ADVERTISEMENT

The Canary Has Landed

Mt.DoraGator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2013
I have referred to VB III as Napier's canary in the coal mine several times.
Reason 1) Had VB III committed elsewhere it would have been a huge nail in BN's coffin, a superstar double generation legacy not committing to Florida would have been a disaster and a signal that the ship is on the way down.
Reason 2) Now that VB III has committed, will he actually enroll at UF? All along VB III has said he wants to see improvement in the Gators' on field performance. Should he not see improvement and decommits that would indicate to me that he and his family think the rebuild at UF is futile...and Napier will be toast....then Lagway and most studs will transfer out (see ASU a few years ago).
Reason 3) Should the Gators have a marginal or worse W-L record in 2024 (Win 5 games or less) and VB III remains a Gator that is a huge boost for Napier and provides a glimmer of hope for the future. However if VB III bails that means the ship cannot be righted.
Not a reason... if the Gators have a more successful season than many pundits predict all of this is moot. Nobody will be going anywhere.
Want to know Napier's future? Watch the Gators on the field and especially the actions of VB III.
Hoping the canary will be whistling the Florida Fight Song for at least 3 years!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.