ADVERTISEMENT

One thing that has gone unnoticed....

Do not forget Coach Herron. He was the reason we signed Edwards, Henderson, Gamble and Davis this cycle

Should get even better with Seider. But Mac is entering put up or shut up time on the field. If he doesn't produce an offense this year it isn't going to matter who we have on the trail

the blue chip numbers went from 21% to like low 30s to 48% now with this class, time to find a QB and give the defense some leads to play with and be aggressive and win games...

I think one thing too is that in the past we never really focused on South Florida much, in part because we were seen as the outside school. It was always Miami and then FSU for kids down there, so I think we backed off which was a mistake. Meyer started to make ground down there then Muschamp took it up another notch and then this class got us a nice grip from down there too. All the hires focused on down there paid off in this class.

Here's what I find funny though and this has been true for FSU, Miami, and UF. They all build national championship caliber teams by signing the best players in Florida then once they win and can attract those national players they lose focus and start signing a bunch of out of state players an inevitably fall off. Probably because those types are frontrunners AND while you're ignoring your home base you allow your rivals to grab good players and build relationships, not to mention teams from outside the area like Clemson.
agree with this 100%. I will add that signing Florida kids becomes accretive. Increase the number of FL kids and you become more attractive to their friends and teammates. You have to leave the State to p/u some kids, particularly QBs and OL, but the vast majority of your squad should come from Florida. The beginning of the end of every Florida program is to begin to focus too much outside of the State. You lose touch with the base....the party is near the end.

16388402_10211686801186250_8618486429956522368_n.jpg

Reactions: MJWilliamson
They are completely done, not a word from them after this season just like i predicted. The BEST they can do is 4 L's with their best team since like 01 and 98, they are f***ed with talent and now without most of it. Butch is done

They are completely done, not a word from them after this season just like i predicted. The BEST they can do is 4 L's with their best team since like 01 and 98, they are f***ed with talent and now without most of it. Butch is done

I won't forget how the UT fans flooded all the boards, Twitter, call in shows, etc during the LSU hurricane cancellation game. They bitches and moaned for weeks. All while losing to the likes of Vanderbilt...And we ended up playing LSU...And winning! They disappeared and hushed up. Now after a 3 star pile up, the rest evaporated. Mac will not lose to them again anytime soon. He learned from that. Our players did as well.

A5u3AGizr_4gTgcMoBwBd7Hh5Lg80hxbiLQqhBQDAhqxXuvUgRZioFtgl87QRFbWz3CCjZTyK-tshDi_6n45qYLECzVuFP4llwP07c7Xk1thMWaiFV_qJsVy7LKui2oA=s0-d-e1-ft

Paul Myerberg has this chart of the SEC, based upon using the composite standings compiled by 247Sports.com, tallying the average final class ranking for each Power Five team during the past five years,

From the Spurrier days to today the only time UT has beat us is when they had 3-4 year great recruiting years and caught us on years when we lost talent due to graduation/early draft. 01 was maybe the exception they actually played/coached a complete game. Zook games were a combo of being out talented, young talent, and an assist from the officials. This past year can be put on coaching for the most part. I'll give their players credit though. They had absolutely nothing to lose and played balls to the wall and our coaches and players tightened up and took beating them for granted. I'll put money Mac will not lose to them for the next 3 years. We have balance, experience, and quality players. I'll take our defense vs their new QB and all else. They will not pass on us like last year.

From the Spurrier days to today the only time UT has beat us is when they had 3-4 year great recruiting years and caught us on years when we lost talent due to graduation/early draft. 01 was maybe the exception they actually played/coached a complete game. Zook games were a combo of being out talented, young talent, and an assist from the officials. This past year can be put on coaching for the most part. I'll give their players credit though. They had absolutely nothing to lose and played balls to the wall and our coaches and players tightened up and took beating them for granted. I'll put money Mac will not lose to them for the next 3 years. We have balance, experience, and quality players. I'll take our defense vs their new QB and all else. They will not pass on us like last year.

I am not acared of UT, but I wouldn't call us experienced this year. And their new QB is going to be better than Dobbs.

I am not acared of UT, but I wouldn't call us experienced this year. And their new QB is going to be better than Dobbs.
He may throw and run better than Dobbs but he won't have the smarts or composure. Dobbs held composure.

No we aren't experienced as far as playing time but they've experienced the highs and lows. Kind of like a child knowing what a good spanking can do. Our offense will have the experience to handle them. Defense will be good enough. I can't predict many other games but I'd be willing to bet Mac won't lose to Butch or Muschamp....And Vanderbilt games won't be close.

He may throw and run better than Dobbs but he won't have the smarts or composure. Dobbs held composure.

No we aren't experienced as far as playing time but they've experienced the highs and lows. Kind of like a child knowing what a good spanking can do. Our offense will have the experience to handle them. Defense will be good enough. I can't predict many other games but I'd be willing to bet Mac won't lose to Butch or Muschamp....And Vanderbilt games won't be close.

One thing about UT is that when you look at the QBs of the successful teams, Bama, Clemson, OSU, PSU, etc, UT is joining that party, we are not. That scares me a bit

One thing about UT is that when you look at the QBs of the successful teams, Bama, Clemson, OSU, PSU, etc, UT is joining that party, we are not. That scares me a bit

Can't argue that. Toney is a start. Maybe (even if he never takes a game snap at UF{doubtful}) will open their eyes to what multiple options bring to the table.

I think now first hand he saw Hurts damage his defense he realizes what a DT/QB can do. Not sure what he faced in the MWC but year one a DT/QB didn't really hurt him. Dobbs had that fluke game where he was the leading rusher/passer/receiver. He pretty much shut down Chad Kelly (about the second best running QB he faced) and it wasn't Brandon Harris legs that won LSU that game.

I know you were high on hopes for Treon but maybe that possibly shyed him away from letting a QB make plays. I still honestly say they held Treon back though.

Maybe just maybe they will open their eyes to DT/QB's.

Can't argue that. Toney is a start. Maybe (even if he never takes a game snap at UF{doubtful}) will open their eyes to what multiple options bring to the table.

I think now first hand he saw Hurts damage his defense he realizes what a DT/QB can do. Not sure what he faced in the MWC but year one a DT/QB didn't really hurt him. Dobbs had that fluke game where he was the leading rusher/passer/receiver. He pretty much shut down Chad Kelly (about the second best running QB he faced) and it wasn't Brandon Harris legs that won LSU that game.

I know you were high on hopes for Treon but maybe that possibly shyed him away from letting a QB make plays. I still honestly say they held Treon back though.

Maybe just maybe they will open their eyes to DT/QB's.

Well he was doing commentary foe the NC game om SECN or somewhere and people said he went on amd on about the options opened with QBs like Hurts and Watson. And it was days later that Toney's brother tweeted that Mac was allowing him to work out at QB. I think he sees it, I think like Saban, it is just so far from what they won with at Bama when they were together. Hurts ended up playing because the PS guys were struggling now Saban is going to 100% DT guys. I think if Toney gets in it would be under very similar circumstances. I have no doubt he sees it, I just don't know if he is ready to take the plunge. Harbaugh is even making the transition that way.

Quite honestly, the guy reminds me of Insta. If stuff doesn't go your way, make shit up

Actually the Head-BJ is more like michi-twit (the recruit and coach ranking genius). Run your mouth constantly and then fall back on your 'selective memory' when you're proven FoS yet again... :cool:

It happened to Meyer at UF as well. He started recruiting nationally too much. Jimbo is starting to do the same. The opportunity is there for UF and/or Miami to take advantage of that. I feel like we most certainly did in this 2017 class. We signed the best class of in-state players between UF, FSU & Miami

LOL. You guys are really reaching here.

Actually, you have no clue what UF will be like at QB in 2017.
And you were also scared of the terrible recruiting classes, claiming that Mc was even regressing, (fool).

Michi's regression sequence: 91>21>12>9... :rolleyes:
So trust whatever this twit says, cause he's infallible, at least in his own delusional mind anyway... :confused:

Tenn got some top players when Spurrier was at UF. They seemed to be top 10 area most years in the polls.

Tenn got some top players when Spurrier was at UF. They seemed to be top 10 area most years in the polls.

Top 5 at times ..But we were too...If/when we slipped they pulled off the upset due to equal talent and a bit of experience. 2001 was about the only complete game they had coaching wise.

Paco, don't act like you know what Jimbo does from a recruiting standpoint because you don't.

Actually, you have no clue what UF will be like at QB in 2017.
And you were also scared of the terrible recruiting classes, claiming that Mc was even regressing, (fool).

Michi's regression sequence: 91>21>12>9... :rolleyes:
So trust whatever this twit says, cause he's infallible, at least in his own delusional mind anyway... :confused:

When did we ever finish 91 in recruiting? Or is this more alternative facts from you?

Georgia has always been a huge area for FSU and they signed six from there. FSU isnt neglecting the state of FL. They are still grabbing the majority of the top talent but are able to then go out and get the best at certain positions out of state.

From 2010-2016, FSU only recruited 55.9% of its 2010-2016 classes from the state of Florida.

In fact, quite a few of his best players haven't been Florida kids.

MEJ, Sweat, Goldman, Jalen, Winston, Darby, DJax, Rod Johnson, Telvin, Marquez, Nnadi, Cam Erving, Tre Jackson, Bjeorn all OOD kids

Last edited:
When did we ever finish 91 in recruiting? Or is this more alternative facts from you?

You really are this clueless aren't you oozzzie? (rhetorical) :rolleyes:

It was not a #91 finish dweeb. The UF class was sitting at #91 with only 6 commits when Mc arrived at UF.

With a little over a month to recruit, he brought in 15 more recruits including 2 five stars to bring the class up to #21. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT