ADVERTISEMENT

Two years ago Norvell’s record was 3-10 at one point with a loss to an FCS. school..

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
But, he stayed and has built a team the way he wanted it. But, it took him 3 years to finally turn the ship and in year 4 it looked good tonight.

2020 the Nolies went 3-6 in Mike Norvell’s 1st year.
2021 FSU started out 0-4 including an embarrassing loss 20-17 to Jacksonville St. an FCS school. So, Mikey at that point was 3-10 and FSU in financial difficulties couldn’t afford to fire him. Genie Williams was still running Warchant and you Noles said he SUCKED and needed to be fired.
Now he’s the greatest coach ever huh? The schedule in 2023 has one ranked team left, Clemson who we’ll see vs. Duke tomorrow.

Point being, you gotte give Napier 2 more years if he continues to recruit like he is. Now a loss Saturday and we’ll come up with 31.9 Million real quick.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
But, he stayed and has built a team the way he wanted it. But, it took him 3 years to finally turn the ship and in year 4 it looked good tonight.

2020 the Nolies went 3-6 in Mike Norvell’s 1st year.
2021 FSU started out 0-4 including an embarrassing loss 20-17 to Jacksonville St. an FCS school. So, Mikey at that point was 3-10 and FSU in financial difficulties couldn’t afford to fire him. Genie Williams was still running Warchant and you Noles said he SUCKED and needed to be fired.
Now he’s the greatest coach ever huh? The schedule in 2023 has one ranked team left, Clemson who we’ll see vs. Duke tomorrow.

Point being, you gotte give Napier 2 more years if he continues to recruit like he is. Now a loss Saturday and we’ll come up with 31.9 Million real quick.

No if you are still a mess in year 3 and had a bad year 1 and 2 you just don't have it. There has been no exceptions for championship/playoff level coaches in their first full 3 seasons I think. I am curious if this portal strategy gives FSU a crappy 2024 though. It's working great these last 2 seasons so far.

I never wanted Norvell fired. He got better every single yr. 3 wins, 6 wins, 10 wins, then this yr. He has improved the roster each yr as well, a bunch of draft picks on this years on the team.

I always questioned our defensive staff and HS recruiting. We are doing really well in Hs recruiting right now so that is being fixed.

SEC went 1 and 3 in p5 matchups this weekend, 0 and 2 against the ACC. Oof

Reactions: goldmom
I never wanted Norvell fired. He got better every single yr. 3 wins, 6 wins, 10 wins, then this yr. He has improved the roster each yr as well, a bunch of draft picks on this years on the team.

I always questioned our defensive staff and HS recruiting. We are doing really well in Hs recruiting right now so that is being fixed.

The worst thing for us UF fans right now is seeing there is a good chance 2 of the 4 playoff teams are going to be our biggest rivals - GA and FSU.

Your coach really worked the portal good and seems to have high school going now so maybe you are good going forward. I think 2024 will definitely be a step back some year though for FSU.

Tenn ran Virginia out of the stadium, but UNC and FSU rook care of business.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT