ADVERTISEMENT

Spike Lee and ESPN present

My personal issue with kap kneeling was not that he did it, he had every right. It was doing it at his place of employment when not authorized. I cant show up to my job and disrupt everything simply because I want to protest. There are proper forums for free speech. Despite what people think, you do not have the right to protest anywhere you want. Especially without consequences.

He did it to bring “attention” to the systematic racism that exists inside our police forces and judicial system - THATS the attention he was trying to bring - and you saying “i don’t care about his experiences” is EXACTLY why this country still has the same racial issues it’s had for hundreds of years. You don’t give AF like so many in this country yet i’m assuming you call urself patriotic right? “I love america but don’t give AF about what some Americans go through “. Thanks buddy. Another reason why I’m out this site

And again hopefully black recruits don’t read what you said because i promise you that will be a big reason why they don’t come to UF - this is the perception of our school fanbase whether you agree or not - but keep saying “i don’t care “.

Reactions: darealest904
My personal issue with kap kneeling was not that he did it, he had every right. It was doing it at his place of employment when not authorized. I cant show up to my job and disrupt everything simply because I want to protest. There are proper forums for free speech. Despite what people think, you do not have the right to protest anywhere you want. Especially without consequences.
See he had the right b/c it was never banned by the players & owners in their negotiations. That is why you did not see it in other sports b/c they had that banned in the labor agreement

Kap knew the consequences and accepted them. True sacrifice for what u believe involves sacrifice which is what he gave - lost everything.

Reactions: Tarjf

Free speech means you don't need "authorization"
Kap never disrupted "everything"

Kap never expected there to be no consequences...
He's just been public about what those consequences were

Reactions: Tarjf and brigat006
He did it to bring “attention” to the systematic racism that exists inside our police forces and judicial system - THATS the attention he was trying to bring - and you saying “i don’t care about his experiences” is EXACTLY why this country still has the same racial issues it’s had for hundreds of years. You don’t give AF like so many in this country yet i’m assuming you call urself patriotic right? “I love america but don’t give AF about what some Americans go through “. Thanks buddy. Another reason why I’m out this site

no he did it to bring his opinion of the system to the public, I have had several very unpleasant encounters with police. Very unpleasant, I am white. I am all for reforming police behavior I am not for making it about race. You're not able to discuss this without becoming emotional snd irrational, you're exhibit one of what's wrong with this country.

Kap knew the consequences and accepted them. True sacrifice for what u believe involves sacrifice which is what he gave - lost everything.
That was his choice. And he got fired for it. I have no problem with that. Now, to then demand your employer allow that conduct when on the clock, that is where I have a problem

Reactions: DCandtheUTBand

Protected free speech is not being able to say whatever you want wherever you want. We have places called public forums for that. You cant say whatever you want on the he job or you can and will be fired.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Good lord, some of you are softer than baby shit

He got cut because the niners liked the guy behind him better due to Kaep’s poor performance and no team wanted him after that. Kaep isn’t anything special, he’s just another guy who flamed out. This happens every single season in the NFL no matter the skin color.

Antonio Brown may never play another game in the NFL due to his antics, would that be racist if all 32 teams took a hard pass on him? No, because actions have consequences no matter the color.

No doubt some NFL teams didn’t want Kaep due to kneeling, some had no use for him, some didn’t want the attention. College kids everyday get pushed into later rounds or not at all due to off field issues or being disruptive. Again, actions have consequences.

Now, keep in mind, Nike has paid him millions to sponsor him and be a spokesperson. Great, Nike agreed with his kneeling. Don’t like it, buy other brands 🤷🏼‍♂️. Free country, weird concept.

He didn't lose shit. He didn't start all of this crap until he was benched. He was playing the "woe is me, look at me card". As cut throat and business like as the NFL is, that didn't pan out too well for him either. In the NFL, you can be an alleged murderer so long as you are making plays. Just don't get caught with the smoking gun is all they ask. Furthermore, Kapernick didn't step off into the woke abyss until he started hanging out with the muslim slut.

Good lord, some of you are softer than baby shit

He got cut because the niners liked the guy behind him better due to Kaep’s poor performance and no team wanted him after that. Kaep isn’t anything special, he’s just another guy who flamed out. This happens every single season in the NFL no matter the skin color.

The 2017 49ers didn't "like" Brian Hoyer or Blaine Gabbert more than Kaepernick...
They didn't win a game (0-8) after he opted out until they got Garoppolo mid-season

Just another NFL team that chose to tank when it fired its GM (Baalke replaced by Lynch) and hired a new coach (Shanahan replacing Chip Kelly). The front office & coaching staff was a mess after Harbaugh lost his power struggle with Baalke & Jed York.

That explains why the 49ers wanted to cut him...doesn't explain why the rest of the NFL blacklisted him

"...and no team wanted him after that."

The Seattle Seahawks were interested on more than 1 occasion

Colin Kaepernick could be potential quarterback

Could the Seahawks take a gamble and bring in Colin Kaepernick?

“There’s something else the Seahawks could do, if they trade Wilson,” Florio said. “They could finally give Colin Kaepernick (who is only one year older than Wilson) a full and fair workout, undeterred by the possibility that Kaepernick would divide the locker room on the question of whether he or Wilson should play. (In 2017, given the lingering presence of veterans who resented Wilson, that was a very real possibility.)”

It's certainly an intriguing idea considering the Seahawks’ reported interest in the former 49ers quarterback in 2017. Kaepernick became a free agent in March 2017 after opting out with the 49ers, his only visit with a team came in May, and it was with the Seahawks.

Ultimately, the Seahawks chose not to sign Kaepernick because the two parties were too far apart on money. Coach Pete Carroll described the former 49ers star as an NFL starting-caliber player.

"He's a starter in this league," he said. "We have a starter, but he is a starter in this league, and I can't imagine somebody won't give him a chance to play.

The Seahawks were linked to Kaepernick again in 2018 after releasing Trevone Boykin following his arrest on a domestic violence charge.

Last year, Carroll said he wishes the team could have found a way to sign him back in 2017 or 2018.

“I regret that that didn’t happen in some fashion,’’ Carroll said of not signing Kaepernick. “I wish we would have contributed to it because he deserved to play...

ex-NFL exec admits what we knew all along: Protests ended Colin Kaepernick’s career

A kneeling Kaepernick was bounced from the NFL in 2017 because he was bad for business.

That’s one of the massive takeaways from the column written by CNN political analyst Joe Lockhart, who was the NFL’s vice president of communications when Kaepernick ignited a social justice movement that rippled through teams and shook the league’s ownership ranks.

In Lockhart’s own words from a column from early Saturday morning: “No teams wanted to sign a player — even one as talented as Kaepernick — whom they saw as controversial, and, therefore, bad for business.”

That line bears repeating once, twice or a thousand times because it forever puts a spate of intellectually dishonest and long-running canards to bed. So let’s stop and shout this for a moment, so everyone in the back can hear it:

Colin Kaepernick was not bounced by NFL team owners because of his skill. He was not bounced because of salary demands. And he was not bounced because he wanted a starting job. No, he was rejected by NFL team owners because he became a financial liability, kneeling for social justice and igniting a telling firestorm with President Donald Trump.

We can finally all be honest about that now. Colin Kaepernick lost his job forever because he became a wildly uncomfortable inflection point between franchise owners and players. He lost his job because he wouldn’t turn down the volume on his anger or rhetoric. And he lost his job because a segment of fans were furious about all of it, refused to listen to any of it, and never bothered to understand where it might be coming from.

He didn't lose shit. He didn't start all of this crap until he was benched. He was playing the "woe is me, look at me card". As cut throat and business like as the NFL is, that didn't pan out too well for him either. In the NFL, you can be an alleged murderer so long as you are making plays. Just don't get caught with the smoking gun is all they ask. Furthermore, Kapernick didn't step off into the woke abyss until he started hanging out with the muslim slut.

He started hanging out with your mom? (That one was for gator1776 LOL)

We can finally all be honest about that now. Colin Kaepernick lost his job forever because he became a wildly uncomfortable inflection point between franchise owners and players. He lost his job because he wouldn’t turn down the volume on his anger or rhetoric. And he lost his job because a segment of fans were furious about all of it, refused to listen to any of it, and never bothered to understand where it might be coming from.
Where was your outrage when the same thing happened to Tebow? Similar skill set, but a certain segment of atheists were triggered. One kneeled to God, the other turns his back on his country.
fetchimage

Reactions: dezyDeco
Totally ridiculous and inappropriate? Well difference between you and me is i am black and i’ve had hundreds of conversations with black people who live in florida and they’ve all talked about this as it relates to UF. But let’s listen to you and your “totally ridiculous “ argument as if you have a clue - can you please tell us black people what we should consider important to our community please?

You have no idea what race I am to make a statement like that. Too broad brush a fan base as racist is just ignorant and insulting. Just like Kap, you're a divider.

Where was your outrage when the same thing happened to Tebow? Similar skill set, but a certain segment of atheists were triggered. One kneeled to God, the other turns his back on his country.

I was as pissed as anyone that Tebow didn't get a fair shot with the Jets (I'm a Jet fan)
So your question is meritless to me.

But as far as I can remember Tebow didn't get blacklisted out of the league did he?
Tebow was signed by the Jets & Patriots...and even eventually the Jags

So similar skill set but not similar treatment right?

BTW - Kaepernick is a devout Christian also...
So attempting to use that as a difference between the two is misinformation

Colin Kaepernick vs. Tim Tebow: A tale of two Christians

Yeah, let's revisit this situation to ensure we got every drop of potential racism out of it. By the end of this docudrama you'll see just how terrible of a quarterback he was. Thanks, spike.

Reactions: dezyDeco and blubo
A look at Colin Kaepernick's 2016 stats may make your head spin

While the Niners were horrible last year record-wise, Kaepernick was surprisingly efficient in the passing game. The fact that he had the sixth-lowest interception percentage among quarterbacks last year is impressive and only furthers the case that Kaepernick should be signed to a roster. Maybe, after Wednesday’s visit with Seattle, he’ll have found a new home.

For his career, Kaepernick has thrown for 12,271 yards to go along with 72 touchdown passes and 30 interceptions. He’s also rushed for 2,300 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Seriously, how is this thread still going? How about everyone agrees to disagree and we call it a day.

Reactions: robroy6019
Kaep had several opportunities to sign after the Niners cut him and his $14M salary. The offers were for backup money and Kaep dismissed them out of hand, believing he deserved to be paid as a starter. After nothing panned out, he started playing the victim card, which ultimately became more lucrative for him as he became the face of Nike and The Resistance. Great business move for him.

But to say no one wanted to sign him is just revisionist history and untrue ...

But as far as I can remember Tebow didn't get blacklisted out of the league did he?
Tebow was signed by the Jets & Patriots...and even eventually the Jags

So similar skill set but not similar treatment right?

BTW - Kaepernick is a devout Christian also...
So attempting to use that as a difference between the two is misinformation

Colin Kaepernick vs. Tim Tebow: A tale of two Christians
Tebow DID get blacklisted in a way of sorts. He only asked for a shot at making a roster as a QB, never EVER demanded a starter's position. No teams would pick him up and keep him because they claimed he was a distraction, a bigger story than the game itself. ........this after he led the Broncos to a playoff win. He could have easily bounced around the league holding a clipboard, but being the bigger than life figure he was, many players resented him and coaches and GMs didn't want the distraction for a backup player. Tebow got a shot at playing tight end, a position he had never played before, well after his prime years were over, and only because of Urban Meyer and their relationship.

Kap flat refused to sign any offer sheets for less than starter money, That's one HELL of a difference in this respect. Victimhood apparently pays more.

Tebow DID get blacklisted in a way of sorts. He only asked for a shot at making a roster as a QB, never EVER demanded a starter's position. No teams would pick him up and keep him because they claimed he was a distraction, a bigger story than the game itself. ........this after he led the Broncos to a playoff win.

What are you talking about?
Tim Tebow WAS NOT BLACKLISTED by the NFL has got 3 more chances not including the Jags

He was signed by the Jets AFTER the Broncos...and then he was signed by the Patriots...and then he was signed by the Eagles

As we have seen the NFL will put up with a lot of "distractions" if you can play
He wasn't kept because he wasn't good enough.

He could have easily bounced around the league holding a clipboard, but being the bigger than life figure he was, many players resented him and coaches and GMs didn't want the distraction for a backup player.

What coaches or GMs want any distraction from a backup player?
You know who had waaaay better stats & professional career than Tim Tebow? Colin Kaepernick.

Was Colin a bigger than life figure after the 1st kneel down? Yes.
Not even a contest...Kaepernick will be discussed with Jackie Robinson, Muhammad Ali, and the Mexico City Olympic protest.

Was Kaepernick resented by coaches, GMs, and the league itself for what he believed in? Yes.

And Kaepernick won the argument...
NFL has admitted it was wrong and donated millions to those very neighborhoods Kaepernick was protesting about

Tebow got a shot at playing tight end, a position he had never played before, well after his prime years were over, and only because of Urban Meyer and their relationship.

Tebow wasted his prime years attempting a baseball career instead of playing in the CFL, Arena league, & XFL
HOFers like Warren Moon & Kurt Warner could do that...but that wasn't good enough for Tim Tebow

It was Tim who demanded to be drafted & play at "QB only" at that time instead of doing whatever it took to just make it in the league

This while everyone knew he couldn't throw the ball accurately enough to play QB in the NFL

Kap flat refused to sign any offer sheets for less than starter money, That's one HELL of a difference in this respect. Victimhood apparently pays more.

Resorting to lying now? LOL

Kaepernick's only opportunity was with Seattle...

So unless you have some facts that he was asking for "starter money" when they had Russell Wilson you should show the class now...otherwise you're just lying

Your need to attempt to re-write Tebow's NFL career and lie about Kaepernick's kinda makes your whole post nothing but a cheap excuse to make a comment about who you think is a "victim"

Last edited:
The man is not capable of being a solid player in the NFL. If he was, he’d still be in the league and nobody would care about his national anthem protests.

Do you know how I know that? Matthew Stafford took a knee during the anthem and he won a Super Bowl with the Rams this past season.

The man is not capable of being a solid player in the NFL. If he was, he’d still be in the league and nobody would care about his national anthem protests.

Do you know how I know that? Matthew Stafford took a knee during the anthem and he won a Super Bowl with the Rams this past season.
I read some of that. I guess Kap's "plantation contract" with Nike is running out. 😂

Reactions: gatordad3
I read some of that. I guess Kap's "plantation contract" with Nike is running out. 😂

What is Colin Kaepernick’s net worth?​

So how much is Colin Kaepernick’s net worth? Kaepernick is worth $20 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth, with around $12.4 million earned each year. Kaepernick’s net worth includes the money he made with the NFK and Nike, as well as other projects, like his 2021 Netflix show, Colin in Black & White, a biopic series directed by Ava Duvernay about his high school years. Kaepernick, who narrates Colin in Black & White, also published a children’s book with Scholastic Inc., titled I Color Myself Different, about what it was like to grow up as an adopted child of white parents.

LOL....Tell that to Jon Gruden & Brian Flores

A look at Colin Kaepernick's 2016 stats may make your head spin

why does anyone have a strong opinion one way or another on this guy? my guess is he was good enough to be on a roster but not worth the headache. emphasis in guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT