ADVERTISEMENT

Walls are closing in on DJT.... *All of Trump Charged threads have been merged - post here*

On the 87th attempt, have the dems FINALLY got Trump?

• Total voters
Nobody knows what was said in that meeting but Cohen and Trump. Cohen told his side...

I know you're going to defend him. It's what you do. Trump was just scared to answer questions under oath. As I always said, it's easily to lie on fox. You can't under oath because it comes with a price

What makes this judge corrupted? Besides you being told that.
cohen is a scumbab, he isnt roy cohn level but a scumbag none the less. Same as every single person in the trump orbit, con men, grifters, scumbags, you name it, they are all filth. trumps no different. The sheep dont see this, the cult leader can do no wrong... SAD that american politics has devolved into this.

cohen is a scumbab, he isnt roy cohn level but a scumbag none the less. Same as every single person in the trump orbit, con men, grifters, scumbags, you name it, they are all filth. trumps no different. The sheep dont see this, the cult leader can do no wrong... SAD that american politics has devolved into this.
I don't disagree but he still told his side unlike Trump.

yes, i was just commenting on his crew and what it says about the man.
Being a piece of shit isn't illegal yet.

DJT is a NY Yankee in the finest tradition of Yankee carpetbaggers.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't get a fair trial, and its obvious even to people that can't stand him he's not getting one.

And if a former POTUS can't get a fair trial, what chance do you or I have? That's the point, not whether DJT is a good person because he's an ass, but if we still live in a country with a presumption of innocence and the phrase "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" actually means anything.

That doesn't mean he shouldn't get a fair trial, and its obvious even to people that can't stand him he's not getting one.

And if a former POTUS can't get a fair trial, what chance do you or I have? That's the point, not whether DJT is a good person because he's an ass, but if we still live in a country with a presumption of innocence and the phrase "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" actually means anything.
i assume he is getting a fair trial, why would i assume he isnt? becasue he whines constantly? he is a silver spoon billionaire with the best lawyers money can buy. I do not feel sorry for him, i feel more sorry for the poor that get railroaded daily in the country for laws that should never have been on the books.

i assume he is getting a fair trial, why would i assume he isnt? becasue he whines constantly? he is a silver spoon billionaire with the best lawyers money can buy. I do not feel sorry for him, i feel more sorry for the poor that get railroaded daily in the country for laws that should never have been on the books.
When one of the finest lawyers in the country, who cordially detests you, says you're not getting a fair trial, I tend to believe them.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Nah, you want to believe him. Who is this fine lawyer you speak of??
Think he is talking about Dershowitz who socks mentioned before. Even though Socks doesn't appear to realize Dershowitz has taken Trump's position on numerous issues in recent years and helped his defense team in his 2020 impeachment. He has been on TV shows a number of times arguing Trump's side over the last few years. Hardly a guy who hates Trump.

He also ignores a number of high profile attorneys who have consistently disagreed with AD.

To use his opinion as the reason you take a side means your looking for a way to take that side.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
Nobody knows what was said in that meeting but Cohen and Trump. Cohen told his side...

I know you're going to defend him. It's what you do. Trump was just scared to answer questions under oath. As I always said, it's easily to lie on fox. You can't under oath because it comes with a price

What makes this judge corrupted? Besides you being told that.
1) The way he's treated the defense. I sent several examples last night, but he also wouldn't let a Federal Elections expert testify, when the core issue at hand is federal election interference.
2) His daughter went from a nobody to raising $90MM+ overnight using this issue as a primary fundraising tool.
3) He's enforced a gag order on Trump while Cohen makes money off of a podcast wearing a shirt with DJT in an orange jumpsuit, with Stormy Daniels doing interviews and TV appearances.

And there's many more examples, he's clearly biased and has direct financial interests in a trial he's presiding over.

That's extremely corrupt.

There is certainly an argument to be made that this trial being brought is party political.....but saying the trial isn't being conducted fairly is more of the same baloney we always hear from Trump

Reactions: kalimgoodman
Think he is talking about Dershowitz who socks mentioned before. Even though Socks doesn't appear to realize Dershowitz has taken Trump's position on numerous issues in recent years and helped his defense team in his 2020 impeachment. He has been on TV shows a number of times arguing Trump's side over the last few years. Hardly a guy who hates Trump.

Naw. When something is wrong, it's wrong.

He also ignores a number of high profile attorneys who have consistently disagreed with AD.

To use his opinion as the reason you take a side means your looking for a way to take that side.
Show your work.

High profile does not equal respected as a legal scholar by both sides.

As they say in the streets. Nobody will snitch until they are faced with the decision to snitch.

Trump talks a great game until he is faced with that real choice.

You and I both know why his lawyers advised him not to testify. This is real life, not fox.
What is fox? You keep saying it and I have no clue what you're talking about. And what is Trump snitching about? I'm really confused.

And kalim, I'm so sorry that Trump took his attorney's advice and didn't take the stand in a trial his attorneys clearly felt they had already presented their best witnesses, made a solid argument to the jury and had nothing to gain by putting their client on the stand.

I guess that's just a cross DJT will have to bear the rest of his life. I'm not sure how he'll do it, I just hope he finds a way to push through.

There is certainly an argument to be made that this trial being brought is party political.....but saying the trial isn't being conducted fairly is more of the same baloney we always hear from Trump
Holy crap

A trial being political IS THE DEFINITION OF AN UNFAIR TRIAL!

If you are treating someone differently because of race, politics, gender, etc. it's inherently unfair.

I swear liberals are the dumbest people on the planet. This might be the dumbest post ever on this board, and that's a really high bar.

You seriously believe a trial motivated by politics vice an actual crime being committed can be impartial.

• Haha
Reactions: fatman76

We live in a damn police state and these goose steppers love it.

The problem with that is, at some point it'll be turned on them too.

What is fox? You keep saying it and I have no clue what you're talking about. And what is Trump snitching about? I'm really confused.

And kalim, I'm so sorry that Trump took his attorney's advice and didn't take the stand in a trial his attorneys clearly felt they had already presented their best witnesses, made a solid argument to the jury and had nothing to gain by putting their client on the stand.

I guess that's just a cross DJT will have to bear the rest of his life. I'm not sure how he'll do it, I just hope he finds a way to push through.
My black talk flew over your head. Guess you need some DEI training LOL.

Ok, well lets not hear him complain about not being allowed to talk. He had his chance and backed down, he's a fraud.

My black talk flew over your head. Guess you need some DEI training LOL.

Ok, well lets not hear him complain about not being allowed to talk. He had his chance and backed down, he's a fraud.
So you expect him to take the stand against the advice of counsel?

1) The way he's treated the defense. I sent several examples last night, but he also wouldn't let a Federal Elections expert testify, when the core issue at hand is federal election interference.
2) His daughter went from a nobody to raising $90MM+ overnight using this issue as a primary fundraising tool.
3) He's enforced a gag order on Trump while Cohen makes money off of a podcast wearing a shirt with DJT in an orange jumpsuit, with Stormy Daniels doing interviews and TV appearances.

And there's many more examples, he's clearly biased and has direct financial interests in a trial he's presiding over.

That's extremely corrupt.
So if a judge family is involved in politics, that makes them corrupted? and if they make ruling that you don't like, that makes them corrupted?

Explain more....

So if a judge family is involved in politics, that makes them corrupted? and if they make ruling that you don't like, that makes them corrupted?

Explain more....
I'm willing to excuse all that as judges are political animals.

He tossed a witness out of his courtroom for looking at him funny.

That strike you as reasonable?

So you expect him to take the stand against the advice of counsel?
Trump will always ne advised to not testify because he's a liar and criminal. I am not shocked that he didn't testify, I never expected him to. I am just pointing to the Trump lovers how much of a fraud he is. Then if he loses, he'll complain/appeal about not being allowed to testify. The man is predictable.

I'm willing to excuse all that as judges are political animals.

He tossed a witness out of his courtroom for looking at him funny.

That strike you as reasonable?
He did not toss the witness out, not sure where you got that lie from.

Also, there is a certain way you should act towards a judge.

Trump will always ne advised to not testify because he's a liar and criminal. I am not shocked that he didn't testify, I never expected him to. I am just pointing to the Trump lovers how much of a fraud he is. Then if he loses, he'll complain/appeal about not being allowed to testify. The man is predictable.
Ill definitely not be impressed if he brings up not being able to testify as a reason.

Like Trump, I have a big mouth, and that's why my counsel doesn't let me testify on my own behalf either.

That's what we pay lawyers for, to keep us out of jail.

You still have to break a rule to ask to be removed from a court, contempt has rules too.

I misspoke, he cleared the media out.

To what end?

BRAVO! However lefties cannot see this looking through their straw of hate. And their obvious lack of brains.

He wouldn't let him get at all specific about the facts of the case, rendering his testimony worthless. So yes, he didn't let him testify. Merchan didn't want anyone to contradict how he characterized the law to the jury.

And there's also a certain way a judge should conduct himself in court. By all reports Merchan absolutely lost it when Costello made it clear that Trump had no knowledge of the payment.

If he had no knowledge of the payment then he can't be guilty.

Merchan can't have an acquittal. His family has money to make off of this.

Holy crap

A trial being political IS THE DEFINITION OF AN UNFAIR TRIAL!

If you are treating someone differently because of race, politics, gender, etc. it's inherently unfair.

I swear liberals are the dumbest people on the planet. This might be the dumbest post ever on this board, and that's a really high bar.
HOORAY!! Someone agrees with me. they prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt EVERY day

Ill definitely not be impressed if he brings up not being able to testify as a reason.

Like Trump, I have a big mouth, and that's why my counsel doesn't let me testify on my own behalf either.

That's what we pay lawyers for, to keep us out of jail.
You won't be impressed but you will defend him

You still have to break a rule to ask to be removed from a court, contempt has rules too.

I misspoke, he cleared the media out.

To what end?
Well some people actually go to jail for being disrespect to the judge. Not uncommon but because it's Trump, you guy are required to blow it up.

• Haha
He wouldn't let him get at all specific about the facts of the case, rendering his testimony worthless. So yes, he didn't let him testify. Merchan didn't want anyone to contradict how he characterized the law to the jury.

And there's also a certain way a judge should conduct himself in court. By all reports Merchan absolutely lost it when Costello made it clear that Trump had no knowledge of the payment.

This is inaccurate. He lost it when the guy started making faces and reactions to his decisions.

Oh man, may god bless your heart.

Do you think a judges family being involved with politics make them corrupted? You think he is trying to help his daughter?

You won't be impressed but you will defend him
I said what I said, i'm not going to accept that as a reason to appeal. And neither will a court of appeals, come to think on it.

Well some people actually go to jail for being disrespect to the judge. Not uncommon but because it's Trump, you guy are required to blow it up.

Then why wasn't he charged with contempt?

There's any number of ways for a judge to address disrespect in his courtroom, the harshest is contempt and sanctions.

Why clear the court of press to yell at a witness? He could have instructed him directly, asked his counsel to direct him, spoken to him in chambers.

So why clear the press? As far as I know he was still under oath and on the record.

Yes, certain way you should act toward a judge. But not one word on the integrity that a judge is supposed to bring to the courtroom. Pure Kalim bs. He is as intellectually dishonest as the day is long. Trump better hope there ain't 12 Kalims on that jury because that's a conviction in the first minute.

This is inaccurate. He lost it when the guy started making faces and reactions to his decisions.

Oh man, may god bless your heart.

Do you think a judges family being involved with politics make them corrupted? You think he is trying to help his daughter?
No, the judge lost it when Costello told the stenographer to "strike it" when he reacted to the judge sustaining an objection from the prosecution...and Costello said "geez". You really are never right about anything.

Yes, he's 100% trying to help his daughter, and help his party. He is a Biden donor (albeit a small amount, it shows bias and intent). This is a politically motivated lawfare case and he's demonstrated that every step of the way.

There still isn't a crime alleged here and they're going into closing arguments Tuesday.

What a unAmerican stance...but NOT surprised from someone who does not understand NOR follow our Constitution. Let me EDUCATE you AGAIN.....

From Dershowitz.........

And Bob Costello does what I did: He rolled his eyes. And I rolled my eyes, I said, I couldn't believe the judge was making these rulings. And the judge, thinking he's a tyrant, clears the courtroom, throws out everybody from the media. For some reason, they allowed me to stay, and I watched as the judge berated him. And the judge said something I have never seen in a courtroom in my history, 60 years. He threatened to strike the testimony of the main witness for the defendant because of punishment of the witness for staring at the judge. Can you imagine the violation of the Sixth Amendment? The Sixth Amendment allows any defendant to confront witnesses and to present evidence in his defense. Can you imagine if this judge had actually struck the testimony of Bob Costello? It would result in an automatic mistrial, new trial, and a verdict against the prosecution. The judge was bluffing. He ought to be disciplined for making that threat because the threat was an idle threat. He obviously didn't act on it. …

You can't throw out a witness's testimony and punish the defendant that way. It's just an outrageous threat. And we didn't see it because television is not allowed in the courtroom. … They just won't allow the American public to
watch this trial
, and I don't blame them. If I were the judge, I would never want this trial to be on television because he's behaved so outrageously.

Reactions: RussellCasse
What a unAmerican stance...but NOT surprised from someone who does not understand NOR follow our Constitution. Let me EDUCATE you AGAIN.....

From Dershowitz.........

And Bob Costello does what I did: He rolled his eyes. And I rolled my eyes, I said, I couldn't believe the judge was making these rulings. And the judge, thinking he's a tyrant, clears the courtroom, throws out everybody from the media. For some reason, they allowed me to stay, and I watched as the judge berated him. And the judge said something I have never seen in a courtroom in my history, 60 years. He threatened to strike the testimony of the main witness for the defendant because of punishment of the witness for staring at the judge. Can you imagine the violation of the Sixth Amendment? The Sixth Amendment allows any defendant to confront witnesses and to present evidence in his defense. Can you imagine if this judge had actually struck the testimony of Bob Costello? It would result in an automatic mistrial, new trial, and a verdict against the prosecution. The judge was bluffing. He ought to be disciplined for making that threat because the threat was an idle threat. He obviously didn't act on it. …

You can't throw out a witness's testimony and punish the defendant that way. It's just an outrageous threat. And we didn't see it because television is not allowed in the courtroom. … They just won't allow the American public to
watch this trial
, and I don't blame them. If I were the judge, I would never want this trial to be on television because he's behaved so outrageously.
This differs from ABC's report.

Apparently Costello said "geez" about a decision from the judge on an objection and then instructed the Steno to "strike it", which only the judge can do.

If true that's douchebag behavior, no matter how out of line and biased the judge is. That said, I'm here for it. Someone needs to stand up for what's right.

Statue of limitations is not a problem and the judge already said that. You're using right wing talking points/lies. He is claiming federal AND state campaign violations. The jury can convict on either. So it's not limited to anything federal.

Oh, this judge said that? Shocking. You mean a judge with political ties to the Democrat party and a daughter that is financially benefiting from the situation? That judge?

This judge?

Oh, this judge said that? Shocking. You mean a judge with political ties to the Democrat party and a daughter that is financially benefiting from the situation? That judge?

This judge?

Dershowitz agreed with Trump once.

Ergo, he's not a reliable source.

Nice try though.

Dershowitz is as liberal as they come and campaigned against Trump in 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT