ADVERTISEMENT

What was FSU ex QB DeAndre Johnson doing in a gay bar when he hit that woman

So let me understand this, only resident Noles and ONE Gator fan believe that a double standard should NOT be applied to men and women under the law?

If this is now the argument, should we not move it to the lounge? Because we are no longer talking about a FSU thing, but a larger society thing.

For the legal stuff, I think Meggs could have charged her with something, but he probably figured that she already got her "punishment" in a sense. Her boorish behavior still doesn't excuse him punching a woman in the face. He was never seriously in danger. Her "punch" was laughable. He punched her out of rage, not fear. I'm not excusing her actions, but you can't just clock a woman in the face like that and expect there to not be repercussions.

I'm sorry, but FSU would be insane to keep him around. I have no patience for yet another lap around the "FSU is harboring violent thugs" swimming pool this year.
Hard to argue with this.

If this is now the argument, should we not move it to the lounge? Because we are no longer talking about a FSU thing, but a larger society thing.

Now?

It's been the premise of the entire thread.

Gators (minus oozie): Big mean FSU player punches woman for no reason, gets charged and booted from the football team...there's video evidence that clearly shows him grabbing her first and punching her! She's a woman, therefore there is no way she could have done anything wrong. ...oh and why did it take 11 whole days to get rid of this threat to society?

Noles: The FSU player was allegedly verbally assaulted, pushed backwards, kneed in the nads, and punched in the face before striking the woman. We all agree he should have still found restraint and walked away, but sadly he didn't and is now paying the price by losing his position on the team and being charged with a misdemeanor. Noles agree with FSU's decision to have him removed from the team because punching a woman is unacceptable even under these circumstances. Lingering question is, why wasn't the other person, who actually started the altercation, given equal punishment?

Now the petition is up to 1,600 fake people or Nole imposters! LOL

Could be real, could be not. Have you ever heard of bots?? I used to use them all the time to do online voting. There are bots available right now for petition websites. Once executed, before I can finish typing a sentence I can have 500 signatures for whatever cause I want. I'm just saying. The Internet is wide open and full of trolls. Nothing really is what it seems.

For the legal stuff, I think Meggs could have charged her with something, but he probably figured that she already got her "punishment" in a sense. Her boorish behavior still doesn't excuse him punching a woman in the face.

It has nothing to do with Meggs thinking she was "punished" enough. He unquestionably punched her and injured her. She called the police and filed a complaint against him and there was video evidence that verified her complaint. He did not file a complaint against her. Sure, there are a limited number of circumstances where a DA would bring assault or battery charges without a complaining witness, but those are rare and almost always involve domestic violence or violence against a child.

Few men who just cold cocked a chick in a bar are going to file a criminal complaint against the victim because they know they were in the wrong. Without a complaining witness, no DA would bring assault or battery charges against a woman who was punched by a man simply because the surveillance video showed her being physical prior to getting punched. There are no legal grounds under which a DA would be justified in bringing charges against the female here. That's a fact and Meggs even sais that. IF she had actually hit him and left an injury, there would be. But that's not what happened and continuing to pretend he "could have" but didn't due to some "political correctness" atmosphere or because he "holds athletes to a higher standard" is ridiculous.

Buddy stop your foolishness. She did more than enough to warrant an assault and/or battery charge. In Florida, you can make a threat and be charged with assault. A threat can include anything from verbal or raising your fist in a threatening manner. I can shove you and be charged with battery. You are wrong saying there must be injuries. Meggs didn't do his job, plain and simple.

Why is it mostly Nole fans that want this woman charged, or punished in some way? If that happened, would it mean that Johnson might not have been kicked off the team? Would it mean he would not have been charged? Would it be less embarrassing for FSU?

Not sure I understand the motivation.

Like I wrote earlier, if I were on jury where Johnson was charged, I would vote to convict based solely on that video. And if the woman was charged with assault of some kind, I would not vote to convict her, again based on that video.

You can say she acted boorishly, but that is not a crime.

But he was not when he did not charge Winston, right? He was absolutely smart and accurate, right?

Can't have it both ways

Never said that. I'm from Tallahassee and I have never voted for Willie Meggs. Put it like this, from the moment Meggs interviewed Winstons accuser, he knew she was lying. He knew this. She refused to answer several questions, she had deleted messages from her phone and she refused to tell him who the other source of DNA was. He knew this girl wasn't credible. So what does he do?? He makes Winston sweat it out for weeks while he "makes a decision" on whether he would be charged. He's not a good man. You will never find a post where I said anything positive about Meggs.

Now the petition is up to 1,600 fake people or Nole imposters! LOL

Nole imposters or casual fans. After all, it's something that started in Jacksonville, and I'm thinking it's mainly lots of westsiders who couldn't find FSU on a map but are friends and family of DJ.
It won't make a bit of difference. He's gone. Unfortunate but necessary.

The girl has had her name spread around and also her sorority. I'm thinking there are some very embarrassed people out there who are ashamed of this "large" girl behaving that way. At the very least her parents. She's paying a price in the court of public opinion.

Why is it mostly Nole fans that want this woman charged, or punished in some way? If that happened, would it mean that Johnson might not have been kicked off the team? Would it mean he would not have been charged? Would it be less embarrassing for FSU?

I can't speak for my RRT constituents, but for me this is on the heals of the Hope Solo discussions in the LR. I'm tired of the double standard and this is simply another example.

You can say she acted boorishly, but that is not a crime.

Explain to me why her punching him is not a crime, but him punching her is? Remember, video shows her making contact with him THREE times before he punched her; once before he grabbed her.

But he was not when he did not charge Winston, right? He was absolutely smart and accurate, right?

Can't have it both ways

Find me a Nole who said Willie Meggs was "smart and accurate" and I'll show you some beach-front property I own in Arizona. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.

p.s.
I guarantee you Willie was desperately trying to find any and every way to charge him. That is why Nole fans were even more convinced of his innocence, If Meggs, known FSU football player hater can't charge you, then you must be innocent. [true or not, it's how Nole Nation feels about Willie]

Because its what FSU fans do. They live in a little fantasy world where they are the "good guys" and victims of "media jealousy" while everyone else - especially Miami and Florida - are the "bad guys". Any narrative differing from that fantasy can not be allowed to stand. Over the past two years, they have become the poster child for the toleration of violence against women and police cover-ups in college sports with Winston's multiple sexual misconduct allegations and Karlos Williams beating up his pregnant girlfriend. Now, we have an actual image of an FSU player committing another inexcusable crime against a woman. As with the other incidents, they will defend and deflect so that something other than "FSU athletes committing crimes against women" is the narrative. Here, they are in desperation mode because its all on film for the world to see and are making complete fools of themselves with this "political correctness" and "Meggs is a moron" nonsense.

The RRT was obviously well rested after a few weeks of inactivity and have unloaded their pent up energy here. I'm sure you guys could use a cigarette now.

DJ messed up and got booted off the team. I don't think the kid is bad - he just reacted poorly in this situation.
I hope the best for the young man. He has learned a valuable lesson.

Most Noles agree with the punishment.

However, I hope that girl gets punished in some way for her behavior. It isn't right for a woman to behave in that manner.

Reactions: goldmom
Could be real, could be not. Have you ever heard of bots?? I used to use them all the time to do online voting. There are bots available right now for petition websites. Once executed, before I can finish typing a sentence I can have 500 signatures for whatever cause I want. I'm just saying. The Internet is wide open and full of trolls. Nothing really is what it seems.
Now it is over 2,000 signatures. Man that is a lot of bots! LOL!

Now it is over 2,000 signatures. Man that is a lot of bots! LOL!

A votebot is a type of Internet bot that aims to vote automatically in online polls, often in a malicious manner. VoteBots attempts to act like a human, but conduct voting in an automated manner in order to impact the result of the poll. A variety of VoteBot programs, targeted different kinds of services from normal websites to web applications, are sold online by individuals and groups. Like Web crawlers, a votebot can be customized to perform tasks in various environment or target different websites. Simple votebots are easy to code and deploy, yet they are often effective against many polls online, as the developer of the poll software must take this kind of attack into account and do extra work to defend against it.

You can also buy "Likes" on Facebook...if you're in need of such things.

However, I hope that girl gets punished in some way for her behavior. .

She did. And it was a punishment she did not deserve.
th

Lol. A bot is a piece of software dude and it can create 2,000 signatures in 5 seconds or two days. Depending on how it's programmed.
This is pure comedy. Yep that is exactly what it is. No way is it Nole fans! I mean look at all the comments as well. Keep spinning and being a homer! It is what you do best.

The girl has had her name spread around and also her sorority. I'm thinking there are some very embarrassed people out there who are ashamed of this "large" girl behaving that way. At the very least her parents. She's paying a price in the court of public opinion.
Ahhh...the misogyny of goldmom. I wondered when you...and it.... would make an appearance.

This is pure comedy. Yep that is exactly what it is. No way is it Nole fans! Keep spinning and being a homer! It is what you do best.

Someone needs a refresher. :cool:

A Rapid Response Team (RRT) Crisis Negotiator, is a rivals poster, typically affiliated with the Florida State University (FSU), who has undergone special training. RRT Crisis Negotiators are trained to defuse potentially slanderous situations on rival message boards. They usually work as part of a team known simply as the RRT. Most RRT crisis negotiators are regular posters that have taken special training in misdirection, deflection, and blind justification techniques. "An RRT Crisis Negotiator is not a loner, but functions as part of a team with the goal of resolving the crisis in a manner where FSU always looks favorable, no matter what the reality of the situation is", says senior RRT member, danoleman.

An RRT Crisis Negotiator's main function is to bring about unconditional conformity to the ideals of the FSU fanbase. When there aren't any crises to respond to, negotiators usually revert to their regular thread participation abiding by the rules set forth by the host site. However, once a crisis that meets the RRT's defense threshold has been identified, the team will unite and strike en mass. "There are no limits to the tactics this team will use to defend its fanbase. Intellectual dishonesty, strawmen, red herrings are just a few of the unethical strategies this team will use", says RRT counter-terrorism team lead, JDGator. "They cannot go unchecked."

Find me a Nole who said Willie Meggs was "smart and accurate" and I'll show you some beach-front property I own in Arizona.

Most of the defense of Winston were of the variety, "He was not charged or even otherwise punished. That proves, PROVES he is exonerated and did nothing wrong!"

If "she" were a "he" would you feel the same?
you want to play the hypothetical game as opposed to dealing with the actual facts of this incident and I know why. Dealing with the actual facts is a loser for you.

To play along and candidly answer your hypothetical...

If "she" were a "he" then it's very likely that the swing "he" took would have created a self defense situation.... making Johnson's punch back REASONABLE and causing "he" to be arrested for Battery.

Whether you all like it or not, the physical abilities (and thereby gender) of the people involved are factors that go towards determining reasonableness. Take it up with the legislature if you don't like it.

Lol. A bot is a piece of software dude and it can create 2,000 signatures in 5 seconds or two days. Depending on how it's programmed.
HAHA, yes, I'm sure that's exactly what's going on here LOL. Look, I know what your saying is possible, but you're really reaching if you think that is the case here. A local new station's website had TONS of nole fans commenting and defending the guy.

HAHA, yes, I'm sure that's exactly what's going on here LOL. Look, I know what your saying is possible, but you're really reaching if you think that is the case here. A local new station's website had TONS of nole fans commenting and defending the guy.

I'm a Nole fan, I work with fellow Nole fans, I Facebook with Nole fans, talk on the phone, text and exchange emails with fellow Nole fans. I haven't talked to one who defended DJ's actions. I'm not saying none are out there, I'm sure there are. In all my posts on Facebook and exchanging emails with Nole buddies, we all agree that punch meant the end of his career as it should have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT