ADVERTISEMENT

The Gators Spring game...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

Crazy this Spring game is just on ESPN+ and not at least on the SEC channel. They are showing a damn college baseball game that will get hardly any viewers instead. I might have to try and finally figure out how to put my computer feed on the TV. Hopefully the rain has passed by game time.

I guess what I most interested in seeing is what QB gets to play with most of the 1st string players for the game. If I remember right Napier had mostly the ones on offense going against the ones on defense in last year's game.

Curious to see how the new D line players stack up against the new O line players also. Will Boardingham and that other new TE actually get to catch some passes?

Crazy this Spring game is just on ESPN+ and not at least on the SEC channel. They are showing a damn college baseball game that will get hardly any viewers instead. I might have to try and finally figure out how to put my computer feed on the TV. Hopefully the rain has passed by game time.

I guess what I most interested in seeing is what QB gets to play with most of the 1st string players for the game. If I remember right Napier had mostly the ones on offense going against the ones on defense in last year's game.

Curious to see how the new D line players stack up against the new O line players also. Will Boardingham and that other new TE actually get to catch some passes?

Just run an hdmi from comp to tv

Came across the Vandy spring game and it reminded me of last season.

The beat us right when things were looking good.

Anyone able to figure out who would be the starters at this point looking at the orange/blue rosters? If its like last season I think on offense it will be who starts for the Orange team and on Defense who starts for the Blue team. Injured players are listed but I think you can read into that possibly that George is in front of Goodwin on the O line at this point. Really curious to see if Banks is in there on the D line right off the bat for the blue team. It looks like at this point Jackson would be starting over Watson. The Orange WRs are no surprise though I see the true freshman developing pretty fast during the season.

"Pregame throws are way off from all the QBs."

Not playing tonight apparently... most we already knew were out.

LB Derek Wingo
LB Teradja Mitchell
WR Ja'Quavion Fraziars
TE Dante Zanders
TE Jonathan Odom
TE Keon Zipperer
OL Micah Mazzccua
OL Jalen Farmer
OL Kam Waites
OL Kingsley Eguakun
CB Devin Moore
CB Ethan Pouncey
DL Antwaun Powell-Ryland

Defense is blitzing just about every play. Pretty surprised by that. Usually you don’t see that stuff in spring games. With that being said the defense is going to be much better than last year although we need some help at safety.

Defense is blitzing just about every play. Pretty surprised by that. Usually you don’t see that stuff in spring games. With that being said the defense is going to be much better than last year although we need some help at safety.

Banks and Jackson look like legit SEC DTs.

Reactions: PacoGator19
The dline is going to be very good this year. If we had some good QB play we could have a good team. We are LOADED at RB. Maybe the best RB core we have had since the Spurrier days and maybe since the Neal Anderson, Lorenzo Hampton and James Jones days.

Yep I am starting to think none of these 3 QBs are capable of being an average SEC QB.

We cant snap the ball, cant kick a FG and have QBs that cant produce apparently. If Napier doesnt get the money people to buy a proven QB for 2024 for that one year he might not survive.

Simmons could probably come in and play better than these QBs right away looking at his pocket passing on his high school tape.

Unacceptable.

Why does Florida need multiple rebuilding years?
If Florida is “rebuilding” again for the second straight year…it is only because the coaches we have hired don’t know what to do with the talent they have and/or are unwilling or unable to supplement the roster with any needed talent via transfers the same way every other freaking school in the country seems to have no problem doing.

If Florida is “rebuilding” again for the second straight year…it is only because the coaches we have hired don’t know what to do with the talent they have and/or are unwilling or unable to supplement the roster with any needed talent the same way every other freaking school in the country seems to have no problem doing.

It appears to be a multi level illness that includes the boosters and the administration.

But that's none of my business so I'll be over here drinking sweet tea with Kermit the Frog.

I like the additions elsewhere but Napier has to own the situation we are facing at QB for 2023 and 2024. He is the coach that didnt land one blue chip QB his first 2 classes and didnt fight for the one he had signed. Could be wrong on this one but I think he is the one that thought we could get away with Mertz despite his extended playing time showing what he is. I just have a feeling Napier if he pushed the boosters hard could have got one of those portal QBs with 2 years remaining that had shown they were pretty good QBs. Hopefully the money people will bail him out with a one year proven QB for 2024 at least as that year's schedule is going to be no joke.

I like the additions elsewhere but Napier has to own the situation we are facing at QB for 2023 and 2024. He is the coach that didnt land one blue chip QB his first 2 classes and didnt fight for the one he had signed. Could be wrong on this one but I think he is the one that thought we could get away with Mertz despite his extended playing time showing what he is. I just have a feeling Napier if he pushed the boosters hard could have got one of those portal QBs with 2 years remaining that had shown they were pretty good QBs. Hopefully the money people will bail him out with a one year proven QB for 2024 at least as that year's schedule is going to be no joke.
The chances of signing a blue chip QB are next to non existent these days in a transition class due to early signing day. You have to hope either the prior head coach already has a commitment from one that you can try and hold on too or you have to already have a prior relationship with one from your previous position. I don’t blame Napier for that class. Last year with Rashada wasn’t his fault either but yeah we didn’t get a blue chip QB. Napier is gonna have to hold on and continue to show progress and get either Lagway or Simmons up to speed and developed as quickly as possible in order to be successful. The talent level of the team is improving drastically through recruiting but yes you need a QB to reach and win championships. It is the best recruiting staff we have had since the Meyer regime.

The chances of signing a blue chip QB are next to non existent these days in a transition class due to early signing day. You have to hope either the prior head coach already has a commitment from one that you can try and hold on too or you have to already have a prior relationship with one from your previous position. I don’t blame Napier for that class. Last year with Rashada wasn’t his fault either but yeah we didn’t get a blue chip QB. Napier is gonna have to hold on and continue to show progress and get either Lagway or Simmons up to speed and developed as quickly as possible in order to be successful. The talent level of the team is improving drastically through recruiting but yes you need a QB to reach and win championships. It is the best recruiting staff we have had since the Meyer regime.

I think a problem is recruiting could get hurt on those good players not requiring big NIL if we have 3 straight mediocre seasons. I could be wrong but even with a longer leash he is in big trouble if we dont have a decent QB for 2024 and its really rolling the dice depending on a true freshman to produce that year. Miller is terrible when put on the run and Mertz is what he was at Wisconsin apparently. Maybe some mini-miracle happens and we get a decent QB in this window as it shouldnt affect us if one of those 2 QBs left. Crazy a Kiffin can get what he did when he has a likely starter already there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT