ADVERTISEMENT

Urban fired from Jags

I'm sure this made it worse. He hurt a kickers feelings. Pro athletes are such pwssies today and for the past several years. EFF Shahid Khan and the Jags. He's just another crappy owner like Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones.
On another note, Coach Napier will get his staff filled sooner rather than later.

Lambo said Meyer told him, "Hey Dips---, make your f---ing kicks!" and then kicked him in the leg. Lambo characterized the kick as a five out of 10 and then told the Tampa Bay Times he told Meyer: "Don't you ever f---ing kick me again!" Lambo said Meyer told him, "I'm the head ball coach. I'll kick you whenever the f--- I want."

Last edited:
I don't condone kicking your players, but this comes across like someone is trying to get out of paying Urban's buyout.

Though if this story is literally true as described, Urbs seems like a legit psycho.

Lambo is too much of a wuss to say it himself in front of the teams legal counsel so he has his agent snitch on Meyer.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Holy Moly! I just read that Tampa Bay Times article. Again, I don't know if it's all true. But those stories make Urban look like a lunatic.

'“He said, ‘When you responded to me out there on the practice field in front of everybody. If you have an issue and don’t like me kicking you, well, then, you keep that to yourself and you wait until after practice and after meetings and you come find me in the office and tell me privately.’ ”'

Right. How dare you complain when I KICK YOUR ASS! Reminds me of this (see the quote from the "Psychotic Boss Monster from Hell"):
c344e9305854a6ce6803b70920a805e0.jpg

Management decided they wanted him gone after he fingered a coed in public.

The whiny pussycat kicker assault and battery was the perfect excuse.

It's obvious what this was.

Probably for the best for Meyer that the Jags pulled the trigger.

It seems that his tenure was only a continual downward spiral in both his personal and professional life.

This firing is really doing him a favor.

He's still likely to have plenty of coaching opportunities for college fb, if he so chooses. Nobody is going to think he's less capable of coaching just because of the last year, bc the NFL is a different breed and he drew the short straw.

Probably for the best for Meyer that the Jags pulled the trigger.

It seems that his tenure was only a continual downward spiral in both his personal and professional life.

This firing is really doing him a favor.

He's still likely to have plenty of coaching opportunities for college fb, if he so chooses. Nobody is going to think he's less capable of coaching just because of the last year, bc the NFL is a different breed and he drew the short straw.

I think this is when Bienemy gets his shot. When you have Trevor Lawrence, you might want the guy that worked with Mahomes.

Urban was never going to succeed at the pro level. Just like Saban, he's a control freak. It never translates well in the League.
Pretty much. Always depends on the coaching style. Seems the college CEOs types don't translate well into the pros but the laid back type do. Kliff Kingsbury is doing well. Pete Carroll won ring and always has competes. Honestly Jim Harbaugh was good but got a raw deal.

In the pros it's mostly just having a top QB now and Meyer wasn't cut out to be there a few years while the Jags got their act together. The egos of these modern day players mean.coaches have to adapt some and find other ways to motivate them.

Reactions: gatordad3
If that punk-ass MF had kicked me in the leg, I wouldn't have told my agent, I'd have jumped up off the ground right then and decked him, then he could pimp me out for whoppin-his-sorry-ass.... 😤

After that, either the team could settle it out on the inside,,,, or our lawyers could....

If that punk-ass MF had kicked me in the leg, I wouldn't have told my agent, I'd have jumped up off the ground right then and decked him, then he could pimp me out for whoppin-his-sorry-ass.... 😤

After that, either the team could settle it out on the inside,,,, or our lawyers could....

To be fair, you should only hit him with a 5/10 punch.

He should've been fired after the bar incident. Lambo sounds like an emotional wuss. It's football.
There are two separate sports going on in football. Football, and kicking. Kickers are not football players (punters are closer than placekickers). Don't judge Lambo as a football player.

Now, had Meyer gone up and put the boot to a Dlineman, he might have been eating his teeth a few seconds later. Which is why he doesn't do that to anybody but the kickers. The old bully/coward scene.

Urb always had a bit of a slimy look to him, even before I heard about his cheap punkazz bully crap. Rumor was that he'd pop into player's rooms and throw full water bottles at their heads, at least until one of them bowed up at him, and then it stopped happening. Valid or not???

• Wow
Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
you really can't believe a word that comes out of Urban Liar's mouth. Earlier when asked about why the Jags best RB rode the bench for so long after a fumble when other's weren't treating the same, he said IDK ask the RB coach....now he's saying he ordered the benching and there was "miscommunication" about when to send him back in. LOL

you really can't believe a word that comes out of Urban Liar's mouth. Earlier when asked about why the Jags best RB rode the bench for so long after a fumble when other's weren't treating the same, he said IDK ask the RB coach....now he's saying he ordered the benching and there was "miscommunication" about when to send him back in. LOL
That whole jag thing is a circus.

Urb always had a bit of a slimy look to him, even before I heard about his cheap punkazz bully crap. Rumor was that he'd pop into player's rooms and throw full water bottles at their heads, at least until one of them bowed up at him, and then it stopped happening. Valid or not???
So you're an Urban Meyer hater but you love Butters McElwain and Dan Mullen?

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
While I’m sure Urbs would have no problem getting an HC job in college, he has some challenges now that he didn’t before.

The transfer portal and NIL have upended recruiting. It’s unclear how this plays out. And athletes won’t accept as much abuse from coaches.

And part of being a good recruiter and leader is being someone that people can respect and want to be associated with. Nick Saban may not be a big bag of charisma, but he exudes competence and self-control. Urb’s respectability has taken a hit since leaving Ohio State.

While I’m sure Urbs would have no problem getting an HC job in college, he has some challenges now that he didn’t before.

The transfer portal and NIL have upended recruiting. It’s unclear how this plays out. And athletes won’t accept as much abuse from coaches.

And part of being a good recruiter and leader is being someone that people can respect and want to be associated with. Nick Saban may not be a big bag of charisma, but he exudes competence and self-control. Urb’s respectability has taken a hit since leaving Ohio State.
Un-informed WeWe, did you miss his 2 year departure from UF??? 🙄

That didn’t stop him from getting the Ohio State job.
I'm not sure if he would get another Ohio State equivalent position today. At least not without some consideration regarding his mental health.

WeWe, I've seen live game pin-balls bounce around a lot less than that.... 😉

Urb tried to be a reincarnation of coaches like Woody Hayes.
That's mostly tolerated if you win NC's, but otherwise, not so much.
And in today's world, hardly at all, even if you manage to win with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT