ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts on this Florida team......

Holy crap that looks bad on the strength program saying it was like track team workouts in the offseason and Princely has caught the "if that makes sense" ending to his answers just like Napier.
Candidly they should walk over and talk to Mouse Holloway, he has 11 national championships. Whatever workouts he's doing are clearly working.

That interview was an eye opener. Basically he said he liked UF and liked Napier but he’s trying to get to the NFL and needs to go to a program with its sh*t together.

Not sure what worse you can hear as a fan.
Well, I suppose that's why they demoted the S&C guy and brought in a new one.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Thinking about our O line situation for 2024 we have to hope some younger ones or that transfer steps up. If we open up with George playing at Tackle and/or Barber still playing LT instead of RT we will be in trouble again. The only portal move now that can help is if we bring in a legit solid SEC starter level 4 star transfer. Short of that it's going to basically be what we have now. Another 3 star ranked transfer isn't going to help things.

Gatorade has some unspoken bias when it comes to leaning towards picking Gators signees, right? Haha.
Well maybe, but maybe not considering their HS stats and the other awards that they earned....

Florida QB-dt DJ Lagway Named Gatorade National PoY​

And just in case you think that the Gatorade award was an 'inside job':
MaxPreps National High School Player of the Year in 2023

And then there's the Stats in his Sr season, earning him a 247Sports 5-star rating:

P - 4,604 Yds and 58 TD's
R - 957 Yds and 16 TD's
Total Off - 5,661 Yds, 74 TD's
It's just too bad that the OC doesn't have that kind of a national rating,,,
😏 but maybe he'll improve over time (the iG crosses his fingers).... 🙄

We need some Leak/Tebow type play combos for Mertz/Lagway
That's exactly what I said that they needed in 2023, some Mertz/Brown combos, but it didn't happen.

More than ever now, I believe that they didn't want to put Lagway off his commitment, if Brown had played well all season in that combo.... I don't blame Max for leaving, and he probably would have been better off to never have flipped to Billy/UF in the first place. Water under the bridge now though....

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Not just me saying it this time around.... 😛

Are you surprised he (Dan) hasn’t gotten another job?

"I don’t think he wants one. I mean, I don’t know his situation, but I feel like if he wanted a head coaching job he could have one. He is a great head coach. You look at his record and how he coaches during a game, and he could coach somewhere if he wanted to." - DE/OLB Princely Umanmielen

Not just me saying it this time around.... 😛

Are you surprised he (Dan) hasn’t gotten another job?

"I don’t think he wants one. I mean, I don’t know his situation, but I feel like if he wanted a head coaching job he could have one. He is a great head coach. You look at his record and how he coaches during a game, and he could coach somewhere if he wanted to." - DE/OLB Princely Umanmielen

A lower power 5 might offer if he would take it. Don't see any big boy program offering more than an OC position to him.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
I’ve come around to the perspective that the fault for the current state of the Gators lies entirely (80 percent) with the UA. We had found a coach that gives you an edge and it was up to the UA to make it work. So he’s a prissy little lord Fauntleroy, all these guys are. Managing it is part of the job. If he’s not interested in recruiting get someone to handle it.

A good AD would have made it work. It seemed like there were hard feelings already when the Covid stuff started causing issues in 2020. And it seemed like the UA’s position was: know your role; this is how it’s going to go. And then Mullen responded in kind which of course he’s going to because he’s a prissy little biatch. But you should know that already and recognize his value and make it work. The ego of the AD should not be a factor.

It’s extremely difficult to run a top 10 college program, as we’ve seen. The job is an absolute monster. There’s probably less than 20 guys in the world with the capability. We had one.

I’ve come around to the perspective that the fault for the current state of the Gators lies entirely (80 percent) with the UA. We had found a coach that gives you an edge and it was up to the UA to make it work. So he’s a prissy little lord Fauntleroy, all these guys are. Managing it is part of the job. If he’s not interested in recruiting get someone to handle it.

A good AD would have made it work. It seemed like there were hard feelings already when the Covid stuff started causing issues in 2020. And it seemed like the UA’s position was: know your role; this is how it’s going to go. And then Mullen responded in kind which of course he’s going to because he’s a prissy little biatch. But you should know that already and recognize his value and make it work. The ego of the AD should not be a factor.

It’s extremely difficult to run a top 10 college program, as we’ve seen. The job is an absolute monster. There’s probably less than 20 guys in the world with the capability. We had one.

I blame Mullen's poor recruiting some before NIL took the scene over but he was hamstringed some with our facilities not being flashy like many other teams. I do think Foley and company do hurt us though with their mess. I will never forget him arrogantly saying we weren't going to get in an arms race on facilities while the other top programs were updating like crazy. Meyer was here right before that became a big issue. Now that stuff is an afterthought to NIL right when we finally get top a top notch facility.

@NavigatorII @nail1988 @alaskanseminole @fsu939913 @Gator Fever

If we ever land this guy, I might even support Napier to coach thru the 2024 season, even if we finish 3-9.

What's gonna be more hilarious is Trevor Etienne will be behind the white RB. That won't go well with mama Etienne.
Let's wait and see how it all plays out. Such vitriol is unbecoming, my man. 6 of our transfers so far, all primary players, ended up with SEC teams. It will be interesting to see how they perform on their new teams since they all apparently had too many flaws to be missed much at Florida.

• Haha
Let's wait and see how it all plays out. Such vitriol is unbecoming, my man. 6 of our transfers so far, all primary players, ended up with SEC teams. It will be interesting to see how they perform on their new teams since they all apparently had too many flaws to be missed much at Florida.

My guess is ETN gets most of the carries except for clear passing downs. I don't think GA has any experienced normal GA top level RB right now.

Reserve and former starting QB Jack Miller III is no longer with the Gators after two seasons at UF. He's a redshirt junior who graduated in the fall of 2023

IMOHO, he was Billy's first big recruiting/xfer-in mistake.

His 3 accomplishments in 2 years at UF were:

1. Killing any chance for Max Brown to get coached up or play.
2. Helping Billy to produce an embarrassing 3-30 Bowl loss to OreSt, and ending with a losing season.
3. Walking away now with a free UAA paid for UF degree.....

It's too bad that the time and money wasted on Miller, wasn't instead invested in Brown. Now they're both gone and Florida enters the 2024 offseason with Mertz and incoming Fr DJ Lagway as its only scholarship QB's.

https://www.si.com/college/florida/...uarterback-jack-miller-no-longer-with-program

Etienne isn’t a workhorse. He’s a game breaker. You give him 10 rushes and 5 pass attempts and hope he gets in space. Basically, exactly how we used him. I don’t blame a kid for wanting to play for the program that gives him the best chance to get drafted high and play for conference titles.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT