ADVERTISEMENT

Saban can be a real jerk to reporters

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008
http://smokeroom.com/2018/09/02/nick-saban-maria-taylor-alabama-louisville-quarterback-question/

Alabama football coach Nick Saban should be ashamed of his behavior following the Crimson Tide’s win over Louisville.

Saban was asked by ESPN’s Maria Taylor about the quarterback situation between Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts, which is a reasonable question given the fact that both played. Instead of handling it like a gentlemen, the legendary Crimson Tide coach snapped at Taylor and told her to stop asking. You can watch the outrageous video below.

The question was fair, it was timely, it was important and it was well within the bounds of what to ask after a football game. If Saban can’t handle a question like that, then he needs to find a different line of work.

If I was the athletic director of a college and my coach treated a reporter that way, I’d have them march out for a public apology. If the AD of Alabama has any guts at all, he’ll have Saban do exactly that.
-------------------

He can keep doing stuff like that because of his great recruiting and record as a coach but he goes too far with some of his mess. Imagine if it was a guy asking the question - he would have been threatening to cut access probably.

Last edited:
To a point, the idea of winning excuses being an asshole runs dry. Plenty of big winners were not assholes. A fan base with zero sense of proportion between winning games and real life stuff fuels this. Not just at Alabama and Ohio State. But, they are egregious.

Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh, Tom Osborne, Gene Stallings, Ara Parsegian and many more, rarely assholes.

Blowout wins are when he typically blows off. If he doesn't say anything, media is saying Bama will cruise to another NC. Now all they will talk about will be Saban.

Football is a game of battle. It's a fight. It's a fight at every position. At any moment at any position at any time you can get your block knocked off. You have to be prepared mentally.

Coaches, although they can't get their head knocked off are still pumped up and prepared mentally. It's hard to turn it off.

A coach usually averages 5 hours of sleep per night. On a good week. Imagine it's open weekend. Diet habits have changed. Sleep habits have changed. Coach don't have time for a little loving from the Mrs...they been around testosterone for weeks.

Sometimes it hard to turn it off especially when asked the same question.

Who cares?

Football is a game of battle. It's a fight. It's a fight at every position. At any moment at any position at any time you can get your block knocked off. You have to be prepared mentally.

Coaches, although they can't get their head knocked off are still pumped up and prepared mentally. It's hard to turn it off.

A coach usually averages 5 hours of sleep per night. On a good week. Imagine it's open weekend. Diet habits have changed. Sleep habits have changed. Coach don't have time for a little loving from the Mrs...they been around testosterone for weeks.

Sometimes it hard to turn it off especially when asked the same question.

Who cares?

Just watched the interview.

You can tell Paul Finebaum has never been to battle with nothing other than a pencil and paper. A keyboard. Maybe had a battle picking his wedgie out.

The second dude was just giving the politically correct liberal ass answer.

Mack Brown..a man that's been in a battle. A man that's been to the highest level of NCAA football broke it down perfectly.

Nick was not classless to Mrs Taylor. He was edgy and gave an answer while grouchy.

Jezzzbus we've turned into a pussy ass society.

Reactions: EliteBlue
PC culture at it's finest. The media is not owed anything other than time. I don't watch sports for personal drama. If you care about that stuff I would recommend TMZ, CNN or Days of our lives.

In other news: When you try to interview athletes and coaches seconds after a game, you sometimes get an emotional response.
Thank you!

This is getting just as bad as all the pansies crying when Sherman Gabe his emotional interview after battling with one his main nemsis Crabtree.

People are wanting football to be tennis or something.

If a MMA fighter, boxer, or some other combat athlete gives an emotional interview directly after a fight...its an icionic interview...but oh hell don't let a football coach or player be emotional.

http://smokeroom.com/2018/09/02/nick-saban-maria-taylor-alabama-louisville-quarterback-question/

Alabama football coach Nick Saban should be ashamed of his behavior following the Crimson Tide’s win over Louisville.

Saban was asked by ESPN’s Maria Taylor about the quarterback situation between Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts, which is a reasonable question given the fact that both played. Instead of handling it like a gentlemen, the legendary Crimson Tide coach snapped at Taylor and told her to stop asking. You can watch the outrageous video below.

The question was fair, it was timely, it was important and it was well within the bounds of what to ask after a football game. If Saban can’t handle a question like that, then he needs to find a different line of work.

If I was the athletic director of a college and my coach treated a reporter that way, I’d have them march out for a public apology. If the AD of Alabama has any guts at all, he’ll have Saban do exactly that.
-------------------

He can keep doing stuff like that because of his great recruiting and record as a coach but he goes too far with some of his mess. Imagine if it was a guy asking the question - he would have been threatening to cut access probably.

The pussiness of that article is just cringe worthy. He does not have to be nice to reporters. Thats not his job. Espn WANTS to ask the questions, not Saban, if they dont like it, stop asking.

I must say the reporter handled it Amazingly

The pussiness of that article is just cringe worthy. He does not have to be nice to reporters. Thats not his job. Espn WANTS to ask the questions, not Saban, if they dont like it, stop asking.

I must say the reporter handled it Amazingly
It is in the job description of a college coach to communicate with the media.

However there is nothing in the contract that says he can't be emotional.

Despite the wide margin of victory...Nick was not satisfied with Alabama's performance.

I honestly loved the interview. It shows the emotional side of high profile football.

Despite the wide margin of victory...Nick was not satisfied with Alabama's performance.

I honestly loved the interview. It shows the emotional side of high profile football.

Saban's most important point is constantly fighting against complacency. "Every play has a life of its own". That's why you almost always see him blow up at the end of a blowout over minor mistakes. He wants to send the message to his players that they can NEVER take their foot off the gas.

Look at this play from the 2012 NC game. Note Bama is up by FOUR touchdowns when this happens:

They go to the sideline, and Saban is giving the REF hell LOL Never said a word to either the center or QB, in fact he probably loved that they were both still taking the game so seriously that late and up big.

Saban's most important point is constantly fighting against complacency. "Every play has a life of its own". That's why you almost always see him blow up at the end of a blowout over minor mistakes. He wants to send the message to his players that they can NEVER take their foot off the gas.

Look at this play from the 2012 NC game. Note Bama is up by FOUR touchdowns when this happens:

They go to the sideline, and Saban is giving the REF hell LOL Never said a word to either the center or QB, in fact he probably loved that they were both still taking the game so seriously that late and up big.
I remember that play lol.

Has Maria Taylor even made a statement? He took it like a champ and seems to know her job may require dealing with hyped up emotional men.

It's that pansy Paul Finebaum that seems to have made it into a big deal.

Alabama, the state...the fans made him what he is. I wish you guys would ignore his nerdy self and have a hand in him disappearing.

I swear it was rednecks like that tree killer who made him famous and now he is on Dr. Pepper commercials. What...

I remember that play lol.

Has Maria Taylor even made a statement? He took it like a champ and seems to know her job may require dealing with hyped up emotional men.

It's that pansy Paul Finebaum that seems to have made it into a big deal.

Alabama, the state...the fans made him what he is. I wish you guys would ignore his nerdy self and have a hand in him disappearing.

I swear it was rednecks like that tree killer who made him famous and now he is on Dr. Pepper commercials. What...

Finebaum is a troll, he'll get a week's worth of coverage out of this.

BTW, haven't listened to Finebaum regularly in years. The only reason anyone does is to hear his idiot callers, Finebaum knows absolutely nothing about the game he has covered for almost 40 years, Danny Kannell is a college football genius compared to him.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Saban has long been an ASSHAT of a person, nothing new there. :cool:

Making him the perfect HC for the Crimson Turds... ;)

I think in some weird way he was trying to protect his players. He doesnt want them to constantly have to be asked and harped on. Hes getting frustrated because he knows that Hurts knows he played worse and he doesnt want to pour salt in the wound

Hey #'s,,, o_O

I don't G-a-S about the NFL, just saw the title and accepted any chance to tweak the Clown-U Criminole's noses... :D

The Los Angeles Chargers brought in former Florida K Caleb Sturgis and former Florida State K Roberto Aguayo this offseason to compete for the starting job, you know it was personal for both players. According to Field Yates, Sturgis won the competition, as the team has reportedly waived Aguayo following the final game of the preseason: :p

Hey #'s,,, o_O

I don't G-a-S about the NFL, just saw the title and accepted any chance to tweak the Clown-U Criminole's noses... :D

The Los Angeles Chargers brought in former Florida K Caleb Sturgis and former Florida State K Roberto Aguayo this offseason to compete for the starting job, you know it was personal for both players. According to Field Yates, Sturgis won the competition, as the team has reportedly waived Aguayo following the final game of the preseason: :p

Lol Aguayo has completely lost his confidence

Yeah, being decent to a person doing their job well indicates such a "pussy society!"

Moar childish temper tantrums!!!!

What the hell is a combat athlete?

Football is not combat.

Full stop.
Lol, I knew the Marine would take note to the word.

Let's just compare it to tennis, basketball, or track. It was more constant physical contact.

Basically that's all. Nothing more nothing less.

Testosterone gets enhanced during a game of football.

Funny after Paul Finebaum had his little hissy fit.

Super Bowl winning coach Doug Pederson was ill with the same question over and over from the medidiots.

Yeah, being decent to a person doing their job well indicates such a "pussy society!"

Moar childish temper tantrums!!!!

If Nick Saban bodied her and gave her the muscle flex after u may and i want to emphasize may....have a point. He used words..... I know, words hurt boo hoo, u are so soft that words can crumble you. ****ing wuss i would rough u up in real life.

Funny after Paul Finebaum had his little hissy fit.

Super Bowl winning coach Doug Pederson was ill with the same question over and over from the medidiots.

Medidiots is a dumb way to spell what you're trying to convey. If I were you, I'd go with "mediots." ;)

Also, God Bless the free press! <3

Finebaum is a troll, he'll get a week's worth of coverage out of this.

BTW, haven't listened to Finebaum regularly in years. The only reason anyone does is to hear his idiot callers, Finebaum knows absolutely nothing about the game he has covered for almost 40 years, Danny Kannell is a college football genius compared to him.

I’m surprised you don’t like toolBaum..he’s got his head wedge so far up Sabans ass it’s not funny.:eek: So pro crimson stain :D

If Nick Saban bodied her and gave her the muscle flex after u may and i want to emphasize may....have a point. He used words..... I know, words hurt boo hoo, u are so soft that words can crumble you. ****ing wuss i would rough u up in real life.

Willie really got you that irritable? Sorry, man. Sucks.

I’m surprised you don’t like toolBaum..he’s got his head wedge so far up Sabans ass it’s not funny.:eek: So pro crimson stain :D

Finebaum is a paid troll. I have no respect for someone who can only draw attention to themselves by trolling. Kannell is the same way, only worse at it, Finebaum is at least able to troll effectively, then again trolling SEC football fans isn't the most difficult job in the world.

Reactions: nail1988
miksta -- is not really a milkshake, he's just spoiled lumpy soured milk, with his ugly face on the carton... o_O

PS

Media-Morons has been working for me for years now...
Hope that helps... :cool:

Reactions: TennesseeGator
miksta -- is not really a milkshake, he's just spoiled lumpy soured milk, with his ugly face on the carton... o_O

PS

Media-Morons has been working for me for years now...
Hope that helps... :cool:

This is probably the biggest moment of my internet life.

Stop defending bully assholes. They blew Louisville out. This was not adrenaline. It was bullying.

What the hell is a combat athlete?

Football is not combat.

Full stop.

This is obviously correct, but football players do subject themselves to physical abuse that approximates combat. There is just no overhanging threat of imminent death.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT