ADVERTISEMENT

What would it take?

He had way more passion with that CSU team and more personal with the players, look at all their old stuff in the locker room after games.. He isn't like that at all now

I want to add to mine...not only did I list what UF must do...but if Michigan is some lightening in the bottle team and goes like 11-1 in the regular season and their defense dominates like they did yesterday, I'll over look the game from yesterday.

Well Cincinati and Air Force took care of this part of it for you. Michigan is a pretty average team

Reactions: TennesseeGator
He's guaranteed way more money than he ever thought he would get growing up in Montana. Looks like he's just coasting. I've been in his corner and defended him against many posters until after the Michigan debacle. I've lost faith.

I don't understand the play calling.

Why on 3rd and 3 do we finally choose to toss it deep?

Why?

I don't understand the play calling.

Why on 3rd and 3 do we finally choose to toss it deep?

Why?
Nuss went into a shell when it was put the game away time. Before Frank's int, and it was 20-17, the Gator WR was uncovered at the top of the screen. I was screaming throw it to him, the DB covering is 10 yards off the ball with no safety backup. No checkoff, didn't even look that way. A run right up the gut for a 4 yard loss. Has Nuss not given Franks the green light to take advantage of such an obvious mismatch? Jeebus.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Have you seen Purdue this year? They have to have one of the lowest rated (per recruiting classes) rosters among all major conferences and it looks like Jeff Brohm has immediately turned them around.

He's a dude to keep an eye on.

Reactions: TNGatorBrad
Nuss went into a shell when it was put the game away time. Before Frank's int, and it was 20-17, the Gator WR was uncovered at the top of the screen. I was screaming throw it to him, the DB covering is 10 yards off the ball with no safety backup. No checkoff, didn't even look that way. A run right up the gut for a 4 yard loss. Has Nuss not given Franks the green light to take advantage of such an obvious mismatch? Jeebus.

This.

Have you seen Purdue this year? They have to have one of the lowest rated (per recruiting classes) rosters among all major conferences and it looks like Jeff Brohm has immediately turned them around.

Check! -- Like Mc at ColoSt???

2009 - 3-9
2010 - 3-9
2011 - 3-9
Mc arrives at ColoSt
2012 - 4-8
2013 - 8-6
2014 - 10-3 - MWC CoY

2014 UF 7-5
Mc arrives at UF
2015 UF 10-4 SECe-C, Mc SEC CoY

Jus-sayin.... :cool:

Last edited:
Big win for Mac. Solidifies his status as head coach as he continues to beat the SECe teams and contends for the division title, again. It will come down to uga and UF with UF usually winning this matchup. Either way, Mac should end up with a fine looking record once they beat the usual suspects of UK, Vandy, KY, and Mizzou. Throw at least a split, if not sweep, of the two regular season SECW teams who are struggling and UF is looking at a pretty solid and reachable 9 or 10 win regular season. Sure, they will get beat again in the SECCG by 'Bama, but Mac just may have bought another year after '18 with that big win. If he goes 9-3 finishing either 1st or 2nd in the SECe then he is certainly around thru '18 heading into '19. If recruiting turns around then he could be the guy for many more years. Really big win, congrats!

Reactions: sadgator
Big win for Mac. Solidifies his status as head coach as he continues to beat the SECe teams and contends for the division title, again. It will come down to uga and UF with UF usually winning this matchup. Either way, Mac should end up with a fine looking record once they beat the usual suspects of UK, Vandy, KY, and Mizzou. Throw at least a split, if not sweep, of the two regular season SECW teams who are struggling and UF is looking at a pretty solid and reachable 9 or 10 win regular season. Sure, they will get beat again in the SECCG by 'Bama, but Mac just may have bought another year after '18 with that big win. If he goes 9-3 finishing either 1st or 2nd in the SECe then he is certainly around thru '18 heading into '19. If recruiting turns around then he could be the guy for many more years. Really big win, congrats!

An opposing fan trying to calculate how ling we have to keep Mac. Tells you all you need to know

If the offense would do something at all, the recruiting classes at the very least would be top 4 and one of them with the chance to be #1 in the next two years..

If we had on OC they would win by default in most games with the level of talent that's there on offense and coming with Corral.. Corral alone coming could keep mac around next year if this one goes to shit probably

Despite what happened overall yesterday, the recruits loved our fans and atmosphere selling the program. We have a great stadium experience in games like that and always have had one of the best most unique places to watch and play a game. We have really good fans even amidst all the bullshit on the field on offense and the recent weather that no one expected to see all those people there and that rowdy. Our fans really help our program in this conference, the recruits loved it and we got some really great feedback by the top recruits and some 5 stars. I was surprised

A+ post. So many of us (sadgator included) have been playing negative nelly lately, but you are 100% correct. This dude is good at winning SECe games. Every year, the primary goal is winning the East...without that, no other goal can happen. It is the first priory for Mac...as it was for Steve. Call it luck or fate or whatever, Mac does it...Zook couldn't do it...Mus couldn't do it...that is the difference.

Reactions: kellylexy

This guy again.

When rivals love your coach...

Reactions: seffnergator
Seriously cannot understand all the hate. Do yourselves a favor if you have not seen Mac's post game press conference and watch it. The dude is eccentric and odd, but he is also clearly a smart football guy. He understands the x and o shit on a very cerebral level. This ain't zook or Mus.

A+ post. So many of us (sadgator included) have been playing negative nelly lately, but you are 100% correct. This dude is good at winning SECe games. Every year, the primary goal is winning the East...without that, no other goal can happen. It is the first priory for Mac...as it was for Steve. Call it luck or fate or whatever, Mac does it...Zook couldn't do it...Mus couldn't do it...that is the difference.

I need to see us hang in there against one of the "real" teams. Tennessee was absolutely terrible. Butch should have been fired on the spot for that series at the goal line where we got the pick.

that said, I will be impressed if we win the east again.

Seriously cannot understand all the hate. Do yourselves a favor if you have not seen Mac's post game press conference and watch it. The dude is eccentric and odd, but he is also clearly a smart football guy. He understands the x and o shit on a very cerebral level. This ain't zook or Mus.

Mac can't hold a candle to Muschamp in X and O knowledge on their respective sides of the ball, it's not even that close really. If he's as football smart as you think he is then wouldn't it show by now in his offense? We do dumb X and O shit repeatedly. Frank's bomb saved Mac from being hung up on the side of the stadium from that awful clock management the play before too. Because smart football guys burn 30 secs fiddling around on the sideline doing nothing instead of trying to get into FG range.

It's just a matter of whether you believe Macs capable of taking us into the top 5, where we're trading shots with the teams that are always competing for the final 4. If he's not, then we're just spinning our wheels no matter how many times we win this really bad division. I personally don't see it. Tennessee is real bad, like actively trying to lose that game, and we still almost gave it back to them.

Mac can't hold a candle to Muschamp in X and O knowledge on their respective sides of the ball, it's not even that close really. If he's as football smart as you think he is then wouldn't it show by now in his offense? We do dumb X and O shit repeatedly. Frank's bomb saved Mac from being hung up on the side of the stadium from that awful clock management the play before too. Because smart football guys burn 30 secs fiddling around on the sideline doing nothing instead of trying to get into FG range.

Muschamp understands X's and O's from the defensive side of the ball, but that does not mean transitive. And Muschamp either didn't try to recruit WRs or O linemen or his offense was so bad none wanted to come here.
I could not believe the piss poor clock management at the end of the game. I fully expected to get into field goal range with 0.00 left on the clock and a time out in the pocket but going to overtime. That's how crappy it was.

You are joking right? A smart football guy who is in year three and his side of the ball still can't get out of its own way? Can you give an example over his 2+ seasons where we have done anything smart? We have Nuss, who hired and retained him? And you could give Spurrier Nuss or Pease or anyone for that matter and we wouldn't have an offense ranked in the 100s if we rolled out a high school team.

sadgstor doesn't think that Mac has made the best personnel decisions nor use of resources. Also, sadgator certainly questions the play-callling. But that doesn't mean that Mac doesn't have an understanding of what he is trying to do from a x and o perspective.

If you haven't watched his post-game press conference, do yourselves a favor and watch it. He certainly sounds like he knows what he is talking about. In fact, with the terminology and jargon he uses, it actually sounds like he is too football smart for his own good. He speaks in ways that are so esoteric that sadgator is not sure that he can actually commmunicate with the team adequately. You certainly never heard Muschamp going to that level of detail when providing post-game assessment.

That being said, if you read between the lines, sadgator thinks Mac either does not fully trust the team or believes they are too young to implement everything he wants to do. But it is hard for him to come out and directly say that as a criticism.

Now, sadgator is not in any way a Mac apologist...and sadgator also believes Mac is solely responsible for creating the situation he is in, but the point is, why not try to find the small positives and hope in what a win like that might do. Let's see if the team develops and plays better over the next few weeks...it might be the catalyst for it.

As to the time out...Mac thought we picked up the first down or were close enough for a measurement stop...sadgator woulda played it differently, but Mac owned it and explained why he didn't take the TO. Somewhat bothersome, but fairly understandable in hindsight.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
I will never say a coach understands things good when his background is offense and he fields some of the worst offenses in all of FBS going on 3 years now.

It's not about being unhappy with the win, by that token though we're letting one spectacular play overshadow another terrible game from the coaching staff, especially offensively. He went from having no answers week 1 to being some X and O savant the next week because Franks made a great play? ANY coach can make the heads of the average fan or reporter spin, doesn't mean they know what they're doing in comparison to other coaches. I couldn't care less about a press conference. What on the field shows in-depth X and O knowledge? Butch and Mac lobbed dumb decisions back and forth during that game. It was legit a game of which coach would make the worst decision last.

I don't buy his reasoning for not using the TO either because the ref very clearly marked it short AND signaled that the time was still running, he was playing for a long FG or OT and that's why he let the clock burn. Franks confirmed that by saying they called a play to get into FG range.

Didn't someone, maybe bradley, discuss how Mac just says shit he hears the other coaches saying. Bottom line we have played 2 games of awful football, both with extended time to prepare. But sure, if you want to base your evaluation off 9 seconds of one game, feel free. We won, it was exciting, but the coaching was AWFUL, Butch Jones awful

We won in spite of our staff. I think Mac said the same, which might be the first time he's actually been candid about anything without dancing for 30 mins beforehand. I left that game being happy as hell for our players while realizing even more what duds we have on the sidelines.

Considering the circumstances I think the team did about as well as you could expect (depends on what your expectations were) but we had 1 game canceled and missed multiple practices due to the hurricane. How do you think UT feels right now? They had the opportunity to iron out any flaws by playing a cupcake last week and had all their allotted practices last week they were 2-0 and had confidence going against a team that had been embarrassed in their opening game and missing 10 players.

You take the win and move on. Even though it may have been an ugly game it had a great atmosphere and it was a huge weekend for recruiting.

Definitely a great win. And we have some players at the skill positions and, unusually, at quarterback. But if the offense keeps playing like that, it's going to be tough not to think about the fact that this staff is probably holding these guys back.

He is. Better hire him before his alma mater hires him to replace the neck brace.

I feel bad for you guys with the vicious emotional cycle you're in with your coaches.

I remember the highs when you got Muschamp (BOOM!) and the lows as his coaching acumen revealed itself. Looks like a repeat with Mac. Hard to see where it ends with you getting the coach that brings you back to the promised land.

This guy maybe?

bY1Ys.gif

Considering the circumstances I think the team did about as well as you could expect (depends on what your expectations were) but we had 1 game canceled and missed multiple practices due to the hurricane. How do you think UT feels right now? They had the opportunity to iron out any flaws by playing a cupcake last week and had all their allotted practices last week they were 2-0 and had confidence going against a team that had been embarrassed in their opening game and missing 10 players.

You take the win and move on. Even though it may have been an ugly game it had a great atmosphere and it was a huge weekend for recruiting.

Fair. Can't deny the sloppiness is getting old though. I'm betting we see the same things this weekend hurricane or no hurricane. I was just happy for our players, Franks especially. Hopefully they stop cuffing him now and let him go sling it.

Recruiting is going very good that is for sure. At least for now anyways.

Despite what a certain cretin constantly babbles about it... :confused:

247 UF Recruit Class Ranking Composite
(see trends in class rankings and in quality)

2020 - Currently NR, but UF just got an excellent 4 star DE commit.
DE Josh Griffis 6-4 220 Soph - Clay HS, Green Cove Springs, FL
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/josh-griffis/Xt_TbmrdEea-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm

2019 - Currently #1 Ranked - 12, 0, 7, 5, 91.03

2018 - Currently #7 Ranked - 17, 0, 9, 8, 90.15 > #2 SEC behind UA

2017 - Final #11 -- 23, 0, 11, 11, 89.11

2016 - Final #12 -- 25, 0, 9, 16, 88.72

2015 - Final #21 -- 21, 2, 2, 17, 87.26
(#16 class when WM was fired, class had dropped to the 90's by the time that Mc arrived)

2014 - Final #9 - Last WM class.

Last edited:
Despite what a certain cretin constantly babbles about it... :confused:

247 UF Recruit Class Ranking Composite
(see trends in class rankings and in quality)

2020 - Currently NR, but UF just got an excellent 4 star DE commit.
DE Josh Griffis 6-4 220 Soph - Clay HS, Green Cove Springs, FL
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/josh-griffis/Xt_TbmrdEea-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm

2019 - Currently #1 Ranked - 12, 0, 7, 5, 91.03

2018 - Currently #7 Ranked - 17, 0, 9, 8, 90.15 > #2 SEC behind UA

2017 - Final #11 -- 23, 0, 11, 11, 89.11

2016 - Final #12 -- 25, 0, 9, 16, 88.72

2015 - Final #21 -- 21, 2, 2, 17, 87.26
(#16 class when WM was fired, class had dropped to the 90's by the time that Mc arrived)

2014 - Final #9 - Last WM class.

2018 class looks very good thus far. However, ranking is nice but balance is key too. And you are seeing the results of unbalanced recruiting by our D in the 4th quarter. You also see it with our very poor OL play, of which all are 3* players except Ivey. So class ratings are important, but if its boosted because you have 4 highly rated WR but no DT it isn't going to necessarily show on the field.

You are joking right? A smart football guy who is in year three and his side of the ball still can't get out of its own way? Can you give an example over his 2+ seasons where we have done anything smart? We have Nuss, who hired and retained him? And you could give Spurrier Nuss or Pease or anyone for that matter and we wouldn't have an offense ranked in the 100s if we rolled out a high school team.

Two SECe championships. Huge win on Saturday that most likely propels UF into the top two of the division when they have their showdown with uga. UF looks better this year than LSU and aTm. Andy, UK, Mizzou and USCe will probably result in a 5-1 or possibly 6-0 record. This team could very well have only one or two losses going into the home game against FSU. Win that and and an upset of Bama in the SECCG and UF is suddenly one of the four playing for it all. Mac is in good shape and this team is only going to get better as the season rolls along. Sadgator nails the analysis.

Two SECe championships. Huge win on Saturday that most likely propels UF into the top two of the division when they have their showdown with uga. UF looks better this year than LSU and aTm. Andy, UK, Mizzou and USCe will probably result in a 5-1 or possibly 6-0 record. This team could very well have only one or two losses going into the home game against FSU. Win that and and an upset of Bama in the SECCG and UF is suddenly one of the four playing for it all. Mac is in good shape and this team is only going to get better as the season rolls along. Sadgator nails the analysis.
With Saturdays win, Mac needs a long term extension.

Please shut up. Anyone with a brain knows you want Mac to stay because you think he's a bum. Like I've already said I don't recall you being over here congratulating UF on wins and waxing poetic about the coach while Meyer was here and we all know why. You aren't fooling anybody.

Gee I wonder why the Nole is a big fan of the UF coach they beat like a drum on and off the field. Must be because Mac is pretty cool.

Gee I wonder why the Nole is a big fan of the UF coach they beat like a drum on and off the field. Must be because Mac is pretty cool.
Why do you care? Who cares what an FSU fan says or any rival fan for that matter whether it is good or bad. You get trolled too easy.

Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT