ADVERTISEMENT

We are the noles hoop bitch

Wanna bet on Florida making the tournament or whether FSU makes it further than Florida if they make it?

FSU will be seeded to the Elite 8 and won't get there. But as I doubt UF gets even one win, I would not make that bet.

FSU will be seeded to the Elite 8 and won't get there. But as I doubt UF gets even one win, I would not make that bet.

Today. Come back at year end when we are a 2 seed and you are trying to get excited about your NIT bid and tell us this again.

i'm hoping if the Noles win in the E8, you'll absolutely predict we lose the next one.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
If crapping the bed is getting to the E8, has M White crapped the bed as well?

I don't have time to explain the history of FSU in the tourney. Just note that you flame out early. It's what you do. And you will do again.

Navigator is very impressed with the Nolies team this year. What alien dropped out of the sky and body snatched Hamilton? We suck so bad this year we don't even have game threads any more. We are/should be beating LSU like a red-headed step child tonight and its the half, and I'm afraid we still might not seal the deal. :oops:

Remember in 2012 when the Nole fans tried to tell us that winning a conference title is a bigger accomplishment than going deep into the tourney, which is what UF did from 2011-2014? Of course, the ACC champs were ousted in the 2nd round by Cincinnati.
Leonard Hamilton now has a chance to be only the 2nd FSU coach(Hugh Durham back in 1970?) to make their 2nd Final Four appearance.

Remember in 2012 when the Nole fans tried to tell us that winning a conference title is a bigger accomplishment than going deep into the tourney, which is what UF did from 2011-2014? Of course, the ACC champs were ousted in the 2nd round by Cincinnati.
Leonard Hamilton now has a chance to be only the 2nd FSU coach(Hugh Durham back in 1970?) to make their 2nd Final Four appearance.

Going deep in the tourney is ALL that matters

Hamilton has been a head coach for 32 years and he’s been to one Elite 8. Not exactly very impressive is it?

That not very impressive coach looks to be in his 8th out of last 11 NCAA tourny. Also seems to have a ok record vs some of our big rivals lately.

I don't have time to explain the history of FSU in the tourney. Just note that you flame out early. It's what you do. And you will do again.

Did not ask for explanation of history of tournament. Keep doubling down on the predictions, they're entertaining.

Did not ask for explanation of history of tournament. Keep doubling down on the predictions, they're entertaining.

The Noles have a decent chance of making some noise this year. There is no dominant team anywhere, including the ACC. You have a good team but can Hamilton actually lead them is the question. This may be his best chance ever. We shall see, eh...?

Wow, you sound like a Georgia fan. As least they won one title 40 years ago in the sport they act like they dominate.

Going deep in the tourney is ALL that matters
Disagree. Winning a conference championship is very important. It's icing on the cake to make a run at a national title in any sport. But winning a conference title is extremely important.

Disagree. Winning a conference championship is very important. It's icing on the cake to make a run at a national title in any sport. But winning a conference title is extremely important.

I feel that way in football, not in basketball tho.

If FSU wins the NC the gator melt will be legendary.

I will admit to enjoying having basketball and baseball titles while FSU goes without, but it will not impact my life in any meaningful way if FSU manages to find an acorn.

Last edited:
Similar to the nole melt when we won ours? Or maybe our baseball title?

I don't think they were terribly bothered by us winning the basketball title. They really don't seem to care much about basketball. They weren't too happy about us bragging that we are the only team to win both the basketball and football titles in the same year, though.

But the baseball title? THAT upset them a LOT. They are baseball snobs and have always considered themselves better than us. Now we have a title where they don't. AND have a winning record against their greatest baseball coach.

How do I you feel about UFs 2 NCs in basketball?
At the time I thought it was pretty exciting. It didn't upset me that Florida won. When I was a student I was envious of UF for having Donovan while we had the most boring coach of all time Steve Robinson.

Reactions: rdgtr
I don't think they were terribly bothered by us winning the basketball title. They really don't seem to care much about basketball. They weren't too happy about us bragging that we are the only team to win both the basketball and football titles in the same year, though.

But the baseball title? THAT upset them a LOT. They are baseball snobs and have always considered themselves better than us. Now we have a title where they don't. AND have a winning record against their greatest baseball coach.
Baseball was just frustration. Didn't Florida have the second most trips to the CWS without winning behind FSU? It won't surprise me if MM Jr wins one though.

It is interesting how FSU doesn’t have a title in baseball either.
They've been to the College World Series more than any other team without winning a championship. 23 rimes. It's pretty incredible. Only 2 teams have been to the CWS more than FSU - Texas has been 36 times with 6 championships; and Miami with 25 CWS trips and 4 titles. Arizona State has been 22 times and has 5 titles, Southern Cal has been 21 times with 10 titles and Oklahoma State 20 times with 1 championship. Getting to the CWS is, to me, one of the most difficult things in NCAA athletics to do and winning a title against 7 other teams playing their best baseball of the year makes it even harder to win. But 23 times without a title is pretty pathetic.

Reactions: gatordad3
The Noles have a decent chance of making some noise this year. There is no dominant team anywhere, including the ACC. You have a good team but can Hamilton actually lead them is the question. This may be his best chance ever. We shall see, eh...?
Experience in the tournament matters ... this may well be his best team. Can he improve on the last three years? We shall see indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT