ADVERTISEMENT

Too much name calling going on AND post links when possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks are offended by "Trumpanzees" and "Libtards", so those are out.

Here's an idea: address the issue and not the person. There is no reason to insult people. You can call an idea stupid, but not a poster. There is a difference.

Please carry on.

Also, when starting new threads, please post links instead of full articles if possible. This will cut down on board clutter and make threads easier to navigate for everyone ...
Let’s see. Looking at the first page you have two threads posted by liberals (or Never Trumpers), while over 20 started by Righties (or Trumpers). I guess that’s the clutter that you want to clean up?

Not to mention Capt. Ron can’t seem to make a post without calling someone ”stupid.”

Reactions: gatorspeed
Let’s see. Looking at the first page you have two threads posted by liberals (or Never Trumpers), while over 20 started by Righties (or Trumpers). I guess that’s the clutter that you want to clean up?

Not to mention Capt. Ron can’t seem to make a post without calling someone ”stupid.”
It's mostly a college football site. It's going to be mostly straight men.

Yes, it seems that way now that the guy spamming the board hasn't posted in several days. And have you ever noticed the general make up of the posters on this board? As long as people post substantive stuff and post links for articles, the threads generally will stay up top based on interest. You want more representation of a particular viewpoint? Find more posters who can support it civilly.

@Capt Ron has been warned along with everyone else about it. Point out specifics when you see them ...

Why would anyone consider threads started by people of a certain perceived political leaning to be 'clutter'?

Stay focused on the topic, not the poster. That's all @FresnoGator was saying, and I think we both know you know that.

Reactions: gatordad3
Yes, it seems that way now that the guy spamming the board hasn't posted in several days. And have you ever noticed the general make up of the posters on this board?
This is a very interesting point that I think @BSC911 backed into. If there is an equal makeup (more or less) of right and left posters, but right posters seem to be starting most of the topics, what does that suggest?

Tells me posters on the right are more interested in discussing topics versus discussing posters. Look at the threads started by the 'left' posters on the front page. I see a Hiden troll thread started by @BSC911, I see a Trump thread started by @sadgator, who rarely posts here, and I see a Hiden troll thread started by @kalimgoodman.

That's it from our 'left' posters. Maybe certain posters need to start better threads and drop the troll thread silliness if they want to have better discussions here. This is not a new issue on this board and the posters involved here are not new to the board.

Reactions: fatman76
Yes, it seems that way now that the guy spamming the board hasn't posted in several days. And have you ever noticed the general make up of the posters on this board? As long as people post substantive stuff and post links for articles, the threads generally will stay up top based on interest. You want more representation of a particular viewpoint? Find more posters who can support it civilly.

@Capt Ron has been warned along with everyone else about it. Point out specifics when you see them ...
To be honest, this forum has turned into a Main Board flame fest with zero real discussion. I don't have much use for it any more. Anyone who disagrees with the mob gets run off.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
To be honest, this forum has turned into a Main Board flame fest with zero real discussion. I don't have much use for it any more. Anyone who disagrees with the mob gets run off.
That is interesting since tMB used to have flame fests between fanbases and there were some doozies. But that is no longer the case, there are many great threads there with substantive convo about any number of topics. And it no longer has anything to do with fanbases, if you post something deemed stupid, you will get savaged by everyone ...

Show me the left leaning threads that are about "real discussion".

Your self-mastubatory thread you pull replies into is a perfect example of what you're complaining about.

That said, self-awareness has never been a strong trait of leftists.

Last edited:
The mod had a great point about knocking off the personal insults. It just snowballs into a shitfest. We've seen a lot of it on soundoff.

That is interesting since tMB used to have flame fests between fanbases and there were some doozies. But that is no longer the case, there are many great threads there with substantive convo about any number of topics. And it no longer has anything to do with fanbases, if you post something deemed stupid, you will get savaged by everyone ...
To be fair, I haven’t been on TMB in years. Got tired of the KYS in every thread, although yes, it’s a much Better place for football and other off topic threads. Very good finance Discussions.

BTW, what happened to Swamp_Thing and 1776 in the paid section. I assume they didn’t like the new ownership.

I see you locked Kalim’s thread about the hypocrisy of DeSantis’ gas tax holiday while keeping every anti Biden/Dem thread, including Press Secretary is an IDIOT“, ”No Cure for Liberal Insanity”, ”This is how your typical lefty thinks”, etc.

I guess you really do want an echo chamber.

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
Show me the left leaning threads that are about "real discussion".

Your self-mastubatory thread you pull replies into is a perfect example of what you're complaining about.

That said, self-awareness has never been a strong trait of leftists.
You miss the point, check out any thread not started by the mob and it turns into a flame fest. This site has become Thunderdome where every reject from around the Rivals network has ended up.

To be fair, you seem to be the only person OTB that actually tries to have a real discussion without flaming, or some lame comment about French fries, sock accounts, or some test you took 50 years ago.

As far as The GOAT, I just keep it alive as a middle finger to the mob who got so upset that they had to delete all of their posts in order to reduce the page count. Talk about lame. I pull replies into that thread because I no longer have a desire to participate in any other. If want want to engage me, do it there if you so choose.

As far as me being a “leftist”, LOL, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. You guys are so far Right you can’t even see the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorspeed
You miss the point, check out any thread not started by the mob and it turns into a flame fest. This site has become Thunderdome where every reject from around the Rivals network has ended up.
As far as The GOAT, I just keep it alive as a middle finger to the mob who got so upset that they had to delete all of their posts in order to reduce the page count. Talk about lame. I pull replies into that thread because I no longer have a desire to participate in any other. If want want to engage me, do it there if you so choose.

As far as me being a “leftist”, LOL, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. You guys are so far Right you can’t even see the middle.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. GhostofUK lost over 40 pages of pure gold due to an accident. So as far as the tab is concerned, the bill is settled. Here's to looking at you in the rear view mirror in the Thunderdome. 😎
200.gif

I see you locked Kalim’s thread about the hypocrisy of DeSantis’ gas tax holiday while keeping every anti Biden/Dem thread, including Press Secretary is an IDIOT“, ”No Cure for Liberal Insanity”, ”This is how your typical lefty thinks”, etc.

Yet you didn't see where @kalimgoodman 's first reply to the thread was to call two posters who answered him 'frauds'.

You want to make this board a troll board cause that's the only way anyone will pay attention to you. The posters and mod here have said that's not happening. You can either change your behavior and be civil, or leave. I'm fine with either.

Reactions: fatman76
You miss the point, check out any thread not started by the mob and it turns into a flame fest.
Ok, let's do that right now:

Posts started by libs on the first page:

1 - A Hiden troll thread by @BSC911

2 - Gas tax holiday troll thread by @kalimgoodman which was immediately locked after @kalimgoodman started personally insulting posters as soon as they responded to the thread

3 - A TDS thread started by @sadgator, who posts here about once a month

4 - A Hiden troll thread by @kalimgoodman

Those threads immediately became flame fests because THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED THEM TO BE.

You guys refuse to discuss issues cause you can't defend your talking points. That's not our fault, and you're not going to turn over the checker board and make this a troll board because you aren't intelligent enough to defend your own position.

I see you locked Kalim’s thread about the hypocrisy of DeSantis’ gas tax holiday while keeping every anti Biden/Dem thread ”No Cure for Liberal Insanity”,
You should be thanking me for editing the above bold thread. In case you don't remember, it was originally "Is there a cure for libtardedness?"

Last edited:

To be fair, you seem to be the only person OTB that actually tries to have a real discussion without flaming, or some lame comment about French fries, sock accounts, or some test you took 50 years ago.

Name calling in this post:
1) Everyone that doesn't agree with you politically is a "reject"
2) The whole of the posters on this board are a "mob" - as in pitchforks and torches

Trolling in this post:
1) "As far as The GOAT, I just keep it alive as a middle finger" (both the existence of the thread and the way you refer to it...as well as the admission it's a troll job, in 15 words or less)
2) "As far as me being a “leftist”, LOL, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. You guys are so far Right you can’t even see the middle."
- You take the furthest left position on nearly every economic and foreign policy issue, and Trump could cure cancer and you'd blame him for harming the pharmaceutical industry - while literally thanking God for the worst president of our adult lives...sorry man, you are not an independent. At least most of the board is honest about political affiliation.

Here's the deal, a vast majority of real people react according to stimulus. If you were honest, didn't name call and troll, and showed more common sense, intellectual flexibility and logic on issues (instead of being hyper partisan on everything) you'd have a MUCH different experience here.

As an example, I differ with posters like @GhostOfMatchesMalone and @Dr. Curmudgeon pretty strongly on certain core issues like religion...and I don't think we've had one cross word about it. We understand each other's position, don't troll each other about it, and have a respectful disagreement. If I started calling them names and tagging and calling them out about it, that would all change immediately.

You get what you give. Change the way you act or stop whining about how you're treated.

2) The whole of the posters on this board are a "mob" - as in pitchforks and torches

Trolling in this post:
1) "As far as The GOAT, I just keep it alive as a middle finger" (both the existence of the thread and the way you refer to it...as well as the admission it's a troll job, in 15 words or less)
2) "As far as me being a “leftist”, LOL, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. You guys are so far Right you can’t even see the middle."
- You take the furthest left position on nearly every economic and foreign policy issue, and Trump could cure cancer and you'd blame him for harming the pharmaceutical industry - while literally thanking God for the worst president of our adult lives...sorry man, you are not an independent. At least most of the board is honest about political affiliation.

Here's the deal, a vast majority of real people react according to stimulus. If you were honest, didn't name call and troll, and showed more common sense, intellectual flexibility and logic on issues (instead of being hyper partisan on everything) you'd have a MUCH different experience here.

As an example, I differ with posters like @GhostOfMatchesMalone and @Dr. Curmudgeon pretty strongly on certain core issues like religion...and I don't think we've had one cross word about it. We understand each other's position, don't troll each other about it, and have a respectful disagreement. If I started calling them names and tagging and calling them out about it, that would all change immediately.

You get what you give. Change the way you act or stop whining about how you're treated.
Did you hear that senile- creepy Joe Biden was raised in Puerto Rico and shortly thereafter marched with Mandela in South Africa. Sometimes we forget that the only reason he was elected president was because he is not Donald Trump.

Trolling in this post:

I love you, man.
I Love You Legends GIF by Bud Light

The covid thread is a perfect example of this. Everyone SHOULD have been on the same page in that thread: Let's get the best information out there so everyone can make the best decision about their health. Instead, it was dominated by politics. If any information was presented that differed from the claims made by a certain political party, the information was attacked, the source was attacked, then the person presenting the information was attacked. It was impossible to have an intelligent discussion because a certain group of posters refused to hear any side of the issue except their own. Everyone else wanted to hear all sides to make as informed a decision as possible.

That's the way it should be for every topic here. Let's present and debate both sides.

Did you hear that senile- creepy Joe Biden was raised in Puerto Rico and shortly thereafter marched with Mandela in South Africa. Sometimes we forget that the only reason he was elected president was because he is not Donald Trump.
Apparently he grew up in a Puerto Rican village in the middle of Delaware. While growing up in Ohio.

As Jill Biden's wife, Jill Biden.

But he's mentally stable. Obviously.

Hiden's press secretary IS a village idiot. She's got the IQ of an amoeba, an uncanny skill of deflecting every non soft lobbed pitch, and/or actually lying to avoid an honest answer. The only honest way you could argue differently is to never have seen and heard her in action. She's a prime example of your beloved echo chamber.

Hiden's press secretary IS a village idiot. She's got the IQ of an amoeba, an uncanny skill of deflecting every non soft lobbed pitch, and/or actually lying to avoid an honest answer. The only honest way you could argue differently is to never have seen and heard her in action. She's a prime example of your beloved echo chamber.
She was blessed with beauty instead of intelligence.

• Wow
Reactions: NavigatorII

Full disclosure, I do not read every post in every thread and rely on the board to bring things to my attention if there is something that needs it. 3 posters brought the now locked thread to me - that is eye opening.

Are you personally offended by these thread titles? Unless the claims are made as personal attacks against posters on this board, I let them slide. Public figures are fair game here. And tbh, I don't like these thread titles either, but I am not going to micromanage unless there is a legit complaint or an individual poster is being impugned.

Everyone here gets equal treatment at least that is what I shoot for. The echo chamber reflects the majority on the board, although other perspectives are appreciated ...

love and hip hop lhhmia GIF by VH1

WH Press Corps is 11:1 liberal (this isn't hyperbole, this is the real ratio)...why isn't he mad about that echo chamber? These are the people that are supposed to speak truth to power for us.

That's the way it should be for every topic here. Let's present and debate both sides.
The problem is one side has way too many factual claims to back their argument.

That leads to one party ignoring the obvious, which leads to frustration/anger, and then it devolves into a verbal food fight.

Productive debate is rooted in intellectual honesty.

Full disclosure, I do not read every post in every thread and rely on the board to bring things to my attention if there is something that needs it. 3 posters brought the now locked thread to me - that is eye opening.

Are you personally offended by these thread titles? Unless the claims are made as personal attacks against posters on this board, I let them slide. Public figures are fair game here. And tbh, I don't like these thread titles either, but I am not going to micromanage unless there is a legit complaint or an individual poster is being impugned.

Everyone here gets equal treatment at least that is what I shoot for. The echo chamber reflects the majority on the board, although other perspectives are appreciated ...
Recently both @Capt Ron 1 and @RayGravesGhost were warned by you to stop starting so many new threads. Two posters on opposite sides of the political isle.

On every board I've ever posted where the mods were an issue, the issue has ALWAYS been uneven application of the rules. As long as EVERYONE is bound by the same rules, I'm cool. In my experience, our liberal friends want 'home field advantage' on the boards they frequent.

I think most people just want a level playing field.

Recently both @Capt Ron 1 and @RayGravesGhost were warned by you to stop starting so many new threads. Two posters on opposite sides of the political isle.

On every board I've ever posted where the mods were an issue, the issue has ALWAYS been uneven application of the rules. As long as EVERYONE is bound by the same rules, I'm cool. In my experience, our liberal friends want 'home field advantage' on the boards they frequent.

I think most people just want a level playing field.
I'd hope so. I have tried very hard to be fair, but you can't please everyone ...

Reactions: nail1988
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT