ADVERTISEMENT

Spike Lee and ESPN present

no-shits.gif

I’ll be convinced until the day I die that Kaepernick was kneeling during the national anthem on accident not even realizing what he was doing and somebody made a big deal out of it and the press asked him about it and he came up with some lame excuse that he was doing it for social injustice and then he couldn’t back off of it and now it is his identity. The accidental protest.

Damn, that's pretty strong. And what did he do (besides kneeling and sacrificing his career) in an attempt to raise awareness about social injustice in this country and around the world? If that's a piece of shit, what is your definition of exceptional?
Stand an honor those that have died protecting our freedoms so he can make millions playing football. That’s pretty exceptional behavior where I come from.

I’ll be convinced until the day I die that Kaepernick was kneeling during the national anthem on accident not even realizing what he was doing and somebody made a big deal out of it and the press asked him about it and he came up with some lame excuse that he was doing it for social injustice and then he couldn’t back off of it and now it is his identity. The accidental protest.

And then contrary to your belief there's the truth...
A former NFL player/Green Beret suggested kneeling in protest

But being a bigot (convinced to the day you die of something facts say isn't true) seems to come naturally to some here

The Veteran And NFL Player Who Advised Kaepernick To Take A Knee

So you probably know all this, but what you might not know is why Kaepernick started kneeling to begin with as opposed to something else, and that's where Nate Boyer comes in. He's a former active-duty Green Beret who had a stint in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks. He initially advised Kaepernick to take a knee instead of sitting down during the anthem as a sign of respect. He recently wrote about this, so we called him.

Stand an honor those that have died protecting our freedoms so he can make millions playing football. That’s pretty exceptional behavior where I come from.

A NFL player/green beret thinks you don't understand the words "honor" or "exceptional"

‘Taking a knee’: An Army tradition In the Army, taking a knee is a way of gaining perspective. The rest of us could use some of that.

takeaknee2.jpg

One of the oddities of the weekend’s uproar over players kneeling during the national anthem as a form of protest is that “taking a knee” is a military tradition, especially in the Army. I’ve heard it used most often as a way of pausing, taking a breather, and stepping back to consider the situation. I’ve also heard it used to mean taking a loose form of security during a pause in a patrol, as in the photo above.

“Ramrods, take a knee,” a grizzled sergeant major drawls to David Bellavia’s unit in Fallujah. “Men, I could not be more proud of you if you were my own kids.”

Conversely, an article in Military Review admonishes that professional military education (PME) time is not take a knee time.

So I kind of like the idea of the nation taking a knee and considering our racial situation, and how we can all do better. You know we can.

Last edited:
Reactions: brigat006
See here is the great thing about this country...because of those brave souls that sacrificed to protect our freedoms, Keapernick is able to peacefully protest something he felt was an injustice. You can disagree as well & protest his protest. But as long as it's done peacefully then there is nothing wrong with it whether you, I, or anyone else disagrees (I happen to agree...fyi but I'd say this also if it was a peaceful way to protest if I disagreed also because with this 1st Amendment thing you have to take the protests you disagree with & also those you agree with)

For someone who i respect and i know has a high level of intelligence, this was an ignorant response and showed that you just refuse to get it

And btw - for all of you that claim to be Gator fans - keep talking shit about what Colin Kap was protesting, and then dont be shocked when black players dont come to UF because its fanbase, students, and alumni have historically and obviously still have many that represent exactly what they are protesting - this thread is an embarrassment to me as a Gator Alum and I'm out (which i know you dont give a damn about anyway)

And btw - for all of you that claim to be Gator fans - keep talking shit about what Colin Kap was protesting, and then dont be shocked when black players dont come to UF because its fanbase, students, and alumni represent exactly what they are protesting - this thread is an embarrassment to me as a Gator Alum and I'm out (which i know you dont give a damn about anyway)
Not all Alum............

Reactions: tyler91884
I don't like the guy but he had every right to kneel, when you seek attention this is what you get.

Reactions: BSC911
What the hell do you know about what his life has been? I know a lot more than you do simply because we both have had exactly the same racial issues growing up unlike you, yet you think you know
We all had issues, some deal with them well some not so much, I really wish this country would move off of identity it's annoying,

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
I think he was doing it to stir up drama because he knew he was about to be cut. Now he paints a narrative as to why he was cut besides just being a bad qb.

I'm promising you all right now,
We all had issues, some deal with them well some not so much, I really wish this country would move off of identity it's annoying,

"we all had issues" umm yes we did, but those issues are not the same so respect the differences before you judge

And so he can't express his opinion about oppression?

Let me take a wild guess...these people are honoring country?

ced8091b-6d9e-4c8a-9861-b3500a23b706-XXX_ErE8IgvXEAYQF_Y.JPG
Big difference is these people are not doing it peacefully. I really don't understand the vitriol with Kap. Even if you disagree you have to respect his right to protest peacefully since every American Citizen agrees to the Bill of RIghts

• Love
Reactions: Gatoralum2000
I think he was doing it to stir up drama because he knew he was about to be cut. Now he paints a narrative to why he was cut besides just being a bad qb.

This is possibly the dumbest, most idiotic post I've ever read - but thank you for proving the fact that so many in this country refuse to simply respect the fact that some of us dont have the same experiences in America as others do simply because of what we look like

I'm promising you all right now,

"we all had issues" umm yes we did, but those issues are not the same so respect the differences before you judge
Of course they are not the same, you know nothing about mine and I know nothing about yours. Point remains, some deal well some not so much, just like everything else in life.

Big difference is these people are not doing it peacefully. I really don't understand the vitriol with Kap. Even if you disagree you have to respect his right to protest peacefully since every American Citizen agrees to the Bill of RIghts
Lol, interesting. I do agree, kap has the right to do what he did, he also knew damn well it would loss off half the country, people are nuts.

I never said he shouldn't have the right to do anything. I just said he's a liar and that's my right to say it.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Of course they are not the same, you know nothing about mine and I know nothing about yours. Point remains, some deal well some not so much, just like everything else in life.
I dont know yours sir - and if you kneeled during the National Anthem as a way to show the rest of us what those issues were, i would not only listen, but I'd recognize and appreciate it - thats my point. Colin Kap kneeled during the National Anthem and hes been treated by so many as the equivalent of absolute shit and he doesnt deserve that is my point whether you agree or not with his way of protesting - this is still America right?

Reactions: BSC911
Lol, interesting. I do agree, kap has the right to do what he did, he also knew damn well it would loss off half the country, people are nuts.
He also knew doing what he did would raise a ton of awareness to his cause which it did & obviously it still is

• Love
Reactions: Gatoralum2000
I never said he shouldn't have the right to do anything. I just said he's a liar and that's my right to say it.

"Hes a liar?" ummm - really? This is exactly why so many of us people of color cant stand even bringing up issues, because people like you call us a liar. I'm out

For someone who i respect and i know has a high level of intelligence, this was an ignorant response and showed that you just refuse to get it
Or I just was trying to elicit this very response that I got because I knew some of you guys would be silly enough respond 🤣🤣🤣😎😉😉

• Haha
Reactions: BillCutting4585
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT