ADVERTISEMENT

What was FSU ex QB DeAndre Johnson doing in a gay bar when he hit that woman

TRue. But I Think he made first physical contact.

Nope.

Watch again, real slowly. At the same time she turns her pissed-off head around and balls up her fist she is pushing him backwards with her left arm. She touches him first (from a altercations standpoint). The guy was simply trying to pull up to a crowded bar...heck, he isn't even looking at her while trying to do so, he's looking off to the left and using both arms to grab onto the underside of the bar and pull himself to it. She's simply having none of it.

Should he have hit her back? Of course, not. Should she be held to the exact same standard? Yup.

Isn't NOT being charged by Meggs the primary defense in support Winston\? Funny how that is now somehow different.

Questions for Igloo, danoleman and SKNole and other Nole Nole apologists. Given what you saw, or think you saw on the video, should he be on your team...ever?

Arms, shoulders, whatever. He made first physical contact.

Man, you'd make a real credible witness on the stand. You're too focused on her fist and him grabbing it. Look at her LEFT arm. She makes the first "unwanted touch." She's yelling at him, pushing him (left arm) and balling up a fist and threatening him, yet he still doesn't strike her. She knees him. No return. She punches him and then he returns fire.

So, she basically:

1 - yells at him 1st (2x)
2 - touches him 1st
3 - knees him 1st
4 - punches him 1st

Questions for Igloo, danoleman and SKNole and other Nole Nole apologists. Given what you saw, or think you saw on the video, should he be on your team...ever?

Nope. He screwed up. He does, however, deserve a 2nd chance somewhere else (based on what went down in the video).

The point me, oozie and the other RRT members is trying to make is the fact she's getting off scott free like some innocent, helpless victim when the reality is she's the initiating aggressor.

Reactions: goldmom
Nope. He screwed up. He does, however, deserve a 2nd chance somewhere else (based on what went down in the video).

The point me, oozie and the other RRT members is trying to make is the fact she's getting off scott free like some innocent, helpless victim when the reality is she's the initiating aggressor.

"She started it." That is your position? (even as wrong as it is)

Really?

"She started it." That is your position? (even as wrong as it is)

Really?

For equal accountability under the law? You bet your arse! If she were a man, this thread wouldn't exist. She hit him (pushed and kneed in the groin), he hit her. Explain to me why they aren't receiving equal punishment? Why is she still a student at FSU and he isn't?

You really support a double standard? I guess you were OK with Hope Solo playing in the cup too, eh?

Really?

As for the video itself, let's break it down objectively.

- About 5 seconds in, the woman appears and makes her way to the bar.
- At 7 seconds she turns her head backwards toward Johnson and says something to him. It appears he's pushing his way to the bar
4 seconds he places his right hand under the edge of the bar and appears to be pulling himself towards it. The woman again turns toward him and says something, like quit pushing me
- At 16 seconds she completely turns around and balls up her fist and tell him to quit shoving her
- At 18 seconds Johnson grabs her fist and pulls it down thus instigating everything by touching her
next she uses her knee to distance herself from him.
- At 21 seconds she pushes him away in the shoulder.
- At 23 seconds he decks her in the face and walks away.
- The entire event took place over a 23 second period at a bar.

Could he have walked away at 21 seconds? Certainly. Oozie's point is, does he have to just because she's a woman.

The answer is yes, he's a large athlete compared to the girl, had he at least been polite this wouldn't of happened, but no he has to push his way to the bar and push the girl even after she's turned around and told to stop. So the big man on campus punches her in the faces and walks away.

GO Canes!

For equal accountability under the law? You bet your arse! If she were a man, this thread wouldn't exist. She hit him (pushed and kneed in the groin), he hit her. Explain to me why they aren't receiving equal punishment? Why is she still a student at FSU and he isn't?

You really support a double standard? I guess you were OK with Hope Solo playing in the cup too, eh?

Really?

Remember your "glasses" comment above.

That's a pretty week troll, even for you, Marv.

She pushes her way to the bar and that's okay? He "pushes" his way to the bar and it's not okay? Actually, it looks like he's trying to get to the bar on her left and is being pushed from behind by the "bar mob."

So...

- she can push. He cannot.
- she can spout off at the mouth. He cannot.
- she can knee in the groin. He cannot defend himself.
- she can punch him in the face. He cannot defend himself.

Again, first and foremost, NEITHER of them should be engaging in physical violence. My issue is the double standard many of you are in full support of. Explain to the board, along with MJ, why she is still attending FSU and has not been charged with a misdemeanor?

Last edited:
That's a pretty week troll, even for you, Marv.

She pushes her way to the bar and that's okay? He "pushes" his way to the bar and it's not okay? Actually, it looks like he's trying to get to the bar on her left and is being pushed from behind by the "bar mob."

So...

- she can push. He cannot.
- she can spout off at the mouth. He cannot.
- she can knee in the groin. He cannot defend himself.
- she can punch him in the face. He cannot defend himself.

Again, first and foremost, NEITHER of them should be engaging in physical violence. My issue is the double standard many of you are in full support of. Explain to the board, along with MJ, why she is still attending FSU and has not been charged with a misdemeanor?

Please, she make her way to the bar and tells they guy on the right excuse me and the rude qb pushes himself right behind her and puts his hand under the bar to pull himself forward while the girl tell him to stop.

GO Canes!

So just so we're clear, the guys defending the girl don't think she should be treated the same under the law? Putting morality aside on how you feel about men hitting women, she shoved, kneed, and punched a guy. At a minimum she should be charged with assault too. How can anyone disagree with this? If you do, you're basically arguing that men and women should be treated differently under the law, which just makes no sense. Especially with all this transgender craziness going on these days. It'd be quite hilarious to see some guy who 'feels' like a woman unload on a chick and see how the narrative changes. Hey, he's a woman too right? Can't go charging him either.

I can read lips

Go Canes!

Oh Dear God
giphy.gif

And you guys don't get it, I'm not saying he should have punched her in the face, but I'm not gonna jump on the other side and act like he's human filth either. The point I'm trying to make is, at what point is a man allowed to defend himself from a woman? Does he need to be punched 5 times? 10 times? 20 times? Sure he could have walked away, but if that was a man NOBODY would have that expectation and everyone would be fine with him defending himself. But because it's a woman her actions get excused and it's all on him, that to me is bullshit. I don't really care where you stand on it morally, I'm saying under the law she should be treated the same, that's my only point. They both should have picked up battery charges.

On this I agree with you, based on what I saw in the video, the woman should be charged as well. And yes, there is a different standard when a woman is involved, "weaker sex" and all that, and Johnson and all other males should be aware of this. Having said all this, I hope it doesn't ruin the young man's football career, perhaps he can go to JC and eventually end up back in D1 (you know Auburn will take him).

So just so we're clear, the guys defending the girl don't think she should be treated the same under the law? Putting morality aside on how you feel about men hitting women, she shoved, kneed, and punched a guy. At a minimum she should be charged with assault too. How can anyone disagree with this? If you do, you're basically arguing that men and women should be treated differently under the law, which just makes no sense. Especially with all this transgender craziness going on these days. It'd be quite hilarious to see some guy who 'feels' like a woman unload on a chick and see how the narrative changes. Hey, he's a woman too right? Can't go charging him either.

I'm not defending the girl, yes, I think she should be charged as well, however, it doesn't take away from what he did. And, yes there is a different standard for a woman and I could make a case there should be.

Well then we agree on that part. I'm not making excuses for either side like some want to do, they both should have been charged.

I can't agree that there should be a different set of rules under the law though. I think that stems from the outdated view that women are little 100 lb. weaklings. The average American woman now weighs around 170 lbs. That weight was about what the average male weighed for decades. They can cause damage with their violence too.

Well then we agree on that part. I'm not making excuses for either side like some want to do, they both should have been charged.

I can't agree that there should be a different set of rules under the law though. I think that stems from the outdated view that women are little 100 lb. weaklings. The average American woman now weighs around 170 lbs. That weight was about what the average male weighed for decades. They can cause damage with their violence too.

Again, I have to agree with oozie. There should be ZERO differences under the law. The differences should be taught at home in regards to chivalry and "how to treat a lady."

If she were a man, would DJ be able to claim self defense?

No doubt in my mind he would have been able to, I've seen guys cleared on self defense charges for way less than that.

Sure he could have walked away, but if that was a man NOBODY would have that expectation and everyone would be fine with him defending himself.

If it had been a man, he would have had a reason to "defend himself" because there would have been an actual threat. I don't know why this is so hard for a small percentage of men to understand. I remember your posts from other incidents like Ray Rice and you clearly have some issue with women, but come on man. You can't seriously expect to compare a man defending himself against another man in an actual fight with a man punching some intoxicated young woman who presents no real threat to him. The entire idea that this was "justified" because we would support him "defending himself" against another man instead of "walking away" is beyond absurd.

Its sad to think you or anyone posting on this topic would actually try to file a complaint against a woman you just punched in the face in a bar, especially considering she has wounds from your punch and you were never really even hit.

This "but, but... BOTH SIDES!!!" nonsense has got to stop. It seems like a certain group of people trot it out in every social or political discussion these days. Men are not victims of women. To paraphrase JA Adonde, "Yeh, there is a double standard here. But there are many double standards with men and women in life, and this is the only one that's not in men's favor. Deal with it; don't hit women". To act like it so unfair to men that there is a double standard when it comes to violence against women is mind boggling at best.

Many of you, esp oozie and the resident noles, need to take a minute to read the Florida self defense statute. Then brush up on your understanding of "reasonable force."

He does NOT have a self defense case.

I can't believe this thread... Chock full of homer semenhole jackasses and misogynistic douchebag gator fans. Fuggin A Peter...this site has gone to shit.

Reactions: gatorrick66
I can't believe this thread... Chock full of homer semenhole jackasses and misogynistic douchebag gator fans. Fuggin A Peter...this site has gone to shit.

Misogyny is defined as dislike, hatred or prejudice toward women. How is anyone saying a woman that hits a man should be charged with battery just like the guy who retaliated and hit her back is misogynistic?? That is not misogyny, that is common sense which is something Willie Meggs doesnt have. Both should have gotten battery charges and yes he should be off the team. Her drunken behavior cannot be excused away just because she's a female.

Last edited:
If it had been a man, he would have had a reason to "defend himself" because there would have been an actual threat. I don't know why this is so hard for a small percentage of men to understand. I remember your posts from other incidents like Ray Rice and you clearly have some issue with women, but come on man. You can't seriously expect to compare a man defending himself against another man in an actual fight with a man punching some intoxicated young woman who presents no real threat to him. The entire idea that this was "justified" because we would support him "defending himself" against another man instead of "walking away" is beyond absurd.

Its sad to think you or anyone posting on this topic would actually try to file a complaint against a woman you just punched in the face in a bar, especially considering she has wounds from your punch and you were never really even hit.

This "but, but... BOTH SIDES!!!" nonsense has got to stop. It seems like a certain group of people trot it out in every social or political discussion these days. Men are not victims of women. To paraphrase JA Adonde, "Yeh, there is a double standard here. But there are many double standards with men and women in life, and this is the only one that's not in men's favor. Deal with it; don't hit women". To act like it so unfair to men that there is a double standard when it comes to violence against women is mind boggling at best.

Since when is a punch to anyone's face not a threat? I can't bother going any farther than that because that point alone diminishes your entire argument to me. Just go ahead and admit that you're cool with women and men being judged differently under the law. But then realize you're opening up a whole nother can of worms with that too. If the dude was 120 and she was 160, would he then be justified? That's how ridiculous y'all's argument is.

And you don't remember me saying anything defending rice either because the only comment I ever made on that concerned all the outrage from people about her going back to him AND the NFL's hypocritical actions, I never defended him.

Oh yea, it's misogynistic when you view women as equals and want to see them treated them equitably under the law. The guys on the other hand who view women as lesser than men and are basically arguing that because they're lesser they shouldn't be held accountable for their behavior...yea, those guys are champions of women's causes. LOL, some of you people should look up irony. Your belief in itself is sexist. Your entire belief systems stems from the belief that men are superior to women both physically and emotionally, since they aren't to be held accountable for their actions when they physically assault somebody.

But hey, she was drunk bro! Wonder how that defense would hold up if some drunk dude decided to swing on a chick. I'm sure you'd be in here with the 'he was drunk bro!' defense. Clearly you hold women in high esteem, after all, they're so much less than a man we can't possibly expect them to be accountable for their actions.

Misogyny is defined as dislike, Her drunken behavior cannot be excused away just because she's a female.
Men are not victims of women. To paraphrase JA Adonde, "Yeh, there is a double standard here. But there are many double standards with men and women in life, and this is the only one that's not in men's favor. Deal with it; don't hit women".

That might be the dumbest statement I have ever read in my entire life. Our culture is completely gynocentric. The problem is most people just view it as normal because that's what they know. Saying that female on male violence is the only thing that doesn't favor men is literally so disconnected from reality that it's insane.

-Men pay 97% of alimony.
-Male suicide rates are 4 times higher than women.
-Divorce and family courts are notoriously anti-male.
-92% of homeless veterans are men.
-Over 90% of workplace deaths are men.
-Men receive 63% longer prison sentences than women for the same crime.
-Men are a distinct minority on college campuses.
-Male life expectancy is roughly 5 years less than female life expectancy.
-Males are forced to register with Selective Service at the age of 18.
-Men have virtually no reproductive rights relative to women.

None of this has anything to do with Johnson. He deserved to be charged with misdemeanor battery. The whole idea that the western world is pro-male though is just beyond absurd. Men are pretty much treated like crap in modern culture.

Many of you, esp oozie and the resident noles, need to take a minute to read the Florida self defense statute. Then brush up on your understanding of "reasonable force."

He does NOT have a self defense case.

I never said he did. I asked if he did.

Oozie and us resident "semenhole jackasses" do NOT think DJ should have punched the woman at the bar. We simply want justice to be served equally; especially, since the woman in this instance started the altercation by striking several times first. They are BOTH wrong and should BOTH be held accountable. If he's been charged with a misdemeanor and expelled from school, then she should be too.

We are all still waiting for justification as to why this isn't the case.

You're wasting your time, some people read what they want to read. And apparently like to use words they don't understand, like misogyny.

So let me understand this, only resident Noles and ONE Gator fan believe that a double standard should NOT be applied to men and women under the law? Does that mean I'm now allowed to openly state, FSU fans are for equal treatment while Gator fans (- one) prefer preferential, unequal treatment under the law? That can't be what I'm reading in this thread?

p.s.
You left off "And Hope Solo didn't miss a game" from your list, Dan. LOL

Last edited:
His punch was unnecessary. It looks like there was something going on between the two before they got to the actual bar. He was clearly backing her down and it pissed her off. When she raised her fist, that was a warning for him to back off. When he grabbed her hand it became a physical conflict. He looked like the aggressor to me in every way. He comes off as a real dirtbag in that video. I'm not sure how old he is, but as a true freshman, I doubt he had any business trying to buy a drink anyways.

His punch was unnecessary. It looks like there was something going on between the two before they got to the actual bar. He was clearly backing her down and it pissed her off. When she raised her fist, that was a warning for him to back off. When he grabbed her hand it became a physical conflict. He looked like the aggressor to me in every way. He comes off as a real dirtbag in that video. I'm not sure how old he is, but as a true freshman, I doubt he had any business trying to buy a drink anyways.

Take the video away and the kid would still be on the team, fortunately a video is available to show how much of a punk he is, but don't worry the nolies will defend at all cost even if a video existed showing an actual rape they would some how blame the girl as always.

GO Canes!

I can only assume that it is a gay bar based on the shirtless bartender or is this just a Tallahassee thing?

I originally came to this thread to discuss the event that happened. I didn't really expect to run into a full on assault of bigotry against gay people...

I seriously thought we were making headway against bigotry...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT