ADVERTISEMENT

Official MIDTERMS thread. All polling/key races info goes here please

Yeah, but he said it was 'historic'.

Losing the House is historic?

Yes. I know you're too afraid to look at the video...we understand trump supporters are allergic to facts

republicans underperformed the average seat change badly

74djt1.jpg

republicans lost state legislatures & governships in the battle ground states

74dk0c.jpg

And now fewer Americans are under republican rule...

74dk8i.jpg

IOW, they took the House, just as I said.

What an historic win for the dems!

That's a historic underperformance that's going to put McCarthy's wish to be Speaker at risk and the GOP agenda at risk for the next 2 years

If the GOP had even performed close to average they wouldn't have the problems they are experiencing now

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/13/politics/government-funding-shutdown-latest/index.html
Negotiators announce bipartisan framework agreement for government funding package

By Clare Foran, Lauren Fox, Melanie Zanona and Daniella Diaz, CNN
Updated 9:21 PM EST, Tue December 13, 2022

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell said on Tuesday negotiators are “very close” to getting a deal on a spending bill that would be “broadly appealing.” McConnell said that needs to be finished no later than December 22, noting that they “intend to be on the road going home” on December 23 ahead of the Christmas holiday.

But on Tuesday, GOP leader Kevin McCarthy told House Republicans during a closed-door meeting he’s a “hell no” on a full-year government spending package, according to sources in the room. McCarthy made the statement even as there still isn’t official agreement on new funding levels for an end-of-year bill, a sign of how difficult it will be if negotiators fail to secure an agreement imminently and have to confront the issue in the new Congress after Republicans take over the House, especially if McCarthy’s detractors are still holding out votes for him to be speaker. The comments from McCarthy may even add more urgency to the effort to reach a deal before the new Congress convenes.

Last edited:
Did you read what you posted?

Both parties are to submit their respective ballot inspectors, Lake has to post a bond, and the inspection can't interfere with the ongoing recounts

Ooooh is that supposed to mean Lake has win something here?

Did you expect the case to be thrown out without an inspection?

Well that's included in this ruling too... (Item #5)
If the case is thrown out BEFORE the inspection then there will be no inspection

Anyone want to predict the outcome of Lake's lawsuit which made the same losing claims as Finchem's? 🤣

https://www.abc15.com/news/political/elections/judge-dismisses-finchem-lawsuit-with-prejudice
Judge dismisses Finchem lawsuit with prejudice

By: abc15.com staff
Posted at 8:08 PM, Dec 16, 2022 and last updated 10:39 PM, Dec 16, 2022

A judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Mark Finchem with prejudice and confirmed the election of Adrian Fontes as Arizona Secretary of State-Elect.

The lawsuit focused on issues in the 2022 election, as well as the fact that Secretary of State Katie Hobbs did not recuse herself despite the fact she was running for governor.

The judge also ordered that within 10 days, Hobbs and Fontes may file for sanctions.

Kari will be calling Bill Gates, Stephen Richer and KATIE HOBBS to testify.

Under oath.

Thank you Kari, for not listening to the dems and RINOs that want us to just move on from ensuring election integrity.

• Love
Reactions: nail1988
THIS is what the conservative movement now calls a win...

A chance to be heard... instead of their challenges being thrown out as frivolous

Baby steps 🤣

Meanwhile :
"The Supreme Court of Delaware has formally struck down state laws allowing universal mail-in voting and same-day voter registration, finding the statutes violate the state’s constitution.

The court unanimously ruled against the laws in October—preventing no excuse required mail-in voting and same-day voter registration from being used in the Nov. 8 general elections—but didn’t make public a full opinion explaining its reasons until Dec. 16."

https://apnews.com/article/2022-mid...-katie-hobbs-b026618ab22cc3f60c04b968b48a46ee
Kari Lake trial to be Arizona governor lacks day 1 shockers
By JACQUES BILLEAUD and JONATHAN J. COOPER
56 minutes ago

She faces extremely long odds in her challenge, needing to prove not only that misconduct occurred, but also that it was intended to deny her victory and did in fact result in the wrong woman being declared the winner.

Each and every challenge on Day 1 was answered by the State

Kari Lake PROVED NOTHING today 🤣

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-evidence-misconduct-first-day-013647934.html
No evidence of misconduct in first day of Kari Lake election-challenge trial

756e68.jpg

The first day of an evidence trial based on an election-challenge lawsuit by Republican governor candidate Kari Lake raised plentiful suspicions but did not reveal evidence of the misconduct she alleged.

Lake, a Republican endorsed by former President Donald Trump, alleges in her suit that malicious acts by election officials caused "vast numbers of illegal votes" to infect the election and that Democrat Katie Hobbs was wrongfully declared the winner.

Election results showed that Hobbs beat Lake by about 17,000 votes in the Nov. 8 election. After basing her campaign on 2020 election conspiracy theories, Lake's best chance of taking office now rests on convincing a judge she was robbed of a rightful victory.

Roughly seven hours of court proceedings on Wednesday made it clear how difficult that will be.

ray ray your articles are a perfect example of how the media can easily gaslight the slow-witted.

I actually read your three articles. I noticed two important things:

1 - Your articles totally ignored the most damaging exchanges for the defense. The exchange with Ms Honey that I gave video to above was particularly devastating for the defense, as the defense attorney literally walked Ms Honey through explaining that the ballots were 'legally called INVALID ballots'. And the article also made no mention of defense attorney being so befuddled that at one point he objected to his own co-counsel. I can't help but think each article would have made that embarrassing episode a focus if Kari's team had slipped up like that.

2 - The articles never mention the damaging exchanges, but the title and focus of the articles is to attempt to debunk them anyway. Notice the titles 'no misconduct', 'no shockers', 'no smoking gun'. The articles are set up to debunk what Twitter is saying, without acknowledging what happened in the trial to CAUSE TWITTER TO SAY THAT.

It was a horrible first day for Katie's team. I dunno what Katie did with all that money she collected from gullible supporters, but I don't think she spend it on attorneys, at least not based on what happened Weds.

cc @fatman76 BTW apparently Kari's trial isn't a jury trial, it's for the judge only. I say that because I saw Tracy Beanz tweeting about how fair the judge was. I can't find her tweet now, but she said the judge instructed both sides that they would have 20 mins for their closing statements. Kari's team told the judge they could do their's in 15, to which he told her if that's the case, they can take their remaining 5 mins and use it to rebut the defense's closing statement.

I've never heard of a judge allowing that, let alone suggesting it.

Tracy said the first day was exceptional for Kari and that the media was totally ignoring the high points, as we see in ray ray's MSM articles above. She did say Kari's team spent too long with one of the witnesses, said it could be an issue as they only have a few hours left to finish the trial and several witnesses left to question.

ray ray your articles are a perfect example of how the media can easily gaslight the slow-witted.

I actually read your three articles. I noticed two important things:

1 - Your articles totally ignored the most damaging exchanges for the defense. The exchange with Ms Honey that I gave video to above was particularly devastating for the defense, as the defense attorney literally walked Ms Honey through explaining that the ballots were 'legally called INVALID ballots'. And the article also made no mention of defense attorney being so befuddled that at one point he objected to his own co-counsel. I can't help but think each article would have made that embarrassing episode a focus if Kari's team had slipped up like that.

I guess you missed this in the last article I linked to...I've highlighted where your claim falls apart.

Theories are NOT evidence

Testimony: County had sloppy chain of custody system​

Heather Honey of Haystack Investigations, a Pennsylvania company that worked as a subcontractor on the Arizona Senate's partisan audit of the 2020 election, testified that the county had a sloppy chain of custody system and, referring to affidavits as part of the lawsuit's 7,000-plus pages of exhibits, how Runbeck employees allegedly could insert ballots at will into the system without a proper record. Honey is also a founder of Verity Vote, an election-security investigation company that reported in October that a Pennsylvania sent 255,000 ballots to unverified voters, a claim Pennsylvania officials dispute.

Runbeck employee Denise Marie, who's expected to testify on the trial's second day, stated in an affidavit that employee family members were allowed to turn in ballots to the company's Phoenix facility in violation of Arizona law. Honey, who had interviewed Marie as part of her review of Maricopa County's 2022 election, suggested — as the lawsuit does — that any number of unaccountable ballots could have been inserted into the system this way. She theorized that the county's failure to follow procedural rules and the law must have been purposeful.

"Somebody," she said, "made the decision not to do it."

Richer and Jarrett, in their own testimony, described the system much differently, saying that they adhered to election procedures required by law.

2 - The articles never mention the damaging exchanges, but the title and focus of the articles is to attempt to debunk them anyway. Notice the titles 'no misconduct', 'no shockers', 'no smoking gun'. The articles are set up to debunk what Twitter is saying, without acknowledging what happened in the trial to CAUSE TWITTER TO SAY THAT.

The twitter posts seem to never mention this about the "damaging exchanges"...gee, I wonder why 🤔

A cyber expert was among the witnesses​

Some of the most compelling testimony of the day came from IT expert Clay Parikh, who alleged that someone had intentionally changed printer presets at polling centers, causing the Election Day malfunctions.

Parikh said he has been with defense firm Northrop Grumman auditing “classified systems” for three years and as a career IT security professional has worked for NASA, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and voting systems. In response to questions by county lawyer Tom Liddy, Parikh also noted that he was being paid $250 an hour from Lake's defense fund for his testimony and that the fund also paid his airfare and lodging from his home in Alabama. He acknowledged that he had also previously spoken at an event hosted by Mike Lindell, the "Pillow Guy," who has helped Trump promote baseless claims of election fraud.

Parikh saw nearly 50 out of 113 "spoiled" ballots that he said had a serious flaw: They consisted of 19-inch ballot images printed on 20-inch ballot paper. The bad print job causes ballots to be rejected by the tabulators, he said, and implied this could have happened to many more ballots. He said the problem must have been intentional because it could have only happened by changing the printer adjustments or changing the setting to the app that creates the ballot style.

Liddy asked him what would happen to a ballot that a tabulator rejected because its ballot image was off-kilter. Parikh said it would be duplicated — the votes from the bad ballot transferred to the duplicate ballot — and run through the tabulator again.

Would it be counted? Liddy asked.

"If they are duplicated correctly and configured correctly, yes," Parikh said.

Though Parikh said he confirmed some ballots had mismatched ballot images printed on them, Jarrett, the election director, had previously testified that it would be a mistake if any 20-inch ballot had a 19-inch image.

But Parikh had offered no testimony alleging that mismatched-ballot images would not be duplicated and their votes counted, leaving open the idea that the problem had not caused any disenfranchised votes.

It was a horrible first day for Katie's team. I dunno what Katie did with all that money she collected from gullible supporters, but I don't think she spend it on attorneys, at least not based on what happened Weds.

Lake's witnesses testified that they had NO EVIDENCE to support their claims

Your safe in assuming Lake will lose...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kari-lake-expert-witness-gets-005835740.html
Kari Lake 'Expert' Witness Gets Testy In Court When Pushed To Admit Facts
Josephine Harvey
Wed, December 21, 2022 at 7:58 PM EST·2 min read

An expert witness for Kari Lake on Wednesday got frustrated in court, ducked around questions and made admissions that contradicted Lake’s case.

Lake, the election-denying Republican candidate for governor of Arizona, started a two-day trial on Wednesday as she seeks to have her election loss overturned. A judge has already dismissed eight of the 10 claims she raised in her lawsuit. She is being allowed to make her case on the remaining two.

She is trying to prove that, one, a Maricopa County official deliberately caused a printer malfunction that lost enough votes to cost her the election; and, two, that ballots were improperly added by a contractor that handles mail ballots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT