Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Miami

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • UCF

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
BucaNole...

0121spicer01.JPG

I didn’t see any of the game but apparently FSU looked really bad and unorganized in their spring game. The concerns of Taggart and his career losing record are legit concerns based off what some FSU fans have said.

The fans I talked too couldn’t believe they hired a coach with a career losing record.

The fans you are talking to are in the minority. I am sure some good ol boys are not happy we hired Willie but the atmosphere at the Spring game and having the #1 recruiting class on 247 says otherwise from fans and recruits.

In regards to the game, we had 4 OL out with injuries so it was going to be sloppy but we there were also a lot of big plays. There will be some growing pains early on as we are installing a complete 180 on offense but my mid season we should be explosive if the OL stays healthy. the type of offense can mitigate some of the OL issues unlike Jimbo's offense. Defensive line will be a huge plus and our defense as a will be much improved.

The fans you are talking to are in the minority. I am sure some good ol boys are not happy we hired Willie but the atmosphere at the Spring game and having the #1 recruiting class on 247 says otherwise from fans and recruits.

In regards to the game, we had 4 OL out with injuries so it was going to be sloppy but we there were also a lot of big plays. There will be some growing pains early on as we are installing a complete 180 on offense but my mid season we should be explosive if the OL stays healthy. the type of offense can mitigate some of the OL issues unlike Jimbo's offense. Defensive line will be a huge plus and our defense as a will be much improved.

#1 class in April. Hang that banner.

Don't worry we'll be right around there come the end of the season. One thing Willie has proven he can do is recruit.

Based on ???? Those same reliable sources on the upper echelon that have gratitude's of knowledge?

Or just a hunch you have?

Must be based on the fact that Mullen was UT’s first choice and Pruitt their 10th or so. Clearly UT feels much more highly about Mullen than Pruitt but UF stole him from them.

Reactions: sadgator
Must be based on the fact that Mullen was UT’s first choice and Pruitt their 10th or so. Clearly UT feels much more highly about Mullen than Pruitt but UF stole him from them.

Pruitt is a hell of a recruiter. Brought in Jalen Ramsey here, far and away better than anything Mullen ever brought in anywhere. Given how inept UTjr is at the top, Mullen being their first choice should be a huge red flag.

Pruitt is a hell of a recruiter. Brought in Jalen Ramsey here, far and away better than anything Mullen ever brought in anywhere. Given how inept UTjr is at the top, Mullen being their first choice should be a huge red flag.

Mullen helped develop Alex Smith, Tebow, Cam Newton, and Dak Prescott. Butch Jones was a fine recruiter as well but we all know he couldn’t coach a lick.

Listen, I know there is no conviction in your posts, but could you at least try to veil your poor attempts at satire?

You mentioned your distaste for our program, you mentioned how the conversation is below your standards. How about you upgrade to a premium Seminole board, maybe your subscription can help pay for that made up facility you keep banging on about.

I have a couple sources that tell me your coach is not going to last three years. They are completely devastated about losing out on Mullen, sadly your crumbling facilities will now be matched by the results on the field.

Don't worry though, every other year Florida will help out your school by filling Doak Campbell with Blue and Orange.

Mullen helped develop Alex Smith, Tebow, Cam Newton, and Dak Prescott. Butch Jones was a fine recruiter as well but we all know he couldn’t coach a lick.

Can wasn’t developed by Mullen... I also never said Mullen couldn’t coach or develop. I said he couldn’t recruit. McElwain 2.0, fine on the x’s and o’s, mediocre everywhere else.

Listen, I know there is no conviction in your posts, but could you at least try to veil your poor attempts at satire?

You mentioned your distaste for our program, you mentioned how the conversation is below your standards. How about you upgrade to a premium Seminole board, maybe your subscription can help pay for that made up facility you keep banging on about.

I have a couple sources that tell me your coach is not going to last three years. They are completely devastated about losing out on Mullen, sadly your crumbling facilities will now be matched by the results on the field.

Don't worry though, every other year Florida will help out your school by filling Doak Campbell with Blue and Orange.

Losing out on Mullen? That’s funny. We didn’t pursue him.

Can wasn’t developed by Mullen... I also never said Mullen couldn’t coach or develop. I said he couldn’t recruit. McElwain 2.0, fine on the x’s and o’s, mediocre everywhere else.

Mac couldn’t coach a pop warner team much less a major college team. Mullen’s first transition class was also already better than any of Mac’s especially if you count the transfers.

Mac couldn’t coach a pop warner team much less a major college team. Mullen’s first transition class was also already better than any of Mac’s especially if you count the transfers.

Losing out on Mullen? That’s funny. We didn’t pursue him.
My "sources" which I won't disclose,which are higher -ups in the FSU community tell me otherwise. They tell me Taggart was their 15th choice after McElwain, Zook, Muschamp and Adam Sandler turned them down. They asked Burt Reynolds how he coached the convicts to victory over the security guards, he wouldn't disclose a word.

The ACC is going to trade you guys in for Florida Atlantic and you are going to invest heavily into a curling program.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
What kind of retarded logic is this? Another team had a bigger crowd so that somehow makes UF's fanbase less excited?

Its not good logic but to be fair, the fsu fan base is extremely excited for taggart for some reason and we have never had that many at our spring game. Im still not a believer but others are extremely excited. Not sure if its becuz he is blk or becuz hes so much different than jimbo or both. None of that sh## matters to me unless he wins.

My "sources" which I won't disclose,which are higher -ups in the FSU community tell me otherwise. They tell me Taggart was their 15th choice after McElwain, Zook, Muschamp and Adam Sandler turned them down. They asked Burt Reynolds how he coached the convicts to victory over the security guards, he wouldn't disclose a word.

The ACC is going to trade you guys in for Florida Atlantic and you are going to invest heavily into a curling program.

Was Mullen technically after Mischamp, another candidate, McElwain, then three more candidates? That’s 7th pick?

Its not good logic but to be fair, the fsu fan base is extremely excited for taggart for some reason and we have never had that many at our spring game. Im still not a believer but others are extremely excited. Not sure if its becuz he is blk or becuz hes so much different than jimbo or both. None of that sh## matters to me unless he wins.

giphy.gif

Its not though. Ive actually heard this countless times through fans. There is some huge miami fan who said he is rooting for him because he is one of the first blk coaches who has a great job with a great chance to succeed. People are so touchy these days. Jus becuz someone brings up race, does not mean they mean it in a neagtive way. I actually meant it in a positive way. Kids would love to play for a blk coach. Taggart will have no problem recruiting.

Last edited:
Mullen was a pipe dream for you guys, as were some of your fallback options....
KrU8p-1462830352-852-blog-Header%202.jpg

Mullen is better than muschamp and butter tooth. I dont think any rational person can deny that. Is he saban or meyer? No. But who is? I think he has a good chance to succeed.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
Its not though. Ive actually heard this countless times through fans. There is some huge miami fan who said he is rooting for him because he is one of the first blk coaches who has a great job with a great chance to succeed. People are so touchy these days. Jus becuz someone brings up race, does not mean they mean it in a neagtive way. I actually meant it in a positive way. Kids would love to play for a blk coach. Taggart will have no problem recruiting.
Some will never get it.
Agree, I don't care if the coach shares the same skin color as me. I want a coach at can win at UF. I want Willie to lose at FSU...I wanted Randy to lose at Miami. I about threw up in my mouth when I thought there was a slight chance Randy Shannon could pull an Ed O and go from interim to head coach. I want a guy who can win.

It's about as dumb as folks telling me I SHOULD support black owned businesses. If their products and/or customer service sucks, why should I support it just for the hell of it? Sure I love hearing success stories and hope all can come up and succeed. However telling me to like or support this and that person based on similar skin color is as racist as not liking them for the same.

Oh and edit: it gets nerve racking for the lily little rich white guy to keep pushing his race agenda for Willie. Probably the same racist guy that we know deep down inside is teyitr to justify his raciam by saying"my third best friend is black"

Reactions: fsu939913
I heard it from some pretty good booster sources that were disappointed UF fell to their 4th pick. You also aren't even investing (@$120m) at the level we've already invested in our facilities ($150m plus more on the way). Facts are facts Jack and ya'll don't even have a club level. My sources told me Mullen can't recruit well enough despite the X's and O's to compete with Richt and Taggart (evidenced by yore numerous 3*'s vs the 4 4*'s we just brought in over the weekend...). He's a McElwain 2.0 and can't compete for the Jimmy's and the Joe's. 3 years and you'll be hunting a new coach, unless you settle with being 3rd to 4th in the state. Just my honest opinion, backed up with reputable boosters.

Huh?
What the hell are you talking about?
gawd you're stupid even for a Seminole

Reactions: fsu939913
Don't worry we'll be right around there come the end of the season. One thing Willie has proven he can do is recruit.

I believe Taggert will be a good recruiter but he hasn't proven anything yet in that regard, what he has proven is a track record of winning around 50% of his games

Last edited:

Lee Corso also turned them down but he couldn't remember what they offered him. Mike Martin wanted the job because he's tired of losing his last 50 something games to UF's baseball team

I believe Taggert will be a good recruiter but he hasn't proven anything yet in that regard, what he has proven is a track record of winning around 50% of his games

Exactly. Ive never been happy about the hire. He may do extremely well but history says he is a .500 coach. People can say he took teams that werent fsu caliber and improved them, they would be right but i saw Urban at bowling green and utah..... No excuses.

Context, context, context. It seems like a hard concept for you to understand.

We’ll see in November. We’re looking forward to it. By then Willie will be over .500 and you’ll have to come up with another thing to try and hang your hat on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT