ADVERTISEMENT

Will there ever be a time when the "Big 3" Florida schools will all be highly ranked again

hell-frozen.jpg

Yes there will be.

We are building up from a mess left behind. Our offensive roster was a mess. It won't come at the pace Spur and Urban had. Those are two living legends.

Mark Richt will build Miami into a consistent winner. He is replacing an inept coach who replaced an average head coach.

Jimbo will find his niche at QB (probably groom the young Francois) and be right back up there in the national title contention.

I don't think its as much the parity as it is the difficulty in all three having a champioship coach at the same time. We all know Richt is capable of building the best 9-3 or 10-2 teams around. I don't tuink Jimbo is a great coach but he is a great recruiter and he will do well in years where he has the right QB. I don't believe we have a championship caliber coach, so I think we are going to be the last to the party. I think next year is going to be a nightmare and a trainwreck for us. But it will all align at some time again.

No longer a recruiting wall around the state. Check out the rosters of teams like Clemson and Louisville and look at the numbers of Florida kids. Hell, even places like Michigan, OSU, and schools out west are landing Florida recruits.

No longer a recruiting wall around the state. Check out the rosters of teams like Clemson and Louisville and look at the numbers of Florida kids. Hell, even places like Michigan, OSU, and schools out west are landing Florida recruits.
True, kids are not staying in the state and more than ever going to Bama, Clemson, OSU....even some of the top talent is leaving the state which did not happen a few years back.

I don't think you will see all three in the Top 10 like in the past. Too much poaching going on now in the state. Also, can Richt get um over the hump and can Mc recruit better?

True, kids are not staying in the state and more than ever going to Bama, Clemson, OSU....even some of the top talent is leaving the state which did not happen a few years back.

I don't think you will see all three in the Top 10 like in the past. Too much poaching going on now in the state. Also, can Richt get um over the hump and can Mc recruit better?

There's been poaching because all three schools have been way down at different points in time. When Miami, FSU, and Miami were on top in the early 00's the stars stayed in state, the only guys that left were the ones who were backup plans. The issue is though because the state is so deep with talent those backup plans can still be legit players. I'm talking about dudes like Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson that weren't that highly recruited by the Big 3 but ended up being elite.

You look at when Urban was here, he rarely lost a kid in state he wanted. It was like that for Bowden and Jimbo has had a few classes like that too. If the schools win it'll go right back to being that way.

There's been poaching because all three schools have been way down at different points in time. When Miami, FSU, and Miami were on top in the early 00's the stars stayed in state, the only guys that left were the ones who were backup plans. The issue is though because the state is so deep with talent those backup plans can still be legit players. I'm talking about dudes like Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson that weren't that highly recruited by the Big 3 but ended up being elite.

You look at when Urban was here, he rarely lost a kid in state he wanted. It was like that for Bowden and Jimbo has had a few classes like that too. If the schools win it'll go right back to being that way.
I am not so certain about that. With widespread TV coverage and social media, the in-state kids get exposed to so many different teams each weekend. Plus, every coach knows that kids from Florida can help you win making the state a priority.

I'm very suspicious of the argument, that's been floating around here since Muschamp, that being in Florida is actually kind of a handicap, because everybody comes here to recruit. I'm sure it's harder to keep kids home, but there are always going to be a decent percentage of kids that want to stay close to home or grew up fans of the local schools or have parents who are almuni or whatever. Plus, the in-state schools' staffs should be more wired in with the local high school coaches, if they are doing their jobs. A good recruiter should still kill it at UF, UM and FSU, as Jimbo has shown.

I'm very suspicious of the argument, that's been floating around here since Muschamp, that being in Florida is actually kind of a handicap, because everybody comes here to recruit. I'm sure it's harder to keep kids home, but there are always going to be a decent percentage of kids that want to stay close to home or grew up fans of the local schools or have parents who are almuni or whatever. Plus, the in-state schools' staffs should be more wired in with the local high school coaches, if they are doing their jobs. A good recruiter should still kill it at UF, UM and FSU, as Jimbo has shown.

That is a terrible argument. We do NOT have a top 25 in-state kid committed. That is because of the lack of excitement around our program and the overall lack of recruiting prowess of our staff. Urban, Harbaugh, Dabo, Saban would struggle more to get kids out of Florida if we had more excitement. We run a blah offense, no one knows our coach and we have not played well in big time games.

Lucky for me I guess, but I'm just fine with the FSUcks criminoles and the scUM thugs of Mi-Am-I sucking, just as long as my Gator's are not... :p

Our recruiting class is pretty good right now. It's 10th in the country in average star rating and the class is rated higher than Michigan's class at the moment.

That is a terrible argument. We do NOT have a top 25 in-state kid committed. That is because of the lack of excitement around our program and the overall lack of recruiting prowess of our staff. Urban, Harbaugh, Dabo, Saban would struggle more to get kids out of Florida if we had more excitement. We run a blah offense, no one knows our coach and we have not played well in big time games.
(that's a lot of we's for someone in an armchair, you got a rat in your pocket?)

Our recruiting class is pretty good right now. It's 10th in the country in average star rating and the class is rated higher than Michigan's class at the moment.

Highest ranked team played was #3 Ole Miss, result was UF 38 - 10 Miss, so I can see right away how smart you are and how relevant you usual Gator bashing comments are.... :cool: (here come the usual butts in 5...4...3...) o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT