ADVERTISEMENT

Number of U.S. men under 30 reporting no sex has reached record highs...

I know what you are saying but I don't think you had quite this many guys being shut out by females that were probably on the same level of looks he has. Can't remember your age but I am 52 and that is how it seemed to me in my 20s.

I think it will lead to society going downhill even more as far as parenting and the rest.

I am 52 now and not wealthy but in better shape than 90% of the guys my age when my weight is down (I move around from 210 to 230). At 210 and the good bodyfat level I have women signaling me at the places I go usually and don't have a hard time getting a 7 or 8 in my age range usually but when I am 230 that is definitely not the case. I am not looking for anything long term now but I did get a laugh one time with this pretty good looking lady I hooked up with about a year ago. Had only seen her a couple of times and happen to catch the tail end of her phone call with a lady friend of hers asking about what do I do (the money question) and she kind of played it off without directly answering because I wasn't some high status job I guess. I make it clear to them if they go there that I could give a crap less about that and what their job/money status is (in a nice way).

The only one I have lived at my house with for a time in recent years was a little bit of a drama queen but was a 9 looks wise for her age so I put up with it for some time but she had never had a career or a lot of money so I at least didn't have to deal with that mess while she was there.
Don't let anyone kid you. Women are just as shallow as men (or more). I'm almost 65 now but was King of the Hill from about age 40-55. I stopped playing the game then. It was easy, and it was fun. Was always told I looked 15 years younger than I am. I'm still not a hag, just not as buff as I was because of spinal stenosis. Stopped going to the gym 10 years ago. I don't care. I "retired" from that at kind of like Tom Brady's late stage success. :p Was never a pretty boy, just enough looks, hormones, and a not GAF attitude. When I was younger, was shy and got run over often. Once I grasped the pebble, it was time for me to leave that mentality. Life was good after that, and I have no regrets. only memories. ;)

This thread is HIGHLY entertaining. 😜
One of the comments below from the tinder study link.

"yeah hypergamy is an awful thing, it worked it old society when women had less rights and more men where capable of having something to bargain with women for sex. Now since sex for women doesn't really have value, and feminist society makes it very difficult for men to gain anything to bargain with girls for sex, most guys are simply not interesting enough for women.

I mean hypergamy simply doesn't work in a feminist society, but you cannot change biology, and if this continues, more and more men are going to hate women, and loving relationships will be a thing of the past, because i dont know any sane guy who could actually love a woman if he knew that she had smashed lots of guys in the upper 20% and only settled with him because she wasn't good enough to secure any of those upper level guys for a relationship. How could anyone love a girl who settles for you after she realizes that her own value is not represented by what kind of guys she can have sex with, but rather what kind of guy she can keep. If women knew this from the beginning they might decide to not smash the top guys in secret before settling down."
----------------------------------

What do you think of this person's comment?

I think with how things are now most women in their 20s are mostly worried about the better looking guy they can have fun with than they are who they can nail down to get married with. That probably doesn't start until the 30s for a lot of them.

Also I think average looking guy with money in his 30s could care less what she was doing in her 20s if she is good looking and will marry him when she enters her thirties.

The big change from years ago is that "not settling" decent looking career woman who is in her thirties mistakenly thinks she should get nothing less than a Chad who makes more money than her while failing to realize "high earner" Chad has the most power when it comes to this stuff in his 30s out of everyone and that power probably lasts until he is pushing 45 - 50.

This is probably leading to it being harder for average looking high earner guy to get the hot wife due to many of them being career women now and it leads the good looking career woman in her 30s being bitter she can't marry a Chad who has to make more than her because to do otherwise would be below her.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I just find this topic pretty crazy after running into this initial article and reading some of these posts from the younger crowd and some older ones to.

No telling where this is heading if its changed that much in the last decade.
Is the qualifier sex in or out of a relationship? Liberal women are more likely to have sex without a relationship, then get angry when the guy won't take it to the relationship level.

Conservative women are more likely to make the man wait till they are in a relationship.

I don't think this is an issue for conservatives regardless of gender or age.

Is the qualifier sex in or out of a relationship? Liberal women are more likely to have sex without a relationship, then get angry when the guy won't take it to the relationship level.

Conservative women are more likely to make the man wait till they are in a relationship.

Yep sex period. I think younger conservative women are pulling this more than in the past though not at the level of lefties.

I agree that most of these career women that are in their 30s mad that high earning chad won't marry them are way more likely to be lefties. I would say they definitely have more of the "I deserve attitude".

Yep sex period. I think younger conservative women are pulling this more than in the past though not at the level of lefties.

I agree that most of these career women that are in their 30s mad that high earning chad won't marry them are way more likely to be lefties. I would say they definitely have more of the "I deserve attitude".
I won’t date liberal or left leaning women 🤷🏻‍♂️

You have to remember too, a lot of these under 30 guys have little or no experience actually talking and courting girls in person. Take away the iphone or tablet and they have no idea how to actually talk to females.

I think you might be quite surprised. I know it surprised me. When the banker's and executive pants suits come off, there are raging tigresses out there.:oops: When a woman starts approaching their late 30's, the gloves come off.

You might be wrong, or you might be living under a rock.

Despite the apparent ease of securing sex in the age of dating apps and hookup culture, young Americans seem to be having less of it than ever before.

According to the survey, the portion of Americans between 18 and 29 reporting no sex in the last year has more than doubled in the last decade, leaping from 8 percent in 2008 up to 23 percent in 2018.

Broken down by gender, the data also showed a significant and unprecedented divide between male and female respondents. While the number of women in that age group reporting no sex saw an 8 percent increase in the last 10 years, the number of men reporting the same has nearly tripled to a staggering 28 percent....

Twenge also pointed to declining rates of labor force participation among men under thirty, as well as increasing rates of men in that age range living with their parents. “When you’re living at home it’s probably harder to bring sexual partners into your bedroom,” Twenge said.

45215d3b07d284b51dee87d54006a0435e5206c4658709e6417b26aa83f1c993_1.jpg

-------------------------------------

Just saw this article from 2019 posted elsewhere. If these numbers are even close to accurate America is following right behind Japan's lead when it comes to young people - especially younger guys not having sexual relations much anymore.

Curious what mainly caused the crazy spike from around 2008 to 2018. I don't buy that BS about the young guy living at home being a real big part of it as that has never stopped those types years ago as it was pretty easy to find some other place to get busy. I wish there were some breakdowns of the numbers by race etc. as I bet they vary a lot with white and far east asian people having the higher %.

It doesn't surprise me that the women's numbers vary a lot from the men's however.

If spankin the monkey in mommy's basement makes them happy, then God bless them. Just quit rioting and I'd be happy.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

The country is facing a crisis of broke dudes, according to new research from Cornell University — and it’s left successful ladies single and disgruntled.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/06/broke-men-are-hurting-american-womens-marriage-prospects/

In the study, published in the Journal of Marriage and Family, Cornell sociologists explored America’s declining marriage rate. They discovered a lack of financially eligible bachelors.

“There are shortages of economically attractive men,”
lead study author Daniel T. Lichter tells The Post. Although we like to think marriage is based on love, he says, it “also is fundamentally an economic transaction,” and women want partners whom they can call their equals....

“I find generally that dudes these days just do less across the board,” says the nurse practitioner. “Their parents have coddled them and taken care of them, and they just don’t go out there and make more money.”

broke-men.jpeg

------------------------------------

So 38 year old nurse practitioners now are even putting down guys for not making enough money. Well she at least is realistic and knows she might not find a guy soon meeting whatever her demands actually are.

• Love
Reactions: nail1988
Women have been displacing men in the office. The pool of equals is diminishing.

Secondly, speaking for me, I am a non-confrontational type and find that women that are driven to get into management are not demure enough for my tastes. I would venture that the Chad who has money is not looking for an "equal." If he truly is bagging 80% of the women he has his pick.

She is probably fit, hard to get, and a level below him in the office. She is probably willing to quit and raise a family. While my family life is not traditional I did marry a more traditional minded woman.

I do not think that men have changed as much as women and society have. In fact the very thing that women desire is a man driven to financial success as the article mentions. Society however has labeled such men as having toxic masculinity. Yes my wife calls me a caveman.

Lastly, and this is where I really mash the toes. In my experience, women led environments are full of drama and toxic. Why would Chad want to bring that home after a 12 hr day? Sorry gals but the Chad with money is sleeping around until he finds this:

2c531fd2afd84c2215e9355c7bb34047.jpg

But the good news is that there is an incel that isnt as choosey and will put up with the BS until you divorce him, take half the money, the house, share joint custody and ruin the domestic tranquility because you were a greedy self absorbed harridan who was never satisfied with his lack of accomplishment. But hey he will proivide you with 2 kids and child support while you shack up with someone else.

Heck I wonder how many Chads that have money have pre-nups?

The country is facing a crisis of broke dudes, according to new research from Cornell University — and it’s left successful ladies single and disgruntled.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/06/broke-men-are-hurting-american-womens-marriage-prospects/

In the study, published in the Journal of Marriage and Family, Cornell sociologists explored America’s declining marriage rate. They discovered a lack of financially eligible bachelors.

“There are shortages of economically attractive men,”
lead study author Daniel T. Lichter tells The Post. Although we like to think marriage is based on love, he says, it “also is fundamentally an economic transaction,” and women want partners whom they can call their equals....

“I find generally that dudes these days just do less across the board,” says the nurse practitioner. “Their parents have coddled them and taken care of them, and they just don’t go out there and make more money.”

broke-men.jpeg

------------------------------------

So 38 year old nurse practitioners now are even putting down guys for not making enough money. Well she at least is realistic and knows she might not find a guy soon meeting whatever her demands actually are.

NPs typically make >$100k a year, some well over that.

NPs typically make >$100k a year, some well over that.
Full RNs are the ones that can possibly make that not practitioners which if the terminology hasn't changed are the nurses below that (an equivalent to an LPN in Florida) and most full RNs don't even make 6 figures unless OT is involved and the ones not at a hospital make well under that also usually. Yes there are some specialized exceptions for full RNs but I am talking the normal pay. Many Full RNs have the attitude of females mentioned here however as I saw first hand many years ago working around some.

Last edited:
Women have been displacing men in the office. The pool of equals is diminishing.

Secondly, speaking for me, I am a non-confrontational type and find that women that are driven to get into management are not demure enough for my tastes. I would venture that the Chad who has money is not looking for an "equal." If he truly is bagging 80% of the women he has his pick.

She is probably fit, hard to get, and a level below him in the office. She is probably willing to quit and raise a family. While my family life is not traditional I did marry a more traditional minded woman.

I do not think that men have changed as much as women and society have. In fact the very thing that women desire is a man driven to financial success as the article mentions. Society however has labeled such men as having toxic masculinity. Yes my wife calls me a caveman.

Lastly, and this is where I really mash the toes. In my experience, women led environments are full of drama and toxic. Why would Chad want to bring that home after a 12 hr day? Sorry gals but the Chad with money is sleeping around until he finds this:

2c531fd2afd84c2215e9355c7bb34047.jpg

But the good news is that there is an incel that isnt as choosey and will put up with the BS until you divorce him, take half the money, the house, share joint custody and ruin the domestic tranquility because you were a greedy self absorbed harridan who was never satisfied with his lack of accomplishment. But hey he will proivide you with 2 kids and child support while you shack up with someone else.

Heck I wonder how many Chads that have money have pre-nups?

I think this toxic masculinity stuff for many of these career women is a code for they can't believe a non-Chad gave them a compliment or had the nerve to actually ask them out. That one link where the lady was saying how it made her feel bad about herself that certain men would even approach her is pretty telling how times have changed.

If you are average looking Joe just complimenting a female co-worker can get you a reprimand now I guess if she decides you weren't worthy to do that.

Full RNs are the ones that can possibly make that not practitioners which if the terminology hasn't changed are the nurses below that (an equivalent to an LPN in Florida) and most full RNs don't even make 6 figures unless OT is involved and the ones not at a hospital make well under that also usually. Yes there are some specialized exceptions for full RNs but I am talking the normal pay. Many Full RNs have the attitude of females mentioned here however as I saw first hand many years ago working around some.

NPs are a level above RNs, they're often doing the job of doctors. LPNs are a level below full RNs. There are many patients whose primary care "physicians" are actually NPs. There are subspecialty NPs who see cardiology, nephrology, etc. patients as well. NPs and PAs often do similar jobs and are paid similarly at a level just below lower-paying physicians, their prevalence depends on geography (PAs dominate in the northeast, NPs on the west coast).

LPN is practical non degreed licensed nurse

Practitioner is a RN who can prescribe certain meds. They run the walk in clinics and hold Masters Degrees.

Their salary is between 80K and 150K. So she makes plenty of money and wants to complain if a man makes less?

Average household income is 60K with median at 35K. She is in an upper bracket and by definition her pool of 'equals" is small. Maybe the man making 150K is not so greedy that he is looking to date only women with high salaries. Everyone wants more money but it is not always a priority.

Maybe if her priorities were straight she could find a good man that makes significantly less than her but still is a man!

Thing is with her attitude she will always look down on him because he makes less and that is just a divorce in the making.

Last edited:
It sucks getting old. I don't have that boundless energy that used to drive me to the brink of destruction, but damn it was fun. I used to keep a spreadsheet with names, phone numbers and descriptions. (and hidden computer photo files of the debaucheries enjoyed) o_O It's amazing how quickly people are forgotten without crib notes.:oops::p
You would have to keep a spreadsheet. God forbid you called one by the wrong name.

NP's are generally similar in skill set - and pay - as a PA.
Maybe they are different out there in the country.

This is still a Neanderthal world.
The male who was the best Hunter and provider for the group (tribe) was the dominant male and the most desired "breeder" - the females favored him because they saw him as someone who could provide for them and any offspring they might produce.
This is still a "thing" thousands of years later. It almost doesn't matter how much she makes - if she's going to be "breeding" she wants to know that the man can bring home the bacon while she takes care of their new human.
It's why there's a head lion, head stallion, and...the BULL GATOR. 😉

You a country boy? This side of 301?
No..... intracoastal area, boat ramps just around the corner. But times have changed. No more beach bars for moi. It was fun though. I still remember that skank Donna Hicken, (now Donna Deegan) slipping around Ragtime and Sundog Diner thinking they were undercover, shortly after she and Deegan got caught in the station parking lot doing the "Beast with Two Backs". 😂
Dan now lives right down the street with his new wife, much younger than he is. Good for him.

This is still a Neanderthal world.
The male who was the best Hunter and provider for the group (tribe) was the dominant male and the most desired "breeder" - the females favored him because they saw him as someone who could provide for them and any offspring they might produce.
This is still a "thing" thousands of years later. It almost doesn't matter how much she makes - if she's going to be "breeding" she wants to know that the man can bring home the bacon while she takes care of their new human.
It's why there's a head lion, head stallion, and...the BULL GATOR. 😉

It's been going on long enough that some of the attitude is probably built to some extent in our genes. Here in Cali though, it seems to happen less often. The sample size is fairly small, but the majority of my straight female physician colleagues are married to guys who presumably make less than them (musicians, real estate agents, engineers of the not-hot-shot-start-up type, etc.) Heck, if it wasn't for COVID cancelling a lot of elective surgeries, my wife would be making more than me, though the difference wouldn't be big.

NPs are a level above RNs, they're often doing the job of doctors. LPNs are a level below full RNs. There are many patients whose primary care "physicians" are actually NPs. There are subspecialty NPs who see cardiology, nephrology, etc. patients as well. NPs and PAs often do similar jobs and are paid similarly at a level just below lower-paying physicians, their prevalence depends on geography (PAs dominate in the northeast, NPs on the west coast).

I saw PAs but it was some years ago so if there was that position I never saw one at that hospital or they never called themselves that I guess.

Their salary is between 80K and 150K. So she makes plenty of money and wants to complain if a man makes less?

Average household income is 60K with median at 35K. She is in an upper bracket and by definition her pool of 'equals" is small. Maybe the man making 150K is not so greedy that he is looking to date only women with high salaries. Everyone wants more money but it is not always a priority.

Maybe if her priorities were straight she could find a good man that makes significantly less than her but still is a man!

Thing is with her attitude she will always look down on him because he makes less and that is just a divorce in the making.

Some of those videos with the people that get paid to give relationship advice and also have youtube channels are pretty crazy. They have all these females calling in (usually above average looking but not great looking) and what they expect is pretty crazy and when the guy gives them a reality check and says that is like only 2 or 3% of the men in that age range they will act like they are surprised.

The main thing you hear said by them even the ones not making much money themselves is the guy needs to make 6 figures and look good. The ones making 100k or in that area usually will say things like he needs to make close to 200k at least to be marriage material to her. One of them has no issue telling them they are living in fantasyland and it would be one of the few exceptions if they were able to marry what they are describing to him.

A lot of them also act shocked when he explains to them that 38 year old good looking well to do financially guy could care less what her career is and only cares mostly about looks and that their value to him has dropped once they are his age.

If this is above average looking females acting this way it would explain truly average looks and money wise Joe that is 30 or under having a hard time even finding an average looking girlfriend or even getting a one night stand with one if those male virgin numbers are close to being accurate.

Last edited:
Some of those videos with the people that get paid to give relationship advice and also have youtube channels are pretty crazy. They have all these females calling in (usually above average looking but not great looking) and what they expect is pretty crazy and when the guy gives them a reality check and says that is like only 2 or 3% of the men in that age range they will act like they are surprised.

The main thing you hear said by them even the ones not making much money themselves is the guy needs to make 6 figures and look good. The ones making 100k or in that area usually will say things like he needs to make close to 200k at least to be marriage material to her. One of them has no issue telling them they are living in fantasyland and it would be one of the few exceptions if they were able to marry what they are describing to him.

A lot of them also act shocked when he explains to them that 38 year old good looking well to do financially guy could care less what her career is and only cares mostly about looks and that their value to him has dropped once they are his age.

If this is above average looking females acting this way it would explain truly average looks and money wise Joe that is 30 or under having a hard time even finding an average looking girlfriend or even getting a one night stand with one if those male virgin numbers are close to being accurate.
I have a cousin who is 48. His first wife was a social climbing gossiping harridan . She was attractive.

His second wife is better looking, 16 years his junior and has the sweetest personality. I believe he was in his late 30s when he married her.

It seems he learned a lesson. Marry an attractive, demure, family oriented girl. The bonus: he will be in his 60s when her libido begins to slow down.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I have a cousin who is 48. His first wife was a social climbing gossiping harridan . She was attractive.

His second wife is better looking, 16 years his junior and has the sweetest personality. I believe he was in his late 30s when he married her.

It seems he learned a lesson. Marry an attractive, demure, family oriented girl. The bonus: he will be in his 60s when her libido begins to slow down.

Yep just my opinion but if someone is in a situation like that they would be a fool to marry this new breed of entitled women no matter their looks. I am not in a position like him but not sure if I would want to marry someone that much younger than me even though you see it quite a bit. Anything more than about 10 years and I would be thinking they are probably messing with some younger guy behind my back.

At the other end of the social spectrum, things have changed as well. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being an educated professional woman, but she is obviously in a better position to be much more selective in who she dates and eventually marries.

I have been off the market for quite some time, but back in the 80s / early 90s it frankly wasn’t that difficult to score premarital sex. While there always have been the alpha males who seemed to do better (I certainly wasn’t one of them), there was plenty of opportunity to go around. I have a feeling I’ll be in for a rude awakening should I become single by death or divorce.

Yep really looking into this stuff after seeing that crazy stat about so many 30 and under males being shut out it was really a big eye opener reading the articles and data on this stuff.

The only thing I would disagree with you on is educated professional woman being in a better position to be selective when it comes to marriage at least though their money does allow them to just wait and keep looking. Many have convinced themselves they are however and expect this man to meet all her requirements but the data shows attractive non-career woman is more of a catch to the few men they are mostly after.

I wonder will it ever reach a point where the mainstream media would finally admit this and stop with the "guys need to improve themselves" narrative all the time. It is pretty comical reading some of those articles.

I doubt it stops though as they know single women are much more likely to be Democrat voters so they have an incentive to keep pushing that unrealistic nonsense about not settling".

This has been an interesting thread.

I’m 55 and have been more or less happily married for 27+ years. My wife is 4 yrs younger than me. Our social status was roughly equal during our courtship and marriage.

She worked various HR related positions until we moved here to Evansville almost 20 years ago, but has stayed home to raise our two sons. I let it be her decision and didn’t put any pressure on her one way or the other.

The structural changes in our economy and society have clearly not been kind to working class males with no more than a HS education. These guys are clearly perceived as not being marriage material, and end up fathering children out of wedlock with women in their social strata, perpetuating the erosion of cultural norms of two-parent households.

At the other end of the social spectrum, things have changed as well. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being an educated professional woman, but she is obviously in a better position to be much more selective in who she dates and eventually marries.

I have been off the market for quite some time, but back in the 80s / early 90s it frankly wasn’t that difficult to score premarital sex. While there always have been the alpha males who seemed to do better (I certainly wasn’t one of them), there was plenty of opportunity to go around. I have a feeling I’ll be in for a rude awakening should I become single by death or divorce.
27 this June for us.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Some in this thread claim it was easy to score sex with these women. You think they don't know that, but maybe things have changed such that sex is all THEY are looking for as well?

Some in this thread claim it was easy to score sex with these women. You think they don't know that, but maybe things have changed such that sex is all THEY are looking for as well?
It's probably been that way for decades for independent women whose goal is no longer rearing children and have that behind them, say 35 and older. What's changed is that it's out in the open and not some dark secret.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Guess I need to start looking for a mail order bride for my son. He is just 14 but its probably best to start looking well before you have to place the order.

Who make the best traditional wives? Ukrainians, Russians, Asians or Eastern Europeans?

Reactions: martycat1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT