ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets fired first?

Well champ only has to win 6 games to keep his job, and the east looks shitty again. I can't imagine that the either two will get fired this year, but I think Willie gets the ax first.

Well champ only has to win 6 games to keep his job, and the east looks shitty again. I can't imagine that the either two will get fired this year, but I think Willie gets the ax first.

Seven wins consistently in Columbia gets you in the ShameCock Hall of Fame. Spurrier is a god there.

Reactions: VZDawg
SCar has the toughest schedule in the country along with Aubie.....they will need to ball out to win 6 games so 6 isn't as easy as one would think for them.

I’m not sure Muschamp wins 6 to be honest. I think Pruitt may get the axe before Taggart.

UT is fully in with the buyout for Butch Jones still and only just recently (as in last year) finally finished up with the Derek Dooley Disaster from a financial standpoint.

I honestly don't believe even their deep pockets can handle throwing this coaching staff out on it's head and starting over.

That said, I think the problem is even worse than the money for them. How do you fire this coach, as pathetic as he is, but not even 2 years on the job, and then convince someone else to come into the dumpster fire and expect them to accept the job.

At some point, they have to just put up with it for a number of years and hope there is some improvement. Nobody wants the job where they will be fearing for their job if they can't pull that team out of the dumpster in year 1 and get them to a bowl game, and as much as UT fans want to get rid of pruitt TODAY, they are stuck.

I would also like to point out here, that UT hired Chaney away from UGLY for the grand sum of 1.5 million $ per year. Their new DC is getting paid 1.0 million per year. That 2.5 million just for UT's 2 coordinators is more than Georgia States ENTIRE coaching staff earns combined.

They're all probably a few years from being in trouble. Carolina just extended Muschamp last year and Pruitt is fresh and they're spending big money on his staff so he probably gets another 3 years. So I'd say Taggart if I had to guess. Next year is likely if he's still this bad.

Reactions: sadgator
F$U has no $$$$$ to pay Willie T's buyout for another 2 years minimum. Muskrat losing to a retired Mack Brown after blowing ANOT HER 4th quarter lead by sitting on the offense....someone will finally get the message his destiny is as a DC....nothing more. Vol Nation NEVER saw today coming....Pruitt is safe because Fulmer will protect him for another 2 years.....Philly knows the depth of the Canyon Pruitt is digging out of....

F$U has no $$$$$ to pay Willie T's buyout for another 2 years minimum. Muskrat losing to a retired Mack Brown after blowing ANOT HER 4th quarter lead by sitting on the offense....someone will finally get the message his destiny is as a DC....nothing more. Vol Nation NEVER saw today coming....Pruitt is safe because Fulmer will protect him for another 2 years.....Philly knows the depth of the Canyon Pruitt is digging out of....
I have been trying to tell EVERYONE that Pruitt was going to be UT's biggest disaster yet from day 1, nobody wanted to listen. Perhaps this is finally rock bottom for them and their patience?

On the other hand, perhaps Vol nation DID agree with me and saw this coming, that's why the stadium was only half filled at the start today.

Honestly I think Taggart can make improvements this year. New OC had them rolling early apparently. 31 points in the first 20 minutes of the game would have NEVER happened last year for them. The hard part is instilling the will to fight for it for a full 60 minutes and try to convince them to be winners. They quit during this game and that needs to get fixed. They showed they can put points up. Boise is not nearly as bad as everyone is making them out to be. Honestly other than Miami and Clemson, nobody else is any good in the ACC this year, FSU should still be able to win enough games to go to a bowl which is an improvement over last year.

Muschamp is the guy who should be on the hot seat if anyone. He's been at SCAR long enough that if he was going to be the guy to get them anywhere, he would have done it by this point. This was supposedly his best team yet this year, and they just gave away the win to a pisspoor UNC team in the 4th quarter. Probably one of the very FEW easy games they will have this year considering they have the toughest schedule in the country for this year. It's going to be brutal on them if they couldn't get past lowly UNC.

Very few people will acknowledge or agree with it, but Will Muschamp is without a doubt the worst D1 coach in modern American college football history...

Nice guy, awesome recruiter, competent coordinator, smoking hot wife....terrible terrible head coach.

Very few people will acknowledge or agree with it, but Will Muschamp is without a doubt the worst D1 coach in modern American college football history...

Nice guy, awesome recruiter, competent coordinator, smoking hot wife....terrible terrible head coach.
I sorta agree but I’m starting to think that Jeremy Pruitt is just as bad if not worse and what about poor Charlie Strong? All 3 guys need to stick to being DCs

Matt Luke at Ole Miss will be gone first from the SEC.

Muschamp will be around if he can win 6 games.

Pruitt can't beat Ga State with million dollar coordinators. He and Phatus as AD will both get canned. He was hand picked by Phatus who thought he was getting the upper hand on Bama.

They fired their last AD for offering Mike Leach the job. What could have been for the Dollies.

They're all probably a few years from being in trouble. Carolina just extended Muschamp last year and Pruitt is fresh and they're spending big money on his staff so he probably gets another 3 years. So I'd say Taggart if I had to guess. Next year is likely if he's still this bad.
I'd have to say all 3 schools are screwed. Willie's buyout is around $17 million, not including his assistants.

UT is fully in with the buyout for Butch Jones still and only just recently (as in last year) finally finished up with the Derek Dooley Disaster from a financial standpoint.

I honestly don't believe even their deep pockets can handle throwing this coaching staff out on it's head and starting over.

That said, I think the problem is even worse than the money for them. How do you fire this coach, as pathetic as he is, but not even 2 years on the job, and then convince someone else to come into the dumpster fire and expect them to accept the job.

At some point, they have to just put up with it for a number of years and hope there is some improvement. Nobody wants the job where they will be fearing for their job if they can't pull that team out of the dumpster in year 1 and get them to a bowl game, and as much as UT fans want to get rid of pruitt TODAY, they are stuck.
There are some that think Fulmer did all this so he could step back into the job.

I'd have to say all 3 schools are screwed. Willie's buyout is around $17 million, not including his assistants.

FSU Admin must have really thought they were bulletproof on choosing coaches. Why else would they look at the buyout only as a way to keep a coach there? They must have thought they were hiring "New Bowden" and wanted to keep other schools from poaching him, the way (in their minds) Jimbo was poached.

Having said that, Willie could still be the New Bowden. Let's not forget FSU fans were burning Blobby in effigy before he turned things around. Took him a few years to get it going.

Reactions: grommit

I've said this before, but I'll say it again, I would LOVE to have Champ come to Tally to be our DC.

Actually I’ve said this ever since Fulmer became AD. The guy is a snake.
That has got to be the FATTEST snake to ever make the landscape tremble as it slithers to and fro....

For that matter, what does a snake's silhouette look like when it eats a donut?

Reactions: PacoGator19
FSU Admin must have really thought they were bulletproof on choosing coaches. Why else would they look at the buyout only as a way to keep a coach there? They must have thought they were hiring "New Bowden" and wanted to keep other schools from poaching him, the way (in their minds) Jimbo was poached.

Having said that, Willie could still be the New Bowden. Let's not forget FSU fans were burning Blobby in effigy before he turned things around. Took him a few years to get it going.
If I remember correctly, didn't Bowden come close to accepting an offer from Bama in 1986?

Look at A&M’s schedule. Clemson, Bama, Georgia AND LSU to begin with.
Dang, that's tough too.

SCar got Clemson, Bama, UGa, UF, aTm and already lost to a transitional UNC team, they gotta work to make a bowl.

Aubie got Bama, UGa, LSU, UF, aTm, and already played a top non con game vs ranked Oregon.

Give Muschamp a 10 year extension with a $50 MM buyout ! Keep him there forever ! Same with Willie Taggart !

Tenure...........Tot Gms.........W.............L.....Tie....win %
Mike DuBose ..........1997–2000......47.................24..........23 — 0.......510
Dennis Franchione .2001–2002.....25..................17...........8 — 0........680
Mike Price..............2003 — — — — — — — —fired before coaching a game
Mike Shula.............2003–2006 ......49................10*.........23 — 0........303
* oops, got caught & had to vacate 16 wins
Joe Kines...............2006 ..................1.................. 0 ...........1 — 0.........000
Nick Saban..........2007–present....147...............127........ 20 — 0........864*
*Bear Bryant win % ...858
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_head_football_coaches

Everyone on this board seems to advocate that rivals with poor head coaches, schools we play every year, should fire them . Are you brain dead ?

Pretend you are a fan of a school in the SEC West. Look up above & see who you want coaching Alabama - Dubose, Shula, or Saban ?

Give Muschamp a 10 year extension with a $50 MM buyout ! Keep him there forever ! Same with Willie Taggart !

Tenure...........Tot Gms.........W.............L.....Tie....win %
Mike DuBose ..........1997–2000......47.................24..........23 — 0.......510
Dennis Franchione .2001–2002.....25..................17...........8 — 0........680
Mike Price..............2003 — — — — — — — —fired before coaching a game
Mike Shula.............2003–2006 ......49................10*.........23 — 0........303
* oops, got caught & had to vacate 16 wins
Joe Kines...............2006 ..................1.................. 0 ...........1 — 0.........000
Nick Saban..........2007–present....147...............127........ 20 — 0........864*
*Bear Bryant win % ...858
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_head_football_coaches

Everyone on this board seems to advocate that rivals with poor head coaches, schools we play every year, should fire them . Are you brain dead ?

Pretend you are a fan of a school in the SEC West. Look up above & see who you want coaching Alabama - Dubose, Shula, or Saban ?
No I think we would all agree that we don’t want Taggart, Pruitt or Muschamp to get fired.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT