ADVERTISEMENT

Rules are rules - We aren't FSU

None of the above from me, but just a request for clarification: Is this drug legally sold OTC in places like GNC but not legal for use by NCAA athletes?

If that is the case, would this be an issue that Grier's family could appeal via a good attorney? Lots of upset friends (yes I have friends who are Gators) today.

Could he have taken this for his back last year? I'm trying to figure out why he would take them, he obviously isn't trying to get huge. He put some weight on since he got here last year but nothing out of the ordinary. Either way, we have Treon, who is still a good quarterback. I still have high hopes for the season. I hope we can move past this quickly and focus on the game on saturday.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
Could he have taken this for his back last year? I'm trying to figure out why he would take them, he obviously isn't trying to get huge. He put some weight on since he got here last year but nothing out of the ordinary. Either way, we have Treon, who is still a good quarterback. I still have high hopes for the season. I hope we can move past this quickly and focus on the game on saturday.

If this stuff is legal and he was taking it to keep weight on on speed up rehab on an injury (and heard he was beat up a couple of games ago) this is crazy. This ain't illegal steroids from what I've read. Needs to appeal this one.

If this stuff is legal and he was taking it to keep weight on on speed up rehab on an injury (and heard he was beat up a couple of games ago) this is crazy. This ain't illegal steroids from what I've read. Needs to appeal this one.

Rehabing quicker and healing faster is the reason athletes take steroids. That's why they're considered illegal for sports.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Even if not, google it. There are hundreds of places that sell it online. Pretty sure it's classified as a supplement and legal. Won't be surprised to see a lawsuit against the NCAA over it.

I am willing to bet, that over 50% of college football players are using some form of PED's that are not permissible by the NCAA, so seeing a QB getting popped and almost never hearing of anyone else getting popped, is a complete head scratcher for me.

Even if not, google it. There are hundreds of places that sell it online. Pretty sure it's classified as a supplement and legal. Won't be surprised to see a lawsuit against the NCAA over it.

SARMs are performance enhancing drugs. Just because they are available OTC, doesn't mean the NCAA can't prohibit their use. They're also a relatively new class of drug, so the fact that they're currently legal doesn't mean they won't be regulated in the future.

I guess this doesn't seem like what he did is so bad...I mean guys break the law drinking alcohol, smoking weed....they only get a week off? Of other players beat up a chick get suspended for a couple of week and then they are back. Seems kind of extreme to me.

I'm sure this board would feel the same way if it was Jameis who was accused of PED's.
Yeah Jameis pretty much never got in trouble for anything...maybe a game. Sorry not the same a raping a chick and getting away with it...or stealing from a store etc. This isn't a small suspension.

It really seems like this was just a huge mistake. He should have checked with trainers and staff beforehand, I'm sure he didn't think he could get away with it. Oh well, He did great things for us this season. If he comes back next year, its going to be another rollercoaster QB battle.

LOL. This is how you know Noles were nervous about UF this year, they're almost giddy at this news. The fear just shines through in each post.
Not a lot is going to change for them...our defense is going to be ready to play still and Treon will get it done.

Ugh. It's never easy for us. Grier's daddy I would put money on it is getting an attorney as we speak.

Is Treon starting this week?
Has to. I don't think Guy or any of the others are going to do anything. Treon is still a good qb. This may help us vs LSU. There isn't too much tape on him this year so no one has much of an idea of how he really is.

Shime, you should sell your season tickets.

oozie, come on. The board survived the summer thanks to FSU threads. Are you honestly surprised people are here talking about this now?

Shime, you should sell your season tickets.

oozie, come on. The board survived the summer thanks to FSU threads. Are you honestly surprised people are here talking about this now?
Of course we aren't surprised that noles are here to gleefully rub it in.

He put some weight on since he got here last year but nothing out of the ordinary.

As a recruit, Grier is listed at 177 lbs., and one roster that I just found has him weighing 210 lbs. Is adding 33 lbs. a lot for QB? (being serious, I don't know the average weight a freshman QB puts on)

As a recruit, Grier is listed at 177 lbs., and one roster that I just found has him weighing 210 lbs. Is adding 33 lbs. a lot for QB? (being serious, I don't know the average weight a freshman QB puts on)
Wasn't Grier an early enrollee? He's had a year and a half to put on weight. I really don't see that being that out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT