ADVERTISEMENT

The fall of Saigon is happening again in real-time.

nail1988

Bull Gator
Jan 14, 2004
Last edited:
I didn’t complain when Trump made the deal with the Taliban to withdraw all US forces. It’s a shame the Taliban are taking over again, but twenty years is enough.

Agree, we did all that we could and probably more than we should have. You cannot export democracy. It just doesn't work that way. It's sort of like entitlements...it's a grand idea but the practice fails at every turn.

Now if they allow someone like al-qaeda back in and they mean the world harm, it's game on again.

Agree, we did all that we could and probably more than we should have. You cannot export democracy. It just doesn't work that way. It's sort of like entitlements...it's a grand idea but the practice fails at every turn.

Now if they allow someone like al-qaeda back in and they mean the world harm, it's game on again.
Protect our borders, let them kill each other. We have bigger fish to fry

Agree...but they crossed our borders last time. We can't allow it to happen again.
Agreed but with no security check and people running rampant in air ports. I hate TSA with a passion but I respect their duty to prevent people coming to this country to harm this country.

The last person I dealt with at an air port was TSA and I wanted to punch him in the face.

Agreed but with no security check and people running rampant in air ports. I hate TSA with a passion but I respect their duty to prevent people coming to this country to harm this country.

The last person I dealt with at an air port was TSA and I wanted to punch him in the face.

Any organization that is run by the feds or the state will suck out loud, by design.

It was never going to work in Afghanistan. That country is so splintered and ran by so many tribal chiefs. It was only a matter of time before the Taliban moved back in, and sharing a border with Pakistan didn’t make matters any better.

Reactions: goldmom
I just remembered that Afghanistan borders China. If China wants to be a superpower, they can start with their own backyard.

As you know, that's occurring as we speak. In an odd way, China's iron fist approach might work better for them in Afghanistan than our approach did. The Soviet Union tried that approach but at a time when their leaders cared about the cash they were spending and the lives lost. China won't care about either.

I don't personally care if China adds Afghanistan to their ever growing list of problems.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
As you know, that's occurring as we speak. In an odd way, China's iron fist approach might work better for them in Afghanistan than our approach did. The Soviet Union tried that approach but at a time when their leaders cared about the cash they were spending and the lives lost. China won't care about either.

I don't personally care if China adds Afghanistan to their ever growing list of problems.
It won’t be a problem because China is going about this as a business and they’ve been doing so for over a decade. While we’ve been spilling blood they have been buying up land with natural resources. China made a deal with GiROA and we sat back with NATO and watched it happen. Now regime change is upon Afghanistan and China is ensuring those land rights will still be honored. They’re basically paying some insurance. Russia and China have both reached out and established working relationships with Taliban which is why it is a complete joke when the UN or someone from this administration/govt says “we won’t recognize you.” Nancy Pelosi would do us all a big favor by keeping her dumbass mouth shut instead of making hollowed gestured threats about gender inequality when she has zero power to do anything about it. Biden’s handling of this has been a big enough joke, having a dried up old slut in her 80s making comments only makes us look weaker.

Ghani has left the building.

“Mr. Ghani, who fled the presidential palace and spent Sunday morning at the U.S. Embassy, left the Afghan capital in the afternoon. “God will hold him accountable and the people of Afghanistan will make their judgment,” Kabul’s chief peace negotiator said in a video message. A senior security official confirmed Mr. Ghani’s departure.”

• Sad
Reactions: ukalum1988
The Afghan military had the Taliban significantly outnumbered and outgunned, and had an airforce, and still folded almost immediately.

They made their decision. Now it’s time for us to gtfo and let them sort it out.

If the Afghani military simply refuses to fight, there‘s not much we can do.
Some places are just going to need American air power and command and control and communication abilities to get a job done. We yanked all that away so fast they really didn’t have time to adjust even if they were capable. It’s been 20 years fighting a war you’d like to see them find a better way to pull out.

The Afghan military significantly relied on (mostly) American airpower to keep the Taliban at bay. The Afghans generally fought well knowing that American jets and helicopters were available to take out Taliban targets. (Edit to add that I will concede that outside of a small group of special forces that generally fought well, much of the Afghan army was pretty inferior to the Taliban without air support).

Biden’s sudden decision to withdraw left the Afghanis with their ass out hanging in the breeze. Not only did they did suddenly lose American air support, they lost on the ground expertise in keeping the Afghan Air Force flying. I read that the Afghans were having to resort to Zoom calls with contractors for guidance on repairs.

Biden can try to blame Trump and / or the Afghans all he wants, but he owns this failure and its consequences….completely.

Didn’t Trump agree to a complete withdrawal by May of 2021? I don’t understand how you square this with blaming Biden for not keeping American forces in Afghanistan.

And to be clear, I’m happy we’re leaving. I’m sorry for the people who will now have to live in the Middle Ages again, but I truly believe the same result would have happened if we left in 2002, now, or 2035.

Didn’t Trump agree to a complete withdrawal by May of 2021? I don’t understand how you square this with blaming Biden for not keeping American forces in Afghanistan.

And to be clear, I’m happy we’re leaving. I’m sorry for the people who will now have to live in the Middle Ages again, but I truly believe the same result would have happened if we left in 2002, now, or 2035.
This is not political this is bad no matter which side does it. We could’ve pulled back to 5000 troops and kept a few airbases over there and nothing would’ve changed much.

The biggest joke is how useless the soldiers we trained appear to be. Its like they have no fight in them without things being made easy.

Still a joke we did a cluster**** pullout like this.

Reactions: goldmom
Welp I am the outlier. We should have never even thought about withdrawal under Trump, Biden or whoever. We are still in Japan, Korea and Germany. All safer places for sure but still we are there. How much more should we be in a place where terrorist still have a strong presence? If you wanted the outcome of peace and a modern terrorist free Afghanistan without a 50 year commitment then you must hunt down and liquidate the Taliban and AQ. Hiding on bases, half assing the training of the Afghan army, patrolling cities with troops will not get it done. Only eradication will work and it has to be proactive, ongoing and with the most liberal of ROE. It must be thorough.

Afghanistan does not have an Air Force. They may have one in name but in a society that is highly illiterate no Air Force you muster is going to be capable of much.

We’ve been drawing troops down for a number of years. This kind of takeover was never even close to happening because the reality is the world recognizes strength. If the Taliban had any inclination that we would start taking them out if they started a take over they would not be doing what they are doing now. They were making their way into the Afghanistan govt as parliament members, there are regions in that country that want Taliban representatives/government. Biden is weak and they know he would do nothing when they started on this path. No need in slowly participating in the government when the henhouse door has been left wide open. This is why we are watching this fall a part.

Keep your eye on Pakistan the next ten years. They helped create this monster in Afghanistan and this version of the Taliban is worse than the one we toppled 20 years ago.

I would think more Iran in terms of another proxy army.
Iran has heavy influence in western Afghanistan but the Pashtuns make up a majority of the country. And Pashtuns live in both Afghanistan and Pakistan. As things become declassified over the years you’ll get to read about Pakistan’s involvement. Bin Laden was hiding out down the street from Pakistan’s version of West Point. That’s not coincidental.

Remember when The Groper Joe didn't know where he was going? The dumbass even pronounced Taliban, Tolly Bon.

lmao2.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT