ADVERTISEMENT

Top Democrats Warming Up To Denying GOP A Chance To Leverage Debt Limit

Well, the House just voted 225-201 to pass this monstrosity. Hearing that over half voted by proxy (in abstentia, essentially).

In absentia because of the weather today and they want to get home for Xmas...So?

More fuel for the inflation fire.

So what do you propose? Having no government budget at all?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ovember-according-to-key-gauge-watched-by-fed
Inflation declined to 5.5% in November, according to key gauge watched by Fed
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
December 23, 2022 08:34 AM

Adds to our national debt.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-he...litics-covid-d36ac4d38bcebb8a300d3fa1f1381623
Deficit figures set up competing visions from Biden and GOP
By JOSH BOAK
October 21, 2022

The budget figures released Friday by the Treasury Department reveal dueling visions about what it means to be financially responsible: Biden can rightly claim that the budget deficit for fiscal 2022 plunged $1.4 trillion from the prior year; critics can use the same report to say that forgiving education loans pushed up the federal debt by roughly $400 billion as the government booked the full expense.

Buried in the numbers is a deeper battle between Democrats and Republicans about what it means to be good financial stewards. The federal budget deficit totaled $1.38 trillion this year. That’s down from $2.78 trillion in fiscal 2021 —and it’s a message that Biden wants to sell to voters going into the midterm elections.

He also went on the offensive with his economic message, saying Republican plans to undo his policies and preserve expiring tax cuts that favor the wealthy would ultimately push up budget deficits.

“Put it all together and the Republican plan would add about $3 trillion to the deficit -- $3 trillion,” the president said. “Adding another $3 trillion to the deficit is reckless, it’s irresponsible, and it would make inflation worse.”

In absentia because of the weather today and they want to get home for Xmas...So?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ovember-according-to-key-gauge-watched-by-fed

https://apnews.com/article/biden-he...litics-covid-d36ac4d38bcebb8a300d3fa1f1381623
By JOSH BOAK
October 21, 2022

The budget figures released Friday by the Treasury Department reveal dueling visions about what it means to be financially responsible: Biden can rightly claim that the budget deficit for fiscal 2022 plunged $1.4 trillion from the prior year; critics can use the same report to say that forgiving education loans pushed up the federal debt by roughly $400 billion as the government booked the full expense.

Buried in the numbers is a deeper battle between Democrats and Republicans about what it means to be good financial stewards. The federal budget deficit totaled $1.38 trillion this year. That’s down from $2.78 trillion in fiscal 2021 —and it’s a message that Biden wants to sell to voters going into the midterm elections.

He also went on the offensive with his economic message, saying Republican plans to undo his policies and preserve expiring tax cuts that favor the wealthy would ultimately push up budget deficits.

“Put it all together and the Republican plan would add about $3 trillion to the deficit -- $3 trillion,” the president said. “Adding another $3 trillion to the deficit is reckless, it’s irresponsible, and it would make inflation worse.”

what-are-you-talking-about-huh.gif

"No comprende" must be malone's middle name...

The article is about removing the extremist right wing option of taking the country hostage and shutting down the government (something which the crazy right wing is prone to do)

Compromise !!! Yea !!!

The spineless jellyfish that is Kevin McCarthy will have to deal with the crazies in the GOP all on his own next year but they can't play domestic terrorist with the funding this year

By JOSH BOAK
October 21, 2022

I mentioned previously they should have / could have taken care of this months ago.

I would have preferred a continuing resolution to temporarily fund the government until the GOP-led House could straighten out this mess.

I see you swallow the Administration’s talking points about the deficit delivered through the media.

"No comprende" must be malone's middle name...

The article is about removing the extremist right wing option of taking the country hostage and shutting down the government (something which the crazy right wing is prone to do)

Compromise !!! Yea !!!

The spineless jellyfish that is Kevin McCarthy will have to deal with the crazies in the GOP all on his own next year but they can't play domestic terrorist with the funding this year
Dems shut down the government in 2018 because Trump wanted $5 billion to build a border wall, but I’m sure you cheered that domestic terrorist action.

I mentioned previously they should have / could have taken care of this months ago.

I would have preferred a continuing resolution to temporarily fund the government until the GOP-led House could straighten out this mess.

I see you swallow the Administration’s talking points about the deficit delivered through the media.

We know what you would have preferred but as conservatives love to say "Elections have consequences" and the winners of the last election are still in power

To bad for you 🤣

Beat me to it. It only counts when the Republicans do it.

#hypocrisy

No...I said the following:

(something which the crazy right wing is prone to do)

Meaning more likely to do...which is the historical case

#LearnSomething About AmericanHistory

We know what you would have preferred but as conservatives love to say "Elections have consequences" and the winners of the last election are still in power

To bad for you 🤣
I disagree with at least 90% of what the Democrat Party stands for, but i grudgingly have to admit that when they are in power they at least move the ball down the field, even though it’s in the wrong direction IMO.

The GOP Congress back in the 90s when Gingrich was speaker and Dick Armey was majority leader did some great things but since then the GOP hasn’t hardly done shit when they are in the majority.

Reactions: RayGravesGhost
I disagree with at least 90% of what the Democrat Party stands for, but i grudgingly have to admit that when they are in power they at least move the ball down the field, even though it’s in the wrong direction IMO.

The GOP Congress back in the 90s when Gingrich was speaker and Dick Armey was majority leader did some great things but since then the GOP hasn’t hardly done shit when they are in the majority.

Government doing less, spending less, outside of its intended mandate???

I'll have that.

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
As it was predicted ...So shall it be done 🤣

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-passes-trillion-spending-bill-help-republicans
Senate passes $1.7 trillion spending bill with help from Republicans
The mammoth bill keeps government funded until end of September 2023
I just learned something interesting....buried in this bill is a tiny provision that changes the Vice President's ability to send electors back to the state's to recount them.

You know, the thing Trump wanted Pence to do and he and everyone else claimed the VP couldn't do it.

Then why did they change the language? Our President Trump proven right once again.

• Haha
Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
I just learned something interesting....buried in this bill is a tiny provision that changes the Vice President's ability to send electors back to the state's to recount them.

You know, the thing Trump wanted Pence to do and he and everyone else claimed the VP couldn't do it.

Then why did they change the language? Our President Trump proven right once again.

Because the language wasn't clear enough for the coup insurrectionists... they're kinda dumb like that 🤣

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT