ADVERTISEMENT

will ole miss make a run at Mike White?

He would definitely be in line for playing time, with a possible chance to start. We had two of our bigs decide to forgo the draft and return to the team, so that creates more of a logjam for PT.

UK also got an xfer PF already, so Blackshear would be the 2nd. (unlikely imo)
UK Power Forwards: EJ Montgomery/Nate Sestina/Keion Brooks
Graduate transfer Nate Sestina, a PF, made 32 starts at Bucknell.

The 6-foot-9, 245-pound power forward from Emporium, Pa., averaged 15.8 points and 8.5 rebounds per game for the Bison this past season. He also made 41 of 108 three-point attempts (38.0 percent) and shot 81.8 percent from the foul line.

I (iG) just can't see Blackshear going to UK over UF, but we'll see... :cool:

Kerry wants a top academic school to continue his Masters Program.
UF = Top 10 Academics.

He wants a team that can go far in the Dance.
Mike White has taken 3 consecutive teams to the Dance, no 1 & done's.

Mike White's done that while having to play without a solid/deep front court.
Mike's roster for 2019-20 has 1 opening, so he wouldn't be kicking anyone off of the Gator team like would happen elsewhere.

He would be 2 hours from home, so he could go home for supper if he wanted to, and his parents/friends could easily drive up to every home game.

While those are all solid points for him coming to Gainesville, it's certainly not a guarantee, hence keeping my fingers crossed. ;)

Last edited:
Good News for Mike White,,, and all of the Gator B-Ball fans...
I will be in the gym everyday!
Gak 5/16/18 --- "He definitely tried, I'll give him that," Nichols said.

The 6-foot-11, 254-pound Gak (now 6-11 235), accompanied by a manager, did daily form-shooting while seated in a chair in an empty gym, and was a fixture on the sidelines during practices (when not in the weight or training rooms). Ultimately, though, he played in zero games during a third collegiate season. The last time Gak got between the lines when it counted was UF's loss to Texas Tech in the 2018 NCAA Tournament, when he played five minutes, grabbed three rebounds and did not score. That was nearly 15 months ago.

I feel like I learned a lot about basketball last season. I actually got a greater appreciation of what makes a team and how older guys have to hold younger guys accountable," Gak said. "No, I wouldn't say [the season] was a waste, not at all. There are things I can apply to this year."

https://floridagators.com/news/2019/6/14/mens-basketball-gak-is-back.aspx

Last edited:
2019 Basketball Recruiting Class - Final 247 Rankings:

#7 UF
- 7 -- 2 - 1 - 3 - 1 -- (includes 1 P-WO and 1 ineligible xfer)

#1 SF Socttie Lewis 6-5 185 ***** - 7/50 - Eatontown, N.J. - MickyD-AA
(Projected as the next Kobe?) :eek:

#2 PG Tre Mann 6-3 170 ***** - 12/50 - Villages, FL - MickyD-AA
(Rated Best Shooter in Nation) :eek:

#10 C/PF Omar Payne 6-9 215 **** - 46/50 - Montverde, FL
Former Gator Chandler Parson's Team. o_O

#43 C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 270 *** - 236/247 - TN State Champ Team
Crystal Ball - 50% UCF - UL 25% - UF 25% (TN offered) :p
247 Scouting Director J.Meyer, Projection - Power-5 Starter

#54 PG Ques Glover 5-11 175 Fr *** Tn State Champ MVP
21 Pts/Gm - FG 56%, 3's 44%, FT's 85%
- 3.6 Ast, 2.8 Rbs, 1.4 Stls

SG Alex Klatsky 6-3 170 ** - P-WO - 43% 3's, Lewis team-mate.
-----
#96 SF Anthony Duruji 6-7 198 *** - LaTech --> UF xfer
C-USA All Fr Team. - Practice player, eligible in 2020-21

=====
PF Kerry Blackshear 6-10 250 rsJr - VaTech Grad-xfer ---> UF still possible.

This could turn out to be the Best Class in UF B-Ball History.... :cool:

Andy Katz names the SEC's 5 most important players in 2019-20
  • 1. Ashton Hagans, Kentucky
  • 2. Andrew Nembhard, Florida
  • 3. Anthony Edwards, Georgia
  • 4. Skylar Mays, LSU
  • 5. Austin Wiley, Auburn

• Katz anticipates the Hagans vs. Andrew Nembhard guard matchup during Kentucky's battles with Florida as one of the must-watch 1-on-1 showdowns next season. Nembhard, a "big-time shot maker" Katz writes, decided to skip an opportunity in the NBA Draft to help the Gators try and improve on this season's success. "The Gators have the talent at each spot to make a run for the SEC title, but no role is more valuable than the point," Katz writes.
  • Former ESPN college basketball insider Andy Katz, now works as an NCAA.com correspondent.
In January, 6 SEC teams were ranked inside the AP Top 25, which tied for the most ever at one time. And the SEC is coming off a banner year nationally for a league that played its best basketball in March. Seven (7) teams played in the NCAA Tournament, one shy of a record set last season with 4 teams advancing to the Sweet 16 — matching an all-time mark set twice previously.

Good News for Mike White,,, and all of the Gator B-Ball fans...
I will be in the gym everyday!
Gak 5/16/18 --- "He definitely tried, I'll give him that," Nichols said.

The 6-foot-11, 254-pound Gak (now 6-11 235), accompanied by a manager, did daily form-shooting while seated in a chair in an empty gym, and was a fixture on the sidelines during practices (when not in the weight or training rooms). Ultimately, though, he played in zero games during a third collegiate season. The last time Gak got between the lines when it counted was UF's loss to Texas Tech in the 2018 NCAA Tournament, when he played five minutes, grabbed three rebounds and did not score. That was nearly 15 months ago.

I feel like I learned a lot about basketball last season. I actually got a greater appreciation of what makes a team and how older guys have to hold younger guys accountable," Gak said. "No, I wouldn't say [the season] was a waste, not at all. There are things I can apply to this year."

https://floridagators.com/news/2019/6/14/mens-basketball-gak-is-back.aspx
Great to hear about Gak. What I'd like to see out of Gak this season is to make sure his rebounds aren't stolen from him every time he gets his hands on the ball. I've seen a few too many times when he'd grab a rebound only to have it taken from his hands.

I agree GD3, but the clumsy 'big-kid' from back then is much changed and improved now. He will be a force in the middle in the coming year I'm betting.

What I'm hoping is that PF Stokes 6-8 255 Soph is also training as hard as Gak has. He has plenty of skills, IF he can just work off some of that baby-fat chub that he's been carrying around. o_O

This is also something that the new incoming Fr center needs,,, time in the training room. He had ballooned up to 290 while injured in HS. It's rumored that he's down to 270, but he needs to get down at least in the 250 range to be effective at the pace of the college game.
#48 C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 270 Fr *** - (255/300) - TN HS State Champ Team

And as PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 237 Jr continue to develop, the Gator's front court is going to be much better in the coming season.

I'm still hoping that PF Kerry Blackshear 6-10 250 rsJr comes to UF. That would put the 'sweet icing' on the front court cake for the Gators! ;)
He would give the younger guys a great example and more time to develop I'm thinking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the read ocala.

Kensucky has already added a xfer PF to this class/roster.
~ Blackshear did not commit to the Cats during the visit like they had hoped would occur, but a decision is coming soon.

The rubber-dollies don't have an open ship, they'd have to chit someone already on ship/roster. (Typical of that Phat-Phil program if they did) o_O
Relayed in an interview with the Herald-Leader, Rivals analyst Corey Evans :confused:

Yeah, I'd trust Evans' opinions about as far as I could pick him up and throw him.... :rolleyes:

Gator's have an open ship and an obvious need at PF/C for quality experience.
Academics are Top 10 and Orlando is his home, so we'll see.
While I don't KNOW where he's going either, I'm not giving up hope for him being a Gator.

Thanks for the read ocala.

Kensucky has already added a xfer PF to this class/roster.
~ Blackshear did not commit to the Cats during the visit like they had hoped would occur, but a decision is coming soon.

The rubber-dollies don't have an open ship, they'd have to chit someone already on ship/roster. (Typical of that Phat-Phil program if they did) o_O
Relayed in an interview with the Herald-Leader, Rivals analyst Corey Evans :confused:

Yeah, I'd trust Evans' opinions about as far as I could pick him up and throw him.... :rolleyes:

Gator's have an open ship and an obvious need at PF/C for quality experience.
Academics are Top 10 and Orlando is his home, so we'll see.
While I don't KNOW where he's going either, I'm not giving up hope for him being a Gator.
This is from a Tennessee site:
https://www.rockytoptalk.com/2019/6...on-timetable-tennessee-vols-kentucky-wildcats

He would definitely be in line for playing time, with a possible chance to start. We had two of our bigs decide to forgo the draft and return to the team, so that creates more of a logjam for PT.

Until a few years ago, we would lose virtually the entire freshmen class every year to the NBA. Now it seems like it’s about 50/50 to leave / stay after their freshman season.

Memphis with Penny Hardaway seems to be a new trendy place for top recruits to go to. Truthfully I really don’t follow BB recruiting all that much.

Like I said earlier, I would be happy for Blackshear to play at UK, but I’m not honing to freak out if he goes to the Gators. Just don’t try to flip our FB recruits....:cool:;)
Well damn! I was only kidding when I mentioned stealing your football recruits. Sucks for UK, but I like the Goods fella.
Ok, back to this being a basketball thread.

Crosses finger & toes, hoping to add Blackshear. :cool:

Don't feel to bad though, Dan just scarfed #11 OLB Derek Wingo from PSU. :D

I was gonna offer you guys Blackshear to get Goods back with UK, but I may not even have Blackshear to offer you anyway....
I have my fingers crossed but I'm not feeling good about Blackshear. I have a sick feeling he's going to Memphis.

If he does go Memphis gd3, it's not the end of the world for the Gators.

It just makes the 5 roster big guys development more important-critical for 2019-20.

21 - PF/C Dontay Bassett 6-9 237 rsJr **** (18 offers, Oldsmar, FL, Oakland, Cal)

15 - PF/C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 255 So **** (144/250) Bradenton, FL IMG, Memphis, Tn)

#9 PF/C Omar Payne 6-10 225 Fr **** - Montverde, FL - (38/50)

-----
12 - C Gorjok Gak 6-11 254 rsJr *** (Bradenton,FL / Sydney, Australia)
~ Originally committed to OkSt before coaches abrupt departure, then flipped to UF.
~ Gak plays for Australia's National Team.

#48 C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 270 Fr *** - (255/300)

The smoke on the UK board still has him going to UT, with a few folks holding out hope for the home school.

Definitely not saying you’re wrong, but I don’t think I’ve seen a possibility of KB picking Memphis.

If, IF Blackshear is the kind of guy that would go to TN, forcing a roster ship player off the team for his spot, then I wouldn't want him at UF anyway. He just didn't impress me as that kind of guy though.

However, if not UF, then I'd rather see him at aTm, Ark, Memphis or back at VaTech, than see him fattening up the roster at UK. :cool:

I see you’ve been on the UK board today.... some pretty funny trolling going on over there.

I posted like I was on their board (fairly docile), got called a GAYtor and a jerk,,, so they banned me until Sept.... :eek:

My response to those total one-way pussies over there is this,,,, :D:p:D:p:D:p:D
After all, it's not like I was going to spend any real time over there, I was one-issue posting.

They couldn't stand even a tiny bit of rival heat, so they threw me outta the kensucky kitchen. :cool:

Last edited:
What happened the last time Mike White had healthy depth at the front court to work with? o_O

C Schuyler Rimmer Sr 6-10 249 - Stanford-xfer
C John Egbunu Jr Jr 6-11 255 - USF-xfer
C Gorjok Gak Fr 6-11 231 - OkSt flip

PF Kevarrius Hayes Soph 6-9 218
PF Dontay Bassett Fr 6-9 222

SF Justin Leon Sr 6-8 206 JuCo-LaT flip
SF Devin Robinson Jr 6-8 200
SF Keith Stone Fr 6-8 240

To go with a solid back court...

CG Canyon Barry Sr 6-6 215 - College of Charleston Grad-xfer
CG Jalen Hudson Jr 6-6 190 - VaT xfer

SG KeVaughn Allen Soph 6-2 185
SG Eric Hester Fr 6-3 167

PG Kasey Hill Sr 6-1 175
PG Chris Chiozza Jr 6-0 175

Mike and his 2nd year Gator Team went 27-9, 14-4 SEC, and to the Elite-8.

==============

For the 2019-20 Season, what's Mike got to work with?

C/PF Kerry Blackshear rsSr 6-11 240 VaT grad-xfer
C Gorjok Gak rsJr 6-11 235
C Jason Jitoboh Fr 6-11 270 - TN State Champ Team

PF Dontay Bassett Jr 6-9 237
PF Isaiah Stokes Soph 6-8 255
PF/C Omar Payne Fr 6-10 220 - Former Gator Parson's Team

SF Keyontae Johnson Soph 6-5 227 (41.5 Vert.) - Gained maturity.
SF Scottie Lewis Fr 6-5 184 (40+ Vert. ??) (6-10.5 wing-span, elite spd, needs maturity)
https://www.dimedrop.net/playerdeepdives/2018/4/30/scottie-lewis-deep-dive

~ SF Anthony Duruji Jr 6-7 215 (46.5 Vert.) - (LaTech xfer, ineligible, brings maturity)

SG Noah Locke Soph 6-3 205
SG Alex Klatsky Fr 6-3 170 (W-O, 43% 3's)

CG Tre Mann Fr 6-4 170 - Top 3 Best Shooters in HS B-Ball

PG Andrew Nembhard Soph 6-5 195 - Canadian U-19 Silver Medal Team
PG Ques Glover Fr 5-11175 - TN 3A State Champ MVP
==========

2016-17 - 14 eligible
C-PF-SF = 8
PG-SG-CG = 6 - more experience

2019-20 - 14, 13 eligible (including W-O SG)
C-PF-SF = 8 (9 - xfer ineligible)
PG-CG-SG = 5 - more talent
==========

In the past decade alone, Florida reached 5 Elite 8s (1 by White in 2016-17). Among SEC programs, only Arkansas, LSU and Kentucky have reached that many (in UK’s case, many more) in their entire program histories. In other words, when you talk about basketball culture in the SEC, Florida might have been late to the party, but from a results standpoint, the Gators play second-fiddle only to Kentucky. :cool:

Florida has won plenty under White, collecting 20+ wins in each of his first 4 seasons and reaching an Elite 8. This past season, Florida became 1 of only 10 programs nationally, (out of 350) and 1 of only 2 SEC programs (Kentucky) to win an NCAA Tournament game for the 3rd consecutive season. During White’s tenure, Kentucky is the only SEC program with more NCAA Tournament victories. o_O

Donovan built Florida’s winning culture with tenacious defense, a standard White has maintained at Florida, finishing among the nation’s Top 25 defenses every season and among the nation’s top 15 3 times. :eek:

Football-Basketball-Baseball-Softball-Volleyball-Soccer-Lacrosse-T&F, and on and on and on.... Lovin' my year-round Gator Sports.... :D

Last edited:
Some solid Fodder fits from Harry.... ;) -- :D

How C/PF Kerry Blackshear Jr 6-11 240 Grad-Sr fits in. (All ACC)
He chose UF over aTm-UK-Ark-TN or staying with VaT.
https://floridagators.com/news/2019...arry-fodder-how-kerry-blackshear-fits-in.aspx

How C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 270 Fr fits in.
He chose UF over TN-UCF
https://floridagators.com/news/2019...ason-jitobah-fits-in.aspx?path=basketball-men

How PG Ques Glover 5-11 175 Fr fits in. (can play either end of the alley-oop)
He couldn't wait to GTF outta no-Knox...

https://floridagators.com/news/2019...-ques-glover-fits-in.aspx?path=basketball-men

How SF Anthony Duruji 6-7 215 Jr fits in,,, eventually. (All C-USA)
https://floridagators.com/news/2019...-harry-fodder-how-anthony-duruji-fits-in.aspx

Last edited:
Looks like Stokes has entered the portal

If so
, then I guess that it means that he's not willing to work hard enough to be a champion. o_O

And if that's the case, then it's just as well that he goes elsewhere, cause lazy ain't gonna get it around here no more. Nothing personal, nor any personal diss on him or anyone else, just the way it's got to be to meet the 'Gator Standard.' --- Not everyone can qualify.... :cool:

I don't know the kid, but he came across to me as lazy and not willing to put in the effort to be great. Not a team guy at all. This coming season could have been his breakout season and he chose to bail instead of putting in the work to be part of what is going to be a really good team. Good riddance, IMO.

Reactions: gatordad3
PF Isaiah Stokes is likely transferring (in the xfer portal) from the Gators after struggling with injuries and inconsistency the past two years, according to a source. The 6-foot-8 Stokes arrived in Gainesville recovering from a HS knee surgery and never was able to shed enough weight or get into peak physical condition. Listed currently at 270, Stokes weighed around 300 pounds at one point and redshirted as a freshman. :oops:

This past season, Stokes was expected to be a key contributor to the Gators’ struggling inside game but ended the season averaging just 2.7 points and one rebound. The brother of former Tennessee star Jarnell Stokes clearly possessed offensive skills, but he too often was a liability on defense and quickly got into foul trouble. o_O

Doesn't want to compete, or he won't work hard enough to 'earn' his playing time, it's more of a 'me now' thing if 1 year eligibility Blackshear was why he's bailing out. And IF that's the case, then Stokes can't meet the 'Gator Standard' and really does need to move on to a place where he can be 'the big fish in a smaller pond...'

Some will likely attempt to make a big deal out of Stokes likely departure, but as I look at the roster, it's really NBD. :rolleyes:

24 - #31 PF/C Kerry Blackshear Jr 6-10 250 rsJr **** 121/.247 - Orlando, FL
Here is a very good read on the C/PF Kerry Blackshear Jr's xfer-recruiting story...
https://floridagators.com/news/2019/7/3/mens-basketball-timeline-how-uf-got-kj.aspx

21 - PF/C Dontay Bassett 6-9 237 rsJr **** (18 offers, Oldsmar, FL, Oakland, Cal)
Solid worker and continues to develop his game. Always liked him.

15 - PF/C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 270 So **** (144/250) Bradenton, FL IMG, Memphis, Tn) -- TRANSFER PORTAL

#9 PF/C Omar Payne 6-10 225 Fr **** - Montverde, FL - (38/50)
-----
12 - C Gorjok Gak 6-11 235 rsJr *** (Bradenton,FL / Sydney, Australia)
~ Originally committed to OkSt before coaches abrupt departure, then flipped to UF.
~ Plays for Australia's National Team. -- Working hard and down to 235 LB's of muscle.

Tn State Championship team. Working with the S&C team will get him in shape.

======

Now, what to do with the open Stokes ship?

Cleveland St xfer PG Tyree Appleby.
Does Florida Have A Good Shot At Landing Him? --
I definitely think so. The connection of Mike White coaching Tyree’s brother Raheem at Louisiana Tech can’t hurt and with Florida likely losing Andrew Nembhard to the draft next season there will be point guard minutes available in 2020-21 when redshirt Appleby becomes eligible to get on the court. I think there is some really good mutual interest here and I wouldn’t be surprised if a Florida visit happens soon.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/florid...ansfer-tyree-appleby-could-do-for-the-gators/

In another article on Appleby:
An extremely interesting player hit the transfer portal Monday with Cleveland State’s Tyree Appleby entering the portal. A 6’1” guard from Jacksonville, Arkansas, Appleby was one of the most productive mid-major talents in the country last season pouring in 17.2 points, 5.6 assists, and 3.7 rebounds per game. Dominating the Horizon League with his ability to get to his spots and either finish or dish to an open teammate he made quite a name for himself and found many willing power five suitors who contacted him the moment he entered the portal.

iG -- If both Nembhard and Lewis chose to move on to the NBA after next season, having both SF A.Duruji and PG T.Appleby to come off their redshirt seasons ready to help fill the gaps would be good.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gators-basketball/florida-in-talks-with-transfer-tyree-appleby/

Last edited:
Applebe will be at UF this coming Sat and Sun. to talk to Mike White.
(iG crosses fingers) ;)

Last edited:
Why would any player (Appleby) want to come to UF for B-Ball?
Lewis stated it was because of the relationship that he'd developed with the coaches.
Maybe Mike is doing things the right way after all... :cool:

Mike White took over a BillyD loser 16-17 team. He took that loser team and won 20+ games and went to the NIT Quarter-finals. He did that with the players left to him from a losing season, and with zero NIT home games that he was entitled to, because of the O'Dome's renovations. That's a solid 1st year for any coach in UF history. o_O

In just his 2nd season at UF, Mike took the team to the Elite-8, was named the SEC CoY, and his Grad-xfer Canyon Barry, was the SEC's 6th Man of the Year.

His 3rd-4th year progress has been stalled somewhat (still 20+ wins & NCAA Rnd-32) by the loss or injury of his post players, exacerbated last year by 2 upperclassmen that mostly went in the toilet (except for Hayes) for whatever reasons... JH and KA were inconsistent at their best. The 2nd half of the season had to be carried by 3 true freshmen that stepped up to the job under White's coaching.

BillyD once said that he tried to bring in a Grad-xfer every year, to bolster depth, experience, and leadership. (it can also balance out the usual-normal outgoing xfers) So far, Mike White has continued that tradition.
2015-16 - C Jon Horford - backup at Mich, 11 starts in 3 years.
=====
'Exceptional' Grad-xfer recruiting by Mike!
2016-17 - CG Canyon Barry - SEC 6th MoY
2017-18 - CG Egor Koulechov - #2 scorer & #1 rebounder
2019-20 - PF/C Kerry Blackshear Jr - All ACC at VaTech
=====

BillyD and Mike have also combined to bring in many other 'sit-out' younger xfers.
People go on about those that left, but often seem to forget about all of the one's that have transferred in.

Anyway, I along with many others, are certainly looking forward to seeing what Mike and his staff can do with the fine roster that they have assembled for the coming season. :)
GooooooooooGATORS!

List of SEC schools that have made it to a total of 5 or more Elite-8's:
UK
Ark
LSU
UF - BillyD-4/19, White-1/4

BillyD - 6 SEC-C's - 4 Final-4's, 2 NC's, in 19 seasons. (future HoF imo)
During his time, it was pretty much just UK & UF with somebody else occasionally.
But the league has changed and gotten much stronger since 2015.

Donovan built Florida’s winning culture with tenacious defense, a standard White has maintained at Florida, finishing among the nation’s Top 25 defenses every season and among the nation’s top 15 3 times. :eek:

Mike Whites 1st 4 Seasons, all 20+ wins.
NIT Quarter-Finalist
-----
NCAA Elite-8 - With C Egbunu - SEC CoY
-----
NCAA Rnd-32 - Lost C Egbunu during season to ACL
C Gak played some at less than 100%, ACL surgery at season's end.
-----
NCAA Rnd-32 - Lost C Gak to ACL rehab for the entire season.
Lost PF C.Johnson xfer in Dec. Lost PF Stone ACL in Jan.
Solid, factual reasons are not excuses.... o_O
The team still made the Rnd of 32 with a Top 25 finish. :eek:
-----
This past season, UF/White became 1 of only 10 programs nationally, and 1 of only 2 SEC programs (UK) to win an NCAA Tournament game for the 3rd consecutive season. During that time, UK is the only SEC team with more Tourney wins than UF/White. (RSR - Regular Season Rick is still riding in the back seat) :p

April 2019 - Sagarin-USAToday Poll

7. UK
9. TN
11. AU
19. LSU
22. MsSt
24. UF
=====
(28. Choke-la-homo) :oops:
=====
48. Ark
49. Miss
=====

6 SEC in the Top 25, with 2 more in the Top 50. :cool:

Lastly, Mike has resoundingly answered the 'but can he recruit' question with his last 2 classes and his outstanding Grad-xfers along with his latest SF 'sit-out' xfer, and maybe adding PG Appleby to it.

The coming season will see Mike back to his preferred style of offense, to go along with his always smothering defense. :)

Last edited:
Mike White's 2019-20 Roster is full and complete now.

Where do you pay your attention?
Where do you focus? o_O
That's what will determine your outlook on the coming season.

Out the door: (7+1)

PF/C Kevarrius Hayes 6-9 227 Sr - Live Oak, FL - Grad
CG Jalen Hudosn 6-6 195 Sr - Richmond, Va - Grad
SG KeVaughn Allen 6-2 193 Sr - Little Rock, Ark - Grad
~ W-O SG Mak Krause 6-2 172 Sr - Atlanta, Ga - Grad
-----
SF/PF Keith Stone 6-8 253 Jr - Deerfield Bch, FL - xfer portal
CG Deaundrae Ballard 6-5 197 So - Atlanta, Ga - xfer portal
PG Mike Okauru 6-3 184 So - Raleigh, N.C. - xfer portal
PF Isaiah Stokes 6-8 270 rsFr - Memphis, Tn - xfer portal

Coming on board in 2019-20: (5+1+2)

Early Enrollees:
#1 SF Scottie Lewis 6-5 180 Fr - Eatontown, N.J. (little Kobe Bryant)
#2 CG Tre Mann 6-4 170 Fr - The Villages, FL (little Seth Curry)
#10 C/PF Omar Payne 6-10 222 Fr - Montverde, FL (a true 38/50 Big)
---
#43 C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 300 Fr - Chattanooga, Tn
~ 10.1 Pts, 5.6 Rbs, B-2-B NACA Champs and Def. PoY and 1st Team All Conf.
#56 PG Ques Glover 5-11 175 Fr - Knoxville, Tn
~ 21 Pts/Gm - Mr. B-Ball Finalist - TN 3A Champ MVP
-----
PF/C Kerry Blackshear Jr 6-10 250 Grad-Sr - Orlando, FL - Play 1, VaTech
2018-19 - All ACC - 14.9 Pts, 7.5 Rbs, 2.4 Asts
=====
SF Anthony Duruji 6-7 211 Jr - Potomac, MD -- Sit 1, then play 2 - LaTech
12.2 Pts, 6.2 Rbs, 0.9 Asts, FG's 46.8% - C-USA All Fr Team

CG Tyree Appleby 6-1 165 Jr - Jacksonville, Ark - Sit 1, then play 2 - Cleveland St.
17.2 Pts, 5.6 Asts, 3.7 Rbs, 1.4 Stls, FG's 42%

Returning Roster:

#29 C Gorjok Gak 6-11 235 rsJr - Bradenton, FL
#70 PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 237 rsJr - Oldsmar, FL
#6 PG Andrew Nembhard 6-5 191 So - Aurora, Ontario, CAN.
#15 SG Noah Locke 6-3 205 So - Owings Mills, MD
#16 SF/PF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 225 So - Oak Hill, WVa
W-O SG Alex Klatsky 6-3 193 So - Colts Neck, N.J.

^ Current player rankings per 247 Sports.

I'm gonna focus on the team that we currently have, not on the team or teams that are in the past. Remember the past, but focus on the future.... :cool:

Last edited:
B-Ball's first game is in 109 days, on Tuesday Nov 5th vs N.FL. in the O'Dome.
FSU at the O'Dome the following Sunday.

I'm looking forward to the coming season with more excitement for B-Ball than I've had in years.

The problems with the post are now history... o_O

#31 PF/C Kerry Blackshear Jr. 6-10 250 - Orlando, FL - VaT Grad-Xfer, All ACC

#29 C Gorjok Gak 6-11 235 rsJr - Bradenton, FL

#70 PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 237 rsJr - Oldsmar, FL

#9 PF/C Omar Payne 6-10 225 Fr EE **** - Montverde, FL - (38/50)

So let the good times roll.... :)

Last edited:
Next time, try edit / delete... :rolleyes:
==========

Offense you say?
Daggers to the hearts of the coming opponents are assured imo.

#3 PG Andrew Nembhard 6-5 191 So

#15 SG Noah Locke 6-3 205 So

#16 SF/PF Keyontae Johnson 6-5 225 So

#1 SF Scottie Lewis 6-5 185 Fr EE ***** - MickyD-AA (Kobe)

CG Tre Mann 6-4 175 Fr EE *****- MickyD-AA (Curry)

CG Ques Glover *** Fr - Tn 3A Champ MVP

W-O SG Alex Klatsky 6-3 193 Fr EE - Colts Neck, N.J.

Reactions: gatordad3
The SEC announced on Thursday that Florida will host Baylor in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge on Saturday, Jan. 25. The Bears will be one of seven NCAA Tournament teams to visit Exactech Arena at the O'Connell Center this season.

The Gators are 4-2 all-time in the event, including 3-1 under Mike White and 3-0 overall at home. Florida previously hosted Baylor in the 2018 challenge, an 81-60 UF victory, led by a stellar performance from Chris Chiozza with 20 points, six rebounds and six assists.

https://floridagators.com/news/2019...s-to-host-baylor-in-sec-big-12-challenge.aspx

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT