ADVERTISEMENT

Snopes busted for lying about Maricopa Audit

ALL sites ...
Exactly. That’s why the faux outrage against Snopes is so hypocritical. Clearly it’s only when the sites criticize Righties that sends them in an uproar.

Is there any evidence that Snopes is wrong any more often than The Gateway Pundit? Or other sites funded by Righties. It doesn’t make them wrong, just biased.

I think there is a market / great need for such a source, but have yet to see anything close to it, which is unfortunate. The reality is that opinions generate clicks ...
Again, my problem with Snopes isn't their opinions or bias, it's their lies.

As soon as they start lying, I no longer take them as being credible.

@BSC911 is defending Snopes but what he's really defending is he wants to listen to Snopes cause they tell him the lies he wants to hear.

Just be a man and own that. Say "I don't care if Snopes lies to me, they tell me what I want to hear, and that's that."

Goodness.

But only left leaning sites. Right?

You guys are so hypocritical.
They are supposed to be fact checkers and are just partisan hacks. At least decades ago the mainstream media would usually not tell outright lies when discussing the stuff. Now they use things like politifact to try and say that means its correct when they know they are outright lying.

Exactly. That’s why the faux outrage against Snopes is so hypocritical. Clearly it’s only when the sites criticize Righties that sends them in an uproar.

Is there any evidence that Snopes is wrong any more often than The Gateway Pundit? Or other sites funded by Righties. It doesn’t make them wrong, just biased.
No idea comparatively, but Snopes has a proven track record of duplicity. You'd need some evidence to make your case against a minor site like GP ...

Again, my problem with Snopes isn't their opinions or bias, it's their lies.

As soon as they start lying, I no longer take them as being credible.

@BSC911 is defending Snopes but what he's really defending is he wants to listen to Snopes cause they tell him the lies he wants to hear.

Just be a man and own that. Say "I don't care if Snopes lies to me, they tell me what I want to hear, and that's that."

Goodness.
This is exactly why I have not regarded Snopes as credible for a coon's age ...

They are supposed to be fact checkers and are just partisan hacks. At least decades ago the mainstream media would usually not tell outright lies when discussing the stuff. Now they use things like politifact to try and say that means its correct when they know they are outright lying.

This is how Snopes lies:

A dem will make a claim.

People will make a FB meme mocking the dem for making the claim.

Snopes will claim it is fact-checking the claim the dem made, but it will CHANGE THE CLAIM OF THE MEME INTO SOMETHING THE DEM DIDN"T SAY.

Snopes will then claim the MEME is False, and the Dem never said that.

So the sheep look at it and think 'A-ha! So the dem never said that! Fact-checked by Snopes!"

But as we see ITT, the dems dont care if Snopes lies to them, but they DO care if we call them out for listening to Snopes.

This is how Snopes lies:

A dem will make a claim.

Snopes will claim it is fact-checking the claim the dem made, but it will CHANGE THE CLAIM OF THE MEME INTO SOMETHING THE DEM DIDN"T SAY.

So the sheep look at it and think 'A-ha! So the dem never said that! Fact-checked by Snopes!"

But as we see ITT, the dems dont care if Snopes lies to them, but they DO care if we call them out for listening to Snopes.
Trying to remember their claims like undetermined etc.but they loved to say likely false when it was undetermined in reality and a claim against lefties while using a totally different spin when dealing with the right - saying undetermined even if something was close to being proven to be entirely false.

And how do you determine intent.

Sometimes, actually usually, it's when a person goes out of their way to deceive as opposed to telling a simple truth. It's usually done for some type of gain...real or perceived.

So if Snopes makes an incorrect conclusion, but it was unintentional, then you wouldn’t call it a lie?

No. If they make an honest mistake, it's just a mistake.

This all feels so obvious.

We leave the bitching about the right-wing sites to people like you. You do the exact same thing, in reverse.

What were you saying about hypocrisy again?

Reactions: BCSpell
We leave the bitching about the right-wing sites to people like you. You do the exact same thing, in reverse.

You’re arguing with someone who is crediting biggest lie awards to the wrong fact checker (and only after Obama admitted it and apologized) and he’s comparing an openly biased news site to a firm that calls itself a “fact-checker”.

Just having the word “fact” in the description of your business implies lack of bias. Spend 45 seconds on GP and it’s clear they are selecting stories that fit their narrative and inserting opinion on top of it.

You’d spend your time more productively just hitting yourself in the nuts with a hammer. He’s either a complete idiot or someone who’s life is so sad he trolls this board. It’s a waste of time to engage.

Really? How many threads have been started about TGP.

You’re arguing with someone who is crediting biggest lie awards to the wrong fact checker (and only after Obama admitted it and apologized) and he’s comparing an openly biased news site to a firm that calls itself a “fact-checker”.

Just having the word “fact” in the description of your business implies lack of bias. Spend 45 seconds on GP and it’s clear they are selecting stories that fit their narrative and inserting opinion on top of it.

You’d spend your time more productively just hitting yourself in the nuts with a hammer. He’s either a complete idiot or someone who’s life is so sad he trolls this board. It’s a waste of time to engage.
LOL. As the OP uses TGP to “prove” CNN is lying.

Sometimes, actually usually, it's when a person goes out of their way to deceive as opposed to telling a simple truth. It's usually done for some type of gain...real or perceived.

So if Snopes didn’t intentionally must state a conclusion, then it’s not a lie.

Point proven.

I didn't really follow any of that...but if it went down as you say it did, and if it pisses you off, I can make allowances.
Exactly.

So not all lies and liars bother you. You’re a hypocrite, and now a proven liar.

Point proven.

Does it? Tell a falsehood under oath and see where it gets you. See General Flynn.

And how do you determine intent. So if Snopes makes an incorrect conclusion, but it was unintentional, then you wouldn’t call it a lie?

Don’t lie now.
Let's revisit Sarah.

Sarah has a daughter who's a tomboy. One daughter is girly, girly. Sarah perceives her daughters to have nothing in common, so she lied to us without intent.

BSC911 gets this one.

Much of MSM lies to us simply by omission.

This is true, but much of MSM outright lies.

Remember when ABC showed us video of a firing range in KY, and claimed it was from overseas?

Remember when CBS showed us video of a hospital in Italy that was overrun treating covid patients.....and they claimed it was in Philadelphia?

The Gateway Pundit has not been caught lying as MSM and sites like Snopes have.

If GP is ever caught lying, guess what? The conservatives here will stop sourcing it.

We've been detailing the lies of MSM here for at least the last 5 years.

Not a SINGLE dem here has stopped listening to these sites. They don't care if they are lied to, as long as it's the lie they want to hear.

Conservatives are simply better people than that.

Let's revisit Sarah.

Sarah has a daughter who's a tomboy. One daughter is girly, girly. Sarah perceives her daughters to have nothing in common, so she lied to us without intent.

BSC911 gets this one.

Yawn. Try something original for a change.

Like how there‘s no new drilling on federal lands.

Or the difference between principle and principal.

This is how Snopes lies:

A dem will make a claim.

"If this is true", it would be very daming for Snopes.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Does it? Tell a falsehood under oath and see where it gets you. See General Flynn.

And how do you determine intent. So if Snopes makes an incorrect conclusion, but it was unintentional, then you wouldn’t call it a lie?

Don’t lie now.
Snopes doesn't do "unintentional" lies. They flat out lie lower than a snake's belly. This is OLD AF news. Anyone with a brain or halfway informed knows this. It's no different than Google's biased search algorithms. Google purposely sends lefty cuckness to the top of their searches. Simply compare Duckduckgo and compare the differences. Again, this is old AF news, but doesn't make it any less true.

• Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Snopes doesn't do "unintentional" lies. They flat out lie lower than a snake's belly. This is OLD AF news. Anyone with a brain or halfway informed knows this. It's no different than Google's biased search algorithms. Google purposely sends lefty cuckness to the top of their searches. Simply compare Duckduckgo and compare the differences. Again, this is old AF news, but doesn't make it any less true.
I remember a few years ago googling "Hillary Clinton criminal" after hearing about the algorithms and my search returned results exclusively related to her work as an attorney working with criminals. Thought I might be in The Twilight Zone ...

You’re not paranoid. You just believe They are all out to get you.

I remember a few years ago googling "Hillary Clinton criminal" after hearing about the algorithms and my search returned results exclusively related to her work as an attorney working with criminals. Thought I might be in The Twilight Zone ...
Perhaps it’s because she’s never been convicted of a crime, therefore not technically a criminal.

Do you have sources that indicate otherwise. I’m not up on all the Righty sites.

Perhaps it’s because she’s never been convicted of a crime, therefore not technically a criminal.

Do you have sources that indicate otherwise. I’m not up on all the Righty sites.
There were certainly accusations, enough that a search would have turned up something on any search site, unless directed by an algorithm to find otherwise.

There were certainly accusations, enough that a search would have turned up something on any search site, unless directed by an algorithm to find otherwise.
I’ll bet if you googled some of the specific accusations, like Hillary Mark Rich or Hillary Benghazi then you’d get some hits.

But Hillary criminal seems to be a stretch.

I’ll bet if you googled some of the specific accusations, like Hillary Mark Rich or Hillary Benghazi then you’d get some hits.

50 something "personal friends and acquaintances suddenly died by suicide or other untimely deaths?? 😂

• Google have so far declined to comment on the allegations

giphy.gif

50 something "personal friends and acquaintances suddenly died by suicide or other untimely deaths?? 😂

• Google have so far declined to comment on the allegations

giphy.gif
She’s a mass murderer I tell you.

Get a rope.

You can try to explain it away all you like, but "Hillary Clinton criminal" should turn up something. Regardless, it was abundantly clear to me the search parameters were doctored. Showing nothing is not just a stretch, it's completely implausible ...

Lying requires intent genius.

And yes, everyone lies. Telling a fat girl she looks good in her new jeans /= misrepresenting easily discernable facts in a political discussion.
Well, you COULD be a chubby chaser...

I mean, not you personally, whoever is talking to the fat girl.

EXACT same argument Sunburnt, Ghost and I are having on another thread.

Get this: You and I and Ghost are on one side, BSU and Sunburnt are on the other. 🤣

Last edited:
Yawn. Try something original for a change.

Like how there‘s no new drilling on federal lands.

Or the difference between principle and principal.
I'll waste even more of my time. Try to understand. I'll use small words in the dominant West Germanic language.

Getting through to the slow is completely beyond my reach.

You can try to explain it away all you like, but "Hillary Clinton criminal" should turn up something. Regardless, it was abundantly clear to me the search parameters were doctored. Showing nothing is not just a stretch, it's completely implausible ...
Just to test your theory, I googled”is Hillary Clinton a criminal”

On the first page, I got six hits on her email investigation and one on alleged sex trafficing (LOL). Sorry, no links to The Gateway Pundit, who I’m sure was all over that story.

Damn you, Google, you’re slipping.

• Haha
Reactions: FresnoGator
Just to test your theory, I googled”is Hillary Clinton a criminal”

On the first page, I got six hits on her email investigation and one on alleged sex trafficing (LOL). Sorry, no links to The Gateway Pundit, who I’m sure was all over that story.

Damn you, Google, you’re slipping.
They must have relaxed it a bit. When she was running for president, it was scrubbed pretty good, of that I am certain. Guess she's no longer as useful to the powers to be as she once was ...

So if Snopes didn’t intentionally must state a conclusion, then it’s not a lie.

Point proven.

Despite the atrocious Engrish, I think i understand what you're asking.

If snopes wasn't intentionally lying and instead made a mistake, then yes...that would be entirely different.

In my experience, and I've seen a lot of BS from snopes, it's never unintentional and it's always for some perceived gain. So congrats on making no point whatsoever.

Reactions: NavigatorII
LOL. As the OP uses TGP to “prove” CNN is lying.

LOL...are you complaining about TGP in the very same thread where you asked me where dems are complaining about TGP? Holy crap, you suck at this.

Or does it not count because you didn't start a new thread?

Reactions: fsumc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT