she should be arrested or not is irrelevant to the question of whether he is a POS. He is.

Or an ability on your part to make a cogent argument.
Oh Dear. You still think that FSU played a tougher schedule in the 90s in the ACC, than if they would have were they in the SEC, right?

If so, I can well understand your challenges trying to master effective reading comprehension.

Oh Dear. You still think that FSU played a tougher schedule in the 90s in the ACC, than if they would have were they in the SEC, right?

If so, I can well understand your challenges trying to master effective reading comprehension.

I'll try to be nice, but you genuinely aren't a very intelligent person are you? Your characterizations of other peoples ideas are so twisted it's bizarre. It's like you're living on a different planet.

To be honest, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she was charged with something. The more I watch the video, the more annoying she gets.

I still don't want him on the team, though. The future "face" of the program needs to be able to conduct himself with some restraint. His punch was purely retaliatory, not self-defense.

I'll try to be nice, but you genuinely aren't a very intelligent person are you? Your characterizations of other peoples ideas are so twisted it's bizarre. It's like you're living on a different planet.

I told you in another thread it's pointles going back and forth with MJ. Now ya know

Reactions: SKSnole

So you don't understand a very straight forward statement and MJ is the one that is not very intelligent. LOL

So you don't understand a very straight forward statement and MJ is the one that is not very intelligent. LOL

MJ blatantly misrepresents other peoples views and creates straw men. I used to think it was a shtick. I no longer believe that.

Butt hurt Noles are butt hurt.

To be honest, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she was charged with something. The more I watch the video, the more annoying she gets.

meH. It would not hurt my feelings either. But I am not sure why her being charged seems to be so important to some of your brethren.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT