ADVERTISEMENT

Those Mutha Fvckin Bulldogs...

...are gonna get out of playin’ Bama on the road to open up...

sumbitches...the one year they have a tough cross-divisional game...incredible...
? We play Auburn yearly. Last year we played A&M and Auburn. 2018 at LSU and Auburn. 2017 we spanked Mullen/MSU and played Auburn.
I may be in the minority of Dawgs, but I'm fine opening up in Tuscaloosa with no film on our offense for Saban to use.
Although it's not firm, rumor has it y'all pick up Bama and TA&M while we pick up Arky and Miss St. That will be interesting. :)

Reactions: LoyDAWG
Why and how?
Dates haven't been set so no one really knows right now, but to answer your question... China is the why. China has screwed up CFB season.
giphy.gif

? We play Auburn yearly. Last year we played A&M and Auburn. 2018 at LSU and Auburn. 2017 we spanked Mullen/MSU and played Auburn.
I may be in the minority of Dawgs, but I'm fine opening up in Tuscaloosa with no film on our offense for Saban to use.
Although it's not firm, rumor has it y'all pick up Bama and TA&M while we pick up Arky and Miss St. That will be interesting. :)
Auburn is a tough consistent opponent. aTm is average.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
2019 UF played Auburn and LSU. We've played LSU and Bama when they were both stout in the early 10's.

These 2 additional games may end up not being the "next 2 in the rotation." In other words, we may get bent over as usual by the SEC.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
...are gonna get out of playin’ Bama on the road to open up...

sumbitches...the one year they have a tough cross-divisional game...incredible...

Sad,

You never gave a coherent response as to how UGA would get out of playing Bama.

Are you saying that the delayed start to the SEC season will somehow enable UGA to drop a previously scheduled opponent ?

Per Newsweek, (below), that game will not be played on Sept 19th, but IMO, it will be rescheduled & moved to Sept 26.

Since UGA's three early season OOC games -
Virginia - Sept 7
East Tenn State - Sept 12
Univ Louisana Monroe- Sept 26
https://fbschedules.com/georgia-football-schedule/

are now canceled, IMO, UGA's 1st game of the season will be their SEC game, on the road, at Bama which will be moved from Sept 19 to Sept 26.

"...The SEC not only will hold a 10-game conference schedule, it will delay its season by three weeks. The SEC will now begin its season on Sept. 26. The SEC title game is now scheduled for Dec. 19"

..https://www.newsweek.com/sec-football-adopts-10-game-schedule-delays-season-late-september-2020-1521804#:~:text=One day after the Atlantic,its season on Sept. 26.

Every SEC team is adding 2 more conference games from the other division; no one has reported that any SEC team will be dropping any games already scheduled.

How / why could UGA drop their scheduled game with Bama ?

UGA actually in worse shape than before this new scheduling !

By canceling their three OOC games, UGA will not have any "tune-up" games before playing Bama.

Gators have two early season OOC opponents scheduled -
Eastern Washington - Sept 5
South Alabama - Sept 19

Tennessee is already scheduled for Sept 26 so I don't see moving that. I am curious as to what they do with the Kentucky game scheduled for Sept 12.

It looks as though, Kentucky & the two SEC West opponents we will pick up will be added to the end of the season replacing New Mexico State - Nov 21 & FSU - Nov 28, & with the third game scheduled for Dec 5.- giving us a week off before we go to Atlanta & kick some SEC West A**ss in the SEC CG !

If, as Paco suggests, we end up scheduling aTm & Bama, I think Kentucky will stay as a home game - no reason to change that.
aTm, becomes a home game - because we are scheduled to go to Kyle Field in 2022, & we will play Bama on the road because they are scheduled to visit BHG in 2021.

Obviously that is too simple & they will screw with everything !

Last edited:
sadgator just likes saying “mutha fvcking bulldogs.”

Sad,

Love your idiom with regard to the Dawgs !

Agree that there is no way to predict how the new 10 game SEC Schedules will turn out.

Saw where Paco got his prediction on which teams we will add -

Ross Dellenger
@RossDellenger

·
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1288602088549814279

If SEC prezs vote conference-only, 2 additional SEC games could be the next 2 in each team's rotation.

&have to admit it makes a certain painful sort of sense !

Cream puff schedule, bama would have throttled you.....again

Play the regular schedule, or just shut down ALL Gator sports for a full year. :cool:

With 3 proven cures out there, ignore the hoax and return to normal with the Fall semester. o_O

I'm bored to tears with this crap, so maybe I'll take a year off it they continue with this Kung Flu hoax crap. :mad:

Cream puff schedule, bama would have throttled you.....again

If we have to play Bama, I'd rather get them first game. Even on the road. Why not? They have an almost new QB, tons of weapons lost, and unlike Georgia, we have a fully installed offense with a returning leader. Plus, not very many fans means a lot less home field advantage. Am I saying we win the game? No. Am I saying it's our best chance in over a decade? You betcha.

If we have to play Bama, I'd rather get them first game. Even on the road. Why not? They have an almost new QB, tons of weapons lost, and unlike Georgia, we have a fully installed offense with a returning leader. Plus, not very many fans means a lot less home field advantage. Am I saying we win the game? No. Am I saying it's our best chance in over a decade? You betcha.

I agree with this. If Bama is going to end up on our schedule, I want it as early as possible.

now they'll likely get Vandy or something first game and play ya in week 8 or something, but it would be nice to have a leg up on them for once.

I'm big time in favor of this. Play them right out the gate.

I can’t think of a bigger conference matchup across the country that would be bigger than UF/Bama on opening weekend. Unless they moved up Mich/OhSt but that would be more hype than anything because Michigan is pretty mediocre.

Reactions: sadgator
What is funny? The ACC can’t match that, the Big10 won’t move Mich/OhSt, Pac12?, Big12 Texas/OU is the only major rivalry game they have that people pay attention to. The SEC has quite a few matchups they could throw out on opening weekend that would deliver a ratings bonanza for them. UF/Bama absolutely would.

The SEC has quite a few matchups they could throw out on opening weekend that would deliver a ratings bonanza for them. UF/Bama absolutely would.

fsumc,

Good Thought !

Would they reschedule our Tenn game (currently Sept 26th) or go with a week zero concept & play it on Sept 19th ?

UF / Bama for a Sept 19th or Sept 26th night game would have every TV in the US tuned in !

College Game Day & Super Bowl Ratings !

"...Assuming there are games played in 2020, ESPN has confirmed that College GameDay will take place."

https://247sports.com/Article/ESPN-...s-played-Lee-Corso-Kirk-Herbstreit-149214293/.

Bama then Tenn doable if one of them a home game; no one wants to play two SEC road games in a row especially not to start the season.

All these hypothetical situations obviously depend upon the pandemic conditions & how much they want to change the existing schedules.

The regular schedule,,, or just go ahead and skip a full year in all sports. :confused:

What is funny? The ACC can’t match that, the Big10 won’t move Mich/OhSt, Pac12?, Big12 Texas/OU is the only major rivalry game they have that people pay attention to. The SEC has quite a few matchups they could throw out on opening weekend that would deliver a ratings bonanza for them. UF/Bama absolutely would.
What’s funny is you are saying Bama/UF would be bigger than the current opening of Bama/UGA. Don’t see why things would need to be arranged to start with.

What’s funny is you are saying Bama/UF would be bigger than the current opening of Bama/UGA. Don’t see why things would need to be arranged to start with.
I don’t think things need to be rearranged either but a UF/Bama game would be a bigger draw than Bama/UGA

That’s not what I said but then again it’s you. The topic of a UF/Bama game on opening weekend was brought up and no other conference would match that set up. Bama/UGA will be the biggest draw if it is the opening game. However, since the SEC dropped the +1 other conferences have a chance to outdraw that game with a matchup between big programs.

For the record, UF/Bama is a bigger eyeball draw than UGA/Bama because they have been matching up regularly for bigger games for a decades now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT