ADVERTISEMENT

What would it take?

sadgator

Bull Gator
Jan 9, 2002
Copper Monkey 30 minutes prior to kickoff
To get you back on board with this coach?

sadgator is so despondent (and so strangely apathetic) that it is hard to imagine anything bringing him back short of an SECCG win and a complete and total reversal of offense production numbers while doing it.

It is going to be just a brutal couple of years watching this thing play out.

To get you back on board with this coach?

sadgator is so despondent (and so strangely apathetic) that it is hard to imagine anything bringing him back short of an SECCG win and a complete and total reversal of offense production numbers while doing it.

It is going to be just a brutal couple of years watching this thing play out.

Somehow this offense recovering this season to be a top 50 offense in yards/game at the end but I think hell would freeze over before that would happen.

Reactions: rdgtr
Nothing. He doesn't know what he's doing. Any success will likely be a fluke. And with UT being bad and UGA and FSU losing their QB's he might have just gotten the breaks he'll need again. We'll win this pathetic division while going 8-4 and have to sit through years of this.

Nothing other than 10-2 regular season and being competitive in the SECCG and winning the bowl game followed up by a top 7 recruiting class. This would obviously have to include going 4-1 vs UT, UGA, FSU, LSU, and aTm and the Vanderbilt, SCar, and other chitty teams not being a question.

11-3 East Title, Bowl Win, Top 7 ranked recruiting class and I'll jump on board.

Nothing other than 10-2 regular season and being competitive in the SECCG and winning the bowl game followed up by a top 7 recruiting class. This would obviously have to include going 4-1 vs UT, UGA, FSU, LSU, and aTm and the Vanderbilt, SCar, and other chitty teams not being a question.

11-3 East Title, Bowl Win, Top 7 ranked recruiting class and I'll jump on board.

I second this emotion.

First things first, with a little future gazing...

Pretty much MUST be 3-1 in three weeks. That will get some on board, especially if Franks plays and gets better as he goes.

Then dealing with LSU and others will be more palatable.

Self bashing aside, would suspect team will actually be up for ut...and not sit back and let little cock syndrome run them out of the gym again.

Coach must let the cocks wag.

I want to add to mine...not only did I list what UF must do...but if Michigan is some lightening in the bottle team and goes like 11-1 in the regular season and their defense dominates like they did yesterday, I'll over look the game from yesterday.

i doubt it, we make all the arkansas look sound for one game.

Actually. I just found one thing. Or maybe two or three. Stop having press conferences, stop talking about how great a games atmosphere is even after we get stomped for the millionth time, stop saying 'little bit', and stop saying 'and yet' when trying to join two separate points that don't have anything to do with each other.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Actually. I just found one thing. Or maybe two or three. Stop having press conferences, stop talking about how great a games atmosphere is even after we get stomped for the millionth time, stop saying 'little bit', and stop saying 'and yet' when trying to join two separate points that don't have anything to do with each other.

and "kind of", he sounds like he's trying to cover up a missile launch impending over a 3rd world country.

"it's a real, different kind of, neat fun situation, but it could be bad a little bit, many collateral deaths but it's kind of something we're working towards"

Reactions: sadgator and oozie7
and "kind of", he sounds like he's trying to cover up a missile launch impending over a 3rd world country.

"it's a real, different kind of, neat fun situation, but it could be bad a little bit, many collateral deaths but it's kind of something we're working towards"

LOL for real man dude just rambles without saying anything.

Reporter: "Have you given any thought to taking over playcalling?"

Mac: "We had a plan and it just got sidetracked a lil bit. They did some different things kinda moved us around a lil bit. And yet we'll learn from this going forward."

Uh what? You didn't answer the question bruh.

Reactions: sadgator
LOL for real man dude just rambles without saying anything.

Reporter: "Have you given any thought to taking over playcalling?"

Mac: "We had a plan and it just got sidetracked a lil bit. They did some different things kinda moved us around a lil bit. And yet we'll learn from this going forward."

Uh what? You didn't answer the question bruh.
MacElwanger, guy is terrible...we need a new HBC.

And yet he will do it again

Reactions: oozie7
Gotta say the Zaire thing is an issue for me.

Del Rio was your starter last year. So you have that. If Franks beats him out, then you have an experienced backup. It's ok to have an inexperienced starter and an experienced backup. That's straight from the NFL bible, from The Book of Quarterbacks. It's obvious that's what happened.

So WHY waste so much time and effort on Zaire? The effort put in to teach a DIFFERENT offense for Zaire could have been used to fine tune the Franks offense. Could it be that we looked underprepared because of this?

I'd really like to think so. Then it could just be a mistake. Then Mac would have thought Zaire was going to come in and light it up for a year, so Franks could start in his third year. He could have thought that, and just have been wrong. I could live with that.

But I truly believe that we were always going to look underprepared because WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO PREPARE.

They looked bad because the guy calling the plays changed nothing between or for the two playing.. Zaire was ready for our playbook before he even came, it's coaching.. the players are no excuse anymore, there's talent everywhere. They should get something going by accident with them this year

I wanted to post this separately so it didn't get lost in the QB issue.

Michigan's back 4 was green as grass. Did we run anything to confuse them? I didn't see anything. I saw our guys wandering out there in slow lazy circles, I didn't see any feet planted in the ground to make hard cuts, I didn't see any double moves, etc. I will say that I only saw the TV, so I'm sure I missed things. BUt I think if we had been doing those things we would have had a lot more receptions. I mean, Spurs ran plays designed to get guys open. I think that's still allowed.

Michigan ran picks all day to get openings in man, when the OC saw that he should have pulled out our pick plays and run them just the same. If nothing else it would have forced the refs to call it both ways. Or it would have opened our offense up to the point they would have had to back out of the overaggresiveness on the LOS.

But no, same as always, we wander around, no plan, no clue, no idea how to be successful. And Mac has held on to Nuss for so long he can't hire a good OC now because of how warm his seat has become. DAMMIT...

They looked bad because the guy calling the plays changed nothing between or for the two playing.. Zaire was ready for our playbook before he even came, it's coaching.. the players are no excuse anymore, there's talent everywhere. They should get something going by accident with them this year

Disagree. Franks ran basically pro-style, Zaire was running the read a lot. He didn't drop back until the end, and it was, as we all know, a disaster.

To be fair, your football success is absolutely correlated with the arrogance of your head coach. I can't imagine Steve-O or Urbs ever saying something like that.

He started out trying to act arrogant with the press but that went out the window for good I think after the 2nd game against FSU not scoring an offensive TD.

And Mac has held on to Nuss for so long he can't hire a good OC now because of how warm his seat has become. DAMMIT...

And this right here is the reason I said I'm done with him, barring some miracle turnaround. I can understand keeping Nuss after year 1 because even though he sucked the continuity argument was reasonable. But after last year there wasn't any excuse to keep him. Now if he fires him after this year what are the chances we get a stud OC to come here with the coach on the hot seat AND with them likely having just one year to turn around the offense? I can't see any top guys signing up for that, so the new OC hire probably wouldn't even be that great. And if we need a stud OC to save our supposed offensive coach, then it's already in the gutter. It never matters who the coordinators are for coaches who are elite on their side of the ball.

And this right here is the reason I said I'm done with him, barring some miracle turnaround. I can understand keeping Nuss after year 1 because even though he sucked the continuity argument was reasonable. But after last year there wasn't any excuse to keep him. Now if he fires him after this year what are the chances we get a stud OC to come here with the coach on the hot seat AND with them likely having just one year to turn around the offense? I can't see any top guys signing up for that, so the new OC hire probably wouldn't even be that great. And if we need a stud OC to save our supposed offensive coach, then it's already in the gutter. It never matters who the coordinators are for coaches who are elite on their side of the ball.

We have maybe the best offensive coordinator in the country already in the building. I fear he likes being retired too much, though.

Reactions: seffnergator

Yup, did it matter who Spurrier's OC was? Saban's DC? Meyer's ST coordinator? Nope, when the coach is an 'expert' at something its going to work no matter the coordinator. In some ways this is worse than Muschamp, at least you knew he would roll out an elite D regardless. There is just something wrong, very wrong, with this whole situation and I fear more damage is done to the long term each and every week

Ooz has got this guy clocked. I think he called it when he said he doesn't know himself, so he's always trying to put on an act of how a successful coach would look and speak. If you still have the game on tape go back and look at his reaction when Pineiro misses the field goal. He looks like he's acting out something he saw on tv. The kelvin Taylor thing was another one. He went so far over the top it was ridiculous. He didn't know how to do it. Same deal in his press conferences, he has all these little catch phrases, probably things that he heard some good coach say. He's always talking about "pieces." That's the blocking "piece" of that, or the preparation "piece" which i guarantee he probably got from Saban. Except Saban probably uses it to break things into logical segments to make them easier to understand, while Mac uses it indiscriminatelyvto the point where it has no meaning "and that's the practicing hard piece or the being really fired up to play piece." I think he should be fitted for special shoes and a helmet is what I'm saying.

Reactions: oozie7
Ooz has got this guy clocked. I think he called it when he said he doesn't know himself, so he's always trying to put on an act of how a successful coach would look and speak. If you still have the game on tape go back and look at his reaction when Pineiro misses the field goal. He looks like he's acting out something he saw on tv. The kelvin Taylor thing was another one. He went so far over the top it was ridiculous. He didn't know how to do it. Same deal in his press conferences, he has all these little catch phrases, probably things that he heard some good coach say. He's always talking about "pieces." That's the blocking "piece" of that, or the preparation "piece" which i guarantee he probably got from Saban. Except Saban probably uses it to break things into logical segments to make them easier to understand, while Mac uses it indiscriminatelyvto the point where it has no meaning "and that's the practicing hard piece or the being really fired up to play piece." I think he should be fitted for special shoes and a helmet is what I'm saying.

LMAO@ special shoes and a helmet.

Sometimes sadgator thinks Mac is genuinely quirky; however, it just doesn't play well when you aren't kicking ass. It plays much better in a place like the Mountain West. The more sadgator sees of Mac, the more he believes he would be a better coach in Montana, Wyoming, or Idaho.

Reactions: TNGatorBrad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT