ADVERTISEMENT

Top 2 ranked softball in 2023 will be Gators

Pitcher Keagan Rothrock and position player Mia Williams. Rothrock from IN and Williams from Windermere FL. Williams is daughter of former Gator star, Jason Williams.
@rjcarter.
Go Gators.
Thanks for that info @Hoops Observer! Where do you find info for softball recruits? I saw the 4 who signed last November for the 2022 class which included Lexie Delbrey in an article on Gator Country but how did you know about Rothrock and Williams? Will they sign this November and be able to play in 2023?

Reactions: datilllboi
Thanks for that info @Hoops Observer! Where do you find info for softball recruits? I saw the 4 who signed last November for the 2022 class which included Lexie Delbrey in an article on Gator Country but how did you know about Rothrock and Williams? Will they sign this November and be able to play in 2023?
Delbrey was part of the 2021 signing class, which will be eligible to play in 2022. The Gators have 2 of the Top 4 players committed for the 2022 signing class, which will be able to play in the 2023 season. Rothrock & Williams are part of the 2023 signing class, which will be on the 2024 team. Here's a link to the Top 25-ranked players for the 2022 signing class:

Reactions: rjcarter
Delbrey was part of the 2021 signing class, which will be eligible to play in 2022. The Gators have 2 of the Top 4 players committed for the 2022 signing class, which will be able to play in the 2023 season. Rothrock & Williams are part of the 2023 signing class, which will be on the 2024 team. Here's a link to the Top 25-ranked players for the 2022 signing class:
Great info @ocalaman! It’s hard for me to follow softball recruiting. They sign in November but since school has already started for that year they can’t participate in the season which starts the following February because they haven’t enrolled in school yet? So it’s 15 months from when they sign until they can actually play? Is that right?

Great info @ocalaman! It’s hard for me to follow softball recruiting. They sign in November but since school has already started for that year they can’t participate in the season which starts the following February because they haven’t enrolled in school yet? So it’s 15 months from when they sign until they can actually play? Is that right?
Correct. They generally sign in November, then play for their high school team the next spring and enroll in college that summer or fall. Here's a couple of links on a softball prodigy who committed to the Gators when she was 11. Signing class of 2024!!

And here's another link that talks about the #3 player in the Elite 100 for the 2024 class - Layla Lamar coming to Florida.

Also, just an FYI - Cali Decker, who signed in this year's class and will on the team for 2022, played on the same travel team as Kaila Pollard, the #4 ranked player in our 2022 signing class.

@Hoops Observer there's 5 freaking threads on softball on the front page 😂 Overkill? Wouldn’t one thread be enough? 🤷‍♂️
Your buddy makes a new one every day. Lol. Are they still making derogatory comments about our Gators? I am hopeful that James Madison puts them all out. These fans of softball are enamored with OU and UCLA and Bama. Well, UCLA is out.

All of the negativity is directed towards Walton now and all his deficiencies 🤦‍♂️

All of the negativity is directed towards Walton now and all his deficiencies 🤦‍♂️
Copy a couple of those negative to Walton when you have time. It is amazing. Once those guys were saying "Walton was the best, bar none. Is Jumbo also being negative towards Walton? I. would imagine baseball threads are going off the ledge.

Yeah screw it buddy they must not know the recruits we have coming up in the next 2-3 classes now it’s “Walton’s recruiting has fallen short!” Not going to name names but the self appointed “insider” doesn’t know squat.

Reactions: Hoops Observer
Yeah screw it buddy they must not know the recruits we have coming up in the next 2-3 classes now it’s “Walton’s recruiting has fallen short!” Not going to name names but the self appointed “insider” doesn’t know squat.
The “self appointed insider” is now commenting on baseball and FB recruiting, I see. Lol

Have a long way to go to even come close to Oklahoma.
The pitching is as good as Oklahoma and is getting even better over the next couple of years. And our defense is better than their. The big gap is with hitting. They have excellent hitters up and down their lineup and are aggressive at the plate. We are way too passive in approach and only have 3 hitters that measure up to Oklahoma's. We've simply got to recruit much better hitters and then coach them up better once on campus.

The pitching is as good as Oklahoma and is getting even better over the next couple of years. And our defense is better than their. The big gap is with hitting. They have excellent hitters up and down their lineup and are aggressive at the plate. We are way too passive in approach and only have 3 hitters that measure up to Oklahoma's. We've simply got to recruit much better hitters and then coach them up better once on campus.
Actually, we are much closer than you think. OU lost to UGA and lost to FSU as well and was behind FSU in the 6th inning of another. OU is definitely not invincible. I count 5 UF hitters as good as OU’s with another being eligible next year. Future is bright for Gators.

hoops could you mention those five hitters echols and cottrill are back lindemen and adams are seniors do you consider goddard one of those hitters

Not Hoops but I imagine he’s referring to Echols, Adams, Cottrill, Wilkie, Lindsey, and Skylar Wallace. Lindeman won’t be back.

Reactions: Hoops Observer
thanks for that carter great to see adams will be back thought she was a senior but in any event great news

thanks for that carter great to see adams will be back thought she was a senior but in any event great news
I also am not giving up on the young OF from Jax and the SS Longley. Both have shown flashes with the bat and could develop a lot in the off season as Lindsey did. Another with great potential with the bat is Trlicek who has great potential with the bat as well as a pitcher.

Until our coaches get our hitters to be more aggressive and stop taking too many pitches right over the middle of the plate, especially change-ups, we're going to struggle offensively against the really good pitchers, IMO. Adams, Echols, Cottrill and sometimes LIndsay are the only players on this year's team who weren't overly passive at the plate.

Until our coaches get our hitters to be more aggressive and stop taking too many pitches right over the middle of the plate, especially change-ups, we're going to struggle offensively against the really good pitchers, IMO. Adams, Echols, Cottrill and sometimes LIndsay are the only players on this year's team who weren't overly passive at the plate.
So, Lindaman was overly passive? One of the leading HR hitters in NCAA history and over .300 avg.

So, Lindaman was overly passive? One of the leading HR hitters in NCAA history and over .300 avg.
This year she certainly was. She was a great hitter, but this year was the statistically worst in her career. She had a good year, but not the great year everyone expected. Her batting average was down, her HR's were the lowest of her career, as was her RBI. And remember, most of her HR's were hit when she was at Minnesota not facing SEC pitchers.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT