ADVERTISEMENT

Too much name calling going on AND post links when possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

FresnoGator

Jan 23, 2005
Indian Wells, CA / Scottsdale, AZ
Folks are offended by "Trumpanzees" and "Libtards", so those are out.

Here's an idea: address the issue and not the person. There is no reason to insult people. You can call an idea stupid, but not a poster. There is a difference.

Please carry on.

Also, when starting new threads, please post links instead of full articles if possible. This will cut down on board clutter and make threads easier to navigate for everyone ...

Last edited:
Folks are offended by "Trumpanees" and "Libtards", so those are out.

Here's an idea: address the issue and not the person. There is no reason to insult people. You can call an idea stupid, but not a poster. There is a difference.

Please carry on.

Also, when starting new threads, please post links instead of full articles if possible. This will cut down on board clutter and make threads easier to navigate for everyone ...
Would welcome a focus on the topic and not on insults.

Please carry on.

Absolutely!

If your argument against an idea starts with - or includes - an attack on the person who espoused it . . . your intellect & persuasion skills are lacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not offended by "Trumpanzees"…. I just think it’s a moronic 4th grade insult. I’ve called people “Libtards” on this board, but it’s a pretty worn-out putdown as well. Certainly not saying I’m perfect but agree on not engaging in personal attacks.

Please carry on.

Exactly. Just focus on the topic or response.
Agreed. Would love to see this forum start to evolve views - both ways based on discussion and new points of views.

For example, there is plenty that Kalim and I disagree on - significantly, but I learn through our exchanges.

You want a functioning "democracy" - that is what it is, at it's core. Respect for the individual, open dialogue and an ability to try to get to a better place in each exchange.

Reactions: kalimgoodman
Agreed. Would love to see this forum start to evolve views - both ways based on discussion and new points of views.

For example, there is plenty that Kalim and I disagree on - significantly, but I learn through our exchanges.

You want a functioning "democracy" - that is what it is, at it's core. Respect for the individual, open dialogue and an ability to try to get to a better place in each exchange.
Most importantly you can disagree with me without calling me names. My opinions can be changed. That's what conversations are about!

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
I’m not offended by "Trumpanzees"…. I just think it’s a moronic 4th grade insult. I’ve called people “Libtards” on this board, but it’s a pretty worn-out putdown as well. Certainly not saying I’m perfect but agree on not engaging in personal attacks.
Agreed. The insults and labels aren't offensive, it's just sad that the same posters use them at the START of any exchange to keep from discussing the topic at hand, because that topic upsets them. IOW these posters are spamming and flaming the board, and if anyone would be banned, I would start there. I think that would solve 90% of the problems and get us back to actually discussing issues vs posters attacking each other. But that's just me.

I've been taking a posting vacation and I can see I've missed absolutely nothing. Same thing going on around and getting nowhere fast. Gets tiring. The only thing worth noting was the name calling, and danged if that wasn't just taken away from us. Just kidding.

I've been taking a posting vacation and I can see I've missed absolutely nothing. Same thing going on around and getting nowhere fast. Gets tiring. The only thing worth noting was the name calling, and danged if that wasn't just taken away from us. Just kidding.
I think the problem is silly pride. Too many people don't want to discuss a topic for fear that they might learn the way they believe is wrong.

I would rather learn something new than learn I was right. I'm right enough that my ego doesn't need the boost 😎

Reactions: kjfreeze

Please carry on.

If you enforce this then certain posters wont have anything to post since they can only copy and paste others' thoughts and opinions. Next theyre going to blame you for trying to suppress them.

• Haha
Reactions: BillCutting4585

Please carry on.

If you are solid in your convictions, it is easy to blowoff such childish taunts.

If you are solid in your convictions, it is easy to blowoff such childish taunts.
Well, of course it is.

This is what I feel like:
cop1-2048x1151.jpg

Here's something else to consider, there's a lot of the Dimtards' propaganda that I wouldn't bother to read unless it was presented here by our favorite "parrot" idiots. I don't say this in a mean way, doesn't that make it okay.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdfgator
Here's something else to consider, there's a lot of the Dimtards' propaganda that I wouldn't bother to read unless it was presented here by our favorite "parrot" idiots. I don't say this in a mean way, doesn't that make it okay.
That's not the issue. IDGAD as long as it's linked and not C&P. Want less clutter.

Click the link, read the article. Headline doesn't grab you? Don't click and move to the next thread ...

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I guess it's a really good thing that none of those that are supposedly representing us in the swamp are posting on this board, because they'd be getting the ban-hammer in a NY second under these rules.... 🤓

• Haha
Off topic, but since this is a mod thread......does this site run on a squirrel cage? Several times in the past few days I'll get an error from AOL "we are working on a problem, we'll be back later". Usually it's only for 5 seconds. I haven't had anything related to AOL in 20 years.

@FresnoGator or anyone else? 😂

Off topic, but since this is a mod thread......does this site run on a squirrel cage? Several times in the past few days I'll get an error from AOL "we are working on a problem, we'll be back later". Usually it's only for 5 seconds. I haven't had anything related to AOL in 20 years.

No idea ...

Getting the same on occasion.

Where do I insert my AOL CD in my phone???

Funny you mention it, I got that for the first time ever a couple of hours ago. In the past I got a message occasionally from Yahoo (I think) saying it was down, this is first time seeing one from AOL.

Brought back bad memories LOL

Please carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT