ADVERTISEMENT

Those Mutha Fvckin Bulldogs...

I don’t think things need to be rearranged either but a UF/Bama game would be a bigger draw than Bama/UGA

For all our affronted fleas, let's look at this rationally.

Neither Florida or UGa excites the midwest or west crowd. Bama is the draw there, because Bama is the team that wins titles. So you gotta figure the other regions are going to draw about the same for either team against Bama. The Northeast doesn't care about CFB, so we ignore them.

That leaves the Southeast. I think it's reasonable to assume that the most interest in the game would come from the home state, and since Florida has 21 million people and Georgia has 4 million, I think we can tell which game would receive the higher ratings.

Sorry Ugaly, it's all about the numbers.

That’s not what I said but then again it’s you. The topic of a UF/Bama game on opening weekend was brought up and no other conference would match that set up. Bama/UGA will be the biggest draw if it is the opening game. However, since the SEC dropped the +1 other conferences have a chance to outdraw that game with a matchup between big programs.

For the record, UF/Bama is a bigger eyeball draw than UGA/Bama because they have been matching up regularly for bigger games for a decades now.
Lol

Reactions: fsumc
Ma’am or sir, I went back all the way to 2013, and UGA had higher viewer ratings than UF. Whether u guys like it or not, UGA is a national brand, and most would rather see UGA than UF,(and it ain’t close). You’re talking about the state of Fla. I’m talkin nation wide hoss.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

Neither Florida or UGa excites the midwest or west crowd. Bama is the draw there, because Bama is the team that wins titles. So you gotta figure the other regions are going to draw about the same for either team against Bama. The Northeast doesn't care about CFB, so we ignore them.

That leaves the Southeast. I think it's reasonable to assume that the most interest in the game would come from the home state, and since Florida has 21 million people and Georgia has 4 million, I think we can tell which game would receive the higher ratings.

4 million? Are you just trying to be wrong?

Hey Lizard, the population of Atlanta metro area is nearly 6 million itself! Come on man, state facts. Not skewed numbers to push your narrative.

Don’t think so. UF and Bama have had some much bigger games in the past decade or two when it comes to SEC matchups and SEC title game matchups. UF is also certainly a bigger national draw than UGA. You have to take into account UF has also won a few national championships in the modern era whereas UGA not so much. Much more history in the UF/Bama game as well.

Hey Paco, these 17-25 yr olds don’t care about what you did 30 yrs ago or us 40 yrs ago. They care about who they see on tv winning/competing for ships. The UGA brand is there my man. That’s why UGA draws more viewers than UF. Check for yourself. These are facts sir.

Hey Paco, these 17-25 yr olds don’t care about what you did 30 yrs ago or us 40 yrs ago. They care about who they see on tv winning/competing for ships. The UGA brand is there my man. That’s why UGA draws more viewers than UF. Check for yourself. These are facts sir.
What are you talking about? We are talking about what game would draw more national attention. That has nothing to do with 17-25 yr olds unless you think that is the only age bracket that watches college football. This has more to do with UF and Bama are more national type programs than UGA. The fact that UGA hasn’t had a national title in 40 years doesn’t make you a national program. Also the UF/Bama game is somewhat of a rivalry game due to them playing some pretty big games against each other over the years and multiple SEC title games. There hasn’t been that many big games between UGA and Bama at all. Mainly because UGA hasn’t had much significance on the national scene.

By the way UF won a championship 12 years ago. So not sure where the 30 years ago came from. You are right about UGA and 40 years ago though.

Don’t think so. UF and Bama have had some much bigger games in the past decade or two when it comes to SEC matchups and SEC title game matchups. UF is also certainly a bigger national draw than UGA. You have to take into account UF has also won a few national championships in the modern era whereas UGA not so much. Much more history in the UF/Bama game as well.
Name the last meaningful Bama-UF game

UF a more national brand than UGA? Are you freakin kiddin me? How many kids have UF pulled in from Cali, Washington, or Nevada, or Philly, or NY in the last 5 yrs bud? You WERE a more national brand, but not now.

4 million? Are you just trying to be wrong?

HA!

Apologies to the fleas. I googled "Georgia population 2020", and it popped up as just under 4 million. Saw the number and ran with it.

Seems I forgot there is a COUNTRY named Georgia!

Still, at 10 million Florida is twice is big. The argument holds up.

Last edited:
UF a more national brand than UGA? Are you freakin kiddin me? How many kids have UF pulled in from Cali, Washington, or Nevada, or Philly, or NY in the last 5 yrs bud? You WERE a more national brand, but not now.

When you run out of payola, that will end.

Ma’am or sir, I went back all the way to 2013, and UGA had higher viewer ratings than UF. Whether u guys like it or not, UGA is a national brand, and most would rather see UGA than UF,(and it ain’t close). You’re talking about the state of Fla. I’m talkin nation wide hoss.

Wrong.

Just last year Florida LSU had the highest cable rating in YEARS. Try again.

I’m pretty sure UF has kids on the team from all over the country as well. I’m not sure your comment really makes much sense. And I’m not sure that has anything to do with a team being a national brand. If you haven’t won a national title in 40 years you certainly aren’t a national brand or program. Look at all the programs that have won a national title more recently than UGA. You don’t want to go through that list do you? Especially since even GT is on that list.

You sure stake a lot on losing one title game. Tell me, without looking it up, who did Ohio State beat in the 2015 title game? Here's a hint, they were also in the 2011 title game. Now that you've looked it up, are THEY a big national draw? When they are playing, do you say "oh look who's playing, they were in the title game a couple of years ago, I need to watch this game". I'm thinking, no.

Trust me, go outside the southeast, NOBODY remembers or cares who Alabama beat for the 2017 title. NOBODY. And frankly, pretty much nobody in the southeast cares either.

Your time is up! Not a trash talking board. At least provide some substance other than just because you say so!

You had already been given 1 warning awhile back as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
? We play Auburn yearly. Last year we played A&M and Auburn. 2018 at LSU and Auburn. 2017 we spanked Mullen/MSU and played Auburn.
I may be in the minority of Dawgs, but I'm fine opening up in Tuscaloosa with no film on our offense for Saban to use.
Although it's not firm, rumor has it y'all pick up Bama and TA&M while we pick up Arky and Miss St. That will be interesting. :)

What offense? Of course you have no film of your offense, you lost all 11 starters from last year. This somehow comforts you?

? We play Auburn yearly. Last year we played A&M and Auburn. 2018 at LSU and Auburn. 2017 we spanked Mullen/MSU and played Auburn.
I may be in the minority of Dawgs, but I'm fine opening up in Tuscaloosa with no film on our offense for Saban to use.
Although it's not firm, rumor has it y'all pick up Bama and TA&M while we pick up Arky and Miss St. That will be interesting. :)
Different year...doesn't matter to me, we will win this year and because of that your fan base will hardly show up on this site.

The south loves college football. Out West they hardly watch it.... don't follow it. I'll probably not watch any game except for the Cowboys in the NFL this year. I love football.

LG89 living in the 1990s. :D

As I said, when I searched it Google gave me the country not the state.

And, as great as the 90's was, the 00's were better. Won more titles in a 3 year span than Ugaly has in their entire history, and tossed in a couple of basketball titles to boot. If I was gonna live in a decade, that would be my choice.

As I said, when I searched it Google gave me the country not the state.

And, as great as the 90's was, the 00's were better. Won more titles in a 3 year span than Ugaly has in their entire history, and tossed in a couple of basketball titles to boot. If I was gonna live in a decade, that would be my choice.
Not entirely true but I can't argue about your 00"s success.

All of the dog fans are snowflaking...

Here is the point. It has been a minute since UF has played Bama. This will be the first time Bama has played UF with Mullen as coach.

Bama has played UGA as of recent. The key for Bama to beat UGA is to put whoever the 2nd string QB is in during the 2nd half and it's a Bama win.

Only joking but hold your dawg nuts and quit being bitches.

If UGA hadn’t missed their window, there might be more national interest. Now that they’ll be taking a step back, Florida is clearly the more interesting team...real shame for them...
Hahaha... missed our window. Wishful thinking Sad. It's about to be 4 in a row.
Happy Halloween brother. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT