• Miami

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • UCF

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

PlutoDroid

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 16, 2015
Which school from Florida will be the first to win the CFP?

Florida who last won in '08, FSU who last won in '13, Miami who last won in '01 or UCF who "won last year"?

Sorry Knights fans.

I personally think Florida will be there in under three years. FSU would be my third choice because I think Richt will have Miami back on top with Clemson in two years.

Between Florida and Miami, I think Miami is closer now to getting to the CFP. When it comes to winning, I still like Mullen's coaching better. My choice is an obvious homer pick, that's my perogative though.

Florida who last won in '08, FSU who last won in '13, Miami who last won in '01 or UCF who "won last year"?

Sorry Knights fans.

I personally think Florida will be there in under three years. FSU would be my third choice because I think Richt will have Miami back on top with Clemson in two years.

Between Florida and Miami, I think Miami is closer now to getting to the CFP. When it comes to winning, I still like Mullen's coaching better. My choice is an obvious homer pick, that's my perogative though.

No disrespect meant, but how do you see a school with a host of 3*'s out competing more talent instate and getting through Alabama? I'll hang up and listen.

No disrespect meant, but how do you see a school with a host of 3*'s out competing more talent instate and getting through Alabama? I'll hang up and listen.
I said three years, Mullen has a great offensive mind. Florida is not a hard place to recruit to. Once he starts getting top ten classes it will only be a matter of time.

I said three years, Mullen has a great offensive mind. Florida is not a hard place to recruit to. Once he starts getting top ten classes it will only be a matter of time.

How do you see top 10 classes? I've heard Mullen is a bad recruiter and hard to connect with. Richt has always been a great recruiter and Willie just bagged another 4 4*'s the other day. You really think the state will have three top 10 classes???

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Probably UF or Miami due to the fact IMO they have better head coaches. Both Richt and Mullen also have national championships as assistant coaches so they have been through it before and know what it takes. They also both have lots of head coaching experience in a major conference. The issue with Richt is he appears not be able to get over the hump and Mullen has only been at Miss St, which isn’t a big time program. However it still beats Taggart who doesn’t have the experience they have and has a losing record as a head coach.

If they gave out star ratings for posters, BucaNole would be heading for Junior College....

That doesn’t even make any sense. You don’t get a bad star rating and go to juco... if I had a bad star rating, like say 3*, i’d go to a school like Florida. Jeeze.

FSU ,but obviously I am biased. I am not sold on Miami. Richt needs to prove he can actually win something before I go all in on them. GA without a doubt improved when Richt left. Seems like they are actually starting to live up to their potential which does not say a whole lot for Richt's head coaching skills.

And to add, Miami did not end their season very well. They lost 3 straight and to be honest, did not look like they belonged on the same field as Clemson.

How do you see top 10 classes? I've heard Mullen is a bad recruiter and hard to connect with. Richt has always been a great recruiter and Willie just bagged another 4 4*'s the other day. You really think the state will have three top 10 classes???

You heard Mullen was a bad recruiter and hard to connect with? You also said our school was uncommitted to our facilities, you said there was an 85 million dollar standalone football facility in the works at FSU. Both have been proven false.

Anybody with an agenda can say what they want, you have cited nothing tangible to back up any of your claims so your word means Nada.

Here are some things you may want to know, I don't buy them myself, but I have heard them.

I heard Taggart was a flash in the pan and a huckster. I heard Bobby Bowden likes to dress in drag and attend Rocky Horror Picture Shows.

I know that you have your sources, I will trust the judgement of the Florida athletic director over a random poster outside of the program, thanks.

You heard Mullen was a bad recruiter and hard to connect with? You also said our school was uncommitted to our facilities, you said there was an 85 million dollar standalone football facility in the works at FSU. Both have been proven false.

Anybody with an agenda can say what they want, you have cited nothing tangible to back up any of your claims so your word means Nada.

Here are some things you may want to know, I don't buy them myself, but I have heard them.

I heard Taggart was a flash in the pan and a huckster. I heard Bobby Bowden likes to dress in drag and attend Rocky Horror Picture Shows.

I know that you have your sources, I will trust the judgement of the Florida athletic director over a random poster outside of the program, thanks.

I heard it from some pretty good booster sources that were disappointed UF fell to their 4th pick. You also aren't even investing (@$120m) at the level we've already invested in our facilities ($150m plus more on the way). Facts are facts Jack and ya'll don't even have a club level. My sources told me Mullen can't recruit well enough despite the X's and O's to compete with Richt and Taggart (evidenced by yore numerous 3*'s vs the 4 4*'s we just brought in over the weekend...). He's a McElwain 2.0 and can't compete for the Jimmy's and the Joe's. 3 years and you'll be hunting a new coach, unless you settle with being 3rd to 4th in the state. Just my honest opinion, backed up with reputable boosters.

I heard it from some pretty good booster sources that were disappointed UF fell to their 4th pick. You also aren't even investing (@$120m) at the level we've already invested in our facilities ($150m plus more on the way). Facts are facts Jack and ya'll don't even have a club level. My sources told me Mullen can't recruit well enough despite the X's and O's to compete with Richt and Taggart (evidenced by yore numerous 3*'s vs the 4 4*'s we just brought in over the weekend...). He's a McElwain 2.0 and can't compete for the Jimmy's and the Joe's. 3 years and you'll be hunting a new coach, unless you settle with being 3rd to 4th in the state. Just my honest opinion, backed up with reputable boosters.

Two of the three four stars you got over the weekend are completely overrated. A TE that runs a 5 flat 40? Lulz.

Mullen was also not Florida’s fourth whatever you want to believe - Taggart was never a threat to be hired. Florida fans would have ran Stricklin off had he hired a head coach with a losing record.

Florida will have a top 10 class by the time it’s all said and done. Way too many 4 and 5 stars visiting UF and raving about that staff for Florida not to get their share, but see, brag about early success in April, lmao. Once the recruits see the improved product on the field, the studs will follow.

There’s a Nole poster on twitter who hates Willie Taggart and constantly bemoanes all the studs Florida is getting on campus to visit. TridentonNole or something like that. He doesn’t seem to share the enthusiasm of Taggart that you do.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Two of the three four stars you got over the weekend are completely overrated. A TE that runs a 5 flat 40? Lulz.

Mullen was also not Florida’s fourth whatever you want to believe - Taggart was never a threat to be hired. Florida fans would have ran Stricklin off had he hired a head coach with a losing record.

Florida will have a top 10 class by the time it’s all said and done. Way too many 4 and 5 stars visiting UF and raving about that staff for Florida not to get their share, but see, brag about early success in April, lmao. Once the recruits see the improved product on the field, the studs will follow.

There’s a Nole poster on twitter who hates Willie Taggart and constantly bemoanes all the studs Florida is getting on campus to visit. TridentonNole or something like that. He doesn’t seem to share the enthusiasm of Taggart that you do.

You didn't get a single recruit this weekend... I've been told folks higher up think it's a DISASTER. I also heard the product on the field down in Gainesville was a little lackluster and missing a lot of big plays. Sorry i'm not on twitter, don't know what a tridentonnole is.

Per another site that follows UF sports very closely...

There were things for Florida fans to be excited about for the fall and for the future in this game, yes — but you had to squint to see them, and sit through the silliness to even have that opportunity.

Several more months will have to pass before we have an idea of whether the Gators will meet their fans’ standard for exciting fall football seasons.

Last edited:
Nobody with reputable sources would be spouting off on a message board.

If you had any real evidence you would post a rendering or source, you don't have a bleacher seat at a little league game JACK.

I have repeatedly asked you for a credible source, evidence of any sort to back up your claims.

You can't say you have confidential info either, if your source didn't want it out, you wouldn't be on a rival message board letting us all know. The first rule of journalism is to keep your source private and make sure you have all the facts before you spill the news. I looked for just an inkling of info on your claims and came up with a story that no facility is even in the works.

Heck the Tampa Rays even had a rendering for a new stadium, if you don't even have that, then you got nothing.

Good day to you sir.

Nobody with reputable sources would be spouting off on a message board.

If you had any real evidence you would post a rendering or source, you don't have a bleacher seat at a little league game JACK.

I have repeatedly asked you for a credible source, evidence of any sort to back up your claims.

You can't say you have confidential info either, if your source didn't want it out, you wouldn't be on a rival message board letting us all know. The first rule of journalism is to keep your source private and make sure you have all the facts before you spill the news. I looked for just an inkling of info on your claims and came up with a story that no facility is even in the works.

Heck the Tampa Rays even had a rendering for a new stadium, if you don't even have that, then you got nothing.

Good day to you sir.

Again, I'm just the messenger pointing out what i've been told. You think all yore 3*'s are diamonds in the rough???? well, you'll be sorely disappointed. UF hasn't invested, they aren't investing very much, again FSU has already invested more than you are planning to invest, and finally Mullen wasn't in any way your first choice. I told you once, but I'll say it again, there is very real concern among the high level boosters about Mullen's ability to recruit. He's not an Miss St anymore, despite what you want to believe.

Again, I'm just the messenger pointing out what i've been told. You think all yore 3*'s are diamonds in the rough???? well, you'll be sorely disappointed. UF hasn't invested, they aren't investing very much, again FSU has already invested more than you are planning to invest, and finally Mullen wasn't in any way your first choice. I told you once, but I'll say it again, there is very real concern among the high level boosters about Mullen's ability to recruit. He's not an Miss St anymore, despite what you want to believe.
Yeah, he has much more at his disposal now. If he can light up the scoreboard and almost beat Alabama with the Bulldogs, imagine what he can do at Florida!

I will never claim any inside knowledge of FSU or any of our rivals, but if I polled a lot of fans on the street I wager most have more confidence in Mullen over Taggart. You keep telling us how Mullen can't recruit, or call him Macbook 2.0. This is all just conjecture at this point.

Our facilities are greatly improved, better than yours. Our coach has a better resume than yours, and your presence here means our message board is better than yours.:)

You have claimed that you would prefer to drop Florida as a rival, start the process and engage another fan base then.

There are too many good Seminole and Cane fans on here for me to wish them all away. I think you are just trying to stir the pot, so from here on I will take any comment from you with a grain of salt.

Florida will be pulling in top 10 classes very soon, championships will follow very soon. I hope FSU can catch up with us, my "sources" doubt they can though. Too bad, so sad.

You didn't get a single recruit this weekend... I've been told folks higher up think it's a DISASTER. I also heard the product on the field down in Gainesville was a little lackluster and missing a lot of big plays.

BucaNole...

woman-wearing-a-red-nose-uses-a-glass-tumbler-as-a-listening-device-C1B35B.jpg

Taggart walked into a much easier situation than Mullen did, so the early recruiting results shouldn't be a surprise. We know he can recruit, there's just serious doubts as to whether he can coach.

Getting big name recruits on campus is the first step to a successful turn around for Mullen. Start winning games and the recruits will follow.

Bull Gators are on a “high” right now about UF football. They haven’t seen this much excitement around UF football since Meyer was here. They love the energy and passion that Mullen has brought back to the program.

Bull Gators are on a “high” right now about UF football. They haven’t seen this much excitement around UF football since Meyer was here. They love the energy and passion that Mullen has brought back to the program.

How come you had 20k less folks at yore spring game than FSU if the boosters are on such a "high"? A little bit o' wishful thinking perhaps?

I didn’t see any of the game but apparently FSU looked really bad and unorganized in their spring game. The concerns of Taggart and his career losing record are legit concerns based off what some FSU fans have said.

The fans I talked too couldn’t believe they hired a coach with a career losing record.

Sorry Knights fans.

I know you're a UF fan but is there an even slight indication that UF will be there in 3 yrs? I dont think FSU will be there in the next 3. We dont have the QB for it.... Granted when my team blew chunks for a decade i held onto the "3 yr turnaround" as well. However, you play in a tough conf, play fsu every yr and havent had a qb who could hit water if he fell out of a boat since tebow. Im not saying it cant happen but 3 yrs would be a magical turnaround. This is not meyer taking over for zook who recruited man childs. This butter tooths roster full of neat guys. Think it will take longer unless you get a tebow/winston type of player this yr.

I know you're a UF fan but is there an even slight indication that UF will be there in 3 yrs? I dont think FSU will be there in the next 3. We dont have the QB for it.... Granted when my team blew chunks for a decade i held onto the "3 yr turnaround" as well. However, you play in a tough conf, play fsu every yr and havent had a qb who could hit water if he fell out of a boat since tebow. Im not saying it cant happen but 3 yrs would be a magical turnaround. This is not meyer taking over for zook who recruited man childs. This butter tooths roster full of neat guys. Think it will take longer unless you get a tebow/winston type of player this yr.

I know comparing Mullen to the likes of Urban and Nick is taboo to most, but Florida is in the realm of an Ohio State or Alabama.

Urban took a 6-6 Ohio State team and transformed them into his mold with just two recruiting classes. Mullen will have us scoring bunches and bunches in two years.

I really like Emory Jones, if we can just remain in the realm of the defensive success that we had the last three years I don't think three years is too short a time.

I am very optimistic about our future, Mullen is the right man , at the right time, at the right program.

You may be right though, however I still believe he will have us back within the three to five year window. Time will tell.

Reactions: fsu939913
I know comparing Mullen to the likes of Urban and Nick is taboo to most, but Florida is in the realm of an Ohio State or Alabama.

Urban took a 6-6 Ohio State team and transformed them into his mold with just two recruiting classes. Mullen will have us scoring bunches and bunches in two years.

I really like Emory Jones, if we can just remain in the realm of the defensive success that we had the last three years I don't think three years is too short a time.

I am very optimistic about our future, Mullen is the right man , at the right time, at the right program.

You may be right though, however I still believe he will have us back within the three to five year window. Time will tell.

:eek:

How come you had 20k less folks at yore spring game than FSU if the boosters are on such a "high"? A little bit o' wishful thinking perhaps?

What kind of retarded logic is this? Another team had a bigger crowd so that somehow makes UF's fanbase less excited?

NAIA after JUCO

It’s really amazing how none of the so called gator fans can put together a complete thought to counter anything I, or other criticisms, have pointed out. Guess this is what I get for dealing with the free forum.

We already proved to you both teams had 53k at their stadiums and Florida had a record crowd, so yes, we are plenty excited. Not bad considering the dark cloud that’s hung over the program. You’re an idiot

Wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...game-attendance-miami-average-home-crowd-2017

Official attendance was north of 60k BEFORE, they started letting everyone in for free at halftime. Easily 70k. Much more hype around FSU. Any unbiased viewer can see that.

Whole situation is heading for a cliff. Trask starting for you guys, then you have to steal players from Taggart and Richt, get through a resurgent Tennessee, Kirby at UGA, an improving USCjr, And then top it all off with beating Bama. Not going to happen, IMHO.

Last edited:
Wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.to...game-attendance-miami-average-home-crowd-2017

Official attendance was north of 60k BEFORE, they started letting everyone in for free at halftime. Easily 70k. Much more hype around FSU. Any unbiased viewer can see that.

Whole situation is heading for a cliff. Trask starting for you guys, then you have to steal players from Taggart and Richt, get through a resurgent Tennessee, Kirby at UGA, an improving USCjr, And then top it all off with beating Bama. Not going to happen, IMHO.

So Tennessee is resurgent with their 30th choice at head coach and going 0-8 in the conference but UF isn’t? 60k va 53k is definitely not 20k difference either, by the way. I’ll also take a non biased site reporting the figures over the cesspool known as Tomahawk Nation. That site is worse than Warchant.

Then again, we know you stretch the truth. $85 million practice facility and all.

Last edited:
It’s really amazing how none of the so called gator fans can put together a complete thought to counter anything I, or other criticisms, have pointed out. Guess this is what I get for dealing with the free forum.
Because you have no credible sources to you criticisms..you still haven't provided the link to your billionaire stand alone facility. The best you can do is claim some unnamed Bull Gators...then as a white dude the last resort is to pull the race card when other black dudes doubt the FSU coach.

Provide your link...name your sources...prove they say as you claim.

Until then...you are JUCO level at best. Hell you need a year of prep school to get away from these make belief stories.

Reactions: sadgator
So Tennessee is resurgent with their 30th choice at head coach and going 0-8 in the conference but UF isn’t? 60k va 53k is definitely not 20k difference either, by the way. I’ll also take a non biased site reporting the figures over the cesspool known as Tomahawk Nation. That site is worse than Warchant.

Then again, we know you stretch the truth. $85 million practice facility and all.
How TF does he get that UT is resurgent when UT's first choice as HC (well behind the unrealistic Gruden) was our 4th choice (as he claims) ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT