ADVERTISEMENT

Time to cut the cord on McElwain

GatorsFanYeah

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 3, 2005
Florida won't, obviously, but it's clear as day by now that this guy isn't the answer, and never will be. He can't recruit at a high level, at friggin' Florida no less, and his offense is an abomination. Next time, Florida needs to go all out and get a proven commodity.

It's hard to argue with that. I think that he's done a good job but we need a guy that can do a great job. We have had our asses handed to us today. Outside of 1 defensive play we've done nothing.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Definitely time to cut the cord on LDR. He's awful. I think he's as bad as Appleby. At least he made some plays against a real opponent.

Reactions: OrangeNBlueCrew
10% of me says we can't pass judgement just yet because of the hole that Muschamp left us in ... look at our starters on offense to understand how bad that side of the ball was when McElwain came in.

That said, I agree that this feels like another hiring mistake. The poor recruiting makes me worry about the roster the next guy will inherit.

Appleby isn't bad IMO. He shredded UT before the coaches muzzled the offense. Then against Vandy we just got whipped upfront. Plus those two teams had the best defenses we've played all year. We can't move the call against nobodies now so taking all that into consideration Appleby looked fine.

At some point in this game there was nothing to lose by yanking Del Rio. SOS expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Reactions: sadgator
Muschamp left the cupboard bare on offense and McElwain has brought some levelheadedness back to the program. It's all about the players and he's not recruiting championship players like Ohio State, Bama, LSU, Clemson, etc. This year's class looks to be average and we have a lot of holes still on the team. Defense played poorly today, but sometimes that happens and the offense is supposed to step up. And ours is not capable of doing that. Part of the blame is on the QB, part is on the O-line, some is on the receivers. But to me the largest blame should go to the coaching staff, especially Nussmeyer and he needs to go at the end of the year. Is McElwain the guy long term? I don't know, but I think because we have a new AD he's going to get about a 2-year pass until the new guy gets the lay of the land. I hate to go through another coaching change, which will impact recruiting and continuity with the players we've got for a couple more years. It will be another year end collapse if we don't make it to Atlanta to get killed by Alabama, especially considering how weak the SEC East is, but it looks like it could happen. Sad!

Muschamp left the cupboard bare on offense and McElwain has brought some levelheadedness back to the program. It's all about the players and he's not recruiting championship players like Ohio State, Bama, LSU, Clemson, etc. This year's class looks to be average and we have a lot of holes still on the team. Defense played poorly today, but sometimes that happens and the offense is supposed to step up. And ours is not capable of doing that. Part of the blame is on the QB, part is on the O-line, some is on the receivers. But to me the largest blame should go to the coaching staff, especially Nussmeyer and he needs to go at the end of the year. Is McElwain the guy long term? I don't know, but I think because we have a new AD he's going to get about a 2-year pass until the new guy gets the lay of the land. I hate to go through another coaching change, which will impact recruiting and continuity with the players we've got for a couple more years. It will be another year end collapse if we don't make it to Atlanta to get killed by Alabama, especially considering how weak the SEC East is, but it looks like it could happen. Sad!

Please this guy just isn't good.

Florida needs to get serious and hire a coach. Chip Kelly, Fedora, Herman, Fleck...too many good ones out there.

Please this guy just isn't good.

Florida needs to get serious and hire a coach. Chip Kelly, Fedora, Herman, Fleck...too many good ones out there.

We will have to open up the checkbook. Which we refuse to do.

This is the reason for the coaching staff being what it is. You don't get what you don't pay for.

501341881_17578762_8col.jpg

Appleby isn't bad IMO. He shredded UT before the coaches muzzled the offense. Then against Vandy we just got whipped upfront. Plus those two teams had the best defenses we've played all year. We can't move the call against nobodies now so taking all that into consideration Appleby looked fine.

WoW!!! Phootball Genius right there that is.... :eek:

Let's just go ahead and waste the last 3-4 games of this season on a grad-xfer Sr, instead of getting some playing time for one or both of those freshmen in preparation for next season. The Rio-bees have worked out so well this season. :oops:

No wait, rsJR LDR will be in this 4th season in the Nuss-offense next season, so it's a foregone conclusion that he'll be the best LEADER for the next 2 seasons also... :confused:

Agree about the offense. My lord.

Arkansas played well, but for the love of all that is holy how easy did the play calling make Arkansas defense look way better than they are...and what they are is basically...not good.

Need some experience but the offense is simply primitively, and has been for some time. QB injuries and suspensions yes, but simply not operating at a high D 1 level. Get it fixed or get it out.

WoW!!! Phootball Genius right there that is.... :eek:

Let's just go ahead and waste the last 3-4 games of this season on a grad-xfer Sr, instead of getting some playing time for one or both of those freshmen in preparation for next season. The Rio-bees have worked out so well this season. :oops:

No wait, rsJR LDR will be in this 4th season in the Nuss-offense next season, so it's a foregone conclusion that he'll be the best LEADER for the next 2 seasons also... :confused:

I said weeks ago I wanted to see one of the freshmen play, but the coaches apparently see no need to. So the next best hope is Appleby for now. Anybody but LDR really. His numbers are worse than Treon's last year despite a better surrounding cast and much weaker opponent defenses so far. Unacceptable.

Reactions: seffnergator
I'm wondering if SOS would consider coming out of retirement??? :confused:

Prolly-knot, and a very tangled knot it would be, but I can dream can't I? :cool:

Maybe we can just get Mc to blame it all on Nuss, fire his azz, and then hire SOS to just be the OC/QB's and game day play caller.

I said weeks ago I wanted to see one of the freshmen play, but the coaches apparently see no need to. So the next best hope is Appleby for now. Anybody but LDR really. His numbers are worse than Treon's last year despite a better surrounding cast and much weaker opponent defenses so far. Unacceptable.

Clairbel

Stupid

Happy-by

Backup

I'm a genius since weeks ago.... :rolleyes:

But always a dipwad weasel... o_O

His halftime comments are baffling every week; today it was "I believe in this team; let's see what kind of team comes out in the 2nd half". His comments never address anything, it usually "isn't this a great atmosphere?!? I just want the players to have fun"

His halftime comments are baffling every week; today it was "I believe in this team; let's see what kind of team comes out in the 2nd half". His comments never address anything, it usually "isn't this a great atmosphere?!? I just want the players to have fun"

I hate his halftime talks. Tonight he says: I thought the guys got after it pretty good in the first half. I was like wtf game were you watching, goober?

It's not looking good for Coach Mac at Florida but if we beat Carolina and FSU I'll be happy. I'll see how the year plays out first.

Florida won't, obviously, but it's clear as day by now that this guy isn't the answer, and never will be. He can't recruit at a high level, at friggin' Florida no less, and his offense is an abomination. Next time, Florida needs to go all out and get a proven commodity.
How did McElwain become such a terrible coach in a year? In 2015, he was the second coming of Spurrier! I have no dog in this fight, but aren't some of you guys overreacting??

How did McElwain become such a terrible coach in a year? In 2015, he was the second coming of Spurrier! I have no dog in this fight, but aren't some of you guys overreacting??
Mac's problem is it appears he is not a very good recruiter. We lose almost our entire starting defense so next year is shaping up to be a disaster type season.

sadgator is still waiting to see what he IS good at.

He's pretty good at stringing you flakes along, while taking millions outta your piggy-bank (no pun intended). I don't worry for him though, because he'll likely always have a place with the Raiders.... :rolleyes:

=======

My one coaching caveat' is fast becoming a cliff-side avalanche.... :oops:
Claribel anyone??? :confused:

"How did McElwain become such a terrible coach in a year? In 2015, he was the second coming of Spurrier!"

I think last year was a mixture of scenarios that culminated into a decent record. Great defense, opportunist offense, TERRIBLE east, lucky wins(Vanderbilt, UT, Tucky and Florida Atlantic should have all been losses), and oh yeah...Will Grier.

So in all actuality, the 2015 record didn't reflect the team's subpar performances. Mac got a lot of national attention because we were suppose to finish 5th or worst in the division last year. Surely not because we actually looked like a competent football program. I for one was excited about the vision he articulated for the future when he was introduced as head coach, but now he seems to only speak in these unbelievably annoying 'awe shucks cliche's' that give absolutely zero insight into what he's thinking or doing to fix the issues at hand.

I'm a Gator for life, but these past 7 years of UF football has caused more gray to materialize on my head than any period of my life. LOL

Reactions: instaGATOR
I won't believe anything good comes from this program anymore until I see it, period. It's been going on that long, why would anyone have faith

plz God no more qb's that can only run 40's and can't throw a football 5 yards without dirtballs, Hurts type QB will not work for us, kid can't throw a slant and people think he's God because the QB never matters at Bama. He's a tailback that throws every now and then out of wildcat

plz God no more qb's that can only run 40's and can't throw a football 5 yards without dirtballs, Hurts type QB will not work for us, kid can't throw a slant and people think he's God because the QB never matters at Bama. He's a tailback that throws every now and then out of wildcat

Lamar Jackson, Deshawn Foster both look pretty good. I get it, Bama QB doesn't matter, just like their assistant coaches, no need to get burnt again

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT