ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets fired first?

Well hopefully when Pruitt gets fired he’s pissed odd and wants revenge on Tennessee. Come be our DC.

5 years back I’d have said yea if not just for recruiting but his defenses get lit up by everybody these days.

Very few people will acknowledge or agree with it, but Will Muschamp is without a doubt the worst D1 coach in modern American college football history...

Nice guy, awesome recruiter, competent coordinator, smoking hot wife....terrible terrible head coach.

I loathed both. But Mac was far worse, at least Chump could produce on his side of the ball

Yea idk how anybody could think Muschamp was worse. Mac was supposed to be some offensive genius and couldn't get an offense ranked in the top 100. Muschamp was an elite defensive coordinator and had elite defenses here and also recruited a lot of offensive talent, just had no idea what to do with it. And he at least gave a damn. Mac sucked in every area.

So no Grantham fan? I’d love to have Pruitt, but I think Kirby hates him like a few others do.

Like Grantham just don't think he'll be around that long. Dude job hops like a mf. Hell he almost left last year. And I do think Pruitt is better.

The way Tennessee was lining up yesterday on defense and confusion I’m not sure I would want Pruitt either. What a disaster!

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Not sure how I feel about him. I'd still take Champ in a hot minute for DC.
Everyone assumes that would never happen though. Tucking your tail to go back to a job as a coordinator where you were once the head coach? I can't remember seeing this happen in the college game at any rate.

Then again, we did get Randy Shannon as our DC and de facto acting head coach for much of 2017 thanks to ol' yellowteeth. Who would have ever thought that would have happened several years earlier when he was coach of Miami and uttered the infamous "This'll help us more than you'll ever know." after losing to Urban Meyer.

But Pruitt? Hell no. I don't believe that clown is qualified to turn on a light that is already on. He can't even pick up dog turds properly.

He isn’t calling the plays for them. He’s proven to be an elite DC can’t argue it really.
Yes but I’m sure he has some input on the D. They weren’t even getting on the field and lined up properly. They had 2 DEs on the same side one time.

At least our D was good with Champ. The UT defense hasn’t been good at all under Pruitt. Georgia St just scored 38 points on that D. Pruitt has to take some responsibility for that. Not sold on Pruitt as a DC quite yet.

F$U has no $$$$$ to pay Willie T's buyout for another 2 years minimum.
If the Boosters and the alumni feel the time for a change has arrived, the buyout figure will not be a deterrent. They will negotiate with Willie to obtain the best possible deal and pass the hat. FSU won't be the one writing the check.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
If the Boosters and the alumni feel the time for a change has arrived, the buyout figure will not be a deterrent. They will negotiate with Willie to obtain the best possible deal and pass the hat. FSU won't be the one writing the check.
Good luck finding money for a buyout. No way Willllllieeee negotiates a deal to buy him out. FSU is his dream job, he said so himself.

Reactions: bradleygator
Good luck finding money for a buyout. No way Willllllieeee negotiates a deal to buy him out. FSU is his dream job, he said so himself.

Man, that last article paints an ugly picture. My favorite part is where the chair of the board of directors tells everyone how the information shared in the meeting is “very sensitive” and can’t leave the room... except for the fact that meeting minutes are recording the very words you’re speaking and for the fact that they are public record and have now been quoted verbatim by the Tampa Tribune!

Oh FSU, your efforts are endearing. It’s like watching my 2-year-olds put their shoes on the wrong feet.

Reactions: gatordad3
He isn’t calling the plays for them. He’s proven to be an elite DC can’t argue it really.

He's a top 5 DC and top 5 recruiter all day. The problem will always be how long can you keep him? The reality is that if he goes to a top program, he will get head coaching offers in a couple of years. Too many desperate programs out there that will be willing to roll the dice no matter what your history is.

It has been rumored since their opening loss against Boise that Willie Taggart has gone on record that he would rather work as FSU head coach for free than be bought out. He wants to be the next Bobby Bowden.
Sounds like a desperate man to me

It has been rumored since their opening loss against Boise that Willie Taggart has gone on record that he would rather work as FSU head coach for free than be bought out. He wants to be the next Bobby Bowden.
doubtful that's "on record", but I sincerely believe the sentiment is true.

He's a top 5 DC and top 5 recruiter all day. The problem will always be how long can you keep him? The reality is that if he goes to a top program, he will get head coaching offers in a couple of years. Too many desperate programs out there that will be willing to roll the dice no matter what your history is.
Sounds like Will Muschamp

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT