ADVERTISEMENT

This one is on the coaches...

NYCapple

Chomp Artist
Nov 19, 2012
just horrible planning. These guys looked like they weren’t fired up to play a Missouri team that could beat them! Seems like they read the newspapers too much.
Missouri is a decent football game, but they got out coached and the result was not getting the kids in sync.
Just sick.

Team was flat but you cant get a team really psyched good more than maybe 3 or 4 times a season.

Team was flat but you cant get a team really psyched good more than maybe 3 or 4 times a season.
I was always told by my coaches that basically discipline lasts longer than momentum. Shoot...just gotta do a better job than that.

just horrible planning. These guys looked like they weren’t fired up to play a Missouri team that could beat them! Seems like they read the newspapers too much.
Missouri is a decent football game, but they got out coached and the result was not getting the kids in sync.
Just sick.

Probably more so on your mom for keeping the players up all night.

What do you propose they should have done differently?

More screens? More pressure? More option? More man coverage? More play action? More Booze? More screen names? More abandonment issues?

I don’t think the coaching was very good today...BUT based on what I have seen it has been very good coaching just to get this team to 6 wins. Dan did it with smoke and mirrors and other things but now it has been figured out by opposing teams.

The players are not executing the game plan. Watching UF tape, opposing coaches now know that we were successful on offense by running the ball and throwing flat passes and bubble screens. Missouri loaded the box and took away the running game, plus they took away the flats. We had receivers running open downfield, but Franks couldn't hit them. The coaches can only call plays that put guys in position to succeed. We didn't execute. On defense, we missed a ton of tackles and we have glaring weakneses in pass coverage. And we don't have run-stoppers in the trenches and have to rely on tenacity and effort. Like the Longhorn ad says, "You can't fake steak." A football team can only fake being good for so long. We have been exposed. Mullen is an excellent coach and he will get us back to where we need to be. But it's going to take time, just like we all said before the season started.

Last edited:
The players are not executing the game plan. Watching UF tape, opposing coaches now know that we were successful on offense by running the ball and throwing flat passes and bubble screens. Missouri loaded the box and took away the running game, plus they took away the flats. We had receivers running open downfield, but Franks couldn't hit them. The coaches can only call plays that put guys in position to succeed. We didn't execute. On defense, we missed a ton of tackles and we have glaring weakneses in pass coverage. And we don't have run-stoppers in the trenches and have to rely on tenacity and effort. Like the Outback ad says, "You can't fake steak." A football team can only fake being good for so long. We have been exposed. Mullen is an excellent coach and he will get us back to where we need to be. But it's going to take time, just like we all said before the season started.
We had WRs running wide open but Franks can’t hit the broad side of a barn. His accuracy has always been a problem and continues to be a problem.

We had WRs running wide open but Franks can’t hit the broad side of a barn. His accuracy has always been a problem and continues to be a problem.

QB Season Passing Stats:

Franks - 125 of 225, 55.56%, 1,595 yds, 7.01 yds/att, 16 TD's, 6 Ints, QBR 133.24
(given every time/coaching starter advantage, so Dan, Wake-TF-UP)

Trask - 14 of 22, 63.64%, 162 yds, 7.36 yds/att, 1 TD, 0 Int, QBR 140.49
(sharing backup time/coaching with Jones)

Makes me wonder why he keeps on saying that he's playing the QB that gives us the best chance to win.... :confused:

QB Season Passing Stats:

Franks - 125 of 225, 55.56%, 1,595 yds, 7.01 yds/att, 16 TD's, 6 Ints, QBR 133.24
(given every time/coaching starter advantage, so Dan, Wake-TF-UP)

Trask - 14 of 22, 63.64%, 162 yds, 7.36 yds/att, 1 TD, 0 Int, QBR 140.49
(sharing backup time/coaching with Jones)

Makes me wonder why he keeps on saying that he's playing the QB that gives us the best chance to win.... :confused:
Franks has struggled going thru the progressions. He is a gator and I support him no matter what, its just that he at times struggles with having a feel for the play and his timing. Both are vital for a QB.

Trask made some very critical errors you don’t want to see... taking sacks etc. If he’s going to come off the sidelines, he cannot take coverage sacks that cost us 10-15 yards. He also has to be ready to help call coverage at the line.

crapple you always talk about other posters being better fans, maybe you need to take some of your own advice. You are always quick to criticise after Florida losses, but after big wins, you disappear.

That's not being a good fan, that's being a bad person.

These kids need support ALL the time. Not just when you want to give it.

You should be here to support the kids when they win AND lose. Not just when you feel like pointing fingers and looking down on them.

Shame on you.

Franks seems like a good kid. (Here comes the BUT)

He is clearly not progressing as he should.

He simply cannot process what he needs to process in the time he has to process it.

I don’t know if that’s on Mullen or Franks.

Is Mullen asking Franks to execute a game plan he simply can’t execute or is Franks just not performing?

There is CLEARLY an issue. How we turn a 2nd and 1into a punt is beyond comprehension.

We were 1-27 on 3rd and 9 or more going into the game. Those are obvious passing situations and it’s obvious Franks isn’t getting it done.

The defense has looked awful for a few games now, specifically the secondary. We had the nice goal line stand against UGA, but other than that, the D has been subpar for weeks.

We have all been watching Gator football for years. Every year, the team has a personality. This team is schizophrenic. Does anyone have any insight into locker room issues?

Did Mullen ride them in practice this week, so they decided to give no effort in a knee jerk tantrum of retaliation?

I don’t know, but what I saw looked like a lack of effort on defense. I know we have secondary issues, but we were playing so far off the receivers and the Mizzou RBs were having huge success when they bounced it outside the tackles. I have never seen us get beat to the edge so badly that I recall.

That was a stinker. The film sessions will be brutal this week.

I say we ban the orange end zones.

Reactions: sadgator
crapple you always talk about other posters being better fans, maybe you need to take some of your own advice. You are always quick to criticise after Florida losses, but after big wins, you disappear.

That's not being a good fan, that's being a bad person.

These kids need support ALL the time. Not just when you want to give it.

You should be here to support the kids when they win AND lose. Not just when you feel like pointing fingers and looking down on them.

Shame on you.

You must be joking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT