ADVERTISEMENT

UGA Sports reporting Jimbo has agreed to the A&M job

Screen-Shot-2017-11-03-at-4.12.33-PM.png

Reactions: bradleygator
I will say what i say every year, i love jimbo, hope he stays, if he chooses to go, thx for the title

Oh no! Please don't take our currently 5-6 coach, who is making over $5 million a year, with a $40 million dollar buyout, away from us! Oh have mercy!

What was his buyout? A&M must be breaking the bank here. He is good but I don't think he is that good. Without Jameis he averaged about 3 losses even prior to this season.

What was his buyout? A&M must be breaking the bank here. He is good but I don't think he is that good. Without Jameis he averaged about 3 losses even prior to this season.

His buyout is only a few million if he chooses to leave.

It’s 40 million if they try to fire him.

Reactions: Gator Fever
His buyout is only a few million if he chooses to leave.

It’s 40 million if they try to fire him.

His buyout is actually buying out all of his assistant coaches. I could see him wanting to be near Houston for medical reasons. It makes sense. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes to TAMU.

ATM fans are going to expect national championships from him, but I don't see it happening. He mainly just out talented people at FSU in my opinion, but I don't see him recruiting as well at ATM.

The annual "threat" of leaving is getting old, and honestly rather ballsy when you're 5-6 and will have to play a last-minute-rescheduled cupcake in order to qualify for a toilet bowl.

To quote Tom Petty:
"[Jimbo], if you can do better than me, then go!"

His buyout is actually buying out all of his assistant coaches. I could see him wanting to be near Houston for medical reasons. It makes sense. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes to TAMU.

How does that make sense? Everything he needs medical is right here in tally, its why he didnt take the texas job or one of the reasons why he didnt.

Jimbo played exactly one game against the SEC West this year and got his team wrecked.
What makes you think he wants to be in that league? He won’t last a farting spell at atm.

jimbo once stepped in something and ended up winning a title....but jamie ain't coming back, and eventually even fsu will get tired of 2 loss minimum seasons....if he can get one more big pay day, I think he takes it.

jimbo once stepped in something and ended up winning a title....but jamie ain't coming back, and eventually even fsu will get tired of 2 loss minimum seasons....if he can get one more big pay day, I think he takes it.

Its like saying tebow isnt coming back so the gators will nvr win anything. Stupid.

Jimbo played exactly one game against the SEC West this year and got his team wrecked.
What makes you think he wants to be in that league? He won’t last a farting spell at atm.
Had no idea that Alabama was the entire sec west. No wonder Mullen bailed out of that league.

Jimbo beat Auburn for the title..... He has also dominated the SEC while at fsu

Jimbo also knows that historically the sec is a much tougher football league than the acc. Thus making wins and title shots harder to come by.

Yes he beat auburn, but auburn was probably the 3rd best SEC team that year and used two literal miracles to get in the title game. Auburn also should have put that game away in the first half but kept shooting themselves in the foot.

The SEC has been down the last few years, but as we speak one program just hired a new coach and 5 more are in the hiring process. Mediocrity isn’t tolerated. There aren’t many dukes or wake forests or Virginia’s in the SEC.

Jimbo won’t be the big dog in the sec the way FSU is in the acc

Jimbo also knows that historically the sec is a much tougher football league than the acc. Thus making wins and title shots harder to come by.

Yes he beat auburn, but auburn was probably the 3rd best SEC team that year and used two literal miracles to get in the title game. Auburn also should have put that game away in the first half but kept shooting themselves in the foot.

The SEC has been down the last few years, but as we speak one program just hired a new coach and 5 more are in the hiring process. Mediocrity isn’t tolerated. There aren’t many dukes or wake forests or Virginia’s in the SEC.

Jimbo won’t be the big dog in the sec the way FSU is in the acc

I hate to sound this way, but the ACC has been a better conference than the SEC for 3 straight yrs. The ACC was always lacking great coaches, its not anymore. I view the leagues very similar. SEC has VANDY, KENTUCKY, MIZZ, and Ark...... all of those are trash on a normal basis, then you have Ole Miss and MIss st that are normally trash but get spikes here and there. UF has not been relevant in 10 yrs, Jimbo has molly whopped them for what, 7 or 8 yrs? That has been one of the easiest games on our schedule, for comparison, Duke and Wake Forest, actually played us better than UF, hell Boston College gave us the beat down of a lifetime. People who think the SEC is so much tougher is living in the past, the SEC is not as good as it once was, and the ACC is much better. I watch both conferences religiously and are very good conferences. One is not easier than the other in my opinion, ACC has been slightly better as of late

I hate to sou. this way, but the ACC has been a better conference than the SEC for 3 straight yrs. The ACC was always lacking great coaches, its not anymore. I view the leagues very similar. SEC has VANDY, KENTUCKY, MIZZ, and Ark...... all of those are trash on a normal basis, then you have Ole Miss and MIss st that are normally trash but get spikes here and there. UF has not been relevant in 10 yrs, Jimbo has molly whopped them for what, 7 or 8 yrs? That has been one of the easiest games on our schedule, for comparison, Duke and Wake Forest, actually played us better than UF, hell Boston College gave us the beat down of a lifetime. People who think the SEC is so much tougher is living in the past, the SEC is not as good as it once was, and the ACC is much better. I watch both conferences religiously and are very good conferences. One is not easier than the other in my opinion, ACC has been slightly better as of late
Sec was way better for several years but that changed recently. Acc pulled even in 2015, acc was better in 2016, and sec is slightly better this year. Until Florida, Tenn and Lsu get back to top 15 status acc will continue to be even.

Sec was way better for several years but that changed recently. Acc pulled even in 2015, acc was better in 2016, and sec is slightly better this year. Until Florida, Tenn and Lsu get back to top 15 status acc will continue to be even.

I pulled up the stats on it before, dont have the energy/time to do it again. Bama has carried the conference for at least 5 yrs on its back. I would say from 2013 and on its been even

? 3 times? Is that how many times he's held the administration at gunpoint for a raise or do you mean useless ACC titles? lol Will it be 4? (and no, no title this year)

4 titles total if you include the natty. "holding them hostage" he makes 6 mill a yr lol he gets incentive based raises(winning ACC champ, 10 win season, natty, etc) Jimbo has been great for FSU, he wants facilities, dorms, indoor practice facility, academic center, support staff, etc... Its everything but holding them hostage, dont let whiny fans fake news you

4 titles total if you include the natty. "holding them hostage" he makes 6 mill a yr lol he gets incentive based raises(winning ACC champ, 10 win season, natty, etc) Jimbo has been great for FSU, he wants facilities, dorms, indoor practice facility, academic center, support staff, etc... Its everything but holding them hostage, dont let whiny fans fake news you
I dunno. The SOW just doesn't have Texas or Alabama dollars. I don't think he's going to bank rob them again this year with that trash he put on the field this year. That's no slight to the players, I'm talking about coaching.

Reactions: CompuGator
I pulled up the stats on it before, dont have the energy/time to do it again. Bama has carried the conference for at least 5 yrs on its back. I would say from 2013 and on its been even
Sec was 7-4 In 13, 3-5 in 14, 6-4 in 15, 4-10 in 16 and 5-4 this year. So certainly even since 14, but last year acc was way better. Best year ever for acc vs sec. Since 1953 only 10 times has acc had a winning record against sec and 2 of those in last 4 seasons. So yeah, its even. But the sec has some nc programs down recently. Those get back up and it will tilt back.

Reactions: 96FSU
And that’s my point. The SEC programs are all making moves now that will theoretically put the football world back in order. Historically the SEC is a far superior football league.

Simply not true.

Jimbo has been in the ACC for 8 years. He has won the ACC Championship twice.

That is not a "big dog."
Ha! Maybe you’re right. But they should be.

Either way at FSU he’s not looking up at Bama, Auburn and LSU in his division or playing Florida, Georgia and Tennessee to win a title. Not that many name brand programs in the acc. (Assuming UF and UT can return to power)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT