ADVERTISEMENT

What was FSU ex QB DeAndre Johnson doing in a gay bar when he hit that woman

MJ blatantly misrepresents other peoples views and creates straw men. I used to think it was a shtick. I no longer believe that.
Rival Message boards.

Are you new to them?

Especially offseason.

Time to resurrect this characterization of Nole fans like you

images

Just read where the reason the Dalvin Cook incident suddenly became public is because Johnson complained on the way out of the door that he was being treated differently than was Cook. Press got wind of it and BANG. TPD & fsu could no longer cover it up.

They will have to get rid of Cook unless some strong mitigating evidence comes up. If the narrative that Gray is talking about were to catch on and they tried to keep him, the media's attention would turn to Jimbo pretty quick.

Cook will probably win the Heisman at Auburn.

That's why we recruit. If this is what Cook choose to do, then Patrick, Pender and Vickers have to step up.

God forbid you are concerned about the Open Season on women that has been declared by the football team. Perhaps the bigger issue of violence against women that is going on. No, it is about who is going to be the running back this fall.

THIS is why fsu has the reputation it does. It is ingrained in your collective heads. Football first, it is where the identity of the University is centered. The reputation is well deserved. But you all will blame ESPN, etc.

God forbid you are concerned about the Open Season on women that has been declared by the football team. Perhaps the bigger issue of violence against women that is going on. No, it is about who is going to be the running back this fall.

THIS is why fsu has the reputation it does. It is ingrained in your collective heads. Football first, it is where the identity of the University is centered. The reputation is well deserved. But you all will blame ESPN, etc.

It seems you are deadest on overtaking MJ. You do realize that bradleygator brought up football, right?

I have made it very clear how I feel about violence against women. That's why I said Johnson and Cook both should go. How do you feel when your players are accused?? What the heck do you want me to say?? Lethal injection??

And by the way, believe it or not, your schools reputation is not far from mine. Did you watch OTL?? They raked you over the coals too. Don't throw stones sitting in your three story glass house.

I have made it very clear how I feel about violence against women. That's why I said Johnson and Cook both should go. How do you feel when your players are accused?? What the heck do you want me to say?? Lethal injection??

You should say whatever you think is right. If your concern is over who the starting RB will be, by golly, that's what you should say. It's what noles do.

If, however, it were my school, I would be more concerned about the bigger issue associated with violence against women that is going on at my school. But that is just me.

I think that both Johnson and Cook should demand the Shameous Jameous treatment. Lie, cover-up, make excuses, and then let them both continue to play as long as they are good on the filed.... The usual criminole way, just ask Darnell Dockett.... o_O

ooh, ooh, do they still use 'Polish Rules' at FSwho.... :D:D:D

Not sure who Amber Thut is, but here is her comment on the YouTube video of the encounter:

Woman pushes man
Woman raises fist in threatening manner
Man restrains her arms
Woman punches man
Man punches woman.

Nothing to see here, folks.

Stupid entitled *#$! got what she deserved.

Charge them both or charge no one.
I hope you have a daughter. Then let's hear your response,

Who is "defending their guy"? We are discussing a much broader social issue. Frankly, I think the fact that many people in this thread are teaching their daughters the expectation of personal sovereignty while failing to instill that same expectation in their sons is sickening. With that said, I certainly do not have hope that the misandrists in this thread will grasp that concept.

Why a daughter and not a son? This type of thinking is just so bizarre to me.
I can say with near certainty that had my dad been shown this video and it were me instead of Johnson, he would have looked at me and said "What the f#*k is wrong with you??"

Who is "defending their guy"? We are discussing a much broader social issue. Frankly, I think the fact that many people in this thread are teaching their daughters the expectation of personal sovereignty while failing to instill that same expectation in their sons is sickening. With that said, I certainly do not have hope that the misandrists in this thread will grasp that concept.
Johnson could have maintained his "personal sovereignty" with a shove.....or an open palm strike jab (no, not a slap, a palm strike) to the girl's forehead or upper torso or shoulder. But no, he opted for a closed fist cross.....right in the nose. He opted for the hit that would cause the most damage. OK, maybe not the most damage.....grabbing her by the hair and pulling her head down right into a knee strike would probably cause even more damage, but I think you get the point.

I can say with near certainty that had my dad been shown this video and it were me instead of Johnson, he would have looked at me and said "What the f#*k is wrong with you??"

Again, I am not referring to the Johnson video. I am speaking big picture about the ramifications of this constant rush to damn men and protect women. "Never hit a woman" and "What if that were your daughter?" are harmful quotes. What "It's never ok to hit a woman" really means is "It's never ok to hit a woman, but it is ok to hit a man". Of course, people will go "No, no , no. That's not what we're saying", but of course it is. Because if it wasn't, they would just say, "Violence is unacceptable behavior" or "Don't hit people".

"I hope you have a daughter..." translates to "If my daughter was the victim of violence, I would be much more upset about it than if my son was the victim of violence". Hell, that little turd probably deserved it, right? And then we wonder why men make up 80+% of suicides. Empathy, anyone?

If I had a son and daughter, I would teach them both that they deserved to be treated with respect and decency. Short of defending themselves, they have no right to hit others and others have no right to hit them. I would never tell my son "Never hit a woman" because the not so subtle message of that is "Your well-being takes a backseat to the well-being of a woman". I would give them advice on how to de-escalate a situation and walk away. I would try my best to teach them the law and reasonable force should they ever have to resort to violence. Basically, I would love them both and treat them as equals. It would break my heart if either of them were a victim of violence. I would do my best to not raise my son to believe that being the victim of violence is something that he needs to "Take like a man". That is dysfunctional.

So, SK has no kids and is lecturing the rest of us on his proper way to raise them. LOL

Johnson could have maintained his "personal sovereignty" with a shove.....or an open palm strike jab (no, not a slap, a palm strike) to the girl's forehead or upper torso or shoulder.

My mom said the same thing. No one in this thread is argueing that he should NOT have hit her, nary a one. NO one is arguing he shouldn't have been dissmissed from the team. He SHOULD have been.

For some reason, people can't grasp the fact the discussion is simply women need to quit acting like they can behave like men without consequences. The secondary debate is at what point does a man not have to show restraint....we realize they are expected to show a LOT of restraint, but is there ever a point where they can retaliate or engage in self defense?

Is this video an example?

Finally, IMO, there's a big difference in walking around openly displaying unprovoked aggression and violence towards women and making a huge, regrettable mistake by retaliating against a woman. He even admitted (and never denied to FSU staff) that he screwed up. 23 seconds changed his life, it didn't make him a "POS"...he becomes a POS if this behavior continues.

Last edited:
"the discussion is simply women need to keep acting like they can behave like men without consequences. "

WRONG. The discussion is two fsu football players hit women on successive nights. Everything else is yours and the rest of the noles' straw men and red herrings.

"the discussion is simply women need to keep acting like they can behave like men without consequences. "

WRONG. The discussion is two fsu football players hit women on successive nights. Everything else is yours and the rest of the noles' straw men and red herrings.

You're a misandrist. We get it.

Actually, as I said before, it was your Gator brother who brought it up, and I chimed in, in agreement. Maybe another thread should have been started in the Lounge regarding the double standard that exists on many levels for men/women in this country, then this thread could have ended on page one with the resident Noles simply chiming in with.

"Good for FSU! Zero tolerance for hitting women." [the end]

Brought up by Oozie, the argued ad nauseam by the noles to deflect from the abuse against women, the cover up, etc.

Brought up by Oozie, the argued ad nauseam by the noles to deflect from the abuse against women, the cover up, etc.
Na, we just like to see how long we can keep you guys engaged off topic. It's in our charter.

Ask me about this in person away from here and it's much simpler. "Bye! Good luck with your next team."

"Never hit a woman" and "What if that were your daughter?" are harmful quotes. What "It's never ok to hit a woman" really means is "It's never ok to hit a woman, but it is ok to hit a man". Of course, people will go "No, no , no. That's not what we're saying", but of course it is. Because if it wasn't, they would just say, "Violence is unacceptable behavior" or "Don't hit people".

What? No.

You are conflating different situations badly.

It's "never ok to hit a woman" because it's almost never necessary. It's almost never self defense.

Conversely, it can absolutely be necessary to hit a man. When a man is punched by another man, it's probably high-time to punch him back unless you are dying for an ass kicking.

Do you disagree?

Maybe another thread should have been started in the Lounge regarding the double standard that exists on many levels for men/women in this country, then this thread could have ended on page one with the resident Noles simply chiming in with.

While on one level, at a very high level, I agree with this point. There are a lot of situations where a gender double standard does a great deal of harm to some party or another. However, on another level I do not agree with the point, at least not in this situation. There are not many people that will weep over a double standard in this particular situation. Who is being harmed? Who is aggrieved? Not FSU and not Johnson.

That was the reason I asked you Noles; why you are so insistently shrill that the woman be charged? At worst, she would be charged with a minor battery charge, but nothing more. Similarly, at worst Johnson could be charged with felony assault. As it is, he is charged with misdemeanor battery. He got off easy, imo. Maybe he got such a minimal charge because the SA saw that the woman was partially responsible for the encounter. But the SA knew it was problematic charging both people, knowing full well Johnson would probably be convicted and the woman probably would not. So he charged Johnson with a minimal crime. If this is true, who is harmed by the double standard?

If she were charged, Johnson would also still be charged. If she were charged, Johnson would still be off the team. If she were charged, FSU would still suffer the embarrassment of yet another example of an FSU athlete assaulting a woman. So why are Noles so shrill about "omg double standard, omg she is a whore, omg the media hates FSU!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT