ADVERTISEMENT

Wait a minute...we just broke loose for 106 on the road and there is not one post about it?!?!?

LSUs effort is so bad on defense we just broke the school record for 3's and almost tied the SEC record from 22 years ago..

while breaking the 25 year record exactly a week ago going 0-17.

nothing like playing the 233rd ranked defense in college basketball to get some confidence on the road before going to Oklahoma...

Reactions: fsu939913
Its LSU but that was nice hitting baskets like that. Hopefully it will carry over some to the Oklahoma game.

Great bounceback after 2 terrible offensive performances. While this was somewhat of an anomaly, it does show what this team is capable of and I'm they gained some confidence for the upcoming stretch of games. Excellent road win.

it would be nice to get open practice looks like that every night from outside.. LSU coach has to be fired any moment now

Basketball, like Baseball, runs in hot and cold streaks.
Unlike Football, a couple or a few losses won't kill a season.
That's why I said a few days ago that people needed to take a couple of deep breaths and settle down a bit with the constant raggin' on players and harping on coach White. :cool:

SF Robinson 9/15 24 Pt, 8 Rb, 5/8 3's, 1/1 FT 2 Ast, 1 TO, 1 Blk

SF Leon 4/8 15 Pt, 4 Rb, 3/6 3's, 4/4 FT, 2 TO.

PF/C Hayes 3/3 12 Pts, 6/7 FT, 2 Rb, 1 Ast, 2 TO, 3 Blk, 1 Stl

C Egbunu 4/6 11 Pts, 3/6 FT, 4 Rb, 1 Ast, 1 TO,

PG Hestre 5/5 16 Pt, 5/5 3's, 1/2 FT, 3 Rb, 4 Ast, 0 TO, 2 Stl, 17 Min

PG Chinozza 3/7 9 Pt, 3/6 3's, 5 Rb, 10 Ast, 1 TO, 1 Stl, 27 Min

PG Hill 3/8 6 Pt, 2 Rb, 3 Ast, 3 TO, 1 Stl, 26 Min - killer defense

3 PG's = 11/20 (55%), 31 Pts, 8/11 3's (72.7%), 10 Rb, 15 Ast, 4 TO, 4 Stl
(I guess it's really to bad that UF doesn't have a decent PG) :rolleyes:

1st Half - Team - 11/14 3's, (73.3%) -- Game 3's, UF Record 19/33 (57.6%)

UF 106 - 71 @ LSU -- Now, that's Road-Kill!

The Gators never scored 58 Pts in a first half of a conference game in 19 seasons (310 games) under Billy Donovan. It was the most points by a UF team in an SEC game in the last 46 years. :eek: The Perfect Storm!

The next game is important to get a decent win on the road against a team that's been playing better and should have actually won the last two games they just lost. Of course we always catch teams at the worst times when they come off brutal losses then come back home, and it's our former coach. Great luck we have with things like that....

the schedule doesn't get any easier after that

LSUs effort is so bad on defense we just broke the school record for 3's and almost tied the SEC record from 22 years ago..

while breaking the 25 year record exactly a week ago going 0-17.

nothing like playing the 233rd ranked defense in college basketball to get some confidence on the road before going to Oklahoma...

C'mon, give Florida a little bit of credit.
You have to be a capable enough team to hit 19 3-ptrs! That was the best performance in the SEC (in over 20 years) since Rick Pitino's 1995 Kentucky team rained in 20 3-ptrs also against LSU. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/recap?gameId=400910647

This was LSU's worst home defeat in 54 years when Miss St won way back in 1963, 99-86. Oh btw, LSU's AD Joe Alleva was their to witness it:
Florida 106 LSU 71.

I am sure this win will continue to fuel the Florida-LSU rivalry in any sport.

I mean yea, you still gotta hit em, like I said last night most college teams it's hard to hit that many open looks or not period... But LSU is really bad

lol..........thanks for posting this Sad. I watched the game. UF was struggling and only up 13-10, and I went and took a dump and did a couple of things around the house. 5 minutes later I came back and noticed it was 33-16. I guess after going O-Fer for 3's in the Vandy game LSU forgot to guard the 3 point line. It was raining 3's on them.

Reactions: miksta
lsu went to the bathroom too, for a season... LSU fans thought they would be better without simmons lol

Ooookee-hoe-ma....

Lon Kruger was a part of both games, one time as a winner, the other as the loser.

Okla has never beat a Gator B-Ball team.
1995 All College Tournament: Kurger's UF team 76 - 72 Okla in OT.

Lon Kruger has never beat a Gator team when coaching another team.
2000 NCAA Tourney - BillyD's UF team: 93 - 76 Kurger's Illini team.

The question becomes; can a combination of Kruger/Okla beat a Gator team?
We'll find at tomorrow starting at 2:30 PM in the Lloyd Nobel Center, OK.

Mike White's W/L records after 20 games in each of his first 2 seasons:
2015-16 - 13-7, 5-3 SEC -- Finished with the NIT and a 21 win season.
2016-17 - 15-5, 6-2 SEC -- Finished ??? projected to the NCAA-Tourney.

The Gators are coming off a road game @ LSU where 5 players hit at least 3, 3-Pt shots.
Three of those 5 are players that coach White brought in.

SF Robinson Jr - 5/8 .625
PG Chiozza Jr - 3/6 .500
-----
SF Justin Leon Sr - 3/6 .500
SG Allen So - 3/6 .500
PG Hester Fr - 5/5 1.000

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT