ADVERTISEMENT

What would it take?

Not trolled, its very obvious what he's doing. It's annoying because he tries to pretend that's not what he's doing, like anybody with a brain can't see it for what it is.
Ok and you know that poster and when has he ever come over to this board to provide anything even remotely useful? He's a troll with nothing else better to do. Period.

Reactions: oozie7
And when rivals love your coach that should tell you all you need to know. You never saw Noles over here praising Meyer and congratulating us on wins talking about how he needs to stay. I wonder why?
Yes. Kelly is a master level troll. I respect him for that.

Not trolled, its very obvious what he's doing. It's annoying because he tries to pretend that's not what he's doing, like anybody with a brain can't see it for what it is.

I think it's pretty obvious sarcasm. He certainly isn't trying to pretend that's he's being genuine.

Why should any HC get at least 4-5 years to show out, as long as he's not a complete train wreck, and even then as long as he's not on a path to NCAA probation? o_O

Frank Breamer's first 6 years at VaTech:
1987 - 2-9
1988 - 3-8
1989 - 6-4
1990 - 6-5
1991 - 5-6
1992 - 2-8
Combined 24-40 :oops:
-------
1993 - 9-3
1994 - 8-4
1995 - 10-2
1996 - 10-2
Combined 37-11 (first 10 years 61-51)

However, from 1993 > 2015 he took VaTech to a bowl game every single year (23 consecutive bowls), while going 214 - 81 (.725) the rest of the way. Just think what VaTech would have lost out on, if they had been too quick to fire Frank for his admittedly lousy 24-40 first 6 year loser record. o_O

As to Mc, all he done so far is this:
>>> 20-9, 14-3 SEC and 1-1 in his Bowl games. :eek:

This has not prevented some 'entitled fans' from constantly sniveling and whining about his entire job performance. They ignore the fine staff he's assembled and his steadily improving recruiting.
His overall job as the Gator's HC is a 9+ on a 10 scale imo.
Does he still have some things to do better?
Sure he does, but he continues to work on those things while he continues to win at a high precentage.

IMO, his 2 losses to 28-2 UA in the SEC-C games are certainly understandable.
Only 2 teams have beat UA in that time span.
~ 2015 10-3 MS beat them by 6 pts, but 14-1 UA still went on to win another NC.
~ 2016 14-1 Clempson beat 14-1 UA by 4 pts for the NC.
> The only SEC coach with a better 2 year record than Mc is Saban.

Does he lose to chump loser teams, or has he lost some to teams that are as good or better than his own?

2015 Losses: @ 9-3 LSU, 10-3 FSU, @ 10-3 Mich, @ 14-1 NC UA
2016 Losses: @ 9-4 TN, @ 7-6 Ark, @ 10-3 FSU, @ SEC-C 14-1 UA
And remember, that was using the offense left to him by muscrap...
>>> And only 1 of his 9 losses was in the SWAMP. :cool:

Now, can we as fans nit-pic some of his decisions?
Certainly, but do try for some perspective,,, at least occasionally while you're whining... :rolleyes:

Because VT's program at the time Beamer took over is in any way comparable to UF now. And for every coach that sucked for 5-6 years before turning it around there are hundreds more that just kept on sucking. Dabo and Mack Brown are the only coaches in recent memory who took more than 4-5 years to win a title at the school they won. Talk about a lack of perspective....

And we're still blaming Muschamp's offenses when Mac's offenses each year have been worse. Naturally we don't give Muschamp any credit for the defense he left. Funny enough you were the one here telling us how Mac's recruits were responsible for the defensive success and how there would be no dropoff now a year later with his recruits we're 100th in defense. I'd say you're a troll but you're largely just unintelligent.

Because VT's program at the time Beamer took over is in any way comparable to UF now. And for every coach that sucked for 5-6 years before turning it around there are hundreds more that just kept on sucking. Dabo and Mack Brown are the only coaches in recent memory who took more than 4-5 years to win a title at the school they won. Talk about a lack of perspective....

And we're still blaming Muschamp's offenses when Mac's offenses each year have been worse. Naturally we don't give Muschamp any credit for the defense he left. Funny enough you were the one here telling us how Mac's recruits were responsible for the defensive success and how there would be no dropoff now a year later with his recruits we're 100th in defense. I'd say you're a troll but you're largely just unintelligent.

Was just going to say this. Can't compare VT in 1987 to UF in 2017. I bet Mac's salary is bigger than VT's football budget at that time.

Reactions: TennesseeGator

lol. Yep, he insisted the D would be just as good. Not to mention there are a couple Muschamp guys left making an impact, like Dawson

I see ignored content appearing, but since I don't G-a-S what the jerkers are babbling about, someone else will have to address them, if they are even worth any response. I tired of their constant idiot drivel long ago. :p

Michigan is an above average team with a below average QB

You mean the team not one of you thought would beat us all offseason is now good?

And how come they aren't making the 'young' or 'lost starters' excuse for their D. They lost 10, most to the NFL. Yet we have every excuse in the book for being ranked 100?

You mean the team not one of you thought would beat us all offseason is now good?

And how come they aren't making the 'young' or 'lost starters' excuse for their D. They lost 10, most to the NFL. Yet we have every excuse in the book for being ranked 100?

That yardage given up is alarming. The only reason its not being talked about much is the last second pass winning that game.

Not that it counts for a single solitary thing.... :rolleyes:

The crappy coaches are now 20-9, 14-3 SEC, 2x SECe-C.
And they are 13-1 at home in the SWAMP.
Against a Top 10 team and a Top 25 team:
The crappy 2017 offense is 1-1, 1-0 SEC
The crappy 2017 defense is 1-1, 1-0 SEC
The crappy kicker is 3/4 FG, 100% X-Pts, 9/0 KO TB's.
The crappy punter is averaging over 50 yds/punt.
The crappy ST's have not given up a KO or PR TD.

That's with a week's practice and another game being cancelled by yet another hurricane.

But the 'Entitled Nit-Pickers' are always in great abundance here, and that's likely why so few different people ever bother to post here.... :cool:

The defense was gassed. Not enough depth. Well not enough available depth.

I look forward to seeing what we look like if we ever get the full squad back.

Not that it counts for a single solitary thing.... :rolleyes:

The crappy coaches are now 20-9, 14-3 SEC, 2x SECe-C.
And they are 13-1 at home in the SWAMP.
Against a Top 10 team and a Top 25 team:
The crappy 2017 offense is 1-1, 1-0 SEC
The crappy 2017 defense is 1-1, 1-0 SEC
The crappy kicker is 3/4 FG, 100% X-Pts, 9/0 KO TB's.
The crappy punter is averaging over 50 yds/punt.
The crappy ST's have not given up a KO or PR TD.

That's with a week's practice and another game being cancelled by yet another hurricane.

But the 'Entitled Nit-Pickers' are always in great abundance here, and that's likely why so few different people ever bother to post here.... :cool:

So just like Numbers predicted, you disappeared after Michigan claiming you were disinterested in the team only to show back up after a miracle win to talk down to people, the same people who have been more right than you've been to date. Tell us more about your glorious preseason predictions of a monster offense and a top 15 defense. You're FOS and don't believe 99% of what you type. Because when asked to go on record with a prediction for the final record you ran, ducked, and deflected. Keep whining about the entitled fans though.

A+ post. So many of us (sadgator included) have been playing negative nelly lately, but you are 100% correct. This dude is good at winning SECe games. Every year, the primary goal is winning the East...without that, no other goal can happen. It is the first priory for Mac...as it was for Steve. Call it luck or fate or whatever, Mac does it...Zook couldn't do it...Mus couldn't do it...that is the difference.
Big win for Mac. Solidifies his status as head coach as he continues to beat the SECe teams and contends for the division title, again. It will come down to uga and UF with UF usually winning this matchup. Either way, Mac should end up with a fine looking record once they beat the usual suspects of UK, Vandy, KY, and Mizzou. Throw at least a split, if not sweep, of the two regular season SECW teams who are struggling and UF is looking at a pretty solid and reachable 9 or 10 win regular season. Sure, they will get beat again in the SECCG by 'Bama, but Mac just may have bought another year after '18 with that big win. If he goes 9-3 finishing either 1st or 2nd in the SECe then he is certainly around thru '18 heading into '19. If recruiting turns around then he could be the guy for many more years. Really big win, congrats!

A+ post. So many of us (sadgator included) have been playing negative nelly lately, but you are 100% correct. This dude is good at winning SECe games. Every year, the primary goal is winning the East...without that, no other goal can happen. It is the first priory for Mac...as it was for Steve. Call it luck or fate or whatever, Mac does it...Zook couldn't do it...Mus couldn't do it...that is the difference.

Thank you, SG! I just see the SECe race playing out similarly to the past two years. The big win vs a tough UT squad. Roll the rest of the SECe with a dogfight for the east against uga. Win that game and UF is in the SECCG. Mac knows how to win tough ones. He did it against LSU last year. He will most certainly do it against a worse LSU team at home this year. aTm is mediocre as is the rest of the SECe. UGA is the toughest conference game remaining and that is the showdown. I think UF under MAC is going to show consistency again this year by finishing in the top 2 for the SECe. There is not a hot seat in Gainesville for him and I would not be shocked to hear about more contract extensions for him in the offseason. Heck, he just got a nice one with a raise this past offseason.

I would not be shocked to hear about more contract extensions for him in the offseason....
Don't overdo it...it really exposes the
douchiness...
However, your primary point is valid...Mac ain't goin' anywhere anytime soon...anybody who thinks so is in delusional fantasy land.

If you are a Florida fan, and you aren't trying to at least find and appreciate the positives at this point in the season (which includes the possibility of winning the East), you are simply wasting your energy.

It is just so painful to watch this team play.

Easily the most boring team on my TV every Saturday. We've always sucked on defense but we used to at least be exciting on defense, now Shannon sends a blitz 4 times a game. But we make up for being boring on both sides of the ball by being sloppy, unorganized, and poorly managing the game. So there's that.

Easily the most boring team on my TV every Saturday. We've always sucked on defense but we used to at least be exciting on defense, now Shannon sends a blitz 4 times a game. But we make up for being boring on both sides of the ball by being sloppy, unorganized, and poorly managing the game. So there's that.

I guess we have that kicking game going for us with those rocket legged kicker and punter. :cool:

Didn't CBS make some comment on the size of the viewing audience for that boring as heck UF / TN game... :cool:

It turned from predictable and boring Florida game last 8 years, to lines of Cocaine immediately...

Reactions: sadgator
Big win for Mac. Solidifies his status as head coach as he continues to beat the SECe teams and contends for the division title, again. It will come down to uga and UF with UF usually winning this matchup. Either way, Mac should end up with a fine looking record once they beat the usual suspects of UK, Vandy, KY, and Mizzou. Throw at least a split, if not sweep, of the two regular season SECW teams who are struggling and UF is looking at a pretty solid and reachable 9 or 10 win regular season. Sure, they will get beat again in the SECCG by 'Bama, but Mac just may have bought another year after '18 with that big win. If he goes 9-3 finishing either 1st or 2nd in the SECe then he is certainly around thru '18 heading into '19. If recruiting turns around then he could be the guy for many more years. Really big win, congrats!

Add UK to the list of big wins and Mac is rolling. He inspires this team despite nine players being suspended and facing felony charges. Two of those players being the top two returning play makers. Impressive stuff for Mac's resume'.

To get you back on board with this coach?

sadgator is so despondent (and so strangely apathetic) that it is hard to imagine anything bringing him back short of an SECCG win and a complete and total reversal of offense production numbers while doing it.

It is going to be just a brutal couple of years watching this thing play out.

Turning on Mullen after a 10-3 season Sad? Go root for FSU or Georgia then.

I didn't know threads this old were retrievable. We have talked enough about Butters mess and I am sure there will be plenty of talk generated this year once the season starts.

I didn't know threads this old were retrievable. We have talked enough about Butters mess and I am sure there will be plenty of talk generated this year once the season starts.

For Laker to take a two year old complaint from Sad about Butters and pretend he wrote it about Mullen is beyond the pale for me. I never considered that Laker might also be Buca, but that is just his kind of bullcrap.

For Laker to take a two year old complaint from Sad about Butters and pretend he wrote it about Mullen is beyond the pale for me. I never considered that Laker might also be Buca, but that is just his kind of bullcrap.

Laker is buca....confirmed....hang him!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT