ADVERTISEMENT

Two children in Mississippi on ventilators with Delta variant of Covid.

What about the opinion of your peers, or CDC guidance? We respect
The difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated is jarring. We have a bit of an uptick here, but it doesn't sound as bad as where you are. Pretty much everyone who's been hospitalized has been unvaccinated. The only case of a vaccinated patient is a 90 year old end stage dementia patients on hospice. We don't think she's even here for COVID though, as she came in with delirium and hypernatremia probably from an UTI as she has no respiratory symptoms.

I completely agree that this is pretty much a preventable disease at this point, or at least the severe symptomatic cases are preventable. As a physician I still have a professional responsibility to educate and push people to get vaccinated, but I no longer feel as much of a moral/social obligation to push for prevention/mitigation measures like vaccines and to a lesser extent masks.

Thus, for those who don't want the vaccine, I say you do you. The information is clear, and the message from healthcare professionals across both sides of the political divide is consistent. You're free to choose what to do to your own body, just don't blame anyone but yourself for the consequences.

One side note, and this is worth repeating. Death is not the only bad thing that can happen in COVID. So many survivors are so debilitated for so long. If you require anything more than a couple days of hospitalization, chances are it's gonna be months at least until you fully recover, if you ever do. So bear this in mind when you're thinking about the risks vs. benefits of getting vaccinated.
100% agree. I said before that there are many people disabled by this disease. Other posters scoffed at that comment. In addition to the pain and suffering, the economic impact of having the virus can be devastating.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
100% agree. I said before that there are many people disabled by this disease. Other posters scoffed at that comment. In addition to the pain and suffering, the economic impact of having the virus can be devastating.

Why am I quoted? You didn’t answer the question.

Reactions: instaGATOR
The wheat grass tofu guy part owned me. Well done.

I believe in moderation, daily exercise and regular visits to my doctor. I don't believe in trends, quick fixes or extreme measures. I wasn't always so disciplined and it required a change in lifestyle...which is hard. Almost all things that are worthwhile are hard.
I don't believe in trends either, but I do believe in science!

The difference between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated is jarring. We have a bit of an uptick here, but it doesn't sound as bad as where you are. Pretty much everyone who's been hospitalized has been unvaccinated. The only case of a vaccinated patient is a 90 year old end stage dementia patients on hospice. We don't think she's even here for COVID though, as she came in with delirium and hypernatremia probably from an UTI as she has no respiratory symptoms.

I completely agree that this is pretty much a preventable disease at this point, or at least the severe symptomatic cases are preventable. As a physician I still have a professional responsibility to educate and push people to get vaccinated, but I no longer feel as much of a moral/social obligation to push for prevention/mitigation measures like vaccines and to a lesser extent masks.

Thus, for those who don't want the vaccine, I say you do you. The information is clear, and the message from healthcare professionals across both sides of the political divide is consistent. You're free to choose what to do to your own body, just don't blame anyone but yourself for the consequences.

One side note, and this is worth repeating. Death is not the only bad thing that can happen in COVID. So many survivors are so debilitated for so long. If you require anything more than a couple days of hospitalization, chances are it's gonna be months at least until you fully recover, if you ever do. So bear this in mind when you're thinking about the risks vs. benefits of getting vaccinated.
Good post, thanks for sharing. I love the personal responsibility angle, that's how medical decisions should be made.

I think people are starting to question these vaccines based on knowns though.

I posted yesterday a British health official trying to explain why 60% of hospitalizations are from fully vaccinated people...he since retracted it and said the 60% was from unvaccinated people. That's better, but if you're thinking independently that means 40% are vaccinated. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ital-covid-19-england-fully-vaccinated-video/

You have now 7 vaccinated people with Covid (some symptomatic) from the dems running from Texas.

Combine that with the issues some people have had, according to the CDC itself, it makes the math harder for someone who is concerned about what's in the vaccines.

The more these stories pop up, it hurts the idea that we will:
1) Ever get past Covid
2) Can take the shot and feel safe from Covid
3) Can justify taking the risks of the shot because it'll keep me out of the hospital

Hell even a doc on here has a critical patient that may have been triggered by the vaccine. It's scary, it isn't a normal vaccine and no one is responsible if you get sick or die. But I also know if I get sick or die of Covid I have no one to blame but myself.

I'm still leaning towards J&J but it's getting harder to find. I wish they'd approve the Novavax.

Reactions: jfegaly
Good post, thanks for sharing. I love the personal responsibility angle, that's how medical decisions should be made.

I posted yesterday a British health official trying to explain why 60% of hospitalizations are from fully vaccinated people...he since retracted it and said the 60% was from unvaccinated people. That's better, but if you're thinking independently that means 40% are vaccinated. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ital-covid-19-england-fully-vaccinated-video/

You have now 7 vaccinated people with Covid (some symptomatic) from the dems running from Texas.

Combine that with the issues some people have had, according to the CDC itself, it makes the math harder for someone who is concerned about what's in the vaccines.

1) Ever get past Covid
3) Can justify taking the risks of the shot because it'll keep me out of the hospital

Hell even a doc on here has a critical patient that may have been triggered by the vaccine. It's scary, it isn't a normal vaccine and no one is responsible if you get sick or die. But I also know if I get sick or die of Covid I have no one to blame but myself.

I'm still leaning towards J&J but it's getting harder to find. I wish they'd approve the Novavax.
We may never really be past Covid. I believe that if you are not vaccinated it is just a matter of time until you get the virus. Most will still be ok but too many will die or be disabled.
You can get the shot and feel safe from Covid. For now. The current shots are very effective at preventing illness even from the present variants. Those not immunized will be a breeding ground for new variants.
The risks of the shot is minuscule compared to the risk of Covid. Plus the added benefit that you will protect others around you.
I am recommending the Pfizer and Modern vaccines for my patients.
Not aware of anyone saying the vaccine trigger an infection. That’s not going to happen.

We may never really be past Covid. I believe that if you are not vaccinated it is just a matter of time until you get the virus. Most will still be ok but too many will die or be disabled.
You can get the shot and feel safe from Covid. For now. The current shots are very effective at preventing illness even from the present variants. Those not immunized will be a breeding ground for new variants.
The risks of the shot is minuscule compared to the risk of Covid. Plus the added benefit that you will protect others around you.
Not aware of anyone saying the vaccine trigger an infection. That’s not going to happen.
Again, square your statement above with the most recent information from the British health ministry (as well as anecdotes from the Olympics, MLB, the Texas lawmakers, etc.). I know GP is biased, but I listened to the man myself.

And why don't you recommend J&J?

Lastly, I'm not sure who you're replying to in your last statement, I understand enough about the vaccines to know that's not how they work.

Phuck that dangerous vaccine with the plethora of unknown long term adverse affects....

IF this doctor was the only one, then maybe,,,,

https://www.oann.com/houston-doctor-successfully-treated-over-20k-patients-with-hydroxychloroquine/

,,, but doctors from all over the country are doing the same and getting the same kinds of cure rate results.

https://vaccineimpact.com/2020/cali...patients-with-covid-using-hydroxychloroquine/

When the corrupt troll vaccine pushers can't argue the science or the actual patient outcomes, then they will invariably try to discredit the individuals that are providing the cure instead.... So Typical of them.
=====

So now the AMA has come out and finally said that early treatment of COVID patients with hydroxychloroquine, Z pack and Zinc can be beneficial to curing COVID.
This is after nine months of a nationwide ban of its use.

Hydroxychloroquine or HCQ is a drug that has been used for 50 years for various things like arthritis and malaria, Why was HCQ banned you ask? Simply because President Trump mentioned that it "could be" helpful in saving lives and protecting people from getting COVID.

So that means the media, Fauci, the Democrats, all the governors who banned its use caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of American lives because they hated President Trump. They all lied and Americans died.

Some doctors said it didn't help even though many doctors testified before Congress that it did help people recover and prevented people from getting it. These doctors testified before Congress and the Senate and were flat out attacked for their views - views that were provable. One hundred clinical studies that proved it helped were ignored. President Trump was right and tried to save those lives but the before mentioned wouldn't help and walked away.
Read the entire article here:

Again, square your statement above with the most recent information from the British health ministry (as well as anecdotes from the Olympics, MLB, the Texas lawmakers, etc.). I know GP is biased, but I listened to the man myself.

And why don't you recommend J&J?

Lastly, I'm not sure who you're replying to in your last statement, I understand enough about the vaccines to know that's not how they work.
I do not know enough about the UK experience. There is conflicting reports that contradict each other. I’m not saying you can not be infected after getting the vaccine. The vast majority will not have a significant infection if they get it. Still better to be vaccinated than not.
Personal opinion re: J and J shot. If it were the only one I’d recommend it as it is still safe and effective. It just seems that the other two are safer and more effective.
Noy sure what you mean how vaccines work. If you do know then you realize that you can not get the virus from getting the shot. Physically not possible.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
Just got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine today. I had to see my doctor about my back. First, the nurse came in and tried to sell me on it, and than my doctor came in and we had a lengthy discussion about it, I told him to bring back the nurse and give me the shot before I change my mind.

Just got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine today. I had to see my doctor about my back. First, the nurse came in and tried to sell me on it, and than my doctor came in and we had a lengthy discussion about it, I told him to bring back the nurse and give me the shot before I change my mind.
You’ll be sore tonight but it’s worth it.

Reactions: Ncgatr1

I can't help but wonder why people always leave out "those with antibodies."

Maybe it's an oversight??? Or maybe everyone, with or without antibodies, needs to just STFU and get the vaccine simply because people like you say so.

Been trying to find an update on this. Anyone?

I have to assume they recovered, if not the news would be all over it. Let’s pray thats the case

Reactions: fatman76
I can't help but wonder why people always leave out "those with antibodies."

Maybe it's an oversight??? Or maybe everyone, with or without antibodies, needs to just STFU and get the vaccine simply because people like you say so.
Recommendations are that even if you had the virus you should get the vaccine. It is true that the virus gives you antibodies and that is protective. Just not clear how effective or for how long that lasts. Someone who had the virus may be as safe as someone immunized. They may feel as safe to be out and about. I think that’s a good argument against needing proof of immunization. Personally, I had the virus snd I gladly got the shots.

Recommendations are that even if you had the virus you should get the vaccine. It is true that the virus gives you antibodies and that is protective. Just not clear how effective or for how long that lasts. Someone who had the virus may be as safe as someone immunized. They may feel as safe to be out and about. I think that’s a good argument against needing proof of immunization. Personally, I had the virus snd I gladly got the shots.
I had the virus and my doctor said I didn’t need the shot because of it. How often will those getting the shot need the shot again? Right now the perception is the shot is a one time deal but people that have had the virus keep being told “well your antibodies might go away” but there is no evidence of that. In fact everything I have read has stated the shot doesn’t give the already infected any additional benefits and while antibody levels may decrease over time they don’t necessarily go away. I’m baffled at the inconsistent messaging from the medical community about natural immunization and how a synthetic shot developed in less than a year is allegedly stronger than someone’s natural vaccination.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I had the virus and my doctor said I didn’t need the shot because of it. How often will those getting the shot need the shot again? Right now the perception is the shot is a one time deal but people that have had the virus keep being told “well your antibodies might go away” but there is no evidence of that. In fact everything I have read has stated the shot doesn’t give the already infected any additional benefits and while antibody levels may decrease over time they don’t necessarily go away. I’m baffled at the inconsistent messaging from the medical community about natural immunization and how a synthetic shot developed in less than a year is allegedly stronger than someone’s natural vaccination.
I first recommend you talk with your own doctor. If you trust him/her that’s most important. The studies show the immunity is boosted after the shot even in those already recovered from Covid. At least with the shot you know you are covered. Some who get infected may have a small viral load and therefore not develop an adequate response. Time will tell if a booster will be recommended. Right now it is not.

I do not know enough about the UK experience. There is conflicting reports that contradict each other. I’m not saying you can not be infected after getting the vaccine. The vast majority will not have a significant infection if they get it. Still better to be vaccinated than not.
Personal opinion re: J and J shot. If it were the only one I’d recommend it as it is still safe and effective. It just seems that the other two are safer and more effective.
Noy sure what you mean how vaccines work. If you do know then you realize that you can not get the virus from getting the shot. Physically not possible.
Conflicting? It was a British health ministry press conference. He spent 5 minutes explaining why 60% of hospitalizations were two-shot vaccinated one day, then the next said he misspoke and it was actually 40%. So it's either 40% or 60% according to the British health authorities, neither number is very reassuring. A little over half the population there has had two doses.

And I don't know why were even discussing whether or not vaccines give you Covid....who ever said that?

Reactions: fsumc
If I actually get the intentionally spread Communist Chinese military weapons Wuhan lab Kung Flu,,,, and then I get cured of it in 2 to 5 days with the HCQ Cocktail, do I still need to take multiple doses of all 3 of the various vaccines to be acccepted by the village idiots that are pushing it?

Or should I just keep the HCQ and take it again if any reinfection occurs?
Asking for a friend....
😎

1) Ever get past Covid

I think all 3 things you want is achievable. We can't eliminate COVID, but with vaccines we can reduce its level of impact to that of the flu, potentially even less.

I have to disagree with the statement that this vaccine is different from other vaccines, at least for the patients. It's rate of complications is really no higher than the average vaccine.

There is only one answer to your question, which is that no one knows with any significant degree of certainty. We don't have enough good quality data on the question you asked, but rest assured that it's being investigated.

I haven't kept up to see if there's inconsistent messaging on this, but if there is, it must be from doctors who think they know more than what there is to know at this point.

Well about 27 hours after taking the vaccine I have started to get nauseated and puke. Maybe I shouldn’t have gotten the shot.

Last edited:

And as a doctor, you're good with that recommendation?

I realize that you had covid and have covid antibodies but I still recommend that you get vaccinated...so that you can develop antibodies...because no one knows how long your natural antibodies will last...even though we also don't know how long your vaccination antibodies will last.

That is asinine friend. That sounds a lot like what I said..."you should do it because we've said you should do it."

I support the choice you made. I do not support the "logic" however. I'm not anti-vaccine but I am anti-bull$hit.

Reactions: fsumc and jfegaly
Serious question...has there ever been another virus where the medical community recommended that people who 1) have recovered from the virus and 2) developed antibodies to defend against the virus should then get vaccinated against said virus?

Maybe there has been, I have no idea. But honestly that sounds nuts.

Reactions: fsumc
And as a doctor, you're good with that recommendation?

I realize that you had covid and have covid antibodies but I still recommend that you get vaccinated...so that you can develop antibodies...because no one knows how long your natural antibodies will last...even though we also don't know how long your vaccination antibodies will last.

That is asinine friend. That sounds a lot like what I said..."you should do it because we've said you should do it."

I support the choice you made. I do not support the "logic" however. I'm not anti-vaccine but I am anti-bull$hit.
I am “good” with protecting my patients and protecting the community in general. Blanket immunization including those who have had the virus is the best way to ensure herd immunity. If it means over doing it in some with no detrimental effect, so be it. We saw the numbers improve so much with the onset of the vaccine program. Now the variants are rising largely due to the spread in unimmunized individuals.

I think all 3 things you want is achievable. We can't eliminate COVID, but with vaccines we can reduce its level of impact to that of the flu, potentially even less.

I have to disagree with the statement that this vaccine is different from other vaccines, at least for the patients. It's rate of complications is really no higher than the average vaccine.
Can you cite data on this please?

Only asking because the only data I can find comes to a complete opposite conclusion (at least in the short term, I'm not sure we know much about long term effects).

I am “good” with protecting my patients and protecting the community in general. Blanket immunization including those who have had the virus is the best way to ensure herd immunity. If it means over doing it in some with no detrimental effect, so be it. We saw the numbers improve so much with the onset of the vaccine program. Now the variants are rising largely due to the spread in unimmunized individuals.
So explain something to me like I'm 5. I keep hearing variants are coming from the unvaccinated - but isn't a variant a genetic mutation of a virus? In other words, the virus is trying to do it's job and through the process of natural selection is mutating to survive.

So using the Delta variant as an example - did that mutation occur in one person somewhere and take off because it's more virulent and vaccine resistant (it looks like the data from Israel indicates Pfizer is 95% effective against Alpha but only 64% effective against Delta)? Or did that same mutation happen in thousands of people simultaneously?

And if this variant is so much better at being vaccine resistant and it's still infecting the vaccinated, doesn't that mean that variants could be forming in the vaccinated as well?

source on Israel numbers:
https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus...n-in-israels-outbreak-among-vaccinated-people

Definitely not an expert on viruses, I’ll answer based on what I remember from school 30 years ago.
Viruses replicate rapidly so there may be millions of viruses produced in a short time. Some of them will have errors in the RNA or DNA. Some of those go no where and die. Some survive and may be more infective than the previous version. I believe something such as the Delta variant probably can occur more than once so it would not have started in just one person.
I suppose it is likely that the mutation can occur in any host, even one vaccinated if they have been infected.

Definitely not an expert on viruses, I’ll answer based on what I remember from school 30 years ago.
Viruses replicate rapidly so there may be millions of viruses produced in a short time. Some of them will have errors in the RNA or DNA. Some of those go no where and die. Some survive and may be more infective than the previous version. I believe something such as the Delta variant probably can occur more than once so it would not have started in just one person.
I suppose it is likely that the mutation can occur in any host, even one vaccinated if they have been infected.
If you are correct. That is the best explanation I have understood yet.

Two children in Mississippi on ventilators with Delta variant of Covid.
Not my patients. But it’s the first time I’ve heard of two pediatric ventilated Covid patients and they’re both Delta variant. I don’t necessarily draw conclusions yet, you can draw your own conclusions from that but it is worrisome

None of the doc-tors here seem to want to address the HCQ Cocktail being given in the 1st week of symptoms, and the results of doing it.

Were any of those infected kids given the HCQ Cocktail?
And if not, then why not???

Reactions: nail1988
@gator1776

This is the type of stuff folks need to be showing Americans. Not just saying “the vaccines are safe”. What this says to me? There are risks to both the vax and covid. IF (emphasis on IF) this is all that comes of the vax risks, then its a risk v reward and would probably lean towards vax being safer bet currently. Then everyone could make educated choices. As it stands now, all we hear are the vaccines are completely safe.

What I would really like to see in the report (maybe it’s there and I can’t find it) us how many shots have been administered

Be COMPLETELY honest with folks and let them decide.

Last edited:
I had Covid in November and I'm getting over it a 2nd time now. This time was more cold like symptoms than the first. I still had the neuro symptoms...anxiety, tingling in extremities, and fatigue. I will say my symptoms were milder this time around. Suffice it to say, the antibodies only last so long. I'd say it's that way with the vaccine as well. I'm not sure what the right answers are, but Covid19 is here to stay. I really didn't want to get the vaccine but it's something I may consider in the future now that I know I'm not immune.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT