ADVERTISEMENT

Surprising Revelation with Callaway's situation.

Damn this pisses me off. UF is better than this. We need to make this right. And yes, if I knew how to do that, I'd be posting it right here right now. But somebody at UF knows what to do, and they need to do it.

And I don't think this current situation is particularly reflective of a lack of standard procedure. By all accounts, UF followed the standard procedures. They just made a dumb decision at the end of the process.

Your CoC hearings aren't typically conducted by a hired outside arbitrator. This isn't standard.

Damn this pisses me off. UF is better than this. We need to make this right. And yes, if I knew how to do that, I'd be posting it right here right now. But somebody at UF knows what to do, and they need to do it.
Ok...well...maybe the appointment isn't the greatest decision ever...however people are acting like the girl who is making the accusation is really correct...if you're assaulted why don't you go straight to the police?!? You ONLY go the the University...completely suspect IMO. js

The arbitrator should have stepped aside when his potential bias was made an issue...fact he didn't is curious to me.
If this were a criminal case would the judge, faced with the same "potential bias" recuse himself? How about a lawyer?

I agree that the optics of this are terrible. And UF should probably capitulate. But it is not like this kind of thing is unprecedented.

I have to say a lot of Gator fans were all in on John Clune and these kangaroo courts when FSU was in the crosshairs. Not so much now.

The fact that FSU fans can't see the difference between the two situations is not very surprising.

Ok...well...maybe the appointment isn't the greatest decision ever...however people are acting like the girl who is making the accusation is really correct...if you're assaulted why don't you go straight to the police?!? You ONLY go the the University...completely suspect IMO. js
Because no victim of sexual assault would ever be ashamed, embarrassed, or uncertain of what to do after the event, correct?

Because no victim of sexual assault would ever be ashamed, embarrassed, or uncertain of what to do after the event, correct?
If you want true justice then the cops would need to be involved immediately. If you are sexually assaulted the proof is there and while it may be embarrassing, make you uncertain, or make you ashamed the proper steps have to be taken.If there was proof of sexual assault I highly doubt many Florida fans would support AC and would want him to be off the team and to get whatever time he deserves. If somebody were to commit a serious crime against me my first call would be to the officers.

Reactions: instaGATOR
If you want true justice then the cops would need to be involved immediately. If you are sexually assaulted the proof is there and while it may be embarrassing, make you uncertain, or make you ashamed the proper steps have to be taken.If there was proof of sexual assault I highly doubt many Florida fans would support AC and would want him to be off the team and to get whatever time he deserves. If somebody were to commit a serious crime against me my first call would be to the officers.

What if you got really drunk at a party and got butt raped by a football player? My guess is you'd think twice before making that public.

Wow just read this entire thread and there are some very good points made but here's two things that are guaranteed. 1.) Clune is going to continue to play this out in the media because that's what he does and it's very effective. 2.) UF will eventually pay her to make it go away because of number 1. Title IX is a gold mine for attorneys like Clune, he's built for this. He shakes universities down and when he gets paid, he moves on to the next.

And btw, for those that's saying it's different because she never went to the police, Jameis accuser didn't either. She told a friend of hers she was hit in the head by a Black man and woke up with him raping her. They called the police after she told them that and that was the start of her many version of events.

Sure, I think that's certainly possible...but so ashamed/embarassed/uncertain to go to the University with a very public and open complaint and not the police?...I guess I don't see the difference of going to the cops and only the University. That just seems kind of weird to me...but honestly I have no idea what has really happened. I guess we'll all have to see how it plays out.

Reactions: OrangeNBlueCrew
What if you got really drunk at a party and got butt raped by a football player? My guess is you'd think twice before making that public.
I am pretty confident that I would most definitely go straight to the cops and get things rolling so that "football player" would get exactly what he deserves. Anyone who commits sexual assault is a true piece of shit and deserves everything they get back in return from the court system. Justice is way more important than a little football game and I also believe that if it can be proven that no crime was committed these females should start getting punished for the slander.

Sure, I think that's certainly possible...but so ashamed/embarassed/uncertain to go to the University with a very public and open complaint and not the police?...I guess I don't see the difference of going to the cops and only the University. That just seems kind of weird to me...but honestly I have no idea what has really happened. I guess we'll all have to see how it plays out.

It's not surprising to me that a sex assault victim would report first to a counselor or victims advocate at the school. UF makes it very easy to report to a variety of sources. And the Title IX hearings have safeguards for the victims that are not available in the criminal justice process. For instance, the accuser doesn't necessarily have to testify or even attend the hearing. Their statements can be presented without the accused having the right to confront them on the stand, which is troubling from a due process perspective but still an advantage for an alleged victim. Once a victim enters title IX, it's entirely plausible to me that they might be satisfied with getting the guy thrown out of school without having to participate in a criminal trial which everyone knows can get pretty ugly for the accuser.

Once you enter into the title IX process, you have some rights against the school as well, which might end up in a payday, but I doubt your typical student would be aware of that initially.

The difference is these student conduct hearings are kangaroo courts. The burden of proof is much lower so its much more beneficial for 'victims' to go that route as opposed to going the criminal route. So you get Mrs. Jones, the women's studies professor, making decisions about sexual assault. It's completely retarded.

It's not surprising to me that a sex assault victim would report first to a counselor or victims advocate at the school. UF makes it very easy to report to a variety of sources. And the Title IX hearings have safeguards for the victims that are not available in the criminal justice process. For instance, the accuser doesn't necessarily have to testify or even attend the hearing. Their statements can be presented without the accused having the right to confront them on the stand, which is troubling from a due process perspective but still an advantage for an alleged victim. Once a victim enters title IX, it's entirely plausible to me that they might be satisfied with getting the guy thrown out of school without having to participate in a criminal trial which everyone knows can get pretty ugly for the accuser.

Once you enter into the title IX process, you have some rights against the school as well, which might end up in a payday, but I doubt your typical student would be aware of that initially.
Just seems to me that the people who want payouts and settlements go this route and people who want real justice go the other route.

Bowing to this type of 'Optics' BS is how a LYNCH MOB works.

I'm pretty sure a LYNCH MOB works by grabbing a person or persons and lynching them.

Bradley just totaled himself imo, as he grabs his rope and joins the sweating multitude outside of Jake Schicke's house, demanding for him to step down and stick his (figurative) head in the noose.... :confused:

Just seems to me that the people who want payouts and settlements go this route and people who want real justice go the other route.

Yeah but what is this based on? How many reports go exclusively to title IX and how many of those end up in lawsuits against the school? What's the percentage of false reports made to the police? If you don't know, you're just speculating without any basis for your opinion.

2.) UF will eventually pay her to make it go away because of number 1. Title IX is a gold mine for attorneys like Clune, he's built for this. He shakes universities down and when he gets paid, he moves on to the next.

Not so sure about this one. We shall see. The discovery during the civil trial, if it comes to that, will be interesting.

And btw, for those that's saying it's different because she never went to the police, Jameis accuser didn't either.

No doubt that is why there was a police reprot filed. Because she did go to the police.

Do you guys even consider what you write before you write it?

Not so sure about this one. We shall see. The discovery during the civil trial, if it comes to that, will be interesting.

No doubt that is why there was a police reprot filed. Because she did go to the police.

MJ seriously, are you really this brain dead?? Did you even read the rest of my post?? She didn't go to police, her friend did against her wishes. She then began her multiple lies. Are you high??

That would be a good point if she didn't go to anyone about it. Wouldn't the shame, etc. be the same going to the school?

I can't help but believe there is some strategical reason for not going to the cops.....only going to the school.

MJ seriously, are you really this brain dead?? Did you even read the rest of my post?? She didn't go to police, her friend did against her wishes. She then began her multiple lies. Are you high??
Bless your little heart. You believe what you need to believe. That is fine. We will just shake our head.

I can assume there must be some tangible benefits relating to privacy as to why she would opt to disclose a sexual assault to UF rather than GPD. I certainly wouldn't want to question a victim's reaction to such a heinous crime. Some have alluded to a possible money grab, and even if that's accurate; it still doesn't mean she wasn't violated.

I find it remarkable that everyone has an opinion of the alleged victim, but no one found it concerning that the ESPN article stated that according to sources Treon accepted a Title 9 plea deal to leave school and also supposedly apologized to the victim on his way out the door. That in itself does in no way whatsoever make Calloway an accomplice, but I would be very cautious about dismissing an allegation such as this simply because you don't agree with her choice of acknowledgement. ijs

Either they are pathological liars, or they are stupid.
Yea no kidding. Just when I think my opinion of the lad can't go any lowers, he manages to lower the bar.
Is he a hurricane pretending to be a nole, you know, trying to make them look dumber...

Either they are pathological liars, or they are stupid.

Is he a hurricane pretending to be a nole, you know, trying to make them look dumber...

Name one thing I said in this thread that wasn't accurate?? MJ is wrong and you decide to consign him and then call me dumb?? Lmao you have got to be kidding. If you guys are going to comment on the JW case you should really educate yourself on it. That way you wouldn't look as stupid as MJ. The documents are online and have been for years.

QUOTE="danoleman, post: 840884, member: 1368"]Name one thing I said in this thread that wasn't accurate?? MJ is wrong and you decide to consign him and then call me dumb?? Lmao you have got to be kidding. If you guys are going to comment on the JW case you should really educate yourself on it. That way you wouldn't look as stupid as MJ. The documents are online and have been for years.[/QUOTE]
Bless their hearts...they can't help it.:)

From the police report:

OFFENSE/VICTIM'S ACCOUNT: The victim stated that she was at Potbellys drinking with a male friend ( Marcus Jordan) and they were drinking same cup. As she was walking through the club she was offered a shot by an unknown white male who is friend with Jordan. A short time later she texed her friend Monique Kessler. She then stated that she possibly got into a cab and was driven to the unknown incident location. She stated that she can not recall how she met the suspect. Upon arrival at the incident location they went into the suspects room and the suspect removed the victims clothes and began to have sexual intercourse with her. The victim stated that he thinks the suspect was wearing a condom during the incident. At some point a person passably the suspect roommate entered the room and told the suspect to stop. The victim stated that she was telling the suspect to stop but he did not, she further stated that he was trying to kick the suspect off of her but was unable to. The suspect also pinned the victims arms down. The suspect then took the victim to the bathroom and continued the assault. She does not remember dressing herself, the next thing she remembers is ridding on a scooter that was being driven by the suspect, and being dropped off at Call and Stadium. She then walked back to her dorm and called FSUPD.

Whoever you believe or whatever you believe happened, we will never know the truth.

If AC is getting a bad deal, it sucks, but he put himself in a bad position, and no one player is worth the scrutiny for our program on something like this. Get rid of him and let it be a behavior lesson for the rest of the team.

It's not like nothing happened...or it is just a lie by the victim. If so, we wouldn't be at this point.

Whoever you believe or whatever you believe happened, we will never know the truth.

If AC is getting a bad deal, it sucks, but he put himself in a bad position, and no one player is worth the scrutiny for our program on something like this. Get rid of him and let it be a behavior lesson for the rest of the team.

It's not like nothing happened...or it is just a lie by the victim. If so, we wouldn't be at this point.
So just kick off every player who is accused of doing something even if there is no proof that it was done ?? That is your answer ?? Give me a break

From the police report:

OFFENSE/VICTIM'S ACCOUNT: The victim stated that she was at Potbellys drinking with a male friend ( Marcus Jordan) and they were drinking same cup. As she was walking through the club she was offered a shot by an unknown white male who is friend with Jordan. A short time later she texed her friend Monique Kessler. She then stated that she possibly got into a cab and was driven to the unknown incident location. She stated that she can not recall how she met the suspect. Upon arrival at the incident location they went into the suspects room and the suspect removed the victims clothes and began to have sexual intercourse with her. The victim stated that he thinks the suspect was wearing a condom during the incident. At some point a person passably the suspect roommate entered the room and told the suspect to stop. The victim stated that she was telling the suspect to stop but he did not, she further stated that he was trying to kick the suspect off of her but was unable to. The suspect also pinned the victims arms down. The suspect then took the victim to the bathroom and continued the assault. She does not remember dressing herself, the next thing she remembers is ridding on a scooter that was being driven by the suspect, and being dropped off at Call and Stadium. She then walked back to her dorm and called FSUPD.

That's just a summary statement and not the actual account of events:

Pg 34 (of 86) of the full TPD report, "According to the FSU Police Department CAD notes, the FSU PD was called to on December 7, 2012 at 3:29am reference a sexual battery. The caller identified herself as a Jenna Wiesberg (phone number 561-886-7595). According to the CAD notes, Wiesberg stated her friend had been raped. The notes indicate the victim met the suspect at Potbelly's and was hit on the head and kept blacking out during the incident."

My theory is (and has always been) that Erica's rape cry was an attempt to get ahead of her fear that Casher's video would be released, thus diming her out with her parents that she sleeps with "black boys". This theory is supported by her aunt/attorney, Patricia Carroll's, statement to Winston's Attorney, David Cornwell, that, "her client's sexual encounter had to be rape, because she would never sleep with a "black boy."

The pieces and time-line (confirmed by record of phone calls/text messages) fit as well. Erica was dropped off, went to her room and called her friend Jenna. She told her friend, Jenna (and Bria Henry via phone) that she was hit over the head at a party and she thinks she was raped. Having this story out there would enable her to have an explanation if Casher's video ever surfaced. What Erica didn't count on was having GREAT friends. Against Erica's wishes, Bria immediately called Erica's parents and Jenna called the police. Once that happened, the saga began as did the different versions of her story as later facts wouldn't support her claim (insufficient blood alcohol level, no head trauma, no signs of forced vaginal entry, multiple semen samples, etc.)

My issue has always been that TPD's utter incompetence and complete inability to conduct a simple investigation screwed FSU. Erica doesn't have a case against Winston, BUT she (or her attorneys, rather) have a great case against TPD and FSU and have been using their incompetence or shadiness to their benefit. Had the Winston case been thoroughly/competently investigated from the on-set, Erica would have been proven a liar without a shadow of a doubt.

Reactions: jerod42069

Do we know what the girl says happened?

Pg 34 (of 86) of the full TPD report, "According to the FSU Police Department CAD notes, the FSU PD was called to on December 7, 2012 at 3:29am reference a sexual battery. The caller identified herself as a Jenna Wiesberg (phone number 561-886-7595). According to the CAD notes, Wiesberg stated her friend had been raped. The notes indicate the victim met the suspect at Potbelly's and was hit on the head and kept blacking out during the incident."

My theory is (and has always been) that Erica's rape cry was an attempt to get ahead of her fear that Casher's video would be released, thus diming her out with her parents that she sleeps with "black boys". This theory is supported by her aunt/attorney, Patricia Carroll's, statement to Winston's Attorney, David Cornwell, that, "her client's sexual encounter had to be rape, because she would never sleep with a "black boy."

The pieces and time-line (confirmed by record of phone calls/text messages) fit as well. Erica was dropped off, went to her room and called her friend Jenna. She told her friend, Jenna (and Bria Henry via phone) that she was hit over the head at a party and she thinks she was raped. Having this story out there would enable her to have an explanation if Casher's video ever surfaced. What Erica didn't count on was having GREAT friends. Against Erica's wishes, Bria immediately called Erica's parents and Jenna called the police. Once that happened, the saga began as did the different versions of her story as later facts wouldn't support her claim (insufficient blood alcohol level, no head trauma, no signs of forced vaginal entry, multiple semen samples, etc.)

My issue has always been that TPD's utter incompetence and complete inability to conduct a simple investigation screwed FSU. Erica doesn't have a case against Winston, BUT she (or her attorneys, rather) have a great case against TPD and FSU and have been using their incompetence and shadiness to their benefit. Had the Winston case been thoroughly/competently investigated from the on-set, Erica would have been proven a liar without a shadow of a doubt.

Regardless of who physically made the call, there was a timely police report about the alleged rape. So, saying that she didn't go to the cops is just playing word games. She participated in a police report about the incident in a timely manner.

Also, if TPD was attempting to drag their feet on an investigation involving an FSU football player, they would have done exactly what they did.

To suddenly pretend Winston was handled in an appropriate manner is absurd. They made damn sure it took long enough for him to finish his football career

Name one thing I said in this thread that wasn't accurate?? MJ is wrong and you decide to consign him and then call me dumb?? Lmao you have got to be kidding. If you guys are going to comment on the JW case you should really educate yourself on it. That way you wouldn't look as stupid as MJ. The documents are online and have been for years.[/QUOT
Look, clearly you are mentally challenged, did you watch the interview with Erica? Simple question? Let me guess, you are probably still claiming the guy was 5'6, or have you finally given that one up too?

My issue has always been that TPD's utter incompetence and complete inability to conduct a simple investigation screwed FSU. Erica doesn't have a case against Winston, BUT she (or her attorneys, rather) have a great case against TPD and FSU and have been using their incompetence or shadiness to their benefit. Had the Winston case been thoroughly/competently investigated from the on-set, Erica would have been proven a liar without a shadow of a doubt.
And why did she make the call? And the rest of this is just your opinion....

Ohhhhhh ohhhhhhhh could you post the page where it talks about two different DNA samples.

That was my favorite part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT