ADVERTISEMENT

OL Recruiting

No one answered your questions. I wonder why?

My point was we schemed with Treon to compete in these games. We did nothing of the sort in the bowl game. It will be interesting to see what excuses we get if this year does not go well. They have a statue game manager at QB, so no more excuses on offense.

Treon is not a SEC caliber QB. He never was and I knew it was a mistake when we were recruiting him as a QB.

If you recall we were actually moving the ball up and down the field in the first quarter against Michigan but we weren't getting any points. It was actually some of the best offensive playcalling we had all year. Then Harris threw an interception in the end zone on 3rd down when he thought it was 4th. Another great play by Harris and that is about when the wheels fell off in that game.

And yet somehow Roper's offense averaged 32 ppg with a true freshman Treon QB'ing it.

Was Treon ever going to be a great college QB? No, he has too many physical limitations especially for the offense we now run. But why you guys continue to place all the blame on him for the offense's results is really baflling. Especially when a coach you all think suck got more out of him just a year earlier. Actually...the reasoning y'all display isn't surprising. I know why y'all do it, its so the coaches can remain blameless. What's funny is the same posters who put all the blame on the QB will then turn around and say things like "we started 3 true freshmen on the line how is that the coaches fault?" or "this was the first year of them installing a new system give them a chance." So the coaches get qualifiers on their performance because of those issues but the QB who has to actually play dealing with all those issues gets no slack? Its idiotic logic.

My point was we schemed with Treon to compete in these games. We did nothing of the sort in the bowl game. It will be interesting to see what excuses we get if this year does not go well. They have a statue game manager at QB, so no more excuses on offense.
Go rewatch the 1st quarter of the bowl game. We certainly did scheme with him for the bowl game. Problem is he isn't good enough and once that was figured out there wasn't much else you could do with him to hide all his deficiencies.

And somehow Roper's offense averaged nearly 30 a game with a true freshman Treon. Was he ever going to be a great college QB? No. But why you guys continue to put all the blame for the offense on his shoulders baffles me. Well actually no it doesn't.

And yet somehow Roper's offense averaged 32 ppg with a true freshman Treon QB'ing it.

Was Treon ever going to be a great college QB? No, he has too many physical limitations especially for the offense we now run. But why you guys continue to place all the blame on him for the offense's results is really baflling. Especially when a coach you all think suck got more out of him just a year earlier. Actually...the reasoning y'all display isn't surprising. I know why y'all do it, its so the coaches can remain blameless. What's funny is the same posters who put all the blame on the QB will then turn around and say things like "we started 3 true freshmen on the line how is that the coaches fault?" or "this was the first year of them installing a new system give them a chance." So the coaches get qualifiers on their performance because of those issues but the QB who has to actually play dealing with all those issues gets no slack? Its idiotic logic.
No the coaches aren't blameless but when you start 3 true freshmen olineman and a bad QB with absolutely no kicking game then that is what you get. How many teams have been successful on offense with those 3 factors working against you before you even snap the ball.

Go rewatch the 1st quarter of the bowl game. We certainly did scheme with him for the bowl game. Problem is he isn't good enough and once that was figured out there wasn't much else you could do with him to hide all his deficiencies.

So one player alone was responsible for our worst bowl losss ever? Against a team which put far less talent on the field? With a month to prepare?

Sorry, not buying it

No the coaches aren't blameless but when you start 3 true freshmen olineman and a bad QB with absolutely no kicking game then that is what you get. How many teams have been successful on offense with those 3 factors working against you before you even snap the ball.

Ummmm you're kinda missing the point. I agree that the coaches were hamstrung by personnel.

The entire point was that you can't give the coaches a pass for all those deficiencies we had on offense but then not give the QB having to also play with those issues a pass, it makes no sense. If the coaches can't be expected to put a good offense on the field because we have no run game, we're having to start 3 true freshmen on the oline, we have players who don't fit the system, etc. then why is it reasonable to expect a QB to overcome all that and lead a decent offense? The logic is inconsistent.

I have issue with giving Treon the OL excuse when he couldn't open guys on 5 yard slants with zero pressure on him

I have issue with giving Treon the OL excuse when he couldn't open guys on 5 yard slants with zero pressure on him

Treon couldn't throw in 2014 either, but the offense still moved the ball. Why? Because we could just run the ball down people's throats and 'dummy proof' the offense. An inaccurate QB's warts get exposed even more when he's constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long because we can't even block teams like FAU or Vandy. QB who can't throw in constant passing situations= disaster.

Treon couldn't throw in 2014 either, but the offense still moved the ball. Why? Because we could just run the ball down people's throats and 'dummy proof' the offense. An inaccurate QB's warts get exposed even more when he's constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long because we can't even block teams like FAU or Vandy. QB who can't throw in constant passing situations= disaster.
The offense moved the ball in 2014?? That's news to me.

I meant the 2014 offense with Treon moved better than the 2015 offense with Treon. 32 ppg in 2014 in the games he started, remind me how much it was this year? So yea, comparatively speaking they moved the ball.

Treon's stats in 2014

28lxws6.jpg

and the offensive output in 2014 (with three NFL linemen on the roster)

29oflae.jpg

That IS 30 points per game. But without the 65 point output against eastern Michigan and the 52 point out put against eastern Kentucky, it drops to under 25 points

Ok? So we didn't play any cupcakes last year? Also it cuts both ways. Last year there were 3 NFL linemen (I assume you mention that to discount the offenses' performance) and this year there are three true freshmen linemen which undoubtedly hurt the offenses performance. Same QB two different results, what's the difference? Maybe it ain't all the QB then it would seem.

Last edited:
Jesus ooz.

He couldn't hit wide open receivers with zero pressure on him

What is your problem?

The kid sucked. Mentally. He was done after UGA.

There was no changing the offense for him

Oh, let's not forget that he was accused of rape AND, whatever the moron has done since, he's not anywhere near being with the team

Abd go ahead and call out Callaway because stupid receivers (randy moss Chad Johnson TO) need to be smart?

Please

Why can some of you not admit that Treon was over rated cornbread garbage from a big school who continually lost his edge the more he played?

Race?

Jesus ooz.

He couldn't hit wide open receivers with zero pressure on him

What is your problem?

The kid sucked. Mentally. He was done after UGA.

There was no changing the offense for him

Oh, let's not forget that he was accused of rape AND, whatever the moron has done since, he's not anywhere near being with the team

Abd go ahead and call out Callaway because stupid receivers (randy moss Chad Johnson TO) need to be smart?

Please

Why can some of you not admit that Treon was over rated cornbread garbage from a big school who continually lost his edge the more he played?

Race?

What is so difficult to comprehend? He couldn't hit a receiver 10 yards away in 2014 either but the offense still averaged over 30 with him. Why? Idk why y'all keep trying to sidestep that question. He was a worse QB as a true freshman and somehow Roper managed to score points against the likes of Vandy.

I don't understand why someone saying it wasn't all the QB is somehow some wild defense of him. I've already said he was inaccurate, that he was never gonna be great, I said midseason last year he should switch positions AND I made a thread like week 2 saying Grier needed to be the QB of the future and somehow that equates to me having some wild love affair with Treon, and I get the race card for good measure. LMFAO. Maybe I just enjoy more nuanced commentary on what's happening on the field other than QB bad, offense sucked. There's reasons for everything. If your only option at QB can't throw what do you do to protect him? Run the ball and give him easy completions. If you can't run the ball and are always in obvious passing situations with a QB that can't throw what happens? Now is the QB to blame or the fact that we couldn't do literally anything upfront to even hide his awfulness to blame? It's really simple.

What is so difficult to comprehend? He couldn't hit a receiver 10 yards away in 2014 either but the offense still averaged over 30 with him. Why? Idk why y'all keep trying to sidestep that question. He was a worse QB as a true freshman and somehow Roper managed to score points against the likes of Vandy.

I don't understand why someone saying it wasn't all the QB is somehow some wild defense of him. I've already said he was inaccurate, that he was never gonna be great, I said midseason last year he should switch positions AND I made a thread like week 2 saying Grier needed to be the QB of the future and somehow that equates to me having some wild love affair with Treon, and I get the race card for good measure. LMFAO. Maybe I just enjoy more nuanced commentary on what's happening on the field other than QB bad, offense sucked. There's reasons for everything. If your only option at QB can't throw what do you do to protect him? Run the ball and give him easy completions. If you can't run the ball and are always in obvious passing situations with a QB that can't throw what happens? Now is the QB to blame or the fact that we couldn't do literally anything upfront to even hide his awfulness to blame? It's really simple.
Mentally he was done and checked out. He wasn't even in the film room or studying tape towards the end of the 2015 season once the wheels fell off. I had even heard rumors that after a few games last year that Harris didn't even want to play QB anymore but he had too Becuase we virtually had nobody else.

In 2014 his teammates supported him and played hard for him because Driskel was struggling and had been struggling for some time. The change to Harris re-energized the team in 2014 a bit. In 2015 it basically became the Driskel situation all over again. His teammates didn't believe him anymore and lost all confidence in him. Couldn't you tell how much confidence they had in him or lack thereof by the way to defense started to play at times? Anytime we got behind the team mentally checked out Becuase they knew we weren't coming back with Harris at QB. The team also knew that Grier was the much better QB so that didn't help much with the mentality of the team either.

Mentally he was done and checked out. He wasn't even in the film room or studying tape towards the end of the 2015 season once the wheels fell off. I had even heard rumors that after a few games last year that Harris didn't even want to play QB anymore but he had too Becuase we virtually had nobody else.

In 2014 his teammates supported him and played hard for him because Driskel was struggling and had been struggling for some time. The change to Harris re-energized the team in 2014 a bit. In 2015 it basically became the Driskel situation all over again. His teammates didn't believe him anymore and lost all confidence in him. Couldn't you tell how much confidence they had in him or lack thereof by the way to defense started to play at times? Anytime we got behind the team mentally checked out Becuase they knew we weren't coming back with Harris at QB. The team also knew that Grier was the much better QB so that didn't help much with the mentality of the team either.

Right. And all those things point to teamwide issues. Tons of people were saying midseason last year he asked the coaches to switch positions for the good of the team but we literally had no other options. But yet we still shit on him anyway like its his fault there's nobody else.

It was a teamwide meltdown. Treon isn't a good enough passer to run a high level offense and we were never going to win big with him because of that. But all his issues could have been minimized if we could do something as simple as average 2 yards per carry against freaking FAU or block for a rollout, which was the whole point. Earlier in the season we started the same oline for the first 5 games and they were still bad but we at least had SOME continuity and weren't relying on freshmen. By the end of the season we had so many injuries on oline we had guys out there playing with injuries that should have sat them out for the season and was playing a guy like Jordan way underweight inside because there was nobody else. And people still put all the blame on the QB as if that was the only difference between the results earlier in the season and later in the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT