ADVERTISEMENT

Top Performers/Takeaways from FNL

CJ Clarke

Rowdy Reptile
Apr 10, 2018
Evan Stewart was in a league of his own at WR. Stewart is extremely advanced as a route runner at this stage of his career and reminds me of guys like Devonta Smith and Calvin Ridley how he consistently beats DB’s off the line and then effortlessly accelerates past them.

It was my first time seeing Nick Evers throw in person and his arm talent is special. The ball jumps of his hands with natural velocity and an insane amount of RPM’s. He has a beautiful deep ball and can make every throw in the book. He is a top 5-7 QB in the class imo.

Jamarrien Burt looked much better than I expected. He’s a legit 6’-6’1 with long arms and lean frame. Was very physical at the line and showed good speed. I can see why they took him after seeing his individual workout.

Julian Humphrey is FAST. He is a little stiff in the hips right now but is big, physical and can really run.

2023 WR Ayden Williams from Mississippi who was just offered by UF last night is a stud. Nice frame at 6’2 (may be taller) and smooth, I don’t think he lost a rep the entire night.

2025 QB Colin Hurley from Trinity Christian Academy in Jax is a name to watch closely. He’s still very young but is extremely advanced for his age. When I watched the QB’s throw his ball looked almost identical to that of Nick Evers. Effortless velocity, high RPM’s and very good accuracy. Florida offered after an excellent camp performance.

Shemar James is an impressive athlete. Looked much bigger in person than I expected him to and has no problem running with running backs and tight ends. He’s extremely smooth and has impressive change of direction for someone his size.

Azareyeh Thomas is a very impressive athlete at his size. Every bit of 6’2-6’3 with very long arms and good change of direction for someone his size. He flips his hips well and has excellent ball skills.

New 2023 WR commit Raymond Cottrell is physically impressive. He is a big physical receiver with strong hands and did a great job of making contested catches and actually separated a bit better than I expected him to when going through 1on1’s

Local product Quan Lee was very impressive winning just about every rep he took, running good routes and displaying good hands. He’s not a big receiver but he finds a way to get open and make plays on a consistent basis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News