ADVERTISEMENT

Number of U.S. men under 30 reporting no sex has reached record highs...

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

Despite the apparent ease of securing sex in the age of dating apps and hookup culture, young Americans seem to be having less of it than ever before.

According to the survey, the portion of Americans between 18 and 29 reporting no sex in the last year has more than doubled in the last decade, leaping from 8 percent in 2008 up to 23 percent in 2018.

Broken down by gender, the data also showed a significant and unprecedented divide between male and female respondents. While the number of women in that age group reporting no sex saw an 8 percent increase in the last 10 years, the number of men reporting the same has nearly tripled to a staggering 28 percent....

Twenge also pointed to declining rates of labor force participation among men under thirty, as well as increasing rates of men in that age range living with their parents. “When you’re living at home it’s probably harder to bring sexual partners into your bedroom,” Twenge said.

45215d3b07d284b51dee87d54006a0435e5206c4658709e6417b26aa83f1c993_1.jpg

-------------------------------------

Just saw this article from 2019 posted elsewhere. If these numbers are even close to accurate America is following right behind Japan's lead when it comes to young people - especially younger guys not having sexual relations much anymore.

Curious what mainly caused the crazy spike from around 2008 to 2018. I don't buy that BS about the young guy living at home being a real big part of it as that has never stopped those types years ago as it was pretty easy to find some other place to get busy. I wish there were some breakdowns of the numbers by race etc. as I bet they vary a lot with white and far east asian people having the higher %.

It doesn't surprise me that the women's numbers vary a lot from the men's however.

Despite the apparent ease of securing sex in the age of dating apps and hookup culture, young Americans seem to be having less of it than ever before.

According to the survey, the portion of Americans between 18 and 29 reporting no sex in the last year has more than doubled in the last decade, leaping from 8 percent in 2008 up to 23 percent in 2018.

Broken down by gender, the data also showed a significant and unprecedented divide between male and female respondents. While the number of women in that age group reporting no sex saw an 8 percent increase in the last 10 years, the number of men reporting the same has nearly tripled to a staggering 28 percent....

Twenge also pointed to declining rates of labor force participation among men under thirty, as well as increasing rates of men in that age range living with their parents. “When you’re living at home it’s probably harder to bring sexual partners into your bedroom,” Twenge said.

Just saw this article from 2019 posted elsewhere. If these numbers are even close to accurate America is following right behind Japan's lead when it comes to young people - especially younger guys not having sexual relations much anymore.

Curious what mainly caused the crazy spike from around 2008 to 2018. I don't buy that BS about the young guy living at home being a real big part of it as that has never stopped those types years ago as it was pretty easy to find some other place to get busy. I wish there were some breakdowns of the numbers by race etc. as I bet they vary a lot with white and far east asian people having the higher %.

It doesn't surprise me that the women's numbers vary a lot from the men's however.

It’s the wave three of the women’s movement and the openness of the BSC led homosexuality/self identifying/transgender movement.

It’s the wave three of the women’s movement and the openness of the BSC led homosexuality/self identifying/transgender movement.

I do think the feminist movement has led to a lot of this crap. I am 52 now and you could see that mess really kicking in when I was growing up.

I did do the online dating thing when I was about 40 one time after breaking up with someone and it was crazy seeing all the mess these 35+ age women were expecting and many of them not even real high on the looks scale.

I think because a female can get a one night stand out of a guy higher on the looks scale it warps their thoughts when it comes to expectations actually dating someone. Then you have these women that think they shouldn't date anyone that doesn't make quite a bit more money than them and that isn't as high or higher on the looks scale than them.

Just guessing not knowing anything about Tinder and those applications myself I think it has just increased the number of women believing things should be that way especially with all this social media stuff there is now.

Reactions: gatordad3
I do think the feminist movement has led to a lot of this crap. I am 52 now and you could see that mess really kicking in when I was growing up.

I did do the online dating thing when I was about 40 one time after breaking up with someone and it was crazy seeing all the mess these 35+ age women were expecting and many of them not even real high on the looks scale.

I think because a female can get a one night stand out of a guy higher on the looks scale it warps their thoughts when it comes to expectations actually dating someone. Then you have these women that think they shouldn't date anyone that doesn't make quite a bit more money than them and that isn't as high or higher on the looks scale than them.

Just guessing not knowing anything about Tinder and those applications myself I think it has just increased the number of women believing things should be that way especially with all this social media stuff there is now.

Joker explains it all on his channel. Trust me, watch this guy and you will be on board.

• Haha
Reactions: fatman76
Joker explains it all on his channel. Trust me, watch this guy and you will be on board.

lol Just watched a little of that but it doesn't surprise me you would see some women now saying one of their conditions is you must have never served in the armed forces.

If guys were smart they would stop following these arrogant delusioned women around like lost puppy dogs but I guess the problem for younger men is most of the under 40 female crowd at least is like this now

lol Just watched a little of that but it doesn't surprise me you would see some women now saying one of their conditions is you must have never served in the armed forces.

If guys were smart they would stop following these arrogant delusioned women around like lost puppy dogs but I guess the problem for younger men is most of the under 40 female crowd at least is like this now
I don’t negotiate with terrorists 😂😂😂

Pu$$y is undefeated. It’s science.

You should watch more of his shows. He likes to put insane dating profiles on at the end of a lot of them. It's a hoot. But he also discusses some serious sociological trends.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Conservative men are still getting laid. Sorry, not sorry. And I have never heard of 'joker, but if @LizardGrad89 thinks s/he makes sense, that's enough reason to never listen to anything they say.

This all goes back to the libs pushing the man-made climate change hoax. Conservatives are logical thinkers, and they immediately see through it.

But liberals are emotional thinkers, and they buy it hook, line and sinker. ESPECIALLY young, liberal women. Liberal women view man-made climate change hoax as their religion, and are planning their lives accordingly. Specifically, they honestly think this planet will be inhabitable in less than a decade.

Seriously, they really believe it.

As such, most of them have sworn off sex because they refuse to get pregnant and birth a child on a planet that they legit think is going to be inhabitable before the child turns 10. So in their mind, having a child literally means condemning that child to a life of hell on earth, so they are swearing off getting pregnant, and that means swearing off sex.

Liberals ruin everything they touch.

Most young men are huge pussies now a days. Scrawny and feminine or fat and feminine. Women aren’t attracted to that. Even the most hard core feminist who uses words like toxic masculinity isn’t attracted to that.
Liberal women acting like men, so liberal men respond by acting feminine in an effort to appeal to them.

Conservative men and women don't have this problem.

Biden voters fevered brain 🧠

I just want to know why conservative women are so hot and liberal women look like Harris’s daughter who looks like napoleon dynamite?
Because those are the people that say Lena Dunham is beautiful because of her political beliefs. Being an obese cow like Amy Schumer is beautiful as long as you have a grating and obnoxious point of view you’re willing screech at the top of your lungs. But if you’re an obese cow with a contrary point of view those same people saying fat is beautiful will attack the conservative voice and call them an obese cow. If you’re naturally unattractive and want to be be called beautiful, shout about your abortion and rail against the patriarchy very publicly and other unattractive people will satiate your desire to be labeled pretty.

Because those are the people that say Lena Dunham is beautiful because of her political beliefs. Being an obese cow like Amy Schumer is beautiful as long as you have a grating and obnoxious point of view you’re willing screech at the top of your lungs. But if you’re an obese cow with a contrary point of view those same people saying fat is beautiful will attack the conservative voice and call them an obese cow. If you’re naturally unattractive and want to be be called beautiful, shout about your abortion and rail against the patriarchy very publicly and other unattractive people will satiate your desire to be labeled pretty.
That’s spot on bro, well said

Liberal women acting like men, so liberal men respond by acting feminine in an effort to appeal to them.

Conservative men and women don't have this problem.

I think even many of the non lefty women have unrealistic expectations when it comes to dating. Probably not as bad as the crazy lefty ones however. I just move on real real quick if I run into one that says something to give away she is nutty left and don't care how good looking she is.

As far as my age I would just say to keep yourself in decent shape and you should be able to get what you are looking for if you are decent looking and not worried about having a long term relationship.

Not sure with these young people now but looking at some of the videos that pop up linked to the above one these newer sites seem to suggest these young women all think even if a 7 they can get a 9 with good finances. I remember some study years ago where they had people on dating sites rating others there by their looks and the men had a normal number breakdown but the women when rating the men by looks were literally dropping almost all men down to a 5 if they didn't meet what they considered to be an 8. The 6 or 7 looks guy hardly existed to them while the guys had no issue rating a woman a 6 or 7.

Reactions: nail1988

Four words that should never be uttered in any capacity, any sequence nor at any time.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

Danica has now officially felt the metaphorical, biological Wall that all women eventually hit. The impact and sting are far greater than any regulation safety barrier to which NASCAR accommodates for their drivers to smash into.

Aaron has moved on, naturally, to younger and more fertile grounds.

In a recent interview and appearance on Quibi’s ‘The Rachel Hollis Show,’ in the wake of her split, Danica had gone full-Wall-hitter with these words of self-destruction:
“The next guy has his work cut out for him because my intuition, my standards, my boundaries, my wants and needs are off the charts”
-Danica Patrick, 38
----------------------------------------------
Lol - should have figured to see this from her. She is a good example for what these young guys are facing I guess as far as the expectations. Talk about a media created figure that never would have been talked about too much without the media's massive campaign because she was a female.

They acted like she was a real model looks wise when she looked like a little above average junior high school girl that had applied a lot of makeup.

Curious to see who goes out with her next. I would doubt its some decent looking guy her own age that is still pretty popular right now with her having that attitude.

Danica has now officially felt the metaphorical, biological Wall that all women eventually hit. The impact and sting are far greater than any regulation safety barrier to which NASCAR accommodates for their drivers to smash into.

In a recent interview and appearance on Quibi’s ‘The Rachel Hollis Show,’ in the wake of her split, Danica had gone full-Wall-hitter with these words of self-destruction:

-Danica Patrick, 38
Lol - should have figured to see this from her. She is a good example for what these young guys are facing I guess as far as the expectations. Talk about a media created figure that never would have been talked about too much without the media's massive campaign because she was a female.

They acted like she was a real model looks wise when she looked like a little above average junior high school girl that had applied a lot of makeup.

Curious to see who goes out with her next. I would doubt its some decent looking guy her own age that is still pretty popular right now with her having that attitude.
It will be some old divorced/widowed uber wealthy guy with 5 or 6 kids one of which is her age. They will marry and she will get knocked up right away. She will get fixed after a couple of kids and have affairs with much younger men until she become a prune. The old dude will die and she will never remarry.

5668a0_eba803e4e1014b46b594daff694fc126~mv2.webp

The chart from that same article. I guess it would be approaching 30 these crazy expectation women would start getting nervous if they hadn't had a child yet and that is about the same age the decent looking guys that have money also are going to be wanting the hot ones in their mid 20s still to have a kid with usually.

I see they show the guy not really taking off in SMV until he approached 30 but I assume that is solely due to finances and starting a family material as that decent looking guy even before the money has no issue getting those women for sex.

They need to do a chart with what the looks and finance status of the guy is against the looks of the woman by their ages. It would probably be about 28-33 that you see the hot childless women finally settling for many guys that are average looking but that are making a lot of money when it comes to marriage.

Video showing the lady's face at an angle at the 28 second mark.

I guess you have to give this nutty lady a little credit for putting this out there like this.

Someone in the comments claims she is around 50 and I am assuming she is at least alright money wise with how she is talking as she seems to make it clear its the looks part she is after and where men in her her own age aren't stacking up according to her and actually are insulting her by even trying to hook up with her since they aren't good looking enough and she also says in her age range women are almost always better looking than the men.

She even tries to keep rationalizing her nonsense in the comments section and takes a jab at the older men who have tried telling someone you don't want to be stuck looking after them years from now. Probably would say this about someone just 5-10 years older than her I bet.

I am not even going to do the non real life looks rating thing and say this lady is a 5. The angle could be distorting things but for that age range she is better looking than 2/3 of the females at least so I would give her a 7 for that age range if you ignore her talking.

My guess is this nutty lady is pissed the few 9's for her own age range aren't approaching her and she sits around with her like minded friends crying in their wine about it. Probably wondering why the good looking 40 year old isn't coming after her either.

Last edited:

This lady is actually kind of funny with some of her stuff. Complaining below in the comments about some guy ghosting her after saying he would pressure wash something at her house I think. Probably some 35 year old she happened to run into that didn't want to tell her no on the spot.

The one thing she is right about is guys will ghost just like girls probably even more so if its someone they don't find attractive.

• Haha
As such, most of them have sworn off sex because they refuse to get pregnant and birth a child on a planet that they legit think is going to be inhabitable before the child turns 10. So in their mind, having a child literally means condemning that child to a life of hell on earth, so they are swearing off getting pregnant, and that means swearing off sex.

Liberals ruin everything they touch.
Part of the reason they need all these illegals (new voters), if not, they will eventually die and be the end of the DEMS.

-Danica Patrick, 38

Danica is pretty hot. And I loved watching her race, she sucked in NASCAR, but I believe she could have whipped half their asses in pit lane.

Danica is pretty hot. And I loved watching her race, she sucked in NASCAR, but I believe she could have whipped half their asses in pit lane.

How the media built her up is what I found really annoying and then of course it went to her head. We know if she had been a guy she wouldn't have kept her ride long in NASCAR having the budget of the top drivers but those results. I guess she was better in Indy and at that 500 but even that one Indy win there (In Japan I think) was a race many of the top drivers missed I think.

She definitely still is believing the hype. With her name really having faded off the news compared to when she started going out with that QB I wonder if someone like that or some other bigger celebrity type would date her now even for some media attention. My guess would be no.

With her attitude after breaking up whether Rodgers was going to leave regardless or not If she is wanting to have a kid before its clearly too late (I think she must be right at 40 or so) my guess is she will have to do it with someone who isn't an item to the media much anymore.

She needs to go look at that market value chart and see where she actually falls when it comes to rich good looking guy now that she is about 40 - its literally nowhere near where they would be looking and almost a zero chance they would want to have a kid with her. Most of those guys could care less how much money the woman has.

My guess is her arrogance will have her "not settling" for a while however after reading her stuff above.

How the media built her up is what I found really annoying and then of course it went to her head. We know if she had been a guy she wouldn't have kept her ride long in NASCAR having the budget of the top drivers but those results. I guess she was better in Indy and at that 500 but even that one Indy win there (In Japan I think) was a race many of the top drivers missed I think.

She definitely still is believing the hype. With her name really having faded off the news compared to when she started going out with that QB I wonder if someone like that or some other bigger celebrity type would date her now even for some media attention. My guess would be no.

With her attitude after breaking up whether Rodgers was going to leave regardless or not If she is wanting to have a kid before its clearly too late (I think she must be right at 40 or so) my guess is she will have to do it with someone who isn't an item to the media much anymore.

She needs to go look at that market value chart and see where she actually falls when it comes to rich good looking guy now that she is about 40 - its literally nowhere near where they would be looking and almost a zero chance they would want to have a kid with her. Most of those guys could care less how much money the woman has.

My guess is her arrogance will have her "not settling" for a while however after reading her stuff above.
The media did build her up, and she got more spotlight than her talent deserved, although you could say the same thing about Dale Jr when he raced. And Danica did win a couple of poles, I believe for the Daytona 500 one year.

She was egotistical, and immature. But she was hot, she was a decent driver in a sport with elite male drivers. I can totally see why NASCAR pushed her, she had had some success in Indy Car Racing, and NASCAR has always courted those drivers, they gave Juan Pablo Montoya a huge push when he came to NASCAR from Indy, and he was probably worse than Danica.

And say what you will about Danica, but little girls adored her and she went out of her way to embrace them at the races. She was great with these young fans, and it gave NASCAR a way to connect with little girls that obviously no other driver could reach.

No idea she broke up with Aaron Rodgers, who has always struck me as a clown regardless. He was bigtime into the whole kneeling over the flag bullshit.

The media did build her up, and she got more spotlight than her talent deserved, although you could say the same thing about Dale Jr when he raced. And Danica did win a couple of poles, I believe for the Daytona 500 one year.

She was egotistical, and immature. But she was hot, she was a decent driver in a sport with elite male drivers. I can totally see why NASCAR pushed her, she had had some success in Indy Car Racing, and NASCAR has always courted those drivers, they gave Juan Pablo Montoya a huge push when he came to NASCAR from Indy, and he was probably worse than Danica.

And say what you will about Danica, but little girls adored her and she went out of her way to embrace them at the races. She was great with these young fans, and it gave NASCAR a way to connect with little girls that obviously no other driver could reach.

No idea she broke up with Aaron Rodgers, who has always struck me as a clown regardless. He was bigtime into the whole kneeling over the flag bullshit.

I agree about Rodgers and after hearing what his brother said about how Aaron has acted to his mother etc. it sounds like he is an arrogant dirt bag himself.

Reactions: goldmom and BCSpell
I might need to change the title and keep this a running thread on things related to this topic.

I see the crazy dating site lady was saying in addition to that other stuff that all the single men from 45 - 55 out there look like they are about 60 - 70 years old and haven't worked out in decades. She doesn't remember so many middle aged men looking like that when she was younger.

Well I’m definitely a seasoned citizen but I’ve got lots of opinions on this subject.

I still love being around men who are physically and mentally fit, funny, and interesting. Has that evolved over the years? Yes. I was widowed after 35 years and didn’t even try to meet men for 12 years, because I dealt with almost 90% males in my career and avoided risking any contact. I had a good paying career and it wasn’t worth it.
After I retired I joined a gym, lost 20 pounds, got some deep facial peels and decided to just loosen up and enjoy life.
I’m having fun...😎
Younger women have the idea that men are their competition in all things. Gotta move past the 9-5.
I may have more pearls of wisdom later. Stay tuned. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT