ADVERTISEMENT

Where would you rank the LSU win in Gator history?

Because it clinched the East? Or because the Tiger fans and their AD have been so asinine over the hurricane and rescheduling?

Either way, it wouldn't crack my top ten most important reg season games for the program, but seeing us come into their place and win with backups was pretty special.

Now, if Florida did the unthinkable, and Beat Bama for the SEC, then the game vs LSU (and more specifically that goal line stand) will retrospectively go down as a huge moment for the program, no doubt.

In some ways I wouldnt put it real high unless we upset Bama but for Mac this win was real big as long as we have additional win(s) this season.

Because it clinched the East? Or because the Tiger fans and their AD have been so asinine over the hurricane and rescheduling?

Either way, it wouldn't crack my top ten most important reg season games for the program, but seeing us come into their place and win with backups was pretty special.

Now, if Florida did the unthinkable, and Beat Bama for the SEC, then the game vs LSU (and more specifically that goal line stand) will retrospectively go down as a huge moment for the program, no doubt.

Kind of like the blocked FG against SC in 06. It will be huge if we were to follow up.

Reactions: GordonGecko
It ranks right up there with one of the biggest due to all the circumstances that surrounded this game and with the LSU administration.

It ranks up there with games we weren't supposed to win. But it does not surpass the 1996 game in Knoxville when Tennessee had Peyton Manning and they were going to crush us. I remember UF scoring 35 points in the first half and cruised to a win.

It ranks right up there with one of the biggest due to all the circumstances that surrounded this game and with the LSU administration.

I agree with this. I think it was huge. To me, that goal line stand will be one of those historic SEC plays, particularly given the backstory with the hurricane and all the smack LSU was running.

I'm presuming we'll lose to 'Bama, but if we win there, the LSU game is historic. If we lose in the SECT, the LSU game's legacy may depend on how successful Mac goes on to be. If he has a good career here, with a couple of SEC titles, big bowl wins, etc..., it will be seen as kind of a turning point. If he's gone after four or five years (looking unlikely now but who knows), it might not be that big of a deal. I believe Zook beat a good LSU team down there, but nobody talks about that.

Reactions: sadgator
It only matters if we do something with it. If we get beat up by FSU and Bama like last year it doesn't mean shit as UT will still get the better bowl game, etc. if Mac fires Nuss and actually recruits like it might help him going forward. We can not end on a sour note with MeatChicken to open next year. We really need to win against FSU or Bama.

WTH Sad? The win was awesome for lots of reasons but the most significant reg season win in history? Cmon now. Just last week the game against South Carolina was supposedly program defining lol. You're caught up in the moment my man, I get it though.

The 1966 Auburn game would definitely be bigger historically.

I'm hazy on the details but I bdljeve it gave us our first 9 win season and won Steve the Heisman.

I agree with this. I think it was huge. To me, that goal line stand will be one of those historic SEC plays, particularly given the backstory with the hurricane and all the smack LSU was running.

I'm presuming we'll lose to 'Bama, but if we win there, the LSU game is historic. If we lose in the SECT, the LSU game's legacy may depend on how successful Mac goes on to be. If he has a good career here, with a couple of SEC titles, big bowl wins, etc..., it will be seen as kind of a turning point. If he's gone after four or five years (looking unlikely now but who knows), it might not be that big of a deal. I believe Zook beat a good LSU team down there, but nobody talks about that.
Well thought-out response.

UF clinching the East is the same as Virginia Tech clinching the Coastal. Hip hip hooray..........now UF will face FSU and then Bama and VT will face UVA and then Clemson.

Hummm, just a guess but I'd say Bama and Clemson will be in the playoffs.

UF clinching the East is the same as Virginia Tech clinching the Coastal. Hip hip hooray..........now UF will face FSU and then Bama and VT will face UVA and then Clemson.

Hummm, just a guess but I'd say Bama and Clemson will be in the playoffs.

It's not so much about winning the East as it is beating a top national program, on the road in a very hostile environment, meaning that it is a big stadium, filled with fans. I understand why that would be a difficult concept to grasp for an ACC fan, though.

Other than the National and SEC Title Game wins, sadgator is thinking this one might have been the most significant reg season game of all time. Really can't think of one bigger or more important.

The COCK BLOCK is the only other one.

It's not so much about winning the East as it is beating a top national program, on the road in a very hostile environment, meaning that it is a big stadium, filled with fans. I understand why that would be a difficult concept to grasp for an ACC fan, though.

Woopee great! Think that's going to happen next Saturday? Vegas will give you 6 1/2 to boot.

I agree the LSU win was great for your coach. But like a Gator fan said here it's significance pales as the Bama game draws near. Win that one and it will be historically monumental. Lose and not so much.

Enough already.

Yes, they have been really good, but, no more bammie knob slobbing please.

Woopee great! Think that's going to happen next Saturday? Vegas will give you 6 1/2 to boot.

I agree the LSU win was great for your coach. But like a Gator fan said here it's significance pales as the Bama game draws near. Win that one and it will be historically monumental. Lose and not so much.
glad you were able to replace jamie's knob with sabans.

Not only that but for the injuries we had and to have some young guys step up when we needed it. For me this win is important because it signifies what could be. We usually fold in these games. Idc about winning the East or even beating LSU necessarily, we went on the road in a game we were supposed to be blown out and found a way to win. If it had been Vandy I'd have been just as happy. And even when it looked like we were gonna lose because of braindead coaching decisions (hi Nuss :rolleyes:) the players wouldn't let it happen. That's the type of stuff you can build on.

Only opinions, so of course we are all entitled to our own.

Individual games stand or fall on themselves. What happened before, or what happens next, doesn't come into it for me.

On that level, I'd put it in my own Top 20, and mostly because of LSU's AD and fans.
The rest on the 'TEAM' playing so many young guys due to injuries, and them acquitting themselves so admirably in a very hostile Death Valley.

Not only that but for the injuries we had and to have some young guys step up when we needed it. For me this win is important because it signifies what could be. We usually fold in these games. Idc about winning the East or even beating LSU necessarily, we went on the road in a game we were supposed to be blown out and found a way to win. If it had been Vandy I'd have been just as happy. And even when it looked like we were gonna lose because of braindead coaching decisions (hi Nuss :rolleyes:) the players wouldn't let it happen. That's the type of stuff you can build on.

When we kicked the field goal, I thought a one point loss was guaranteed. Their whole drive I sat there thinking about what a bummer it was going to be to come up short. 100 percent a game we lose in the previous 8 years. Then the defense stepped up HUGE on the goal line.

When we kicked the field goal, I thought a one point loss was guaranteed. Their whole drive I sat there thinking about what a bummer it was going to be to come up short. 100 percent a game we lose in the previous 8 years. Then the defense stepped up HUGE on the goal line.

I was watching it with my pops, pacing around the room, and once LSU got that 4th and 10 conversion on the final drive, I spent the rest of the game saying "oh well...it is what it is...we tried."

That's the mentality that had set in since the end of 2009.

Inside my head I begged LSU to run the one play they ran at the Goal Line on the last play, that play was irony at new levels. It's like that staff lost trying to win with an Homage to Les using his play that lost games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT