ADVERTISEMENT

Football Thoughts on this Florida team......

Billy had a QB-dt when he arrived, with another 'High Potential - (his words) fresh on the roster.
And he has a QB-dt coming in the next class.
WTF has he wasted 2 years of development on his xfer QB-pp M&M's the past 2 years????
I don't blame Miller or Mertz for this,,, this is all on CBN imo....

I've pulled so much hair out in the past 10 years that it's a minor miracle that I'm not bald.....
And I've been here long enough to remember the days when Gator fans said 'I hope we make a bowl game this year,' then the 'Wait Till Next Year' days to get that first SEC-C.

Then I finally got to the Glory of the Spurrier days, then the Meyer days, and now we're fallen all the way back to this chit..... 🤔

Last edited:
The 2023 Season In Review:

Wins

UF 49-7 McNeeseSt (-42)

UF 29-16 Tennis-sea (-13) -- the one decent win of the season...

UF 22-7 Charlotte (-15) - how embarrassing

UF 38-14 Candy (-24)

UF 44-39 @ Lamecocks (+5) - one away win ain't doin' much imo...
=====

Losses

UF 11-24 @ Utah (+13)

UF 14 - 33 @ Kensucky (+19)

UF 20-43 UGly @ Neutral Jax (+23)

UF 36-39 @ Ar-Kansas in OT (+3)

UF 31-33 @ Misery (+2)
-----
With Top 5 FSUcks to go in the SWAMP.....
Question being, does our backup QB/Team have any chance of beating their backup QB/Team?

I know Brown has the internet love so I'm excited to see how he does with a full week of reps. You can see that he does some nice things - he's got good wheels and is pretty decisive in the run game. See how the arm goes this week.

Nothing would make me happier than for Insta to be right like he was with Trask - haha - or if he's wrong that'll be fun too :)

I know it's only one game but we will likely find out at this point if Brown can pass the ball or not. Supposedly he wasn't that great at passing in practice but some players are gamers when they actually get on the field. A real bad game and I doubt he stays at UF unless it's because of baseball mostly but if he plays pretty good even in a loss he will have his chance to take the job in the Spring.

I know Brown has the internet love so I'm excited to see how he does with a full week of reps. You can see that he does some nice things - he's got good wheels and is pretty decisive in the run game. See how the arm goes this week.

Nothing would make me happier than for Insta to be right like he was with Trask - haha - or if he's wrong that'll be fun too :)
And gbo, if he/they suck yet again vs Top5 FSUcks, it won't be the fault of Brown, it will be due to Billy's incompetent coaching actions for the past 2 wasted years.... JMOHO of course....

Reactions: emekz1
I know it's only one game but we will likely find out at this point if Brown can pass the ball or not. Supposedly he wasn't that great at passing in practice but some players are gamers when they actually get on the field. A real bad game and I doubt he stays at UF unless it's because of baseball mostly but if he plays pretty good even in a loss he will have his chance to take the job in the Spring.

Cold off the bench, not been in a game at all since a few late game snaps early in the season.
He comes in for the 4th Qtr in a hostile away game vs the #9 ranked team and he does what?
He leads the team on consecutive scoring drives to give them a 31-30 lead with 1:47 left.

His Game Stats @ Mizzou:
Passing
- 4 of 5 80% for 56 Yds, 14 Yds/Comp, L-27
Completed a 4th down pass to K.Jackson for the 1st down.
Rushing
- 7 for 42 net Yds, 6.0 YPC, L-27 with another 1st down pickup on a 3rd down.

If anyone doesn't think that he did outstanding, considering where he was at and who was calling his plays, then you're either a Max hater / Mertz lover, or you're an idiot imo....

Cold off the bench, not been in a game at all since a few late game snaps early in the season.
He comes in for the 4th Qtr in a hostile away game vs the #9 ranked team and he does what?
He leads the team on consecutive scoring drives to give them a 31-30 lead with 1:47 left.

His Game Stats @ Mizzou:
Passing
Rushing

If anyone doesn't think that he did outstanding, considering where he was at and who was calling his plays, then you're either a Max hater / Mertz lover, or you're an idiot imo....
The throw to Jackson was a dart

His Game Stats @ Mizzou:
Passing
Rushing

So when Mertz sucks it's because he sucks, but if Brown sucks it will be because of Napier? No props for Mertz's bulldozing run?

I hadn't read this before I posted what I did, but here's a 2nd opinion for you if you want it....

"Brown operated with precision and poise."
Post game Max did the 'team' thing and spoke well of Mertz, so good on him for that too.

I have nothing against Mertz personally, he's just not the best choice imo, considering the team that's he's playing behind. On a team with a great OL and several great receivers, he might be a really good and successful short passing game QB-pp, but that's not Billy Napier's team today....

"In a relatively short sampling, the Tulsa, Oklahoma native flawlessly executed a handful of read options and undesigned quarterback scrambles, picking up 42 rushing yards on six carries against a Tigers defense that entered play allowing just 3.7 YPC.
When Brown didn’t use his legs, his improved understanding of defenses was apparent, too."

His Game Stats @ Mizzou:
Passing
Rushing

I hope he kicks butt but we will know a lot more after the FSU game.

I hadn't read this before I posted what I did, but here's a 2nd opinion for you if you want it....

Post game Max did the 'team' thing and spoke well of Mertz, so good on him for that too.

I have nothing against Mertz personally, he's just not the best choice imo, considering the team that's he's playing behind. On a team with a great OL and several great receivers, he might be a really good and successful short passing game QB-pp, but that's not Billy Napier's team today....

"In a relatively short sampling, the Tulsa, Oklahoma native flawlessly executed a handful of read options and undesigned quarterback scrambles, picking up 42 rushing yards on six carries against a Tigers defense that entered play allowing just 3.7 YPC.
When Brown didn’t use his legs, his improved understanding of defenses was apparent, too."

But in our last 6 games we are averaging almost 35 points per game.

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR

I just wished Billy would have loosened the reins and went for a TD in that last 2 minutes

So when Mertz sucks it's because he sucks, but if Brown sucks it will be because of Napier? No props for Mertz's bulldozing run?
Cg1 doing his usual nonsense WOKE boy trolling, trolling, trolling.
Where is your detailed point by point response to my posts, instead of just your usual crap?

I'm not here to pump up dink & dunk junk and sack record 5-6 Mertz or Napier.
Bulldozer Mertz got hurt and he went out of the game, so congrats on one of his only good runs.
What he discovered is that he's no Tebow, even if they let him wear that #15 jersey....

Everybody sucks (5-6) due to Napier, not just his xfer-in QB-pp M&M boyz.
I'd love to see both QB-pp Miller and Mertz xfer-out and do well elsewhere, where they could fit in better with a real QB-pp program and offense.

The 2024 QB Room, IF the iG was making up the new roster:
1. QB-dt Brown 6-2 220 rsSo
2. QB-dt Liese 6-2 215 rsFr
3. QB-dt Lagway 6-2 225 Fr, unless he beat the other 2 out with his actual play in Fall practice.
And I'd include a real OC that knows how to plan, run, and play call a dual threat QB offense....

But in our last 6 games we are averaging almost 35 points per game.
BTW you need to stop begging. -- 201/6 = 33.5

While going 2-4 in those 6 games, so you're thrilled with those 33.5 Pts, right???
Good to see and know what you think is most important.... 🙄

Cg1 doing his usual nonsense WOKE boy trolling, trolling, trolling.
Where is your detailed point by point response to my posts, instead of just your usual crap?

I'm not here to pump up dink & dunk junk and sack record 5-6 Mertz or Napier.
Bulldozer Mertz got hurt and he went out of the game, so congrats on one of his only good runs.
What he discovered is that he's no Tebow, even if they let him wear that #15 jersey....

Everybody sucks (5-6) due to Napier, not just his xfer-in QB-pp M&M boyz.
I'd love to see both QB-pp Miller and Mertz xfer-out and do well elsewhere, where they could fit in better with a real QB-pp program and offense.

The 2024 QB Room, IF the iG was making up the new roster:
1. QB-dt Brown 6-2 220 rsSo
2. QB-dt Liese 6-2 215 rsFr
3. QB-dt Lagway 6-2 225 Fr, unless he beat the other 2 out with his actual play in Fall practice.
And I'd include a real OC that knows how to plan, run, and play call a dual threat QB offense....
Mertz played awesome this year, and behind a horrible offensive line we averaged over 30 points per game in conference. So why would you want him to transfer out?

Reactions: sadgator
BTW you need to stop begging. -- 201/6 = 33.5

While going 2-4 in those 6 games, so you're thrilled with those 33.5 Pts, right???
Good to see and know what you think is most important.... 🙄
Instability you do realize that on average 30 points per game wins in college football....so yes, with 33.5 points per game you should win the majority of the time.

Mertz was terrific this year. 20 tds and 3 picks. There’s a lot to criticize about Napier, but he deserves credit for Mertz’ play as well. That run shows you what Mertz is about.

I liked what I saw from Brown also.
As has been told, Mertz was the team leader. Guys rallied around him. Without his stellar play, we might be looking at a 2 win season. Before the season I was a huge detractor of Mertz, but I was wrong.

Mertz played awesome this year, and behind a horrible offensive line we averaged over 30 points per game in conference. So why would you want him to transfer out?
My previous posts tell that story in detail and in full, but you don't seem to do well with reading comp, among other things.
So,,, once again, go annoy someone else's postings...
😴

There it is! The instability surrender signal!! Let's all hope Brown plays lights out Saturday.
Hell, I'm in the mood right now to pour in on, so here you go with an alternative to my QB room for 2024.

After the season ends, Brown and Leise both xfer out.
Napier refuses to hire a competent OC/QB's.
Seeing that happen, Lagway wises up and flips elsewhere.

Now you have HC/OC/QB's Napier running the full show again.
1. Mertz
2. Miller
3. While no other quality QB is wiling to come here and sit on the bench behind that lineup.
So QB's 3 thru 5 are the ain't got a chance anywhere else types, so they walk-on here....

NOW ENJOY YOUR COMING SAME-OLE SAME-0LE SEASON....

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1
Hell, I'm in the mood right now to pour in on, so here you go with an alternative to my QB room for 2024.

After the season ends, Brown and Leise both xfer out.
Napier refuses to hire a competent OC/QB's.
Seeing that happen, Lagway wises up and flips elsewhere.

Now you have HC/OC/QB's Napier running the full show again.
1. Mertz
2. Miller
3. While no other quality QB is wiling to come here and sit on the bench behind that lineup.
So QB's 3 thru 5 are the ain't got a chance anywhere else types, so they walk-on here....

NOW ENJOY YOUR COMING SAME-OLE SAME-0LE SEASON....
Nah, Mertz back as the starter, miller will most likely be gone, and Lagway gets a year before he takes over the reins. As to the OC, hopeful that Nappy Head hires one but more importantly turns over the play calling. Oddly enough, we are one missed FG and one 4th and 17 away from 7-4 right now. Brown will get his shot Saturday night, but whether he plays awesome or plays horrible it will be just a one game sample and should not be indicative of what he can or can't do.

Nah, Mertz back as the starter, miller will most likely be gone, and Lagway gets a year before he takes over the reins. As to the OC, hopeful that Nappy Head hires one but more importantly turns over the play calling. Oddly enough, we are one missed FG and one 4th and 17 away from 7-4 right now. Brown will get his shot Saturday night, but whether he plays awesome or plays horrible it will be just a one game sample and should not be indicative of what he can or can't do.
Cg1's motto must be, Stupid is as Stupid does, so I'm TOO STUPID TO BE ALLOWED! 😂

I guess it's just too bad that NOBODY in the world has any clue what QB-dt Max can do. I mean heck, nobody's ever seen him play before at all, so it's all just crystal ball speculation right now. 🙄

QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 220 rsFr

HS Sr Season:

14 Gms - 13-1, 6-0 Conf. - Awarded the Okla 3A MVP
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 yd/comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, ZERO fumbles.
Total Offense - 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 4 Turnovers!

Critics and Haters Say:
That's just HS. There's no way that he could do that at the College level in the SEC.

UF Career Stats:
(even wid-CBN lack of development and clueless play calling)
Passing - 10 of 12, 83% for 106 Yds, 10.6 Yd/Comp, QBR 157.78
Rushing - 8 for 42 Yds, 5.3 YPC

With very little playing time or coaching development,,,,,
Max and his results looks pretty close to EXACTLY the same to me, in HS and UF....

His cold off the bench 4th Qtr. Game Stats @ #9 Mizzou:
Passing - 4 of 5 80% for 56 Yds, 14 Yds/Comp, L-27
Rushing - 7 for 42 net Yds, 6.0 YPC, L-27 with another 1st down pickup on a 3rd down.
And he finished the game at UF 31-30 Mizzou with 1:47 on the clock.

So nope, not a clue on if he can play QB-dt or not,,, if you're in that deaf-dumb&blind group...

Last edited:
Cg1's motto must be, Stupid is as Stupid does, so I'm TOO STUPID TO BE ALLOWED! 😂

I guess it's just too bad that NOBODY in the world has any clue what QB-dt Max can do. I mean heck, nobody's ever seen him play before at all, so it's all just crystal ball speculation right now. 🙄

QB-dt Max Brown 6-2 220 rsFr

HS Sr Season:

14 Gms - 13-1, 6-0 Conf. - Awarded the Okla 3A MVP
P - 167 of 235, 71.1% for 2,750 yds, 16.5 yd/comp, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
R - 173 for 1,343 yds, 7.8 ypc, 20 TD's, ZERO fumbles.
Total Offense - 4,093 Yds, 61 TD's, 4 Turnovers!

Critics and Haters Say:
That's just HS. There's no way that he could do that at the College level in the SEC.

UF Career Stats:
(even wid-CBN lack of development and clueless play calling)
Passing - 10 of 12, 83% for 106 Yds, 10.6 Yd/Comp, QBR 157.78
Rushing - 8 for 42 Yds, 5.3 YPC

With very little playing time or coaching development,,,,,
Max and his results looks pretty close to EXACTLY the same to me, in HS and UF....

His cold off the bench 4th Qtr. Game Stats @ #9 Mizzou:
Passing - 4 of 5 80% for 56 Yds, 14 Yds/Comp, L-27
Rushing - 7 for 42 net Yds, 6.0 YPC, L-27 with another 1st down pickup on a 3rd down.
And he finished the game at UF 31-30 Mizzou with 1:47 on the clock.

So nope, not a clue on if he can play QB-dt or not,,, if you're in that deaf-dumb&blind group...
My point is that he shouldn't be judged off just 1 game with basically 1 week running with the first team. Even if he plays poorly, that doesn't mean he's not a good qb. I was very eager before the season to have him starting as I had no faith in Mertz and especially Miller. I thought, and still do, that he is a diamond in the rough. But Mertz has played extremely well and he's the lone bright spot this season. Now why did you stop posting Emory Jones' stats? Early in the season you were posting them comparing them to Mertz...you should do that again.

My point is that he shouldn't be judged off just 1 game with basically 1 week running with the first team. Even if he plays poorly, that doesn't mean he's not a good qb. I was very eager before the season to have him starting as I had no faith in Mertz and especially Miller. I thought, and still do, that he is a diamond in the rough. But Mertz has played extremely well and he's the lone bright spot this season. Now why did you stop posting Emory Jones' stats? Early in the season you were posting them comparing them to Mertz...you should do that again.
The same reason Insta no longer posts Mike White-Todd Golden win-loss comparisons. Oh and Georgia is 2-3 after their loss to Providence earlier today.

As has been told, Mertz was the team leader. Guys rallied around him. Without his stellar play, we might be looking at a 2 win season. Before the season I was a huge detractor of Mertz, but I was wrong.
sadgator too. Before the season, sadgator was making Fred Mertz jokes…

But that sumbitch had more Big D!ck Energy than any player we have seen in this program for the last freakin’ decade…

We should only be so lucky to have him come back…

I judged Miller on his bowl game performance, and that was just one game. Fair is Fair...

And I'll judge Brown on just one game, if he's the starter vs FSUcks, even with the vast handicaps he'll be playing under due to coaching decisions and their abilities.

That will be judging Max on HIS OWN INDIVIDUAL performance.
The rest of the offense also gets judged individually, and the OL also as a unit.
As does the NC/OC/QB's coach.
As does the coaching staffs combined game plan and the game day play calling.
The win or lose column is not what I'll be judging Brown's individual game performance on.

I'll be watching how he sets up the called play, and does he change the call at the line when needed?
On the run/pass option plays, is he choosing the best option?
Is he going through his reads on the pass routes?
Is he seeing and/or picking out the best receiver option, the best open man?
Is he pointing fingers when a play fails, or is he encouraging his teammates and quickly moving on to the next play?
Lots more stuff to watch and consider, even in just one game....

However, IF I judged that he played poorly, I wouldn't fire him or otherwise punish him.
But I'd rather not discuss what I might tell him privately, if that was available to me, which it isn't....

• Haha
Reactions: Countygator1
I judged Miller on his bowl game performance, and that was just one game. Fair is Fair...

And I'll judge Brown on just one game, if he's the starter vs FSUcks, even with the vast handicaps he'll be playing under due to coaching decisions and their abilities.

That will be judging Max on HIS OWN INDIVIDUAL performance.
The rest of the offense also gets judged individually, and the OL also as a unit.
As does the NC/OC/QB's coach.
As does the coaching staffs combined game plan and the game day play calling.
The win or lose column is not what I'll be judging Brown's individual game performance on.

I'll be watching how he sets up the called play, and does he change the call at the line when needed?
On the run/pass option plays, is he choosing the best option?
Is he going through his reads on the pass routes?
Is he seeing and/or picking out the best receiver option, the best open man?
Is he pointing fingers when a play fails, or is he encouraging his teammates and quickly moving on to the next play?
Lots more stuff to watch and consider, even in just one game....

However, IF I judged that he played poorly, I wouldn't fire him or otherwise punish him.
But I'd rather not discuss what I might tell him privately, if that was available to me, which it isn't....
Napier doesn't use RPO so that's out unless he breaks it out for Brown
Most of Napier's pass plays are single read, like the Dolphins, so that is out
I can't imagine he would be pointing fingers, although someone should at the OL
Unless you are at that game very difficult to tell if he doesn't pick out the best WR option, but no doubt that is one of your many superpowers.

If you do judge him to play poorly, my guess is the conversation would go something like this: Aliens must've invaded your body last night which led to poor performance, you should transfer to Georgia and play basketball for Mike White as he maximizes potential, and Todd Grantham says 3rd down is the least important down defensively so don't worry about 1st or 2nd down plays.

In spite of all this rattling your chain, I hope the kid goes out there and destroys the FSU defense. I hope he throws for 300 and runs for 200. Seems like a really good kid and he's a Gator who has stuck around for 2 years waiting for his chance. I respect that he did not transfer.

Offense is NOT our problem, especially the last half of the season. We are ranked 91st in D1 in total defense, 108th in red zone defense and 97th in turnover margin. We've only had 11 offensive turnovers, but the defense has only gotten 7 turnovers in 11 games.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Offense is NOT our problem, especially the last half of the season. We are ranked 91st in D1 in total defense, 108th in red zone defense and 97th in turnover margin. We've only had 11 offensive turnovers, but the defense has only gotten 7 turnovers in 11 games.
Yep. But if the Gators win Saturday 21-20 my suspicion is we are looking at a big fat told ya so from some.....

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT