ADVERTISEMENT

Wait! What? I thought it was easy to win at Miss St?

I mean that is what we have been told for the last few years. How did Moorehead get fired after just 2 years?

It couldn’t have been due to the expectations set by the previous coach could it??
Who ever said that? I dont even remember the uga fans saying that. I think it’s almost impossible to win there consistently

Who ever said that? I dont even remember the uga fans saying that. I think it’s almost impossible to win there consistently
Pretty sure we had quite a few rivals fans saying he wasn’t a good coach because he never won anything while at Miss St. Here we are 2 years and they have already fired his predecessor.

Pretty sure we had quite a few rivals fans saying he wasn’t a good coach because he never won anything while at Miss St. Here we are 2 years and they have already fired his predecessor.
I remember them saying he hadn’t beaten smart (a whole 3 game winning streak now. Wow.) but I’m pretty sure they know winning at MSU is pretty damn hard if they’re being honest and not trying to start some shiz. I’ll say again... how many coaches have left MSU on their own? I can only think of one. And have they ever won anything? In their history? If anything I think it was a mistake for Mullen to take that job in the first place. He could have gotten something better if he’d waited a few weeks. But at this point it doesn’t matter. He had them about as good as they can be there

Reactions: TennesseeGator
I mean that is what we have been told for the last few years. How did Moorehead get fired after just 2 years?

It couldn’t have been due to the expectations set by the previous coach could it??

I dont think winning there is easy. I knew Mullen was good by the job he did there.

Reactions: sadgator and fsumc
Hasn’t the Bulldog mantra been “he ain’t won nuthin’ in 9 years as a head coach?” Implying he should be a division winner at the SEC west’s version of Vanderbilt?
Exactly.

This opens a can of worms with early signing day unless they can switch with no penalty.

Not sure why everyone is so down on this coach unless off the field is in play.

He basically had the same number of wins (14) Mullen had his last 2 seasons as head coach there and the same 7 - 9 SEC record over 2 years.

Last edited:
Hasn’t the Bulldog mantra been “he ain’t won nuthin’ in 9 years as a head coach?” Implying he should be a division winner at the SEC west’s version of Vanderbilt?
It’s happened before. Just wasn’t Mullen.

Oh really when was that? What was Miss St’s record when they did it? It’s like you go out of your way to be intellectually dishonest.
Is it or is it not a fact that Miss St has won an SECW title?

Gwinett,

DAMN !
The way you worded it made me curious & I looked it up.

You are correct.
............East .............................West
1998 Tennessee Mississippi State*, Arkansas

* denotes tie-break winner and subsequent division representative to the SEC Championship Game.

Other Fun Facts
Conference Southeastern Conference
Western Division
1998 record 8–5 (6–2 SEC)
Head coach Jackie Sherrill (8th season)
Offensive coordinator Lynn Amedee (3rd season) (1988 UF OC under Galen Hall)
Defensive coordinator Joe Lee Dunn (3rd season)

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Oh really when was that? What was Miss St’s record when they did it? It’s like you go out of your way to be intellectually dishonest.
Jackie Sherrill was tagged for cheating. His record also isn’t anywhere near as good as Mullen’s was.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
LOL You’re right. Crazy Mullen never did it. He’s totally overrated. I wonder when the the last time an 8-5 west team won that division? But stick to W/L discussions. Anything involving a further look typically frustrates you guys.

Reactions: passoverGator
LOL You’re right. Crazy Mullen never did it. He’s totally overrated. I wonder when the the last time an 8-5 west team won that division? But stick to W/L discussions. Anything involving a further look typically frustrates you guys.
You’re the one talking W/L. The fact remains MSU has anSECW title and it wasn’t delivered by Dan Mullen. What’s so hard to accept about that? And to make it even more silly,I’m arguing this fact with a fvckin Nole.

You’re the one talking W/L. The fact remains MSU has anSECW title and it wasn’t delivered by Dan Mullen. What’s so hard to accept about that? And to make it even more silly,I’m arguing this fact with a fvckin Nole.

because you're being an idiot.
I assume you realize it, but that's debatable.

You guys have 'the best' everything, 1 sec title and choke or get beat down in big games...where the National titles bud? Not the alleged recruiting one

Because I’m actually capable of having an honest discussion about football in general. You’re comparing the SEC west from the late 90s to the SEC west that’s had two teams win national titles and three play for said titles. You’re either intellectually dishonest or you’re just a typical bulldog with the inability to look past a box score.

Because I’m actually capable of having an honest discussion about football in general. You’re comparing the SEC west from the late 90s to the SEC west that’s had two teams win national titles and three play for said titles. You’re either intellectually dishonest or you’re just a typical bulldog with the inability to look past a box score.
Saban. That’s it. Auburn bought a natty and is mediocre otherwise. Hell, Richt had Fulmer, Spurrier and Meyer to deal with.

Saban. That’s it. Auburn bought a natty and is mediocre otherwise. Hell, Richt had Fulmer, Spurrier and Meyer to deal with.
There you go again. At least it’s determined you’re just incapable of looking past a box score. At what point since Mullen was at MSU was the west champ unranked or ranked outside the top 15? Hell Paco just pointed out Sherrill had to cheat to get to 8 wins LOL. Comparing the of that era and when the SEC was at its peak is just lazy smack talk. You can stop pretending to be above the normal bulldog faithful now.

Are UGA fans really still debating whether Mullen is a great head coach?!?!?

They are the only ones...
I think Mullen is a very good coach. Never said otherwise. I’ve not made fun of him and don’t care when some of you talk about Kirby and his haircut or whatever childish things. But when someone makes factually inaccurate statements I will call them on it. Saying Georgia posters said it’s easy to win at MSU was one. Saying MSU had never won the West was another. The emotional responses are both funny and, wait, no it’s just funny.

Who said MSU never won the West? Making factually incorrect statements while bitching about factually incorrect statements. Bulldogs gonna bulldog.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
Who said MSU never won the West? Making factually incorrect statements while bitching about factually incorrect statements. Bulldogs gonna bulldog.
Isn’t that what you were saying ITT? Sure seemed that way to me.

Isn’t that what you were saying ITT? Sure seemed that way to me.
I asked you what year and what was their record in an effort to point out how ridiculous it is to compare your conference in such a blanket manner. You can literally line up Vanderbilt and MSU’s accomplishments side by side before their respective best coaches ever arrived and MSU barely edges them out with like maybe one conference title in their existence. What both of those coaches did at those schools and consistently is nothing short of a miracle. Anyone holding a lack of division titles over James Franklin and Dan Mullen knows jack and sh!t about the game of football. But your fanbase to now include you, continues trying to pretend Mullen is not that good because he never won the west. I wish the guy sucked too but reality is they hired a hell of a coach. I’m sure Miami and Tennessee are both kicking themselves for turning down their opportunities to have done so previously.

I asked you what year and what was their record in an effort to point out how ridiculous it is to compare your conference in such a blanket manner. You can literally line up Vanderbilt and MSU’s accomplishments side by side before their respective best coaches ever arrived and MSU barely edges them out with like maybe one conference title in their existence. What both of those coaches did at those schools and consistently is nothing short of a miracle. Anyone holding a lack of division titles over James Franklin and Dan Mullen knows jack and sh!t about the game of football. But your fanbase to now include you, continues trying to pretend Mullen is not that good because he never won the west. I wish the guy sucked too but reality is they hired a hell of a coach. I’m sure Miami and Tennessee are both kicking themselves for turning down their opportunities to have done so previously.
Maybe if you’d calm down a bit you’d see that in this very thread I say Mullen is a very good coach. I’m bored with this so you can continue to try to win your point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT