ADVERTISEMENT

Top Democrats Warming Up To Denying GOP A Chance To Leverage Debt Limit

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
One less way for the trump house to hold a gun to the head of America...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/top-democrats-warming-denying-gop-234502527.html
Jonathan Nicholson
Sun, November 13, 2022 at 6:45 PM·4 min read

Democratic congressional leaders signaled Sunday they’re willing to consider raising the federal debt limit during the upcoming lame-duck session of Congress, while both chambers of Congress remain safely in Democratic hands.

Dealing with the debt limit now instead of only a few weeks or days before the Treasury Department is projected to run out of borrowing room would be a break from Congress’ past pattern. But it also would let Democrats deprive Republicans of the chance to leverage it in the next two years if they win the House by holding an increase hostage for GOP priorities.

“We’ll see what they contend that they want to do. But our best shot I think is to do it now,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said on ABC’s “This Week With George Stephanopoulos.

“Again, winning the Senate gave us a lot of leverage for how we go forward if we don’t do it in the lame duck. But my hope would be that we could get it done in the lame duck.”

Jonathan Nicholson

Democratic congressional leaders signaled Sunday they’re willing to consider raising the federal debt limit during the upcoming lame-duck session of Congress, while both chambers of Congress remain safely in Democratic hands.

Dealing with the debt limit now instead of only a few weeks or days before the Treasury Department is projected to run out of borrowing room would be a break from Congress’ past pattern. But it also would let Democrats deprive Republicans of the chance to leverage it in the next two years if they win the House by holding an increase hostage for GOP priorities.

“We’ll see what they contend that they want to do. But our best shot I think is to do it now,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said on ABC’s “This Week With George Stephanopoulos.

“Again, winning the Senate gave us a lot of leverage for how we go forward if we don’t do it in the lame duck. But my hope would be that we could get it done in the lame duck.”
Dims LOVE to run up the debt to make others pay for their poorly ran states

Jonathan Nicholson

Democrats warming up to spending money we don't have? Well now...that is breaking news.

Look we have a line of trump supporters who are upset they can be deadbeats like their grifter boss and his BFF... 🤣

740af27f-0370-4048-9afb-650121115fc4-jumbo9x16_PhotoJul2551413PM.jpg

This is a shitty way to run the American people’s business. This could have / should have been done back in October. But no…. Don’t want to make any tough votes before the midterms.

I contacted both my Senators and my congressman (all three GOP) asking them to vote NO on this bill. I haven’t gone back to check on how my Senators voted. My congressman will probably vote no but I fully expect this to pass on a mostly party line vote.

The increased spending for the military is a good thing depending on how it’s actually allocated, plus my understanding is that vaccination requirements for our service members has been done away with. Other than that I’m not sure if there’s much to like about it.

I consider it a huge turd in everybody’s Christmas stocking.

• Angry
Reactions: nail1988
As it was predicted ...So shall it be done 🤣

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-passes-trillion-spending-bill-help-republicans
Senate passes $1.7 trillion spending bill with help from Republicans
The mammoth bill keeps government funded until end of September 2023

18 RINOS joined ranks with 82 Marxist to further cripple this horrific economy. Inflation will rise again while adding another 1.7 trillion to our massive debt.

Ray Ray celebrates this.

18 RINOS joined ranks with 82 Marxist to further cripple this horrific economy. Inflation will rise again while adding another 1.7 trillion to our massive debt.
Ray Ray celebrates this.
Of course he does. MASA

Make America Suck Again

• Angry
Reactions: nail1988

Ray Ray celebrates this.
And he doesn't even know what he is celebrating. He just knows the dems told him to, and he can't disobey his masters.

Funny thing, ray ray always talks about reparations for slavery, then turns around and willingly becomes a slave to whatever the libs wants.

And he doesn't even know what he is celebrating. He just knows the dems told him to, and he can't disobey his masters.

Funny thing, ray ray always talks about reparations for slavery, then turns around and willingly becomes a slave to whatever the libs wants.

malone living in his made up world because he can't cope with reality

I'm all for the $1.7 trillion...wish it was more.
I would like to have the child tax credit extended or made permanent

Wish there was more money to improve/fix the ACA

Wish there was more money for funding veterans & the IRS

Newsflash to malone that "libs" party is being run by black people...
What are the black GOP members in charge of?

AP22334067989987-1200x800.jpeg

210114142545-jaime-harrison-2020-super-tease.jpg

We could have had all sorts of goodies. WTH...just print more money, amirite???

I don't think his comment meant what you think they meant. 😂

But at least it allowed your preference for one skin color over others to shine through and that seemed to please you.

We could have had all sorts of goodies. WTH...just print more money, amirite???

No you aren't right but you're not bright enough for the conversation

I don't think his comment meant what you think they meant. 😂

Who cares what you think?

He thinks there are "masters & slaves" in the democratic party

Well by the looks of the party leadership the dems have black people in positions of power
The GOP? Lucky to even have a few black members let alone in positions of leadership

I'll choose the party that allows me to have a say in the direction of the party

But at least it allowed your preference for one skin color over others to shine through and that seemed to please you.

ya damn skippy...one party is basically all white and doesn't have any black people in meaningful positions of power or leadership

The other party is multiracial and has many non-white members in positions of power & leadership

You decide.

Well by the looks of the party leadership the dems have black people in positions of power
The GOP? Lucky to even have a few black members let alone in positions of leadership

I'll choose the party that allows me to have a say in the direction of the party

ya damn skippy...one party is basically all white and doesn't have any black people in meaningful positions of power or leadership

The other party is multiracial and has many non-white members in positions of power & leadership

You decide.

You're emotional...I'll back it out for a minute. No homo.

Hey Ray,

Why stop at $1.7T? Why not go to $17.1T? We can have the U.S Treasury add multiple new printing presses to crank out more currency. The Treasury can also sell more government securities to the Saudis and the Chinese so we can temporarily live high on the hog.

If we ran our personal households the way the government runs its business, we would be sued into bankruptcy oblivion. The party can’t go on forever.

You decide.
Here you go fixating on the color of people’s skin again. I don’t give a hoot in hell what a color a person’s skin is. I care infinitely more about the political philosophy and world view of the person. I value fiscal and social conservatism.

Mock Tim Scott all you want, but I more in common with him than I do Dick Durban.

• Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Hey Ray,

Why stop at $1.7T? Why not go to $17.1T? We can have the U.S Treasury add multiple new printing presses to crank out more currency. The Treasury can also sell more government securities to the Saudis and the Chinese so we can temporarily live high on the hog.

Go look up Modern Monetary Theory(MMT) and get acquainted with current discussions about monetary policy and debt -to-gdp ratios. I don't say we can just print money with no restriction but prior monetary theories have proven to be far too restrictive.

If we ran our personal households the way the government runs its business, we would be sued into bankruptcy oblivion. The party can’t go on forever.

The government is nothing like your household...your analogy is 100% wrong because our government doesn't default on its debts (so long as the GOP doesn't shut down the govt)

Of course you are. Politics over country. Tell us more about how many covid shots you've taken.

Another one who doesn't really know anything about what he's talking about
Just knows the conservative talking points and regurgitates them

I would suggest you also go read about Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)

Conservatives are against spending unless its on them like trump farm subsidies or PPP

Another one who doesn't really know anything about what he's talking about
Just knows the conservative talking points and regurgitates them

I would suggest you also go read about Modern Monetary Theory (MMT)

Conservatives are against spending unless its on them like trump farm subsidies or PPP
Keynesian economics are financial voodoo and trash. But you wouldn't understand that since you don't even know what that means. 😂

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
Go look up Modern Monetary Theory(MMT) and get acquainted with current discussions about monetary policy and debt -to-gdp ratios. I don't say we can just print money with no restriction but prior monetary theories have proven to be far too restrictive.
I did some elementary research on MMT; reviewed the following link:

Excerpts from the article:

“Taxes create an ongoing demand for currency and are a tool to take money out of an economy that is getting overheated, says MMT. This goes against the conventional idea that taxes are primarily meant to provide the government with money to spend to build infrastructure, fund social welfare programs, etc.”

“Unemployment is the result of governments spending too little while collecting taxes, according to MMT. It says those looking for work and unable to find a job in the private sector should be given minimum-wage transition jobs funded by the government and managed by the local community. This labor would act as a buffer stock to help the government control inflation in the economy.”

“Political leaders like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Bernie Sanders have espoused MMT, and economist Stephanie Kelton, who first came across [Warren] Mosler’s ideas on the listserv and is now arguably the face of the theory, served as chief economic adviser to Sanders during his 2016 presidential campaign.”

“How Does MMT Differ from Mainstream Theories of Money and Banking?
Modern monetary theory is a falsifiable empirical monetary theory that sets out to explain the real world, whereas mainstream economic theory sets out from model assumptions and then moves to the real world. Critics, however, have argued that MMT is not a true theory because there is no mathematical model associated with it.”

In summary MMT seems like a quack economic theory embraced by those who want to justify essentially unlimited government spending.

• Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Here you go fixating on the color of people’s skin again. I don’t give a hoot in hell what a color a person’s skin is. I care infinitely more about the political philosophy and world view of the person. I value fiscal and social conservatism.

Mock Tim Scott all you want, but I more in common with him than I do Dick Durban.
Ray Sharpton the race baiter, it’s all he has

Well, the House just voted 225-201 to pass this monstrosity. Hearing that over half voted by proxy (in abstentia, essentially).

More fuel for the inflation fire.

Adds to our national debt.
This is solid proof that the 2022 election in the House was critical. The question is, is it too late? The amount of damage the Hiden administration has already done is damned near a fatal wound. :mad:

In summary MMT seems like a quack economic theory embraced by those who want to justify essentially unlimited government spending.
Keynesian economics is flat out witchcraftery. FDR is the birthing mother of his garbage when he was President. The government doesn't "create" any economic value. All that it does is redistribute "other peoples money" in a manner to buy votes.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury.

The government is nothing like your household...your analogy is 100% wrong because our government doesn't default on its debts (so long as the GOP doesn't shut down the govt)

Well this is a relief...our mounting national debt is no big deal.

I did some elementary research on MMT; reviewed the following link:

Excerpts from the article:

“Taxes create an ongoing demand for currency and are a tool to take money out of an economy that is getting overheated, says MMT. This goes against the conventional idea that taxes are primarily meant to provide the government with money to spend to build infrastructure, fund social welfare programs, etc.”

“Unemployment is the result of governments spending too little while collecting taxes, according to MMT. It says those looking for work and unable to find a job in the private sector should be given minimum-wage transition jobs funded by the government and managed by the local community. This labor would act as a buffer stock to help the government control inflation in the economy.”

“Political leaders like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Bernie Sanders have espoused MMT, and economist Stephanie Kelton, who first came across [Warren] Mosler’s ideas on the listserv and is now arguably the face of the theory, served as chief economic adviser to Sanders during his 2016 presidential campaign.”

“How Does MMT Differ from Mainstream Theories of Money and Banking?
Modern monetary theory is a falsifiable empirical monetary theory that sets out to explain the real world, whereas mainstream economic theory sets out from model assumptions and then moves to the real world. Critics, however, have argued that MMT is not a true theory because there is no mathematical model associated with it.”

A justification for overspending. I have to tell you, I'm shocked to learn that.

I'm even more shocked to learn that this faux "theory" is championed by capitalists like Bernie and AOC.

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT