ADVERTISEMENT

UGA Sports reporting Jimbo has agreed to the A&M job

You're taking this out of context and you know it. Mullen said it in regards to having a team of high quality individuals both on and off the field. Butch Jones said it as a last ditch effort to defend his losing team.
Was referring to Jones sarcastically...Wasn't even aware of Mullen's usage.

Heard from a reliable source that the Miami coaching staff does not like the idea of FSU getting Taggart and Cristobal...said they would be hell to compete with on the recruiting trail.
What staff isn’t, except for the nolie staff this year

Go Canes!

Heard from a reliable source that the Miami coaching staff does not like the idea of FSU getting Taggart and Cristobal...said they would be hell to compete with on the recruiting trail.

I agree Taggert and Cristobal would be good. But you have recruited at an elite level for the last 6 years and I believe Jimbo is a better coach than Taggert is. So I don’t get where this huge change would occur.

I agree Taggert and Cristobal would be good. But you have recruited at an elite level for the last 6 years and I believe Jimbo is a better coach than Taggert is. So I don’t get where this huge change would occur.

Taggert may not surpass JF but there's no doubt his assistants will surpass Jimbo"s.

Well at this point, to surpass Jimbo’s recruiting you have to top Saban or Meyer, wake me up when you do that.

If recruiting were the only factor you'd have been fine longterm with Mac since he was up to 10th last year.

JF was a really good recruiter but average coach.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Paco, Jimbo left because his bluff failed. As an insider to everything college football I would think you would know that?

I know we’ve given Lane Kiffin crap about talking his way into jobs he isn’t qualified for, but damn Jimbo just became the second highest paid coach in the county. Right behind Saban, and a 10 year deal.

Honestly, does ANYBODY here see him being above Meyer and Swinney and several others?

Got a feeling A&M is gonna have a serious case of buyers remorse in a year or two when 4 loss fisher shows up.

I know we’ve given Lane Kiffin crap about talking his way into jobs he isn’t qualified for, but damn Jimbo just became the second highest paid coach in the county. Right behind Saban, and a 10 year deal.

Honestly, does ANYBODY here see him being above Meyer and Swinney and several others?

Got a feeling A&M is gonna have a serious case of buyers remorse in a year or two when 4 loss fisher shows up.
He'll lose at least 3 next year looking at their schedule. A&M knows what they bought.

Funny how Swinney went from an idiot to one of the best coaches in cfb after hiring the right assistants.

I see Fisher being there 4 or 5 years and then bailing to the pros.

Last edited:
Poor guy HAD to leave....for the richest contract in the history of college coaches....

He'll be fine.

FSU needs to not fvck up this hire....they are pretty late to the table.

I think he is a top 3 coach

Fisher will do well at TAMU. People that think otherwise are kidding themselves. With that said, Aggie fans better temper expectations for 2018. It's going to take time to implement his offensive system and Fisher needs veterans to be able to execute his offense. Wouldn't surprise me if they go 7-5 next year. They'll be in a NY6 Bowl in 2020.

Vegas odds:

Willie Taggart -250
Justin Fuente +600
Jeff Brohm +1000
Dave Clawson +1000
Matt Campbell +1000
Lane Kiffen +1000
Scott Frost +1200
Charlie Strong +1400

Clawson would actually be intriguing if we miss on Taggart. Their offense jumped from #118 in 2016 to #33 this year. Please God anyone but Kiffen or Strong.

Please Kiffin, it would be a Christmas present. Not because I think he can’t coach...just because I hate him. He would be perfect at FSU.

It would suck if they got Charlie Strong, he might not be a great coach, but I like him.

I would love FSU to get a coach that I already hate.

Reactions: SeaPA and SKSnole
I need Kiffin on the sideline. Because he makes me angry.

And anger leads to hate.
Hatred leads to power.
Power leads to victory.
Let your anger flow through you.
Your hate will make you strong.

We will arise from the ashes, reborn, and will claim everything that rightfully is ours.

Starting with the Swamp. When was the last time players got hyped up about defending the Swamp?

So who bumps to #4?
Meyer, Saban, or Dabo?

Dabo not better than jimbo imo. He had way better assistants. When we had good assistants we beat them by 50 points at their house. I mean i guess i could see 3a and 3b. If i was starting a team, i would take Jimbo over dabo.

Dabo not better than jimbo imo. He had way better assistants. When we had good assistants we beat them by 50 points at their house. I mean i guess i could see 3a and 3b. If i was starting a team, i would take Jimbo over dabo.
Doesn't a smart coach surround himself by good assistant coaches? When a coach loses an assistant... doesn't a good coach usually find a replacement pretty quick. What impressed me about Dabo is when he lost Chad Morris (whom many claimed was the success behind Dabo's offense) he went on to win big, REAL BIG.

Think of all the coaches Urb and Saban have all over college scene. They pick up and brush it off. Yes Meyer did struggle with that for a minute at UF but he's learned.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Doesn't a smart coach surround himself by good assistant coaches? When a coach loses an assistant... doesn't a good coach usually find a replacement pretty quick. What impressed me about Dabo is when he lost Chad Morris (whom many claimed was the success behind Dabo's offense) he went on to win big, REAL BIG.

Think of all the coaches Urb and Saban have all over college scene. They pick up and brush it off. Yes Meyer did struggle with that for a minute at UF but he's learned.

All fair points. I think jimbos wife cheating on him messed with his head and made him value loyalty over good coaches. Pruitt left when jimbo was on a hunting trip. He had so much disloyalty over a 2 yr span i think it messed with him. I think he will have aTm up and running in 2 yrs. He will hire more assistants, better assistants and be back in the race.

All fair points. I think jimbos wife cheating on him messed with his head and made him value loyalty over good coaches. Pruitt left when jimbo was on a hunting trip. He had so much disloyalty over a 2 yr span i think it messed with him. I think he will have aTm up and running in 2 yrs. He will hire more assistants, better assistants and be back in the race.
Point well made... divorce (especially when cheating involved) has messed with a good many men I've known...women as well. It's just something hard I hate people experience.

Add in the factor that Jimbo has an ill son to worry about.

Reactions: fsu939913
I would love to know who that guy was that shoved that dude in the back twice for asking the loyalty question. What a douche he is. And how spot on was the guy who asked the question....couple days later Jimbo's gone, proved the guy's point. He should track that dude down and shove him a couple times.

He'll lose at least 3 next year looking at their schedule. A&M knows what they bought.

Funny how Swinney went from an idiot to one of the best coaches in cfb after hiring the right assistants.

I see Fisher being there 4 or 5 years and then bailing to the pros.
One of our ancestors was asked if he ever changed his mind. He said ,'sure when the facts change.' . I think opinions of Swinney fits that missive.

Last edited:
I would love to know who that guy was that shoved that dude in the back twice for asking the loyalty question. What a douche he is. And how spot on was the guy who asked the question....couple days later Jimbo's gone, proved the guy's point. He should track that dude down and shove him a couple times.
I agree throwing that guy out at the call in show was stupid for FSU. He should lose his job. However, if we don't get mad at players leaving early for the Pros (and I assume you don't) I can't see how we can fault a coach who wants to make more money. It is a business after all.

President Jimbo arrives for a state visit at College Station.

chqinxqcgvegz0ukirua.png

Yes. That's a red carpet and a band.

Here's the video.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT